Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:30   #1831
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Google maps on browser cant be mirrored on Carplay ? Or is that google maps not full featured as the application is ?
Car play and if i am not mistaken android auto doesn't support browser. And in car play apple currently allows only its default map app to work for navigation. Only work around is to use the apple map to visually display, and google maps to be run in the background for voice based guidance.

And Sync3 works only using cable for Car play and Android Auto.

Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Thank you. Can you check and let me know if it is H/T-S or A/T-S.
If you drive predominantly on road go for HT/S and if you do more than 20-30% offroad then AT/S would be a good option, keep in mind AT/S offers lesser road grip, especially on wet roads. Sidewall strength is slightly better as far as i know on AT/S but that is compromising on ride quality.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2017 at 14:33.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 16:15   #1832
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
hey reading your overall review my sense seems to be that you are over reacting and things aren't as bad as you are sounding. Ignoring the dealership issues the product related issues are not major in my view. Your avg doesnt seem that bad for a vehicle of its size and weight and it would improve after car has done 10K km or so. But in general you need to get your expectation aligned, it wont give you 15kmpl like sedans would. Apple compatibility issues with sync2 are more sw issues and resolved in sync3 from what i read. Alternately what stops you from plugging a USB to listen to good music. World doesn't end with apple phone. Vibration issue though a quality check issue got fixed as well. Visibility around the vehicle again is more from design. This is a truck type SUV. You will need to be careful and find ways to fix it with wing mirrors etc.

My main point being that you need to enjoy your new car. Dont mar the experience by getting worked up on something that is not that significant. Maybe you did a rushed purchase and didnt understand things like avg, visibility but you can surely calibrate your expectations a bit.

Hi

Visibility isn't the reason that I'm dissatisfied, That's something I need to find a solution to. I'm sure a wing mirror will fix it. Mileage is also as expected I wasn't expecting more at all. I've driven a storme long enough to not compare a car of this size to a sedan!

The major reason I'm dissatisfied is the Skoda-Esque levels of customer service of the dealership and now the company. You are absolutely right the only major issues are with the dealership. But then again that's all that was wrong in my Skoda experience. The car was fantastic but I'll never buy one again.

Further the sync issues are significant to me. I don't understand what you mean by 'world doesn't end with iPhone'. I use an iPhone and a USB doesn't work with wynk or Spotify and I was told that the car supports them. But after 22 seconds of playing a song it stops working. There is no known solution.

Last edited by torquing_points : 22nd February 2017 at 16:23.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 16:57   #1833
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The major reason I'm dissatisfied is the Skoda-Esque levels of customer service of the dealership and now the company.
Manufacturers seldom interact directly with customers, at least FORD guys are maintaining a chat service and are also prompt to reply to E-Mails. Sadly replies of most such places are generalised and rarely helpful. That's reasons we have forums like this wonderful place where others can reply or try to help.

Quote:
Further the sync issues are significant to me
Quote:
the interface 'stops' playing after 22 seconds of any song played in any non-apple music app.
When you visit workshop next time, ask them to update software, it might solve your problem. I checked this does not happen on mine, perhaps you can try at dealer end on another truck. Do check cable and software of phone also.

Quote:
One serious flaw of the vehicle is the poor visibility on the passenger side. There is a massive blind 'area' whereby its hard to see low cars like civics if they are on your left and not visible in the side view.
How tall are you? Can you try raising your seat higher- I haven't noticed this. If you are used to driving sedan's previously then give some time, human mind is very capable and will relearn processing vision from a height.

Quote:
I use an iPhone and a USB doesn't work with wynk or Spotify and I was told that the car supports them.
That's strange as I have used both with USB, does this problem persist if you connect via Bluetooth?

Quote:
Overall satisfaction with purchase: 4/10.
Is this with your purchase experience or the product? if with the product, better you sell the truck before FORD start giving rebates on 2017 models. I am sure you must have picked 2016 discounted one so your losses will be minimal. No fun in keeping something you don't love. But again that's my personal opinion and need to be taken as an advice.

Quote:
Can you check and let me know if it is H/T-S or A/T-S.
even I am curious to know, Toyota uses this as standard on LC. In all probability this will be closer to H/T - have a look
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-yoko.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd February 2017 at 17:04.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:43   #1834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
even I am curious to know, Toyota uses this as standard on LC. In all probability this will be closer to H/T - have a look
Yes they do look like HT/S pattern and not AT/S, they have more aggressive patterns. How much do these cost?
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:54   #1835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How much do these cost?
Costs varied between two dealers I checked from 10,000 to 12500 per tyre in exchange of MRF OE. Obviously, I bought from cheaper.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:10   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
..even I am curious to know, Toyota uses this as standard on LC. In all probability this will be closer to H/T - have a look
So I did a mini PhD on this and here is what I found.
1. Your tyre is neither HTS nor ATS, yours is G94 which is imported. These are OE tyres for Toyota. Excellent speed and load rating at 116V compared to stock MRF tyres at 110T. This appear dealer imported through 3rd party as Yoko-India sells only ATS, HTS & MT+ for SUV (see picture)

2. Your's appear closer to winter tyres with excellent wet performance. This G94 is mostly sold in winter countries as all weather & offroad and tread pattern appear pretty close to Geolander i/T-S (winter tyre) sold in Korea. The down side could be a bit faster wear in Indian road conditions compared to ATS or HTS.

3. The 'G' in G94 represent higher rolling resistance. Thanks to Endy's noise cancellation, you may not be noticing the noise inside. That probably is a benefit of Endy, you can put whatever monster tread you like and still have a quiet cabin

4. It seems like, Yoko 285 is not available in India in HTS, ATS or MT, unless G94 as dealer import. Going down to 275 the only one available is in ATS, so will have to compromise on wet traction.

Now I am a bit confused 285 G94 vs. 275 ATS.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-yokoindiatyres.jpg  

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 22nd February 2017 at 20:19.
Czarcarsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:45   #1837
BHPian

I have a query, Can we do parallel parking on the right side using park assist ?
I tried doing this and the car veered dangerously close to the other parked car on front right side, the one behind which I was trying to park. The maneuver appeared as though it was still going to park towards the left side.
Interesting observation was that the proximity warning sensors didn't beep either.At this point I took over an parked manually.

Has anyone tried this ? if not , can someone kindly try it some time ?
I remember reading somewhere that parallel parking can be done on both sides, cant remember the source though. Or does it mean that it can be done only on LHD endeavors ?
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:21   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Rahul, Congrats on your new acquisition. Do post some pictures here.

Buy a cheap Android phone and make use of Android Auto, only trouble will be losing hands-free on your iPhone. Or perhaps shift your primary phone from iphone to say S7 like I did
I find the CarPlay/Auto quite cumbersome. You have to take out phone from your pocket and stick it in the USB port. I already walked away twice in last two days with phone plugged into the SUV. Also, the left MID and controls doesn't work with CarPlay. My music playing options are limited to Apple Music and none of Indian online music apps are supported. I prefer the Bluetooth option over the CarPlay most of time, except for using Siri to make calls.

Quote:
Do check out some tyre upgrade options, Yoko is worth considering and changes the ride appreciably over stock.
I already covered 150 KM, how soon I have to go for upgrade to get decent price for the replacement?
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:50   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
I already covered 150 KM, how soon I have to go for upgrade to get decent price for the replacement?
100km is generally the norm. But you can negotiate and get the exchange done asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
I have a query, Can we do parallel parking on the right side using park assist ?
The park assist works only for Left side. Have tried it and it will not work for the right side. You can check the info online as well.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:13   #1840
BHPian

Yes Park Assist works for the right side. You just need to use the turn indicator. Its given in the Endeavour Manual
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:21   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Yes Park Assist works for the right side. You just need to use the turn indicator. Its given in the Endeavour Manual
That sounds interesting and thanks for clarifying, kimianks.

Let me correct myself and I never knew about using the indicator with the park assist. Yes, its mentioned in page 151 of the manual. You can view it online here assuming this info is same for Australia and India.

From the manual

Quote:
Note: If the direction indicators are not
used, the system defaults to the passenger
side of your vehicle.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 22nd February 2017 at 22:35.
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:31   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Manufacturers seldom interact directly with customers, at least FORD guys are maintaining a chat service and are also prompt to reply to E-Mails.

When you visit workshop next time, ask them to update software, it might solve your problem. I checked this does not happen on mine, perhaps you can try at dealer end on another truck. Do check cable and software of phone also.

How tall are you? Can you try raising your seat higher- I haven't noticed this. If you are used to driving sedan's previously then give some time, human mind is very capable and will relearn processing vision from a height.

Is this with your purchase experience or the product? if with the product, better you sell the truck before FORD start giving rebates on 2017 models. I am sure you must have picked 2016 discounted one so your losses will be minimal. No fun in keeping something you don't love. But again that's my personal opinion and need to be taken as an advice.

So they don maintain an email helpline but the moment the problem becomes one with a dealers commitment they stop replying. I'll try the chat now.

Mine is the latest version of sync2. Checked this up. I was told by the dealership that there is an issue with iPhone and that they are trying to fix it but that I have to deal with it for now. I guess I'll have to live with it - I'll make my peace with it. Quick question-- if you have sync2, and you make a song selection using wynk or YouTube, does it work perfectly? Can you do me a favor and try 'skipping' 5-10 songs to see if they work perfectly? I only use the USB cable not Bluetooth.

Visibility - this is a minor issue but a glaring difference between a Hexa / innova / xuv/ safari and the endy. I'm 6'. Have you driven a safari? You'll know what I mean if you have with the massive windows. Anyway - minor issue. Only reason I raised it is to check if someone has recommendations on a good wing mirror.

The 4/10 is the overall experience more to do with fords unprofessional dealings, and primarily due to tanish ford with whom I unfortunately got stuck in the purchase decision. My fault. For comparison, In the first month of owning my storme, I was at an ecstatic rating of 9/10 btw, probably because expectations were lower. Was also pretty excited at the end of the first month when I bought the 3, Honda and E - only cars I've felt short changed by were Skoda and ford.

I did try to put the truck up for sale. The resale value is poor. Not worth the loss to sell it-- But I wouldn't buy it again. I'll probably sell it faster than I sold the storme though

Appreciate your inputs. Especially if you can check 5-10 songs after skipping and waiting for them for 25-30 seconds using a USB lightning cable.
Old 23rd February 2017, 07:49   #1843
BHPian

I use sync2 with wynk on iphone everyday over bluetooth, never had any issues.

The only issue I seen, while playing music from bluetooth, connect usb cable to iPhone, the music stops. You have top switch off and on the music system solves the issue.

I guess the assumption from Sync is, you have connected USB device and it is expecting you to play from that USB drive than bluetooth (which is default in most of the cars).
Old 23rd February 2017, 08:51   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the list of all problems being faced/reported by owners in Austraila, I have copied from

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...8&postcount=12

We can surely co-relate many with similar problems here.

1.Faulty Crank position sensor - random engine shutdown or hard starting.
Well, I seem to be the first one to report this in India ( atleast in this forum ). I have been observing hard start issues early in the morning and it got worse progressively. I took it to the service center on Ford's instruction and they found P0335 code which indicates a CKP Sensor circuit fault ( Crankshaft Position Sensor ). They attempted to refit the sensor, but next day morning the car did not start at all. Car was then towed on flat bed truck to dealership and they replaced the sensor. Luckily for me, the engine did not shutdown while in motion or when I had parked it away from my house

Issue seem to be fixed now.

For benefit of other owners, these are the symptoms I faced

1. Issue started with car needing more than one crank in the morning to fire the engine. This got worse over time and needing upto 5 cranks. Then after the service it just stopped

2. At the end of long cranks, a warning light pops up "Charging system service now"

3. Once the car starts and runs for few kms, I did not face the issue in the same day. that led me to thinking if it is a battery issue. Infact, for long time, I was thinking that the long cranks are due to the fact that battery is discharging faster and suspected, battery and current leakage. I tested the idle voltage and crank voltage and when engine is running, once. They all came clean ( above 12v, 10v and 14v respectively )

Watch out for any indications and let the service guys do an analysis of diagnostic codes whenever the car gets serviced.

I will update on my experience after 2500 km

-tortoise

Last edited by tortoise : 23rd February 2017 at 09:03.
tortoise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:01   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
One serious flaw of the vehicle is the poor visibility on the passenger side. There is a massive blind 'area' whereby its hard to see low cars like civics if they are on your left and not visible in the side view.

The way that the windows are contoured, it will definitely need one of those wing mirrors on the front left side of the bonnet. Any suggestions - has anyone got this installed?
Completely agree! I felt this after driving just 200 mtrs after taking delivery. At a signal, I did not observe an Alto which stopped on the left side of the car. When signal turned green, it looked as if a car jumped out of my bonnet

Also, the huge driver side mirror blocks the visibility of small vehicles, especially bikes approaching perpendicular to the car. I am getting used to that and being extra careful in nights

Last edited by tortoise : 23rd February 2017 at 09:23.
tortoise is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks