Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 13:56   #1456
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
I was informed that the black car has technical problem and will be sent back to the plan
I don't think this can be correct for multiple reasons. First, Dealers will always try to sell whatever they have in stocks even if it throws some errors. Second, Making a sales return for the cars invoiced is very tricky and is almost non-existent. Even if any car is damaged they will claim from Insurance rather than sending it back to the factory. Third, Most of the factories are to produce and won't have facilities to repair. New generation vehicles can be hooked up to FORD servers and faults can be diagnosed to component/ module levels easily.

Tell them that you will still like to see the car in person as you feel that something is wrong. You can tell them to be clear else you will involve FORD explaining this incident, do mention VIN if they have shared else just describe the incident. I am sure the manufacturer has some checks in place.

If there is indeed some problem and the showroom guys wants to play safe by getting the car repaired instead of releasing to the customer, you should go with smoke grey. This color surely looks good and will grow up. I am also a big fan of black and would have picked smoke grey in case they had no Blacks left.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th December 2016 at 14:21.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:01   #1457
BHPian

Thank you Narayan, while they haven't confirmed on what the actual problem is but they are very sure they can't deliver it. I don't want to push it too hard, only to realise that i've bought a faulty car later. I checked a few other dealers, including the ones in pondicherry, the lack of colors seems like a real problem.

The discounts is exactly in line with what has been discussed in the thread. I've planned to buy my insurance directly using my NCB, so that reduces the price a little further down.

You are right, that thought did pass my mind to wait till Feb or register the car on the 2nd of Jan 2017, but more than the discounts and price rise, my immediate problem would be how to I commute to office everyday for 2 months (if I wait for the black panther)
Old 20th December 2016, 14:19   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If there is indeed some problem and the showroom guys wants to play safe by getting the car repaired instead of releasing to the customer, you should go with smoke grey. This color surely looks good and will grow up. I am also a big fan of black and would have picked smoke grey in case they had no Blacks left.
Thank you Turbanator, in fact the first thought that passed was they were holding the black back for some 'influential' customer. Let me speak to them again and check if they will allow me to see the car. The smoked grey looks a couple of shades lighter than what I saw on the website. I wish it was a darker shade of grey!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-picture1.png  

StudioAbraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:23   #1459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wish it was a darker shade of grey
Agreed, are you allowed to have some tints on windows? Can you have black windows later on, like the picture on left?
Old 20th December 2016, 14:25   #1460
BHPian

I just got a call from Ford sales guy and he just confirmed the Vin number to me which is MAJAXXMRWAGA76874
When I try to pull out details from https://www.etis.ford.com it shows build date of March 2016 as per attached screenshot.
The sales manager is saying that manufacturing date is 19th December and he has confirmed with ford India.He says he will share the factory invoice,when the vehicle reaches his stockyard, which will mention December manufacturing date.According to him there is something wrong in the website.
Is he trying to sell me a lemon,because few pages back Turbanotor had shared a couple of VIN numbers which were starting with GY and they were September built.
Awaiting your inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20161220-1.57.13-pm.png  

Old 20th December 2016, 14:52   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I just got a call from Ford sales guy and he just confirmed the Vin number to me which is MAJAXXMRWAGA76874
When I try to pull out details from https://www.etis.ford.com it shows build date of March 2016 as per attached screenshot.
The sales manager is saying that manufacturing date is 19th December and he has confirmed with ford India.He says he will share the factory invoice,when the vehicle reaches his stockyard, which will mention December manufacturing date.According to him there is something wrong in the website.
Is he trying to sell me a lemon,because few pages back Turbanotor had shared a couple of VIN numbers which were starting with GY and they were September built.
Awaiting your inputs.
Please refer to the below link for a snapshot of VIN decoding data circulated by Ford themselves to their dealers. It cant be wrong for sure.
GA is March, no two ways about it. Please check if it is indeed GA.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4109537
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 15:03   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
but more than the discounts and price rise, my immediate problem would be how to I commute to office everyday for 2 months (if I wait for the black panther)
may i suggest using services like Uber until then
use mastercard and get every 4th trip free On top of that Stanchart is running a 25% cash back for every trip.I am loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Awaiting your inputs.
I am wondering if this is to do with CKD cars-where the earlier date is the kit manufacture date and then once import and assembly happens, the real manufacturing date in India becomes available ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 17:35   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think this can be correct for multiple reasons. First, Dealers will always try to sell whatever they have in stocks even if it throws some errors. Second, Making a sales return for the cars invoiced is very tricky and is almost non-existent. Even if any car is damaged they will claim from Insurance rather than sending it back to the factory. Third, Most of the factories are to produce and won't have facilities to repair. New generation vehicles can be hooked up to FORD servers and faults can be diagnosed to component/ module levels easily.

Tell them that you will still like to see the car in person as you feel that something is wrong. You can tell them to be clear else you will involve FORD explaining this incident, do mention VIN if they have shared else just describe the incident. I am sure the manufacturer has some checks in place.

I agree with this point Turbanator makes. Dealers never return cars to plant. Never. I was delivered a faulty car and had to involve Ford to get it sorted the very next day of delivery. Not that the fault may have been missed by the dealer.

Also cases of dealers diverting incoming cars to other customers is common. Also dealers making false delivery promise to make you book is also common. This happened to me here and I finally got the car a month after the promised delivery date after I sent a formal cancellation with a copy to Ford. Again some other car must have been diverted to me as I got the delivery confirmed within hours of sending the cancellation to Ford.

In your case, the dealer must have diverted the car to another customer and now you are back in the end of the line for the same color. If the dealer has not shared the VIN, you can still write to Ford and get them to own the issue. They are very responsive these days and do drive the issues to closure.

p.s. Color loading by dealers to plant happens by 5th of the month and they normally look at the quota of cars they are eligible for, the colors needed in the waiting list and then load the orders to plant. Just in case this info helps.

Also at times dealers bid for pool cars to pick up in case other dealers have not picked up and the cars are in the common pool. Ask your dealer to explore the pool cars - though Black might be doubtful due to demand.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 20th December 2016 at 17:40.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 19:36   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Expecting delivery by this weekend
Thank you and congratulations! Would you be able to share the Dealer/Sales guy details? I am struggling with slow/lack of response from a few of the dealers I am in touch with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Wishing you the best. Do keep us posted about the final choice and looking forward for your driving experience with the Endy.
Thank you and will share updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
7. Cauvery Ford is owned by a close friend. Let me know if you need any help there.

Hope this helped.
Thank you, this is extremely helpful. Please help me with the Cauvery Ford connect. I had a test drive scheduled with them for today morning and the sales rep. failed to show up without any communication what so ever.
Due to my newbie status, I am unable to PM you. Sharing my email id prashant dot gavakshi at gmail dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
And so I finally chose and booked the 3.2L trend which was also value for money for me. The difference between the 3.2 L trend and 2.2L 4x4 trend was only 2.5 lac on road.

I don't know the situation in other cities but here in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Panvel we are getting the following :-
1. 1 Lac discount on ex showroom price
2. 1 Lac discount as exchange bonus.
3. 4.99% interest rate only on Trend models from Ford finance. But if you take this you don't get the 1 lac discount (No.1)
4. Any other showroom related discounts to be negotiated on the spot.
With the 2.5 lac difference, I am more tempted towards the 3.2 but the sad part is that none of the dealers are acknowledging the above offers. Some are not offering the 4.99% IR whereas others are not offering the exchange bonus. Without the combination of the above offers, the gap hurts!
Old 20th December 2016, 19:58   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
With the 2.5 lac difference, I am more tempted towards the 3.2 but the sad part is that none of the dealers are acknowledging the above offers. Some are not offering the 4.99% IR whereas others are not offering the exchange bonus. Without the combination of the above offers, the gap hurts!

I guess in Bangalore there are no such discounts and the discounts they are referring to are dealer based.
Above all you must at least get 2 lac discount this way or that way.
And the 3.2 trend is a good choice.

Last edited by bblost : 21st December 2016 at 13:35. Reason: fixed quote
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 20:00   #1466
BHPian

When i enquired about the exchange bonus, i was informed that it is available on select models only and my car ie vw vento is not eligible for it and only jetta from vw stable is eligible
nawabnabeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 21:34   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
When i enquired about the exchange bonus, i was informed that it is available on select models only and my car ie vw vento is not eligible for it and only jetta from vw stable is eligible
I got the same reply from Cauvery Ford that exchange is for only selected models - VW Jetta ,Fortuner etc
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 16:27   #1468
BHPian

Any recommendations for a good body cover ( other than from authorised Ford accessories )? The cost seem to be high. Also, has anyone fitted aftermarket scuff plate and ambient light outside of Ford authorised dealership?
Old 21st December 2016, 16:47   #1469
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Any recommendations for a good body cover ( other than from authorised Ford accessories )? The cost seem to be high. Also, has anyone fitted aftermarket scuff plate and ambient light outside of Ford authorised dealership?
Here's what I've always used and have been happy with. Good quality, made from tyvek and reasonably priced.

http://www.polcoindia.com/covers/car...v=c86ee0d9d7ed

While it is possible to fit aftermarket accessories, the Endy is a pretty complex vehicle electrically and unless you are sure of the installer's knowledge, I would recommend staying away. It may also pose issues with any warranty claims that may arise.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 20:08   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, are you allowed to have some tints on windows? Can you have black windows later on, like the picture on left?
As far as I know tints are still not allowed by the cops in Chennai, so black windows is not an option. Plus, the grey got turned down by everyone at home.

Looks like the dealer did play dirty. I raised up the issue to ford through someone I know and I wasn't shocked when I heard that dealer had 'gifted' (pun intended) the last black 2.2 AT in the whole of Tamilnadu to someone else, after having committed the car to me. While I could wait for the 2017 model in black, it will be dearer by a few lakhs, (not to forget the discounts will be minimal) and my affordability will get affected. They managed to find a Silver 2.2 Trend but it is an MT and the dealer is ready to compensate with an additional discount (to be read as small discount). So it's either going to be a Grey/Red/Bronze AT or a Silver MT. They don't have a black even on the Titanium cut.

The mind says go for the AT (how does the colour really matter after you get inside the car!). But the heart says Silver MT (how can you ever buy a 30 lakh car in a colour that you won't like to see every morning!) Chances are, I'll end up listening to the heart and disappointing the leg!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks