Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2016, 16:21   #616
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

April sale figures out. Finally, Endeavour dethrones Fortuner. I hope endeavour sales goes upward from here. I would like the monthly numbers to settle down at a respectable 1000 ish.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 17:15   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Question for all 3.2 and 2.2 autotranny owners here.
What is the fuel efficiency both on highway and in congested city traffic?
Did anyone try tankfull method to determine the same?

Thanks in advance
With speeds of about 110-120 on a 4 lane highway my Endeavour returned 11.8KM/L . In bumper to bumper city traffic MID was hovering at around 8.5. Just like the Ecosport, the MID is almost 90% accurate. I am pretty sure to extract 12.6(ARAI rating) or more on a 4 lane highway with a light foot. The car has completed 2500KM's and the first free service.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 18:30   #618
BHPian

Any reason why Ford says 1st service at 2500km instead of the regular 1000km ? That it needs more running in compared to other cars or something else ? Curious.
Old 9th May 2016, 18:35   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
April sale figures out. Finally, Endeavour dethrones Fortuner. I hope endeavour sales goes upward from here. I would like the monthly numbers to settle down at a respectable 1000 ish.
We have to accept that the brand New Endeavour dethrones a 7 year old fortuner which is at the end of life cycle

The genuine comparison will be only after the all new Fortuner is out by the end of the year.
I am hopeful that the Endeavour will do some decent numbers even after the Fortuner arrrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
With speeds of about 110-120 on a 4 lane highway my Endeavour returned 11.8KM/L . In bumper to bumper city traffic MID was hovering at around 8.5. Just like the Ecosport, the MID is almost 90% accurate. I am pretty sure to extract 12.6(ARAI rating) or more on a 4 lane highway with a light foot. The car has completed 2500KM's and the first free service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Mine is a 3.2. Less than 1000 kms. Tankful method gave me 9.55 with 20 % city 80% highway with light foot. Driving with less than 2000-2100 rpm to run in.
Thanks guys, I am relieved.

One of my neighbour has given me a shocking number of 5 kmpl
He was cursing Ford for making inefficient engines

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th May 2016 at 18:37.
Old 9th May 2016, 19:43   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Any reason why Ford says 1st service at 2500km instead of the regular 1000km ? That it needs more running in compared to other cars or something else ? Curious.
I think Ford engines are bench run and ready to use.

The key is to drive at variable rpm.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 20:18   #621
BHPian

Quote:
It's practically not a service but just a check up(or top up if required). First oil change, like others, is still carried out at 10k mark.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 19:42   #622
Senior - BHPian

Visited the Toyota dealership today to see the Innova,met a gent from his fifties who cancelled his Endeavour booking out of frustration and bought an Innova.
Don't know how many more will do this.

I think it is time for Ford to act wisely before the New Fortuner is out.
Old 10th May 2016, 20:32   #623
BHPian

From what i see, its only Titanium 3.2 that got the waiting/delivery issue and it still is a concern. But other variants are available at short notice. Are customers canceling because they are not get the 3.2 Titanium ? I am curious how many bookings made for the 3.2 titanium version so far.

From the feedback i got from dealer, majority of the booking is for 2.2 MT 4x4, and some 3.2 Trends than the 3.2 titanium. And they claim that the pipeline is healthy. Or isn't that true ?

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 10th May 2016 at 20:40.
Old 11th May 2016, 03:46   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what i see, its only Titanium 3.2 that got the waiting/delivery issue and it still is a concern. But other variants are available at short notice. Are customers canceling because they are not get the 3.2 Titanium ?
The 3.2 litre Titanium has unreasonable waiting period which has led to to many cancellations.

Dealer is trying to desperately push the trend varient.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 09:15   #625
BHPian

Now, we need to be realistic. Just read a few posts back that someone got 3.2 titanium in little over 2 months. That's not bad. I still remember fortuner used to have a wait period of 6-9 months in its heydays.
For a car which is very much sought after,and is value for money (3.2 titanium) , I feel that a wait period of even 3-4 months should be okay. I feel it's just the dealer's didn't set the expectations right at the start. Which they are doing now and rightly so.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 09:40   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I think Ford engines are bench run and ready to use.
Are you sure? Highly unlikely for a mass production engine to be run in, during production.

Did you get this news from any reliable source?
Old 11th May 2016, 13:12   #627
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I had booked 3.2 Titanium on 24th Jan at SC Ford Mumbai and was told I am the 4th person to book the car.

I am still waiting .

Any forum where you can sue them for harassment ? The ford customer care is also completely mum on the escalations. How can one check that guy booked after me has taken the car?

Any advise on the roof rails for the new ford endeavor?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th May 2016 at 13:22.
Shamsher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 15:58   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi Friends,

I had booked 3.2 Titanium on 24th Jan at SC Ford Mumbai and was told I am the 4th person to book the car.

I am still waiting .

Any forum where you can sue them for harassment ? The ford customer care is also completely mum on the escalations. How can one check that guy booked after me has taken the car?

Any advise on the roof rails for the new ford endeavor?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.
Drop a mail to ford india take a concern no u need to provide your mobile no given at the time of booking. I had a word with mr satish john from ford customer care. He was very helpful. My dealer planet ford had some problem with ford and was not getting vehicles may be the same case with you. My vehicle was billed to a sai sakshi ford in pune and is being delivered may be next week. One week of continuous phone calls to customer care and mails solved my problem.. note : each phone call will take atleast 10 to 12 min to get to the customer care executive..be prepared !!!!! Put it on speaker and keep pressing 1 on every promt to lve your name and no.
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:13   #629
BHPian

Finally I got chance to lay my hands on the new Endeavour, my friend took delivery of 3.2l Titanium and asked me to drive it to Delhi which I gladly obliged.

Currently i drive current generation Fortuner 4X4 Automatic, and have also driven the next generation Fortuner in Thailand briefly. Below is my driving experience of new Endeavour (300 km drive to Delhi), mostly highlighting the negatives I read on this forum about Endeavour.
  • I have seen people complain about headroom in the Titanium version of Endeavour due to the sunroof, I am 6'4" and found no such issue as such with headroom. Ironically I found ingress and egress much better once the seats were set to my preference as compared to Fortuner. I wish Endeavour had reach setting on Steering wheel, it would have made me even more comfortable.
  • Some people have faced issues with gearbox, the car revving too much. I faced no such issue, throughout I drove in the D mode and whenever required the car would downshift for quick overtaking. I did not feel any jerks during upshifts which I do feel in the Fortuner from time to time.
  • I have forgotten how light a steering wheel could feel while manoeuvring at low speed, blame it on Fortuner 4X4 automatic. Man Endeavour steering wheel is a beauty, light at low speed and well balanced at high speed
  • The brakes feel little spongy but bite is good. In my opinion the brakes overall feel and performance is better than Fortuner.
  • The best thing in Endeavour over Fortuner is its ride, it was planted, not bumpy and quiet comfortable I must say. There was quiet a bit of crosswind on drive back, and at speeds on 80 kmph + , I could feel its effect on the car. It was probably more prominent compared to Fortuner.
  • It would be not right for me to comment on the fuel consumption, it was a sedate drive (after a few early spirited acceleration) mostly doing 90-110 kmph with revs around 1900-2000 rpm, the trip meter was showing mileage of 11.5 kmpl. My current Fortuner gives me mileage of 8.5 - 9 kmpl in 90% city drive in NCR. I have a feeling Endeavour would be able to manage something similar.
  • There was no road noise, engine revs was hardly audible inside the cabin. I must say the engine seems to be much more refined and smooth from very first press of pedal.

Few niggling issues :-
  • Everytime I had trouble finding the ignition slot for putting in the key in dark, an illuminated ring could have been useful
  • For some reason the headlight low beam and high beam were focused or cutoff approximately 10 ft from the car. I tried adjusting it using screwdriver but with no success. Maybe I was doing something wrong, I don't know. The low been on adjustment would go even lower but not high. Will probably have to take it to workshop to get it checked. Its on the checklist of dealer pre-delivery, wonder what did they check.
  • I was told by the dealer, in few months times installing navigation in the car would be an hour job as they will have replacement sync system in stock. But in my opinion cost doesn't justify the upgrade.
  • Not really an issue, but found driving in bumper to bumper traffic easier in my Fortuner. Maybe getting used to throttle response will make it better.

My friend was asking me if its advisable to change the tyres to same size yokohama A/T? Will there be any noticeable change? Any opinions?

Now coming to most important part of the post, comparison to the new generation Fortuner. There is very little difference between the two. Ride and handling is still better of the Endeavour. Some features are missing in Endeavour and some are missing in Fortuner but none of them are critical IMO and we don't know what all feature would Toyota bring to India. Personally I am not a fan of fluidic design on SUV, I would pick Endeavour over new Fortuner any day just for the looks. Currently I am sold for Endeavour, but I will wait till launch of Fortuner in India, by that time if no major problem surfaces in Endeavour I would swap my Fortuner for Endeavour. Yes you read it right, I will swap my Fortuner with Endeavour after new Fortuner is launched.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1091.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1092.jpg  

diveshsingh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 01:35   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Finally I got chance to lay my hands on the new Endeavour, my friend took delivery of 3.2l Titanium and asked me to drive it to Delhi which I gladly obliged
My friend was asking me if its advisable to change the tyres to same size yokohama A/T? Will there be any noticeable change? Any opinions?

Now coming to most important part of the post, comparison to the new generation Fortuner. There is very little difference between the two. Ride and handling is still better of the Endeavour. Some features are missing in Endeavour and some are missing in Fortuner but none of them are critical IMO and we don't know what all feature would Toyota bring to India. Personally I am not a fan of fluidic design on SUV, I would pick Endeavour over new Fortuner any day just for the looks. Currently I am sold for Endeavour, but I will wait till launch of Fortuner in India, by that time if no major problem surfaces in Endeavour I would swap my Fortuner for Endeavour. Yes you read it right, I will swap my Fortuner with Endeavour after new Fortuner is launched.
Thanks a ton for this timely post, diveshsingh.This goes into my archives.

It was just four days ago that I wished that there should be a person who owned a 4×4 automatic Fortuner, drove the new Endeavour 3.2 auto for a long distance and also drove the all new Fortuner automatic.
What were the odds?
But there you are

Few more questions regarding comparison of all three

1)New Fortuner's gear box vs New Endeavour's gear box vs Current Fortuner's gear box?
(Quickness, responsiveness and smoothness of up and downshift)

2)Cabin insulation

3)Overall Best drivers car

4)Brakes

5) Offroad capabilities.

Thanks once again .

PS:When are you going to put up your ownership report of your Fortuner?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 12th May 2016 at 01:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks