Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 10:00   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Sharing Autocar spare parts price survey posted on ford india website.

https://www.india.ford.com/content/d...ice-survey.pdf

Premium SUV comparison report
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-cost.jpg

What is important to notice here is, the regular service and mechanical parts are similarly priced(lesser in some case), its the accident repair parts that make Endeavour one of the costliest.

Last edited by PrideRed : 6th January 2017 at 10:07.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 10:17   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
So I finally got the truck home yesterday.Its a 3.2 titanium,September built with sync 3 enabled.Will post more pictures soon.
Congratulations and God Speed
On a different subject:
a couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of test driving the 2.2L Titanium. The car was loaded with 4 adults and 2 teens. All 3 rows seated. Full a/c.
Drove through the busy Bangalore weekday morning traffic. Constant acceleration and braking. The truck performed pretty well. Acceleration was quick and very light steering. Never felt the weight bogging it down at all. I was able to take some tight U-turns with ease.
It takes some time to get used to the behemoth though. Its as if you are straddling the entire width of the lane.
One thing I noticed on the ride is that the stock MRF tires tend to judder like a drum being played, every time it hit a pot-hole. I could not feel it on the steering though. But it does come through as noise. May be it has some thick sidewall. Not sure moving to Yoko or some other premium brand tires would reduce this judder ? Or is it to be expected on large trucks for Indian roads ?
Old 6th January 2017, 11:23   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Toyota is glaring miss from this list.

Its identical between the Endeavour 2.2 MT and 3.2 AT except for the clutch on the former. And it is the clutch which makes it most expensive among the group. But the clutch on these trucks are really heavy duty and lasts quite a distance if not highly abused. So, overall a good show by Ford.

And the AC evaporator coil on the Ford is very reasonable. Glad to note that, as its a vulnerable unit on the Fords here.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 16:54   #1594
Distinguished - BHPian

BHPian anumod shares delivery details and his initial impressions of driving the Endeavour 2.2L Trend variant.

Quote:
The final price given to me was Rs 26.97 lakhs, after deducting Rs 1.08 lakhs as year-end discount, Rs 1 lakh as exchange bonus for my Ford EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium, and an additional Rs 50,000 deducted from insurance and the dealership. This was inclusive of 3rd year extended warranty, zero-depreciation insurance (two times in an year) with engine protection cover.

They took my EcoSport EcoBoost for Rs 7.8 lakhs.

During PDI, I found some hairline cracks on the tyres and upon pointing that out to the dealer, he got the tyres changed. I also noticed light rusting on the underbody chassis in the spot-welding areas, so got the underbody coating done. Some rusting was also present on the brake discs, which were cleaned (as much as they could) prior to delivery. The door glass's rubber strips are loose, and the dealership said that they would get it fixed.

The manual gear box is very well-balanced. The gears are very short - you can move into 2nd gear after crossing 15 kmph, and 3rd gear can be slotted as soon as you reach 30 kmph. The car moves slowly and freely (without any jerks) in 2nd gear at 10 kmph. This helps in avoiding frequent shifts in city traffic. A big surge in power is felt as soon as the SUV crosses 1800 RPM. Also, the gear throw is quite short.

By maintaining a constant speed between 70-80 kmph, I am getting a MID-indicated mileage of ~15 kmpl. In stop-and-go & B2B city traffic, the MID shows ~9 kmpl.

I have only taken scuff plates and ambient lighting from the official accessories. Planning to get 3M anti-scratch films and Mosin ceramic coating from outside.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-e1.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-e3.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-e2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th January 2017 at 16:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:12   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

https://www.india.ford.com/content/d...ice-survey.pdf

Premium SUV comparison report
Attachment 1592504

What is important to notice here is, the regular service and mechanical parts are similarly priced(lesser in some case), its the accident repair parts that make Endeavour one of the costliest.
Headlight assy. (each with bulb) 46999 But how come its same for both models ? i guess they have compared Titanium variants for both 2.2 & 3.2.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:20   #1596
BHPian

Can someone please post a photograph of the dashboard of the Trend models? I could only see the leather covered dash of the Titanium in the brochure and at the dealers but keen to check out a 3.2 Trend.

Apologies if this has been posted and I missed it.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:24   #1597
BHPian

I have seen a trend model at a showroom. Dash is the same as titanium.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:28   #1598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Can someone please post a photograph of the dashboard of the Trend models? I could only see the leather covered dash of the Titanium in the brochure and at the dealers but keen to check out a 3.2 Trend.

Apologies if this has been posted and I missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I have seen a trend model at a showroom. Dash is the same as titanium.
No the Trend does not have the leather finish on the top of dashboard and the accents are silver instead of black. Roof lining is also grey/beige in the Trend vs black in the Titanium.

Detailed in this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3897996 (Preview: Ford Endeavour)
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 19:57   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No the Trend does not have the leather finish on the top of dashboard and the accents are silver instead of black. Roof lining is also grey/beige in the Trend vs black in the Titanium.

Detailed in this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3897996 (Preview: Ford Endeavour)
Thanks . Just what I was looking for!
Old 7th January 2017, 11:34   #1600
BHPian

Congratulations to all the new owners of the Ford Endeavour. Wishing you all a Happy and Enjoyable riding experience.

1) I was quite surprised to see new Endeavours doing duty in places like Kottarakkara, Thiruvalla, Kottayam (had local regn numbers so assuming so). There seems to be a good fan following for the Endeavour in Kerala (by seeing the number of old and new Endeavours)

2) However, Fortuner is still the king. Based on the December 2016 numbers, 1780 Fortuners were sold vs 912 Endeavours. Source

3) Per the local dealer, Ford is working hard on localizing more components, at least the most used body and mechanical parts so that the prices will further come down. This does not come with any evidence or supporting statements but i hope its true.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 13:20   #1601

Clocked 10500 kms in 4 months of owner ship including drives to Kutch, Mangalore, Yawal and the Endy continues to impress.

Got the second service done which was a meagre 3K, which is a lot less than my bike. Heard Ford is trying hard to get its service line sorted.

While Fortuner continues to sell, but am unimpressed with the new T-Fort.
Old 7th January 2017, 14:22   #1602
BHPian

AutoX off-road comparison, endeavor in the front again.

http://www.autox.in/car-comparisons/...ss-comparison/
Old 7th January 2017, 17:30   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Congratulations to all the new owners of the Ford Endeavour. Wishing you all a Happy and Enjoyable riding experience.

1) I was quite surprised to see new Endeavours doing duty in places like Kottarakkara, Thiruvalla, Kottayam (had local regn numbers so assuming so). There seems to be a good fan following for the Endeavour in Kerala (by seeing the number of old and new Endeavours)

2) However, Fortuner is still the king. Based on the December 2016 numbers, 1780 Fortuners were sold vs 912 Endeavours. Source

3) Per the local dealer, Ford is working hard on localizing more components, at least the most used body and mechanical parts so that the prices will further come down. This does not come with any evidence or supporting statements but i hope its true.

1) yes, saw quite a few even in some unassuming places in Kerala.
2) but aren't these numbers for shipment out from factory ? My guess is Toyota has estimated a big sales figure for T-fort and hence those numbers. I am not sure if those all represent actual sales to customers. Please correct me if I am wrong.
3) had a chance to interact with a Ford India senior person recently. Yes localization is at the top of priorities but even bigger one is their renewed focus on small cars in international markets. Apparently they now have a new 7pillar strategy where small car is one of the pillars.
Old 8th January 2017, 00:29   #1604
BHPian

Was looking up floor mats on AliExpress....getting a bit confused on whether to order black designs or beige !? What are the interior colours on Trend, around the mat? General idea is to keep the colour of the mat as close as possible to the immediate colour next to it....
Old 8th January 2017, 06:28   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
What are the interior colours on Trend, around the mat? General idea is to keep the colour of the mat as close as possible to the immediate colour next to it....
It's beige. Ford's OEM mats that came along with my car were black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks