Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 09:21   #631
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Drop a mail to ford india take a concern no u need to provide your mobile no given at the time of booking. I had a word with mr satish john from ford customer care. He was very helpful. My dealer planet ford had some problem with ford and was not getting vehicles may be the same case with you. My vehicle was billed to a sai sakshi ford in pune and is being delivered may be next week. One week of continuous phone calls to customer care and mails solved my problem.. note : each phone call will take atleast 10 to 12 min to get to the customer care executive..be prepared !!!!! Put it on speaker and keep pressing 1 on every promt to lve your name and no.

Thanks a ton. I am also speaking to S John. Will do this daily

Mod note: No punctuation and spacing issue. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th May 2016 at 09:45.
Old 12th May 2016, 15:21   #632
BHPian

Did all the owners picked up the essential kit from the showroom? I feel that's a bit of daylight robbery, why can't ford give them free? given that they have not provided GPS in any of the endeavour models was thinking of skipping them and getting the mats from outside. I am okay without the luggage tray (maybe pickup something from ebay or amazon later)

Anyone knows if seat covers, mats for the ford available outside ? And would it be suggested to do a floor lamination ? e.g link
Old 12th May 2016, 15:44   #633
BHPian

Endeavour overtakes Fortuner in monthly sales !! Whattay achievement by Ford India- rocking the lazy ass Toyota India from their high chair !
Old 12th May 2016, 16:42   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Few more questions regarding comparison of all three

1)New Fortuner's gear box vs New Endeavour's gear box vs Current Fortuner's gear box?
(Quickness, responsiveness and smoothness of up and downshift)

2)Cabin insulation

3)Overall Best drivers car

4)Brakes

5) Offroad capabilities.

Thanks once again .

PS:When are you going to put up your ownership report of your Fortuner?
I shouldn't be judging the new fortuner based on relatively small drive of 20-30 Kms, that too in the crowded roads of Bangkok. But I will try to answer your queries to the best of my knowledge from whatever little experience I had with the new Fortuner.
  • Gearbox :- I would rate the three in following order New Fortuner -> Endeavour -> Current Gen Fortuner. Endeavour gearshift is smooth, I dint notice any lag or jerk in downshift or up shift. But first two gear shifts could have been better. The car doesn't move as freely in first two gears as in the new Fortuner. Maybe it is because of my driving style as I tend to go easy on throttle till first 40-50 clicks, also the new Fortuner I drove was driven for good 1500km+. Overall new Fortuner seemed a better car in bumper to bumper traffic.
  • Endeavour is best of the three when it comes down to cutting the outside world and engine noise.
  • To me it has to be Endeavour of three which gives you close to sedan like feel while driving. I find the steering to be perfectly balanced at high speeds as well as low speeds. I have developed good muscles on my forearms trying to manouever current gen 4x4 Fortuner at low speeds.
  • New Fortuner had better feel to the brakes, like I said earlier Endeavour brakes a spongy but nevertheless they do the work they are supposed to do.
  • I have neither driven the Endeavour or new Fortuner off road to comment. But on paper and as per my Bangkok friend, Endeavour is better during off-road drives. Before buying the Endevour, me and my friend(Endeavour Owner) had gone to Bangkok to do comparison on the new Everest and Fortuner side by side. He was so impressed by the Everest that he immediately bought Endevaour back in India and decided not to wait for New Fortuner.

To all the prospective buyers who are not sure about the Endeavour, my advice would be Endeavour is overall better package compared to Fortuner if you overlook the after sales of Toyota. Toyota has better brand value, will depreciate less and would have moreover trouble free long years of service. But if you are one of those who changes car every three years and love to drive the car as a machine which will have wear and tear and breakdowns then don't look any further and buy the Endeavour.
Now you will be asking why ain't I myself buying Endeavour, that's because my Fortuner is hardly a year old. I am cursing myself why did I change my 2011 4X2 automatic Fortuner for 2015 4x4 automatic.

People who are sulking for the long waiting period, good news for you guys. I was told by the dealer that now they are being allotted 3-4 3.2 Titanium every fortnight by Ford. In bigger cities it should be even more.

The reason I dint do an initial ownership report was because of the fact that there were already too many on the forum and I dint have a great first day with my fortuner. The day I took delivery I had to go to workshop in the evening as the driver side door wouldn't close properly, I had to literally bang it every time to lock it. There was some problem in the locking mechanism and the lock assembly was changed the very first day. Yeah I know Toyota fans won't believe it but it did actually happen.

I will be doing another 600 Kms trip on Endeavour over this weekend will keep you guys posted .
diveshsingh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 20:45   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Did all the owners picked up the essential kit from the showroom? I feel that's a bit of daylight robbery, why can't ford give them free? given that they have not provided GPS in any of the endeavour models was thinking of skipping them and getting the mats from outside. I am okay without the luggage tray (maybe pickup something from ebay or amazon later)

Anyone knows if seat covers, mats for the ford available outside ? And would it be suggested to do a floor lamination ? e.g link
What all is in the essential kit? My friends Endeavour came with carpet mats and cargo liner. And I don't remember them charging anything extra in the invoice.
Mats are not available anywhere outside, specially in NCR as 2000cc + diesel car registration is banned. He has ordered 3D mats on aliexpress.
Old 12th May 2016, 21:15   #636
BHPian

Getting delivery next week of my 3.2 titanium Please advise on acessories
1. Getting 3m paint protection underbody coating done.
2. Pillows and neck rest
3. SA recommends scuff plates (i guess it comes with scuff plates )
4. Visors ( how helpful are they is it worth spending)
Any other i should go in for ???
architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 22:53   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
I will be doing another 600 Kms trip on Endeavour over this weekend will keep you guys posted .
Are you driving your friend's Endy?

What features do they have there in Thailand that are not offered over here?

Do they sell a black/dark gray (leather) interior there?
Old 12th May 2016, 23:18   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Are you driving your friend's Endy?

What features do they have there in Thailand that are not offered over here?

Do they sell a black/dark gray (leather) interior there?
No, but we will be traveling together with family this weekend.

Quiet a few actually, most stupid of all, front passenger seat is manually adjusted whereas Thai model get both front seats with power adjustment.

Some other noticeable miss are, lane changing alert , 20" wheels, 230v outlet, cross traffic alert to name a few.
diveshsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 23:22   #639
BHPian

Quote:
I shouldn't be judging the new fortuner based on relatively small drive of 20-30 Kms, that too in the crowded roads of Bangkok. But I will try to answer your queries to the best of my knowledge from whatever little experience I had with the new Fortuner.
  • Gearbox :- I would rate the three in following order New Fortuner -> Endeavour -> Current Gen Fortuner. Endeavour gearshift is smooth, I dint notice any lag or jerk in downshift or up shift. But first two gear shifts could have been better. The car doesn't move as freely in first two gears as in the new Fortuner. Maybe it is because of my driving style as I tend to go easy on throttle till first 40-50 clicks, also the new Fortuner I drove was driven for good 1500km+. Overall new Fortuner seemed a better car in bumper to bumper traffic.
I think that the old Fortuner (current Indian model) has a more linear gearshift change and is much more predictable than the new Endy - just my opinion...

Quote:
No, but we will be traveling together with family this weekend.

Quiet a few actually, most stupid of all, front passenger seat is manually adjusted whereas Thai model get both front seats with power adjustment.

Some other noticeable miss are, lane changing alert , 20" wheels, 230v outlet, cross traffic alert to name a few.
Maybe you can post some photographs when you get the chance!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 12th May 2016 at 23:48.
Old 12th May 2016, 23:31   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Gearbox :- I would rate the three in following order New Fortuner -> Endeavour -> Current Gen Fortuner. Endeavour gearshift is smooth, I dint notice any lag or jerk in downshift or up shift. But first two gear shifts could have been better. The car doesn't move as freely in first two gears as in the new Fortuner. Maybe it is because of my driving style as I tend to go easy on throttle till first 40-50 clicks, also the new Fortuner I drove was driven for good 1500km+. Overall new Fortuner seemed a better car in bumper to bumper traffic.
I totally agree with your observations. Its really noisy and refuses or lethargic to move in 1st n 2nd gear but becomes very effortless after about 30-40 km/hr. Also during overtaking, all it needs is just a little more throttle and pickup is instant. It's really not necessary to floor the accelerator.

I have done 1000 kms so far (10% four-lane highway, 20% urban and 70% in regular two-lane highway with moderate traffic) and I am yet to cross 2.2k- 2.3k RPM. Average mileage the MID displays is 10.9 km/L. I believe with moderate speeds, the truck will give around 11-11.5km/l on highway and around 8-10km/l within the city.

Initially the ride was very stiff and when I checked the pressure it was 33 on all four tyres. After reducing it to 30, the ride quality has improved but no way as plush as our Corolla or my old i20 . I think it's more European and so handles really well in higher speeds.

I have changed the high beam bulb with philips white vision 4300k but it's still yellowish and not improved much over the stock bulbs. Will change to Osram night breaker unlimited after my first service. The socket is HB3 and not H4.
Harshavarthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 07:07   #641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Getting delivery next week of my 3.2 titanium Please advise on accessories
1. Getting 3m paint protection underbody coating done.
2. Pillows and neck rest
3. SA recommends scuff plates (I guess it comes with scuff plates )
4. Visors ( how helpful are they is it worth spending)
I doubt vehicle of this size and type will need any underbody coatings. Given its intended use and the fact that chassis is coming from overseas and not stamped here from domestic steel. But I may be wrong and you should wait for feedback from others.

It does come with scuff plates , although not illuminated - but hardly of any use , Visors won't look neat and comes off in some time as these are fixed by tape but again it will be personal preference.

Quote:
other noticeable misses are, lane changing alert , 20" wheels, 230v outlet, cross traffic alert to name a few
Lane Changing -Really ? If I may ask you , very do you live and drive 230V would have been better but there are reported issues on forums in Australia where many have blown their inverters due to the usage of high load appliances like fridges. Better pick up 230V car inverter and plug. I agree on co-passenger manual seat - is this same in Titanium as well ?
Quote:
Its really noisy and refuses or lethargic to move in 1st n 2nd gear but becomes very effortless after about 30-40 km/hr. Also during overtaking, all it needs is just a little more throttle and pickup is instant
Don't worry, this will get better as you drive. I can definitely feel the difference after driving over 5000 Km , now whether this is due to my change in driving pattern of this beast or this has kind of run-in can be confirmed when more guys do higher mileage.

Quote:
Few more questions regarding comparison of all three

1)New Fortuner's gear box vs New Endeavour's gear box vs Current Fortuner's gear box?
(Quickness, responsiveness and smoothness of up and downshift)
very easy,someone who is in double mind because of this behaviour can go and test drive AT Innova , I think new Fortuner with same setup should behave almost similarly.

Quote:
Initially the ride was very stiff and when I checked the pressure it was 33 on all four tyres. After reducing it to 30
I will suggest everyone to change this to Yoko or something better,it surely does help. But the kind of hit one gets say on a speed bump is something that can go with better shocks , I understand ARB (Old Man) & Bilstein are onto it and we should have something before the end of the year. You can look at Everest forums in overseas markets for an update.
Quote:
I have changed the high beam bulb with Philips white vision 4300k but it's still yellowish and not improved much over the stock bulbs
Thanks for the feedback, I have planned to change this to Philips but will now stay away. but are you sure Osram will be different ?

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th May 2016 at 07:16.
Old 13th May 2016, 08:55   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I doubt vehicle of this size and type will need any underbody coatings. Given its intended use and the fact that chassis is coming from overseas and not stamped here from domestic steel. But I may be wrong and you should wait for feedback from others.

I will suggest everyone to change this to Yoko or something better,it surely does help. But the kind of hit one gets say on a speed bump is something that can go with better shocks , I understand ARB (Old Man) & Bilstein are onto it and we should have something before the end of the year. You can look at Everest forums in overseas markets for an update.

Thanks for the feedback, I have planned to change this to Philips but will now stay away. but are you sure Osram will be different ?
The 3M Car Car guy inspected and said most of the underbody was covered and really not necessary for underchase coating but he said anticorrosive treatment can be done for Silencer and that's done for my Endy along with CR70 sunfilms for side and rear windows.

About the high beam, I initially did buy a Osram Night Breaker Unlimited from snapdeal but on taking it to the garage I realised that the socket in Endy was HB3 whereas the Osram bulb I bought was H4. So I had to go with Philips WhiteVission which was readily available in the garage. I have now exchanged the Osram H4 to HB3 and will be installing it during my first service. As far as I have researched I believe Osram has better visibility but longevity is less compared to Philips.
Old 13th May 2016, 15:21   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Endeavour overtakes Fortuner in monthly sales !! Whattay achievement by Ford India- rocking the lazy ass Toyota India from their high chair !
Something i really wanted to happen, Not because i don't like the fortuner, But because it should be a wakeup call for Toyota to bring well kitted car's here in India too.
Old 13th May 2016, 15:29   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Something i really wanted to happen, Not because i don't like the fortuner, But because it should be a wakeup call for Toyota to bring well kitted car's here in India too.
I just saw a red Endy in my neck of the woods in South Mumbai - but it really doesn't have the same (massive) presence as the old Fortuner does - even though it might be bigger.

I agree that the features the Endy has are unbeatable and should be offered in the competition, but still the outer design is not as appealing to me.

I would prefer a Ford Explorer (US-spec) over the Endy.

Sadly, they have no RHD version!
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:33   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I just saw a red Endy in my neck of the woods in South Mumbai - but it really doesn't have the same (massive) presence as the old Fortuner does - even though it might be bigger.

I agree that the features the Endy has are unbeatable and should be offered in the competition, but still the outer design is not as appealing to me.

I would prefer a Ford Explorer (US-spec) over the Endy.

Sadly, they have no RHD version!
Yeah no doubt, Fortuner even today gives an imposing look, But I would prefer buying a car which is well kitted than a car which just "Looks" bigger, After all i am going to be inside the car and thats where a car should be the best for me.

Edit : I have just seen one Endy till now, Weird.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 13th May 2016 at 15:34. Reason: Adding content.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks