Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 14:44   #1741
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Guys, any updates on mileage for the people who had bought the cars? On the 4x2 AT, I am getting 10.5 normally, but on some rides, it drops to below 9 even if driven with a light foot!
I also find intermittent harshness in the engine, but just got the PCM reprogrammed at Ford. Lets hope that resolved it.
Old 4th February 2017, 15:38   #1742
BHPian

Can you please clarify under what conditions are you getting this 10.5? City or highways? And is it by tankfull method?
Old 4th February 2017, 18:46   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Can you please clarify under what conditions are you getting this 10.5? City or highways? And is it by tankfull method?
It is using the calculator in the MID.

The conditions are 60-70% highway (but the Gurgaon highway - so lots of stop / starts and traffic to get on / off), but 100% driven with a super light foot.

Is this in line with what others are getting?
Old 5th February 2017, 03:07   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Finally after a great deal of debates and test drives, ranging from Audi to Hyundai shortlisted the Endy. 3.2 Titanium. Vehicle reached dealership yesterday and should be delivering in the coming week.
Congratulations Jaggu
Waiting for your ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Checked with Ford dealership here in Gurgaon. The sales executive mentioned that Ford has asked all dealerships to not sell endeavor in the 'trend' variant. My visit there was over quite quickly - I'm in the market for a niche SUV and my budget does not cover the titanium trim. Will go for hr Tucson if Ford keeps up with this approach for shooing away customers ready to spend 25 big ones. Please advise
Tuscon doesnt even have a 4WD (What was Hyundai thinking?)

Wait for the Ford Kuga or Jeep compass if you can.(18lk to 25 lk OTR)
Both look promising.
Old 5th February 2017, 11:47   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
It is using the calculator in the MID.

The conditions are 60-70% highway (but the Gurgaon highway - so lots of stop / starts and traffic to get on / off), but 100% driven with a super light foot.

Is this in line with what others are getting?
3.2 AT. I am consistently getting only 6.5 max 7 in stop and go traffic in Bangalore for last one year. On highways, I am getting about 9 driving fairly aggressively above 100+ kmph.

Love the drive every time.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 10:57   #1746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congrats Jaggu, great buy decision. Pleasantly surprised that you went in with the Endeavour specially because i though you were mentioning you wanted to go in for the Fortuner base 4x2 variant
Thanks! "if" it was fortuner then it would have been the 4x2, but since brother decided Fortuner was not worth the premium we decided we would go with the Endy, and he wanted all the bells and whistles, so it was decided we go with the top end 4x4 itself. It is another thing that he might not ever use the 4x4, but then i get to take it for some fun trails though i will have to be super careful since damages are the last thing i want on an expensive car.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 16:11   #1747
BHPian

I test drove both the Fortuner and Endeavour one after the other. Some key observations:

1. Ride Quality : Fortuner is better around curves at high speeds, Endy is good too but didn't inspire that confidence (I somehow believe its better than what I perceived it to be). But more importantly, go over bad roads and undulating surfaces and the Endy sails over while the Fortuner thuds and transfers it to all the occupants of the car. Add the active noise cancellation and Endy is much better to be seated on.

2. Engine : Fortuner beats Endy hands down in terms of dynamic engine and throttle response. Endy, however, is powerful enough but seems lethargic to start with. It compensates enough after a second or so and feels powerful.

3. Features : Endy wins hands down here, it feels like a car for which I would pay so much money. The dash is neat and the 3 displays add to the classiness. It has the better speakers of the two, and the sunroof and auto third row folding makes it very handy as a family vehicle.

The only downside overall with the Endy then is the lack of manual gearbox for the 3.2 litre, which is my biggest dilemma in choosing between the Fortuner and Endy.
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 16:23   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
The only downside overall with the Endy then is the lack of manual gearbox for the 3.2 litre, which is my biggest dilemma in choosing between the Fortuner and Endy.
Really do not know why there is no Titanum MT for 3.2 L, do not understand the logic
Old 6th February 2017, 18:39   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Really do not know why there is no Titanum MT for 3.2 L, do not understand the logic
Ford is not even bothered for a 2.2 Titanium MT. Since the Endeavour is CKD & 3.2 is not available with MT anywhere globally, chances are very less for us getting a 3.2 MT variant in India.
Old 7th February 2017, 10:56   #1750
BHPian

Completed a 1000 km today on my 3.2 at trend . Average i get is about 9.4 with mixed driving. No issues so far and the car is a gem to drive. Some people have expressed its a bit lazy with the auto gearbox but i guess thats what its made for comfort rather than sudden surges of power that would push one back to the seat . It simply glides over the rough road and has adequate power on the tap when needed for those sudden overtakes. The fortuners engine sounds so crude after having compared both and the suspension set up in much better on the Endy anytime. The only advantage i see the fortuner has over the Endy is the brand value of toyota but its limited to asian markets world over the Ford sells good as a reliable car over the years to keep. My geolanders do a great job on the truck and feels more confident with them. looking for more experiences to share as i clock miles on the Endy.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:07   #1751
BHPian

Completed 20000km service yesterday.

Oil change and filter.
Gasket drain plug
Wheel balancing, rotation and alignment
General check up, washing and cleaning

Total Rs. 7569.00/-

Car runs fine and no complaints. Service experience 10/10. They did a good job in getting the car serviced in 5 hours (they committed whole day but got it done in less time).

Question:

1) With so much electronics and electrical items no one is ready to wash the inside of the bonnet (be it Ford or 3M) They are afraid and rightly so.

What's the best way to keep the engine bay area clean? Can't do pressure wash and risk. Thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
One of my friend is wanting an advice from me to choose between the Fortuner vs Endeavour. He is looking for the top end variant in both the brands. Obviously the discussion was towards the brand reputation, reliability, resale and service cost of the cars. I was looking online for some comparison and came across this.

Fortuner service costs here
He decided to go for the Endeavour as he is impressed with the car. Expecting his Titanium 3.2 AT in the next two weeks.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 7th February 2017 at 11:11.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:28   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Completed 20000km service yesterday.

1) With so much electronics and electrical items no one is ready to wash the inside of the bonnet (be it Ford or 3M) They are afraid and rightly so.

What's the best way to keep the engine bay area clean? Can't do pressure wash and risk. Thoughts ?
Great run. I am sure you are very few of the Endeavours that have done 20k on odo. Nice to see that the service cost is still very low.

Yes. No one wants to pressure wash under the hood. I got this cleaned by air (under pressure) at 3M and then hand wiped. A slight water spray at some areas is fine as long as it is not under pressure. Water residue to be removed by pressured air.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:02   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Ford is not even bothered for a 2.2 Titanium MT. Since the Endeavour is CKD & 3.2 is not available with MT anywhere globally, chances are very less for us getting a 3.2 MT variant in India.
I was also worried about the Automatic Transmission initially (AT) but trust me these new generation AT boxes are worth it.

E.g:

1) I drive through various terrains, using a manual vehicle is a pain and especially with hardening clutch in many of the diesel cars it is not fun.

2) Another big advantage is lesser abuse. I had faced this problem in my previous cars where if you let anyone else drive the car the clutch used to slip, pedal gets jammed, play increases, clutch burns more frequent (and their usage style may not be similar to that of yours). With an AT gearbox the risk is lower.

Downside of having an automatic transmission car ? Not so easy for me to drive a Manual transmission car nowadays.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 7th February 2017 at 13:03.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:40   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
3.2 AT. I am consistently getting only 6.5 max 7 in stop and go traffic in Bangalore for last one year. On highways, I am getting about 9 driving fairly aggressively above 100+ kmph.

Love the drive every time.
Same with me, In Bangalore city driving I get 6 to 6.5 for 3.2 Titanium
Old 7th February 2017, 15:11   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
I was also worried about the Automatic Transmission initially (AT) but trust me these new generation AT boxes are worth it.

Downside of having an automatic transmission car ? Not so easy for me to drive a Manual transmission car nowadays.
Absolutely agree. I switched to Civic AT 10 years back and would never go back to a Manual ever. Now all the cars I have are Auto. So much more easier to drive in the bumper to bumper traffic of Bangalore.

Also as you said, an Auto box can never be damaged by different drivers like a manual.

And to the other post - I also get around 6.5 in City. The notorious Bangalore Traffic.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 7th February 2017 at 15:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks