Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:17   #526
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
wait for the cabin auto lights to go off and then press the button to switch off the lone still on light.
You must have switched on Map lights , these don't switch off automatically on endeavour , not aware what happens on other similar vehicles .
Old 23rd April 2016, 21:16   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Where FORD has erred is pricing, they could have priced Titanium far higher after all they are competing with LC Prado in many markets and not with Fortuner even where both products are available. This would have given profits to FORD and TREND versions would have still gone off the shelf , now everyone wants Titanium and they don't have enough kits to produce.
Pricing the ford upward of 40 lac OTR would not work in favour of ford. Our mindset is mostly like get a Q3 ox X1 for the badge. In the present scenario you need to pay additional 10 lac if you need the badge. Fortuner would not have any competition in the market. A trend will not be able to fight a battle against the new fortuner if they launch a fully loaded version at current pricing.

Its a wait and watch case if Innova crysta top end is priced at 18 lac ex showroom (as per some websites) expect Fortuner to undercut the price of ford.

Ford is already fighting a loosing battle with the delay in delivery. their aim should have been to get as many endys on road before the competition.

As per some earlier posts fortuner is still selling in good numbers as compared to the endy. I havent seen the ford advertising their product to be better than the fortuner. if they themselves dont know the strong point of their product how do they expect the common man to know.

Today was going through carwale.com recommend me a car, entered max budget 30Lac, drive 2000km per month and chose utility, weekend, etc. and whoh !!!! endy isnt ieven listed there... :Frustrat
Old 23rd April 2016, 21:21   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Ford is already fighting a loosing battle with the delay in delivery. their aim should have been to get as many endys on road before the competition.

As per some earlier posts fortuner is still selling in good numbers as compared to the endy.
It's like Ford is handing over the market to Toyota again, when they had a fantastic opportunity to create a buzz and capture it here.

But like Jeep, Ford has delayed too long...

(Both for different reasons, but will probably be effectively the same result)
Old 24th April 2016, 09:46   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Pricing the ford upward of 40 lac OTR would not work in favour of ford.

Its a wait and watch case if Innova crysta top end is priced at 18 lac ex showroom (as per some websites) expect Fortuner to undercut the price of ford.

1. Agree - at 40L plus bracket, Endy will not attract too many customers.
2. I was at the Toyota show-room yesterday. Top end Innova Zx 2.8 AT will be priced 22-23 ex-show room I am told. Approx. 26-27 On road in Bangalore.
Old 24th April 2016, 14:41   #530
Team-BHP Support

What I am suggesting is that difference in Trend & Titanium could have been higher , by how much we should see shortly from Toyota which in all probability price ZX Auto @ 22 Lac + Ex-Showroom & I can assure this model will be in great demand for a while. We can look at other manufacturers like Maruti & Hyundai on how they price higher versions wrt base. I am more than sure that if we consider about 45 % taxes - ( 30 % or so Excise + 15 % VAT + CST ) - the difference in price of Titanium vs Trend will be lower then costs of all the extra parts put together.

Pricing loaded versions higher will always beneficial for manufacturers at very little risks - I don't know what FORD marketing guys smoke , they could have easily got the numbers from Trend and the profits from Titanium especially with the low number of kits available for Titanium. I know many persons within my circle who would have happily paid 30-35 Lac Ex-Showroom for fully loaded Endeavour.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th April 2016 at 14:43.
Old 24th April 2016, 17:48   #531
BHPian

Quote:
I know many persons within my circle who would have happily paid 30-35 Lac Ex-Showroom for fully loaded Endeavour.
Maybe true - but probably not a generalization of the market here.

During the official reveal I attended, many people were *very* ambivalent, due to a impression of lack of space in the driver's seat.

I seriously did not see any that were really enthusiastic - and there were hardly any bookings during the unveil/event. (More afterwards, after the TDs though.)

Also, I would think that many people here doubt Ford's service and reliability (as compared to Toyota), so they cannot price their product too high.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 24th April 2016 at 17:50.
Old 24th April 2016, 21:28   #532
Senior - BHPian

Went for a test drive a couple of days back. Here is my perception versus my current car Storme. The Ford's front end, from the bonnet onward is imposing. The head on view will part roads, however it turns plain Jane as we go back and the rounded rear is too bland. Interiors are good, but not luxury brand. The biggest gripe I had was the low roof, high floor, low seating and high window line and dash combination. Made me feel hemmed in when compared to the super airy Storme.one needs to be careful when cutting lanes due to the van like length. The car is atleast a foot longer than the Storme.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 18:19   #533
BHPian

Friends, any service center experience ? Did anyone take their baby for any regular checkup/vaccination (oil topup/change) ? How was it ? Are spares available at Ford showrooms or yet to ?
Old 25th April 2016, 18:32   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Friends, any service center experience ? Did anyone take their baby for any regular checkup/vaccination (oil topup/change) ? How was it ? Are spares available at Ford showrooms or yet to ?
Hey, Just finished my 1st service at Chennai Ford. Apparently MPL Ford is shutting down and some other company is taking over. Therefore they had a ton of vehicles. But otherwise my appointment was convenient and quick. I think they don't change any liquids in the vehicle. Just check all seals, lubes and electrics are all working then wash and hand the car back.

But I do feel like the car runs a bit smoother, gears fall earlier and faster.

I wish they made a push button fly swatter as an accessory to swat away annoying motorcyclists. They're still buzzing about my front end far too close for my liking.
Old 25th April 2016, 19:46   #535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But I do feel like the car runs a bit smoother, gears fall earlier and faster.
Perhaps something to do with washing , I always feel my cars to be quieter after a nice wash.

Quote:
I wish they made a push button fly swatter as an accessory to swat away annoying motorcyclists.
You should try something like this

http://www.tjmproducts.com/files/med...%20EVEREST.png

I need some feedback on Radio clarity from fellow owners , mine does not catch FM clearly whenever I am little away from city centre say 15-20 Km from Chandigarh city centre or even within Gurgaon , on highways it does not catch anything, anyone else having issues or any pointers towards checking something ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20160425-7.40.27-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th April 2016 at 20:13.
Old 25th April 2016, 20:26   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
They have a nudge bar with sensors, would require rewiring (front sensor wires would be connected to the nudge bar sensor wires), not worth it.

Little OT: But i would like to know, why abs sensors will be fixed on nudge bar or on bumpers? Abs sensors are wheel speed sensors which on fitted on wheels right?
Old 25th April 2016, 20:33   #537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
They have a nudge bar with sensors, would require rewiring (front sensor wires would be connected to the nudge bar sensor wires), not worth it.
I think he meant air bag sensors, when he said ABS.
Old 25th April 2016, 20:53   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to see others trying to check out options for the car...

They are actually few and far between as of now, since the car is so new.
Old 25th April 2016, 22:25   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Fortuner would not have any competition in the market. A trend will not be able to fight a battle against the new fortuner if they launch a fully loaded version at current pricing.

I agree.

The Endeavour is a repetition of the EcoSport story.

The EcoSport was a very promising vehicle at launch, and people really were lining up to buy one. But Ford chose to keep the waiting periods unreasonably long. Some dealers even behaved as if it was privilege that a customer ever got an EcoSport delivered. Now look at it: the export market is all dried up, and Maruti has come out with the Brezza. Lowering the price seems to have helped Ford a little, but with the Brezza around, Ford have little chance to lead the market.

Similar story with the Endeavour too. People really want to buy a Titanium 3.2 variant, but Ford cannot deliver. The dealers also seem to have the same patronizing attitude towards potential enquiries. I tried my luck with the local dealers almost one month back, but not one single dealership even bothered to call back on possible delivery dates. One dealer at least had the courtesy to say "minimum 5 months". I did my maths, and if it takes that long, I saw no reason not to wait three or four more months for the new Fortuner to join the Crysta which should be arriving in the coming months.

Maruti (in India), Toyota and Ford all are mainstream volume players, and why at all Ford be so steadfast in maintaining its 'marginal' status in the Indian market, I cannot fathom.
Yeldo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:52   #540
BHPian

Have started spotting Endys on the road in Mumbai. Saw a Red on Saturday and a Black today morning. Definitely stand out in the crowd. Both were in Bandra and 3.2 L Titaniums.

Spoke to my Sales Rep from Bhavna Ford yesterday who informed me that everyone who booked in January have been allotted vehicles. 6-7 deliveries have been completed and 4-5 are remaining. He sounded confident about me getting my car allotment by May End. Hoping to see the backlog cleared quickly from May.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks