Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 18:50   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Finally a decent comparison between Endeavor and the new Fortuner by Zigwheels.
Yes just saw the review but the egress and ingress for 3rd row was shown incorrectly for the Endeavour.
I pull the levers behind the 2nd row and pull the seat forward, makes accesa a lot easier

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2016 at 09:19. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 19th December 2016, 20:01   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Felow members and seniors.
Please advise if I can replace th stock Mrf wanderer with Yokohama geolander (same specs)
Have read on the forum that the geolander is susceptible to side wall cracks. Please advice.
Old 20th December 2016, 00:00   #1443
BHPian

Hi team-bhpians,

I am looking to upgrade from my current ride, a Honda Jazz (2012) and have almost finalized on Endeavour as the, hopefully suitable, upgrade. After some research, a look at the price list and a short test drive of the 3.2 AT, I have reached the final few stages of confusion and looking for your expert opinions!

Which variant? 2.2 4x2 AT or 2.2 4x4 MT or 3.2 4X4 AT?
My budget won't allow me to go for the Titanium variants and hence the Trend range is what I am able to consider. Though I am bummed about missing on convenience features such as auto-headlamps, heated rear view mirrors and most importantly the sun-roof, I am still in love with what the Trend line offers. But I am mighty confused between the variants within the Trend line.

My driving requirements are 90% in Bangalore city and 10% miscellaneous consisting of highway drives to Belgaum, trips to Coorg homestays, Ooty, Chikmagalur and hence possibly some rare tricky roads. Also, I have zero prior experience with either moderate/serious off-roading or with 4x4 vehicles.

1. 4x4 vs 4x2: With my usage pattern, do I need a 4x4? I have struggled with a few steep parking ramps in malls with the Jazz and it would be very embarrassing to be stuck with a behemoth like the Endeavour in such urban situations.
  2. Will the 4x2 suffice for mild off-roading situations? Or does a heavy vehicle like the Endeavour make it more challenging to get into the mild off-roading situations without a 4x4?
  3. Mileage: How much would be the mileage difference between 2.2 4x2 AT and 2.2 4x4 MT?
  4. AT vs MT: I would love the convenience of an AT, especially with the wife being a new driver (though she might drive this vehicle rarely). But at the same time, I will be able to get a 2.2 4x4 MT version at the price of a 2.2 4x2 AT. Is the additional 4x4 functionality really helpful to forgo the convenience of AT for the 90% of the city usage? At the upper end of my budget, I can opt for the 3.2 4x4 AT but again struggling with the same confusion – is the additional cost worth the additional capabilities of a 4x4?
  5. 2.2 vs 3.2: with my driving style somewhere in the gray area of disciplined aggression, will the 2.2 be underwhelming in the city and on the highways? With daily commute of about 10-12 kms, lower mileage of 3.2 might not pinch so much but will the larger engine result in higher maintenance costs and is it noticeably better than the 2.2?
Which color?
To drive the best deal, I might have to settle for an in-stock car and from the available color options my preference would be Bronze followed by Black.
  1. Will the black age well? My journey with the Red Jazz tells me that some bit of shine would fade away. Current owners of Bronze/Black could please share your experiences.

Discounts?
I ended up interacting with three Ford dealers due to increasing apathy towards a potential customer enquiry. They are Elite Ford, Lathangi Ford and Cauvery Ford. Along with differing levels of responsiveness, I am also getting different answers on currently available discounts.
  • Two of the three said the 5% interest scheme is not available on Endeavour
  • One of the three said the exchange offer of 1 lac is not available on Endeavour
  1. Has anyone recently closed a booking with a Bangalore dealer? Have you been able to avail the interest rate and the exchange offers? Any learnings here would help me move quickly through the buying process.
  2. Have the delivery timelines been vastly different across these variants?

Please help with your insights and any additional inputs you might have.

Thanks,
Old 20th December 2016, 08:35   #1444
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the exact price difference on road between 2.2 and 3.2 AT variants? I would not consider an MT with such a large diesel vehicle. The clutch tends to harden with time on diesels and it can be very painful to drive if so. Someone I know had to sell off the Duster after 3 years because the clutch got impossible to drive pleasantly.

I think the price difference on road between the two ATs should be no more than 2-3 lakhs. On top you get a 4X4, a real SUV which you can take anywhere. If your commute is not long it is not going to make a big difference in fuel costs. I would stretch and go for the 3.2.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 09:12   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
Welcome to the "confused club" - I was in the same boat as you. I picked 2.2 AT primarily for two reasons - 80% city usage and to avoid hassles of MT in a mammoth car like this. Not that it is a huge effort, but 4x4 MT did not suit my situation

Quote:
Discounts? I ended up interacting with three Ford dealers due to increasing apathy towards a potential customer enquiry. They are Elite Ford, Lathangi Ford and Cauvery Ford. Along with differing levels of responsiveness, I am also getting different answers on currently available discounts.
I did close booking of 2.2 AT. Mine was company lease and was also not interested to exchange my first gen Fiesta, so I did not ask about the interest rate or exchange offer. I heard from the dealer that the vehicle is in the yard and they are arranging for me to do an inspection before they take it through RTO formalities. Expecting delivery by this weekend

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2016 at 09:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
tortoise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 09:13   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
What is the exact price difference on road between 2.2 and 3.2 AT variants? I would not consider an MT with such a large diesel vehicle.
Thanks, the price difference between a 2.2 and 3.2 is about 2.7 lacs, on road.

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2016 at 09:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 20th December 2016, 09:35   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Hi team-bhpians,

I am looking to upgrade from my current ride, a Honda Jazz (2012) and have almost finalized on Endeavour as the, hopefully suitable, upgrade. After some research, a look at the price list and a short test drive of the 3.2 AT, I have reached the final few stages of confusion and looking for your expert opinions!

My driving requirements are 90% in Bangalore city and 10% miscellaneous consisting of highway drives to Belgaum, trips to Coorg homestays, Ooty, Chikmagalur and hence possibly some rare tricky roads. Also, I have zero prior experience with either moderate/serious off-roading or with 4x4 vehicles.

I can opt for the 3.2 4x4 AT but again struggling with the same confusion – is the additional cost worth the additional capabilities of a 4x4?[*]2.2 vs 3.2: with my driving style somewhere in the gray area of disciplined aggression, will the 2.2 be underwhelming in the city and on the highways? With daily commute of about 10-12 kms, lower mileage of 3.2 might not pinch so much but will the larger engine result in higher maintenance costs and is it noticeably better than the 2.2?[/list]Which color?
To drive the best deal, I might have to settle for an in-stock car and from the available color options my preference would be Bronze followed by Black.
  1. Will the black age well? My journey with the Red Jazz tells me that some bit of shine would fade away. Current owners of Bronze/Black could please share your experiences.

Please help with your insights and any additional inputs you might have.

Thanks,
If 90% is city traffic, the 2.2 makes sense. The 3.2 needs more open space and you do not need a larger engine for the city commute, especially bumper to bumper traffic.

If the 10% is the not so tough off road conditions then its okay to have a 4x2. The car got enough power to climb hills. However, I'd suggest you validate this during your test drive. There are enough places near Bangalore to check the capabilities.

Maintenance wise i do not see any difference between 2.2 and the 3.2 variants.

Dark colors are slightly difficult to maintain. That said it also depends on how much care you give to the car. All colors look good on the Endy so pick the one you like the most between the two (Brown or Black)

Wishing you the best. Do keep us posted about the final choice and looking forward for your driving experience with the Endy.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 10:13   #1448
BHPian

Took the test drive of the endy 2.2 at yesterday. Asked for a manual but they didn't have one for test drive.

The car is amazing, looks great, drives great, commanding view of the road, spacious interiors, smooth shifting at, no turbo lag and decently loaded.

What i didn't like is the access to the third row and the non reclining third row.

My usage is 80% highway and rough country roads and 20% city. Any feedback from manual 2.2 owners will be great.

The cost of service mention on ford India's website is pretty cheap but what about the spare parts? Are the reasonably priced.

I currently own a vw vento tdi. Happy with the product but the vw service, its costs and the cost of spares is a let down.

One more thing i would like to tell you guys regarding the increase in price after 1st jan. The sales guy showed me an email stating that "there is a prospective price increase on endeavour upto 2lacs after 1st jan"

This is nothing but a marketing strategy.

Last edited by nawabnabeel : 20th December 2016 at 10:21.
Old 20th December 2016, 11:50   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Took the test drive of the endy 2.2 at yesterday. Asked for a manual but they didn't have one for test drive.

The car is amazing, looks great, drives great, commanding view of the road, spacious interiors, smooth shifting at, no turbo lag and decently loaded.

What i didn't like is the access to the third row and the non reclining third row.

My usage is 80% highway and rough country roads and 20% city. Any feedback from manual 2.2 owners will be great.

The cost of service mention on ford India's website is pretty cheap but what about the spare parts? Are the reasonably priced.

I currently own a vw vento tdi. Happy with the product but the vw service, its costs and the cost of spares is a let down.

One more thing i would like to tell you guys regarding the increase in price after 1st jan. The sales guy showed me an email stating that "there is a prospective price increase on endeavour upto 2lacs after 1st jan"

This is nothing but a marketing strategy.
I upgraded from Vento TDi to Endeavour 2.2 and be rest assured your service bills will be cheaper than Vento. My 10K service bill came less than 5K! The regular parts like brake pads,filters aren't that expensive,however there are parts like Headlamps,ORVM and other parts which are not part of regular maintenance should be costlier than Vento. Overall for what it costs, Endeavour should be a lot more cheaper to maintain than the similarly priced vehicles.
Old 20th December 2016, 11:55   #1450
BANNED

Quote:

Which color?
Discounts?
Good, clear questions I must say. So, let's start.

1. If you can afford it, the 3.2 4WD AT Titanium will give you everything a Range Rover Sport does, except the cameras all around and air suspension, which is anyway a pain in the wrong place.

At this segment, VFM doesn't really cut the deal, it is about what would you love to have as features and whether you can afford that variant of the car.

2. A heavy, rear wheel drive vehicle will be a poor performer on mild offroad tracks due to the sheer lack of traction on the wheels that have the most weight on them and consequently the most grip. An Alto will perform better than a 2WD Scorpio off road if ground clearance were to be ignored.

See this link for example. Even with 4WD, the vehicle got stuck. So, imagine a 2WD in the same situation.

So with the Endy, it is better to go for a 4WD version if you intend to take it on trails to access a homestay where the owner says it is Jeep territory. If you dont, then a 2WD is sufficient.

3. The FE difference is around 2 kmpl between the variants.

4. After spending so much money, an MT doesn't make sense to me at all. City or highway, go for the AT.

5. The 2.2 is in no way a weak engine but it lacks top end on the highways compared to the 3.2. However, at speeds of upto 140kmph, it is fine. Maintenance costs will not differ significantly and can be ignored.

6. Black indeed ages well if maintained and looks very good on the Endy. The bronze will hide dirt better but will age faster and any touch ups will be visible unless done very well.

7. Cauvery Ford is owned by a close friend. Let me know if you need any help there.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by SDP : 21st December 2016 at 09:19. Reason: Trimming the quoted portion. Please do not quote entire large posts
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:05   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I upgraded from Vento TDi to Endeavour 2.2 and be rest assured your service bills will be cheaper than Vento. My 10K service bill came less than 5K! The regular parts like brake pads,filters aren't that expensive,however there are parts like Headlamps,ORVM and other parts which are not part of regular maintenance should be costlier than Vento. Overall for what it costs, Endeavour should be a lot more cheaper to maintain than the similarly priced vehicles.
Thank you so much for the information.

Are there any roof rack options available for the endeavour?
Old 20th December 2016, 12:08   #1452
BHPian

Zigwheels has posted a comparison between Fortuner and Endeavour.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 13:12   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi team-bhpians,

Which color?

Discounts?
Hi
Welcome to the club. I too was in the dilemma and my choice was among the 3 variants that you mentioned. Even though the top model 3.2 titanium has EVERYTHING it was out of my budget so it was down to the 3 variants that you mentioned.
Firstly as mentioned earlier No 4x4 = No SUV (this is just a personal thing, no debates)
So my pre requisite was 4x4. Secondly after driving the AT, I fell in love with it. And so I finally chose and booked the 3.2L trend which was also value for money for me. The difference between the 3.2 L trend and 2.2L 4x4 trend was only 2.5 lac on road.

I don't know the situation in other cities but here in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Panvel we are getting the following :-
1. 1 Lac discount on ex showroom price
2. 1 Lac discount as exchange bonus.
3. 4.99% interest rate only on Trend models from Ford finance. But if you take this you don't get the 1 lac discount (No.1)
4. Any other showroom related discounts to be negotiated on the spot.
All above applicable only till end December. From 1st January the situation may fully change.

All dealers are saying that Ford may increase the price from 1st January but that looks unlikely as they would have announced it like Toyota and other cat makers to attract more customers in December.

Anyway weigh the pros and cons and sometimes decisions may have to be taken by the heart

Last edited by SDP : 21st December 2016 at 09:18. Reason: fixing broken quote. Also please do not quote large posts.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 13:27   #1454
BHPian

Folks,

After months & months of mental warfare, confusion, and some good advice by endy lovers in this thread, I finally booked a Panther Black 2.2 AT Trend model a couple of weeks back. Given the delays due to the political & cyclone drama in Chennai, my vehicle was due for delivery this week. I was offered PDI yesterday but minutes before I was about to leave, I was informed that the black car has technical problem and will be sent back to the plant. Apparently that was the only black left and I am left with are golden bronze, sunset red & smoke grey to choose from. Switching to a Titanium would be an additional 4-5 lakhs. Given that even the 2.2 is a stretch, I am not too keen to shell out that delta.

Out of the 3 available colours now, I guess I could live with a grey car but there seems to be a significant difference between how the car appears on the site & how it looks in real life pictures, I sort of gives a very life-less dull look (no offense meant to Endy smoke grey owners). Red's too flashy for my liking and never been a fan of browns (bronze is pretty close to a brown to my eyes). The last 5 cars I've bought have always been black. No logical, practical or rational reasons just that my mind is always set on blacks when it comes to cars. The dealer's stand is if I stick to a black, I'll have to wait till Feb 2017 for delivery as the factory is shut for year end. Now that exposes me to possible price hikes and a significant opportunity loss in terms of year end discounts.

I am not sure if this dealer is playing/ has played a trick on me. Was it a bait to get me to do all the paper work and offer good discounts only to push another colours in the last minute? Or did they really have a problem? I would never know and I don't have the way and means to investigate. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Given the delivery schedule, I already sold my primary car and I'm stuck to sharing my wife's car. I know colour is totally a matter of personal choice but if you were in my shoes, what would you do?
Old 20th December 2016, 13:43   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Folks,

but if you were in my shoes, what would you do?
Tough situation.
1. Have you checked with Ford customer service to validate the issue around the black car ? Can they step in to hold the offer until the replacement black car is available ? They can even check if another dealer has a black one and direct it to your dealer
2. Any luck with other dealers ?
3. What is the nature of discounts received ? Is it as good as what some have got earlier in this thread or not as good in which case maybe worth waiting

Do note that buying the car in Dec also means your car is a MY 2016 and lets say you sell it even 4-5 yrs down the line, a potential buyer would calculate depreciation based on the car being a 2016 one ( no benefit for it being a dec piece ).
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks