Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 09:59   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Thanks for the info.
I too loved the automatic. But the problem is 4x4 which is pre requisite. And in 4x4 auto they are available only in the 3.2 engine which is full time 4wd (unnessary) and thus low average. Even though the 3.2 is more powerful and energetic I would love the 2.2. So confused. During the long ownership will it be easier to maintain the auto or manual ? Besides this vehicle has so many features and electronics, am also worried about the service because when a new car is launched the service center is not very well equipped/experienced to solve even the smallest of problems.
Tried searching online for problems with this vehicle but there is not much info.
Old 9th December 2016, 11:42   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Thanks for the info.
I too loved the automatic. But the problem is 4x4 which is pre requisite. And in 4x4 auto they are available only in the 3.2 engine which is full time 4wd (unnessary) and thus low average. Even though the 3.2 is more powerful and energetic I would love the 2.2. So confused. During the long ownership will it be easier to maintain the auto or manual ? Besides this vehicle has so many features and electronics, am also worried about the service because when a new car is launched the service center is not very well equipped/experienced to solve even the smallest of problems.
Tried searching online for problems with this vehicle but there is not much info.
Go for the 3.2 Auto. Trend or Titanium is totally your choice. Trend has the Terrain Management System and the Rear Lock Differential too. Panaromic Sunroof, Electrically foldable 3rd row seats, Park Assist and 5 extra airbags are what you get extra in the Titanium

Mileage though important, should not earn precedence when you are in this segment for a SUV as big as the Endeavour. I know there are many who vouch for the manual but since I use my ride for daily commute, I prefer the Automatic. Put the Gearbox in S Mode on the Highways and it does not feel laggy.

The Endeavour has been largely reliable. Almost all Service Centres have a L3 Technician and have been trained to address all contingencies. Ford too is proactive about issues, should they arise.

My interactions with my service centre in Mumbai have been very good.

The Choice between a 2.2 and 3.2 comes down to usage as well. Urban or highway. Since 4X4 is a prerequisite and if you don't want to go all out, 3.2 Trend is a good buy
kimianks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 17:36   #1338
BHPian

Not sure how reliable, was talking to some service folks in one of the service centers in Bangalore about potential upgrade from sync2 to sync3, what I am hearing is that they tried this with one vehicle already (brave person) and everything locked down, h/w and s/w module incompatibilities. they had to download sync2 module/software and had to re-install.
though the question is how did they get a spare sync3 h/w module?
Did anyone try this from team-bhp?
Old 9th December 2016, 17:37   #1339
Team-BHP Support

Ford has increased Prices of Titanium by Rs 70,000 from 1st December.

No Change in Trend though, so my information in past was correct As per SA, there will be an increase on all variants from 1st January. I believe this will be largely dependent on how much Toyota changes prices for Fortuner / Innova.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th December 2016 at 17:46.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 17:51   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

No Change in Trend though, so my information in past was correct As per SA, there will be an increase on all variants from 1st January. I believe this will be largely dependent on how much Toyota changes prices for Fortuner / Innova.
You folks there are so lucky. Bangalore price is almost 39.4 OTR for 3.2 Titanium. Almost 5 L more.
Old 9th December 2016, 18:44   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
mine has done about 25,000 Km and no such wear. Double check with service advisor if he has called about your car or someone else, I remember a similar goof-up recently when I sent my Innova which has done only 20,000 Km. If it's indeed about your car, ask him to share photographs of both discs and rotors under copy to FORD India ID.

Keep us updated, I am sure you will find some solution.
I got my endeavor back after second service yesterday. The cost for all 4 wheel brake pads was Rs 12k they gave me Rs 4k off as goodwill as the vehicle had already run almost 10k kms. They are saying that this is normal and other endeavors are also having their brake pads replaced at 8k to 10k kms. 1 shock absorber was leaking and they have placed order for that which will be covered under warranty.
They did not return the old brake pads as they gave me Rs 4k off so they have to send it back to the company. I did not have time to go to the service center to check and click photos.
You say your endeavor has run 25k without replacing the brake pads?
Anyone else here has finished 2nd service and had to replace brake pads?
Old 9th December 2016, 19:50   #1342
BHPian

Quote:

Yes you were correct. No change in price for Trend models. Apart from that there is an offer for trend models now - 1.08L discount / 5.99% interest rate, Confirmed by one of the SA in Bangalore.
Old 9th December 2016, 20:46   #1343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They are saying that this is normal and other endeavors are also having their brake pads replaced at 8k to 10k kms
I don't think this is normal, I just checked with my colleague who now owns the one I bought. It has done 25 K and brake pads are good. Not changed in 10 k or 20 K. Let's wait for other owners to reply here. Meanwhile, you should drop a mail to FORD and ask clarification.
Quote:
Apart from that, there is an offer for trend models now - 1.08L discount / 5.99% interest rate, Confirmed by one of the SA in Bangalore.
Yes, that since past fortnight, I have posted this before. In some parts, Dealers were giving 5,99 % but looks they have now started giving an option of discount or low EMI everwhere.
Old 9th December 2016, 23:21   #1344
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The New Fortuner's price is going up by 3% (90K for 4x4 AT) from 1st Jan 2017. Ford could have increased more than 70K.
Old 10th December 2016, 09:48   #1345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The New Fortuner's price is going up by 3%
Let's wait till actual implementation, ground realities are little different now. As per FORD SA they will increase prices further in Jan. on all variants, I am sure they will do exactly what Toyota does. As of now the gap on Titanium vs Trend is about 6 Lac which makes Trend a great VFM variant.
Quote:
Ford could have increased more than 70K.
It's about perception, most guys are still happy picking a Fortuner over Endeavour despite it being relatively under specced. I have seen this happening in many things in everyday life and even some of the Industrial products we deal. It takes a while before people start realising the worth of alternate options. As of now FORD is doing right by undercutting Toyota prices due to their positioning in Indian market. Don't know about your place but if FORD dealers are to be believed here, they are reporting good bookings for the endeavour. I think even Toyota Fanboy's will agree that Endeavour is overall a better product but they choose something else because of reliability, peace of mind, the cost of ownership and resales.

On another note, more new Fortuners are on the Road now mostly in white as previously but Black are the ones which look macho & different to me

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th December 2016 at 09:49.
Old 13th December 2016, 00:09   #1346
BHPian

Autoportal India says Ford Endeavour is the Best SUV of the year.

Video available at
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:12   #1347
BHPian

Folks,

A query. Has anyone faced issues with USB Media - MP3 files?

I get vague messages that the file is corrupt for some titles. I tried both USB2 and USB3. At times, the Browse option returns with no files.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Old 13th December 2016, 17:38   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

A query. Has anyone faced issues with USB Media - MP3 files?

I get vague messages that the file is corrupt for some titles. I tried both USB2 and USB3. At times, the Browse option returns with no files.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Many MP3s and WAV/AMA (Lossless) files either don't play or skip. Not able to find a solution to this yet. The service centre refuses to acknowledge the problem sighting that my media is faulty as all their test music plays without issues.
Old 13th December 2016, 18:04   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Please check the file system on USB. if NTFS, format it with FAT32 and then try

"Confirm that the USB device has been
formatted correctly and has the following
specifications:
• USB 2.0.
• File format must be FAT16/32.
Note: NTFS file format is not supported.
The format of the audio files on the USB
device must be:
• MP3.
• Non DRM protected WMA.
• WAV.
• AAC

See Page 310

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...ralia_2015.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Everest_U375_TEC_Australia_2015.pdf (7.45 MB, 2858 views)
LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 21:04   #1350
BHPian

Hi all, I have booked Trend 2.2 AT. The VIN number indicates a build of Aug last week. I am also told that it is on transit. Is it normal for Ford to send car with build date so far behind? Or is the dealer trying to hand me an old stock that may have been used for test drive purposes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks