Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 14:34   #1696
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

We hired a Ford Endeavour 2.2 MT 4x4 on zoomcar for a day trip. We visited the Transport Heritage Museum near Manesar,(link to that story here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...m-gurgaon.html)

The car was pretty new with only 1500 kms on the odo, and hence promised a very good experience for a hired car.
+ Great classic, butch looks that still manage to blend with the contemporary. I prefer this over the sleeker lines of the new Fortuner and Pajero Sport.
+ Well laid out dash console and clean ergonomics for the driver.
+ Superb suspension and composure over bad terrain.
+ Happy cruising on highway speeds.
+ 4WD works like a charm over the small sandy/rocky stretches we could try it out on.
+Decent luggage space even with the third row upright

- Third row seats was not very easy to access and left very little leg room for me when I switched from driver seat to the third row for a part of the trip.
- IMO, the hard plastics' quality in The TREND variant, we were driving could have been better for the price point. Ive seen the top variants and loved the fit and finish on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20170126-1.44.23-pm.png  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20170126-1.44.23-pm.png  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20170126-2.17.15-pm.png  

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 26th January 2017 at 14:36.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 16:51   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Ford is already feeling tremendous heat from the Fortuner and they had to hike the prices now,really?

What was Ford thinking?

May be they actually don't want to sell high numbers of the Endeavour in India.
I completely agree. Hiking the prices by around 3 lakhs is nothing short of shocking. I was planning to buy the 2.2 MT AWD Trend, but have decided to ditch the idea of getting the Endeavor now due to this sudden increase in price of this variant by around 2.85 lakhs.

Also, I dont understand why Ford can not offer a 2.2 Titanium AWD AT with all bells and whistles, as someone else has already mentioned on this thread. Would have been a big success for sure and may even have lured many of the potential new generation Fortuner buyers, by virtue of offering a highly capable product at very competitive prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
We hired a Ford Endeavour 2.2 MT 4x4 on zoomcar for a day trip.
I just checked zoomzar website. However, I was not able to locate any Endeavors available for self drive rentals.
Old 26th January 2017, 17:33   #1698
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20170126-5.41.15-pm.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I
just checked zoomzar website. However, I was not able to locate any Endeavors available for self drive rentals.

It is city and date range specific.the endy is available in Delhi.Try changing dates, if you are from Delhi. I would recommended it over a short term test drive, for having a real time ownership experience, over a day or two.Cheers!!

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 26th January 2017 at 17:44.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 09:25   #1699
BHPian

SYNC2 Issues:

1. Have any of you noticed a weird sound coming out of speakers even when the sound system is off? I hear a sound almost like a cracking speaker in the rear left speaker. This is very rare, and impossible to reproduce when I take it back to the dealer. Anyone else had a similar issue?

2. Whenever I plug in my iPhone using the USB cable (which gives fabulous sound quality, btw), and I use any app like Wynk or YouTube to play the music, the music stops after exactly 22 seconds. I have figured out the solution -- a quick double tap of the power button (off-on). But this looks like a weird bug. Anyone else notice this?
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 12:00   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Hi Naresh. Did you install these puddle lamps? Do they go into a pre-existing slot provided for in the mirror? Or does one need to cut out a slot for them? Also, would be great to see some of your pics of the lamps in action. The pic on Ali seems to have the lamps throw light more on the door than the ground !!

Tks in advance !!
Old 27th January 2017, 14:23   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Hi Naresh. Did you install these puddle lamps? Do they go into a pre-existing slot provided for in the mirror? Or does one need to cut out a slot for them? Also, would be great to see some of your pics of the lamps in action. The pic on Ali seems to have the lamps throw light more on the door than the ground !!

Tks in advance !!
Hi. Yes. These lamps fit in the socket perfectly. They are custom made for Ford. Even the clip is identical to OEM as well as the wires that connect to the terminals provided in the car. In fact the whole set is identical to the OEM set except that this one has LED light.

You just need to pry out the original from the slot by pressing the clip and then remove the Red and Black wires from the sockets. Then press the new one back on after connecting the wires in the sockets just the way you removed the original.

And yes - part of the light throw falls on the door as does the OEM yellow one. The idea is that you see light on the floor just below the door when you open while still seated in the car. However, there is enough illumination on the ground around as well.

p.s. In fact I have ordered a second set for both Puddle lamps and License plate lamps as stand-by just in case. After using them I just do not want to revert to OEM yellow if any of them fail. Though LEDs seldom fail.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 27th January 2017 at 14:31.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 12:32   #1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
SYNC2 Issues:

1. Have any of you noticed a weird sound coming out of speakers even when the sound system is off? I hear a sound almost like a cracking speaker in the rear left speaker. This is very rare, and impossible to reproduce when I take it back to the dealer. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Hey!

The audio cracking issue is quite common in Sync 2 systems all over the world. Unfortunately, some of us in India are also affected by it. I was one of the first few people affected by it in India and had the exact same problem of not being able to reproduce at the Dealer.

You can see a video I uploaded on Youtube -

After 6 visits and spending countless hours fighting with the customer service, they finally agreed to change the ACM (Audio Control Module). Its been a little over 2 months since I have got the ACM replaced and so far the audio cracking issue has not reproduced.

If more people face this issue, then maybe we should get together and take it up with Ford India to upgrade us to Sync 3.

In case you need more help on solving this with your dealer, I would be happy to provide more details and my case reference

Cheers
Bhrigu
bhrigu1991 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:39   #1703
BHPian

Does anyone know how to switch folders in sync2 system ? or even albums. I see the only way is click on browse/select specific folders and didn't find any option so far.

I may be missing something or it is not available.
Old 28th January 2017, 17:00   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhrigu1991 View Post
Hey!

You can see a video I uploaded on Youtube - Here

After 6 visits and spending countless hours fighting with the customer service, they finally agreed to change the ACM (Audio Control Module). Its been a little over 2 months since I have got the ACM replaced and so far the audio cracking issue has not reproduced.

If more people face this issue, then maybe we should get together and take it up with Ford India to upgrade us to Sync 3.

Cheers
Bhrigu
Thanks for this. Mine is slightly different sounding, but probably from the same source. I have reported it to the dealer and will get it checked up the next time we send the car to them.

I am 100% sure they cant and wont change it to SYNC3. The complete hardware is different. I even offered to pay for it, but the dealer refused. We *must* find a way to up to Sync3. SYNC3/2 is the only (and major) problem with this system, especially because of the iPhone bugs.

I have a feeling that new Trends will be SYNC3, and a few hundred of us will be left in the cold Lets hope thats not the case.
Old 28th January 2017, 17:05   #1705
BHPian

I made a casual call to my dealer with regards to no Trends available. The Sales Rep sheepishly told me a new model is on its way. He is awaiting a PDF Brochure which he will send me by next week. This explains the non-availability of Trends. SYNC 3 might be standard in those too
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 17:27   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
We *must* find a way to up to Sync3. SYNC3/2 is the only (and major) problem with this system, especially because of the iPhone bugs.
There are a couple of vendors in US offering the upgrade kit. Not too sure if it'll be compatible with our Endeavours. I tried speaking to one of them and naturally they had no clue what an Everest/Endeavour was.

Here is an example
Old 29th January 2017, 12:00   #1707
Distinguished - BHPian

Can an endeavour trend owner please post some pictures of the interiors on the Trend?

I have heard many people complaining of the hard plastics on the Trend and would love to have a look at these interiors.

The only notable difference between the Trend and Titanium would otherwise be
-6 Airbags (seriously hope ford offers this)
-one touch up down for all windows
Old 29th January 2017, 13:13   #1708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can an endeavour trend owner please post some pictures of the interiors on the Trend?
Having owned both variants, I don't these-these are a deal breaker. Instead, check your other priorities. 6 Airbags are definitely a miss on such premium vehicle.

Quote:
The Sales Rep sheepishly told me a new model is on its way
I doubt, there is not much they can add to Trend if they want to keep existing differential in prices between Titanium & Trend. Sync 2 is still offered on lower variants in Australia so I think they will continue with the same strategy. It's a solid reason to go for a Titanium

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th January 2017 at 13:15.
Old 29th January 2017, 13:34   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Hi. Yes. These lamps fit in the socket perfectly. They are custom made for Ford. Even the clip is identical to OEM as well as the wires that connect to the terminals provided in the car. In fact the whole set is identical to the OEM set except that this one has LED light.

p.s. In fact I have ordered a second set for both Puddle lamps and License plate lamps as stand-by just in case. After using them I just do not want to revert to OEM yellow if any of them fail. Though LEDs seldom fail.
Neat modification
Can you please post few pictures of the lighting effect?
Old 29th January 2017, 17:03   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
I made a casual call to my dealer with regards to no Trends available. The Sales Rep sheepishly told me a new model is on its way. He is awaiting a PDF Brochure which he will send me by next week. This explains the non-availability of Trends. SYNC 3 might be standard in those too
Don't know about accuracy of this, but apparently the Ford Kuga is on its way to India.
It will be offered with the same 2.2 engine. Ford is trying to make room for it, by removing Trend.
Again this could be speculation so please take it with the necessary pinch of salt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks