Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 09:03   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post

Moving to a vehicle which is twice the size, three times more powerful and five times more expensive
Congrats Harshavarthan. Twice the size, looks like its more than that . The truck look butch, more so because its next to a hatchback.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:27   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my new truck almost 4 months after booking (January 7th)
Congrats on your new beast. It is quite a looker.

Quote:
The ride quality is stiff. Not at all comfortable which is contrary to every review which says Endy has the best ride quality. Honestly I'm a little confused if something is wrong with my Endy. But the test drive vehicle was also similar to this, i mean the stiff ride. Will reduce the air pressure and check again but I believe it won't help much.
You must have got used to the comfy ride of the hyundai hatchback. A ladder on frame SUV will have stiffer ride than your earlier one. It is compared to other ladder on frame that Endy is much better.

Drive safe and enjoy your ride!
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:57   #588
BHPian

Quote:

Vehicle was alloted to another city and so had already driven 200+ kms on day one itself. I was able to squeeze out 12.6km/L and that's in a regular two lane east coast road with moderate traffic.
Congrats on your purchase. Have a lot of fun and drive safe!
So.... registration in Pondy?

4 months of waiting time? Are they selling such high numbers, or they don't have enough stock?
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:58   #589
BHPian

Quote:

- The ride quality is stiff. Not at all comfortable which is contrary to every review which says Endy has the best ride quality. Honestly I'm a little confused if something is wrong with my Endy. But the test drive vehicle was also similar to this, i mean the stiff ride. Will reduce the air pressure and check again but I believe it won't help much.
- The plus point of this stiff ride is better handling. I was confidently able to drive faster in corners better than my previous hatchbacks.
- The low beam projector is HID but the throw is just around 25 feet which is too short. I couldn't find any level adjustments(guess titanium has auto level feature). High beam is a regular halogen and its a joke. Definitely need to upgrade it. Will change to Osram night breakers unlimited ASAP.

Planning to install 3M CR70 in side and rear window glasses. Might do anti corrosion treatment too and no more modifications.
Congrats Harshavarthan. please double check the air pressure, when the air pressure is about 35 psi (recommended eco mode for highest fuel efficiency), ride quality is very stiff, reduce to 32 psi you will fell a lot better. sweet spot is between 30 and 32 psi. use a quality air pressure gauge and filler like the Michelin [petrol pump air gauges are normally inaccurate and do fill only when the tire is really cold [early morning after the car is parked over night]). This mad a difference to the ride quality for me from 2nd day onward . Here is the link for Michelin air compressor. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

btw. is window sun films legal now? (3m CR70)?

Also while night driving on country roads in Kerala this week, I fee the low beam has very limited throw, if we install after market bulbs and wiring, what happens to warranty?
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 10:58   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi, need an clarification.
1. The 12 V sockets in my 3.2 keeps functioning even after I switch off the engine and even after locking the vehicle. Is there any settings for it or we can't do anything about it?
2. After opening the vehicle with the remote, only the driver side door opens, I have to press the unlock button in the driver door to open the other doors, can anything be done for that? TIA.
1. All lights would go off in 60 seconds after central locking. I checked it in mine. But for the 12V sockets, the time is extended I suppose. Read somewhere in this same thread in which people installed Cam.

2. You should press twice the unlock button within 3-second interval. I found it a security feature. (If you leave valuables - say laptop- and drive alone no one can open the rear doors and steal anything).
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:02   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1503303

Moving to a vehicle which is twice the size, three times more powerful and five times more expensive

Vehicle was alloted to another city and so had already driven 200+ kms on day one itself. I was able to squeeze out 12.6km/L and that's in a regular two lane east coast road with moderate traffic.
Attachment 1503304
About my initial impressions,

- Silver looks great and rear looks best in this color. Doesn't look as feminine as in other shades.
- When you sit inside, even the innova which overtook me looked puny
- The ride quality is stiff. Not at all comfortable which is contrary to every review which says Endy has the best ride quality. Honestly I'm a little confused if something is wrong with my Endy. But the test drive vehicle was also similar to this, i mean the stiff ride. Will reduce the air pressure and check again but I believe it won't help much.
- The plus point of this stiff ride is better handling. I was confidently able to drive faster in corners better than my previous hatchbacks.
- The low beam projector is HID but the throw is just around 25 feet which is too short. I couldn't find any level adjustments(guess titanium has auto level feature). High beam is a regular halogen and its a joke. Definitely need to upgrade it. Will change to Osram night breakers unlimited ASAP.

Planning to install 3M CR70 in side and rear window glasses. Might do anti corrosion treatment too and no more modifications.
Congrats.

I do not think the ride is stiff (mine is 2.2L Titnm). If you are using N2, try 35 PSI and check. The entire family found the vehicle very much comfortable. This helped me for better FE too.

12.6km/L is very good, I am sure you do not press hard, should be a polite driver. :-)

Have safe driver. (After reading your thread, I am thinking of HID for High beam too)
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:52   #592
BHPian

The Headlights Range seems to be an issue from what I read. If I do choose to Switch to HID for High Beam, would the warranty be affected? Are there any stores around Mumbai that offer authentic stuff.

Sorry I have never done aftermarket modifications as I never had to with my Passat but with this it does seem I have to.
Old 4th May 2016, 13:00   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
You must have got used to the comfy ride of the hyundai hatchback. A ladder on frame SUV will have stiffer ride than your earlier one. It is compared to other ladder on frame that Endy is much better.
That's probably right. All my previous three hatchbacks were hyundai and koreans have spoiled me . Our Corolla's ride too is plush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
So.... registration in Pondy?

4 months of waiting time? Are they selling such high numbers, or they don't have enough stock?
East Coast road I mentioned was between Thoothukudi and Rameswaram and i'll have to get registered in Ramnad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
btw. is window sun films legal now? (3m CR70)?

Also while night driving on country roads in Kerala this week, I fee the low beam has very limited throw, if we install after market bulbs and wiring, what happens to warranty?
Sun films are still illegal but CR70 are front windscreen papers and are very transparent. It's hard to find out if there is even a sunfilm or it's just plain glass without a film
Old 4th May 2016, 16:13   #594
BHPian

Here is an update on my experience of waiting for the Endeavour.

I had booked in Feb with Lathangi Ford. At that time the commitment made was that the delivery would happen latest by 10th of April.

Subsequently I went in the last week of April to cancel the booking. At that time the CEO of Lathangi met me and committed that the car would be delivered to me on 9th April. Next day he called and asked for the entire payment to be made stating the car was being billed on 27th and hence I happily obliged. HDFC Bank released a chunk of the payment and I made the rest.

After that I never heard from them. A couple of calls and messages of follow-up went unanswered.

Finally I called today and got to speak to the CEO. He tells me that unfortunately the car has not been allocated and he is trying his best to "help" me.

I closed the call by asking him to revert by this evening if he can honor his commitment of 9th May and in the event he can not do so, I would like to cancel the booking and the amount has to be refunded.

Spoke to HDFC and they agreed to reverse the loan if needed. They also offered to make a formal request to Lathangi for refund of the amount.

With this kind of experience, not sure I am keen even if I get the car in time. The whole experience has left a sour feeling about Ford and its dealers.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 4th May 2016 at 16:37.
Old 5th May 2016, 00:42   #595
BHPian

Have been following up with ford customer care for the vehicle. After 4 months i come to know that ford has some problems billing the vehicle to planet ford and will bill my vehicle to another dealer and have it delivered.

I was told that my booking would have to be transfered to the new dealer by the existing dealer. Waiting for my dealer to do the same.

I offered to book a vehicle again at a different dealer and have this booking cancelled and refunded. Not possible will be treated as a new booking.

Not expected from ford.... the sales person has no clue about availability and billing of vehicles the only ans i get is we will get back to you as soon as your veh is billed to the dealer.

Hats off to toyota guys they offering a guranteed delivery before 20 may....

With this attitude and service no wonder the reputation of ford is bad ....
Old 5th May 2016, 03:12   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Just got a call out of the blue from my dealer saying that my booking of a red 3.2L Titanium has been allotted a car and that it can be delivered within 2-3 days.

Had booked it in February 1st week, and was expecting it to come only in June.
Congratulations, hope you are taking the delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Our experience regarding the booking and delivery of 3.2 Titanium variant (sunset red) was quite a thing
So finally our "Endy" is ready for delivery now and we will be taking is sometime next week.)
Congratulations Harsha
Fantastic colour choice
Eagerly waiting for your ownership review.
Hope it serves you as good as the Toyota
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 22:49   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations, hope you are taking the delivery
Yes I'm taking the delivery next week. Went to the stockyard today for the PDI and to check the car out before registration. There were a total of 6 cars in the stockyard including mine, and this dealer has already delivered 20 cars from their Bangalore and Mysore dealerships.

Another nice touch is that they send the cars to the showrooms from the stockyard for delivery on a flatbed trailer so there is no chance of any misuse/damage that occurs on the way.

Just for kicks, parked my XUV next to my Endeavour for a quick comparo. Some photos
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160505wa0001.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160505wa0002.jpg  

Rossiter is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 22:51   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Yes I'm taking the delivery next week. Went to the stockyard today for the PDI and to check the car out before registration. There were a total of 6 cars in the stockyard including mine, and this dealer has already delivered 20 cars from their Bangalore and Mysore dealerships.

Another nice touch is that they send the cars to the showrooms from the stockyard for delivery on a flatbed trailer so there is no chance of any misuse/damage that occurs on the way.

Just for kicks, parked my XUV next to my Endeavour for a quick comparo. Some photos
Mean machines. Did you write them a mail for a PDI on your Endeavour? I am still awaiting mine..counting down the days.

I am jealous
Old 6th May 2016, 08:24   #599
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing the apps in sync2? Ford owner app says mapmyindia and glimpse are available for download. I connected the sync to my home wifi but still couldn't download any of them.
Old 6th May 2016, 18:58   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried installing the apps in sync2? Ford owner app says mapmyindia and glimpse are available for download. I connected the sync to my home wifi but still couldn't download any of them.
apps have to be downloaded on the phone not on the system at least in my fiesta sync 1 i have to do it that way

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks