Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 03:27   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Red is a paint applied to match position in case of re-fitting but am also curious what sort of adjustment will this bolt have ? Something like auto torque washer ?

For other owners , First service is at 2500 Kms , I missed mine due to a little longer run across Gujarat. I am now at 3600 Km - need suggestions - should I go for an Oil Change , FORD service guys don't recommend but being of older thoughts want to go-ahead. will have to change oil Filter as per service guys in case I opt for Oil Change . Should I let these folks do a change or keep South African unit packed for another 10K ?
You can get the oil changed at 10000kms as suggested

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Guys, is grey interiors available in the Endeavor or only beige?
Only beige interiors as of now in India.
I hope they introduce the black/grey tone soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
Hi Guys,

Told him that I went for another vehicle.
Which one have you finalised on, the current Fortuner?
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 07:38   #482
Senior - BHPian

As per Auto Punditz Ford shipped just a mere 385 units of endeavour in the month of March. Ford needs to ramp up production really fast.
On a different note Fortuner saw a steep decline in sales, 480 copies shipped. Endeavour effect or all new Fortuner is ready?

Last edited by PrideRed : 11th April 2016 at 07:41.
Old 11th April 2016, 08:06   #483
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Ecosportrules,

As Turbunator rightly said, if it's not Endy, it has to be a vehicle 2x higher up. I opted for an X5, will post initial ownership thread shortly. Got a call from Elite Ford a week after its delivery ! Thankfully I don't have that sour grapes feeling .
niruvrs9669 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:18   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Guys, is grey interiors available in the Endeavor or only beige?
Only Beige at the moment. No Grey - Not sure if Ford has any plans in future too.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:51   #485
BHPian

Quote:
looks original to me
Can you post a picture of day and night with all lights on? That will be really helpful.
Old 12th April 2016, 20:37   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you post a picture of day and night with all lights on? That will be really helpful.
sorry, I won't have the old photos so posting new ones will not give you any idea, but you can / should go for this upgrade - can check on warranty issue with FORD but they are no SKODA so can take the risk
Old 12th April 2016, 20:44   #487
BHPian

Can any of the owners tell me if there are ISOFIX/LATCH points for a baby car seat? I couldn't tell from the pictures and the dealership wasn't sure. Usually there are little stickers/tags on the seat where the connection points are.
Old 12th April 2016, 20:59   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Can any of the owners tell me if there are ISOFIX/LATCH points for a baby car seat? I couldn't tell from the pictures and the dealership wasn't sure. Usually there are little stickers/tags on the seat where the connection points are.
I was reading about this issue in the Ford Australia forums - will try to find it and post the link here...

Edited to Add: Here is the thread (you probably have to register to gain access): http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ghlight=isofix

Quoting a post: "I thought the Everest did come with ISOFIX points. However, the manual says "if fitted", and they are not referred to in the brochure, and I can't find them in the car. I guess some of the early reviews and/or overseas comments may have talked about them."

Quoting another post: "sorry there not ISOFIX points there just baby seat anchor points."

However, reading further - found this: "I think you must have missed them, they are under a flap at the back the seats.

I have put car seats in four different locations and they definitely all have ISOfix points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Only Beige at the moment. No Grey - Not sure if Ford has any plans in future too.
I am still waiting for this - not taking beige if I have to pay full price for the car!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 12th April 2016 at 21:15.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 21:53   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
not taking beige if I have to pay full price for the car!
Don't expect discounts on this anytime in near future, rather I expect demand to pick as more people start seeing these on Road
If I am not mistaken you can get an aftermarket very good quality leather seats from many including Stanley so don't hold your decision just because of beige.
Quote:
any of the owners tell me if there are ISOFIX/LATCH points for a baby car seat?
will check tomorrow and update

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th April 2016 at 21:55.
Old 12th April 2016, 22:34   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Don't expect discounts on this anytime in near future, rather I expect demand to pick as more people start seeing these on Road
If I am not mistaken you can get an aftermarket very good quality leather seats from many including Stanley so don't hold your decision just because of beige.

will check tomorrow and update
The question is - are any dealers actually discounting the Endy???

The dealer offered a really good deal on changing the interior leather to black, but the problem of the plastic parts in beige still remain.

Have the Fortuner in any case (still not taken actual delivery yet, deciding on accessories - no time) and my Dicor is going full-force...

On that note, I was concerned I was getting 8-9 km/liter (city average) with the Dicor (3.0L), but now that I see the 3.2L Endy giving between 6-9 in the city - it is reassuring. (I also push the Dicor's engine to its' limits in most of my driving as well)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 12th April 2016 at 22:41.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 22:39   #491
BHPian

Quote:
you can / should go for this upgrade

I have the 2.2 Tit version. If I remember correctly, the fogs and highs are in yellow. Or maybe just the fogs. So I want to change those to white.

Since you have all whites, I wanted to see a picture of that.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow for RTO passing. I shall confirm on warranty since I will have to deal with him till its lifetime.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 23:24   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the fogs and highs are in yellow. Or maybe just the fogs. So I want to change those to white.
I have changed only the low beam which should be HID already in your case. So my high beams and fogs are yellow. Better you keep the setup as OEM for a while , low beam HID should be enough.

Quote:
are any dealers actually discounting the Endy?
I don't think you will get the discount , probably you can try to find any February manufactured car and then haggle for pre-budget prices though I doubt someone will agree.
Quote:
good deal on changing the interior leather to black, but the problem of the plastic parts in beige still remain.
If you must get some other colour find out someone who does this job exclusively , dealers will mess up things and I think you can get plastic parts covered with similar texture in same quality outside , have seen people getting dashboard of LC re-done in Delhi
Old 13th April 2016, 00:13   #493
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think you will get the discount , probably you can try to find any February manufactured car and then haggle for pre-budget prices though I doubt someone will agree.
That is really not a discount - it is the pre-budget pricing.

Of course, we can perceive it as such in the current scenario.

I already secured pre-budget pricing on a Varicor 400 4x2 Storme (on the day of the budget!) and on the 2015 Fortuner, so all good there.

Saved about 2.5L, I would imagine...

Quote:
If you must get some other colour find out someone who does this job exclusively , dealers will mess up things and I think you can get plastic parts covered with similar texture in same quality outside , have seen people getting dashboard of LC re-done in Delhi
My dealer was to give me a contact of an outside contractor, would not be doing the leather upholstery themselves.

Interesting about the part modifications.

My solution would be to source the parts from Australia or any other country possible and install them - but then we are doing the job of the manufacturer, and is not worth it in my opinion.

Better to wait until they figure out there is a requirement for this - as there is now no rush to buy the Endy.

Also, the transmission problems still remain - even a few Aussies are reporting some anomalies.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 13th April 2016 at 00:17.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 06:17   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
The question is - are any dealers actually discounting the Endy???
You can always negotiate a discount on insurance of about 30%, which is helpful after the price went up. Otherwise push hard for free accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I have put car seats in four different locations and they definitely all have ISOfix points.
Thanks SuperFlyBoy. That's a relief since I have a baby on the way. The race is on between getting the car and my kid being born. I don't know which one I'm more excited about. Kidding!
Old 14th April 2016, 01:49   #495
Senior - BHPian

Still 6-7 Months waiting for the top end 3.2 Version here in Mumbai, Test drives are freely available now though.

Holding myself back to book one since i have planned something huge soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks