Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2016, 16:51   #1276
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Is anyone hearing loud whisling sound (wind noise) when driving above 90 or 100km/hr speed? I'm getting this from the day I bought the truck but since I have recently started driving above triple digit speeds, it has become much more noisy and irritating. I would like to know if it's only me who is having this issue or everyone does?
Ya i have noticed it. It appears and gets noticed only above 90-100KM/Hr speed.
I confirmed it was wind noise once after driving on a road with extreme high headwind and the noise increased with out increasing the speed.
Old 24th November 2016, 21:16   #1277
BHPian

Hi, Just got my Endy detailed yesterday. Today when I inserted the key itself everything started to go haywire, getting short circuited somewhere. The vehicle is not starting, just dead with random things going on and off.....is there anything i can check myself. I have no idea where water would have gone into to cause this. TIA.
Old 24th November 2016, 21:32   #1278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
is there anything i can check myself.
Try disconnecting the battery and then connect after about 5-7 minutes. If it works then fine else better leave the terminal disconnected and get it towed or inspected by the dealership at your place.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 22:31   #1279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi, Just got my Endy detailed yesterday. Today when I inserted the key itself everything started to go haywire, getting short circuited somewhere.
First thing disconnect the battery. Then patiently check the fuses. If one of the critical fuses are blown, it could get things haywire.

Generally there are two fuse boxes, one in the engine bay and the other inside the passenger compartment. Check both these. If there is nothing unusual, tow it to the ASC.

If possible get some air blown in the engine bay area. NOT high pressure air but mild enough just to disperse any moisture / water

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th November 2016 at 22:34.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 10:15   #1280
BHPian

Did that, still the same. Local electrician is saying that battery is gone, is it possible? waiting for him to bring the amp meter to confirm.
Old 25th November 2016, 10:33   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Did that, still the same. Local electrician is saying that battery is gone, is it possible? waiting for him to bring the amp meter to confirm.
That's good news and bad news. Good news is that the problem may be battery drain and the car will start and function normally once the battery is charged/replaced. The bad news is that whatever caused the battery to drain may not be easy to locate if that was a temporary situation caused by water and now that may have dried off.

Let's hope the latter is true and there is no further tinkering needed. But at the same time you may want to be cautious who sprays water in the engine area. Must stick to workshop guys only and never allow others to wash the engine bay.

Do let us know if the battery was really drained. If it is indeed drained, no need to change I think. A bench charge will get it back up.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 25th November 2016 at 10:35.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 10:42   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Just got my Endy detailed yesterday. Today when I inserted the key itself everything started to go haywire, getting short circuited somewhere. The vehicle is not starting, just dead with random things going on and off.....is there anything i can check myself. I have no idea where water would have gone into to cause this. TIA.
Did you fit any extra accessories . Especially electrical (It could be illuminated scuff plates can be also)
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 10:56   #1283
BANNED

Quote:
The vehicle is not starting, just dead with random things going on and off.....is there anything i can check myself.
Detailers generally do not use a lot of water. This looks like it is either a rodent attack or something as simple as a connector that has come loose somewhere.

Can you take and post a short video of what actually happens when you insert the key into the slot and turn it? That would make it easy to troubleshoot.
Old 25th November 2016, 15:38   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Did you fit any extra accessories . Especially electrical (It could be illuminated scuff plates can be also)
That's really weird for a car. So fragile to go crazy like this. Please keep updating on this issue. We hear many but small niggles related to Endeavour. Even though they are not of anything serious but Ford hasn't done much to improve their QC feels like. Other notable once are weird crackling sound from music system, headlight assembly issue which requires replacement and few smaller ones. Am I too worried as a potential buyer or it's just small things for a year old model. Would like to see what niggles Toyota Fortuner has got.
Old 25th November 2016, 17:11   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Ya i have noticed it. It appears and gets noticed only above 90-100KM/Hr speed.
I confirmed it was wind noise once after driving on a road with extreme high headwind and the noise increased with out increasing the speed.
Yes. I do have a similar problem. The noise starts just after I cross the 80 km/hr mark. I did complain about it when I left the car at HANS Ford in chennai for the first service. They said they got it rectified to some extent and blamed it on the mis - aligned rear hatch but nothing has changed. I did not notice anything wrong with the rear hatch in the first place. And now the service guys have messed up with the driver side door too as I have to bang the door hard to close it, now. Also when I complained about the moisture on the roof they said that all endeavours have this and it's normal. Not sure if I should trust them. And not sure what to do either.
Old 25th November 2016, 18:15   #1286
BHPian

Diagnosed the problem. Its a faulty battery. The service guys came to my home , 70 kms, with a new battery, checked with it and everything was fine. They have taken the vehicle to the SC for checking any leakage. I have a 20 inch light bar which I occasionally use for 10 secs only. I have a dash cam. I noticed the power outlets are on for sometime after locking the car, could this be the reason? cause I have the chargers in it all the time. OK, now they are saying it is because of the accessories and can"t be covered under warranty. Let the game begin ;-)

Last edited by ampere : 25th November 2016 at 18:44. Reason: Fixed dots
Old 25th November 2016, 18:40   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Diagnosed the problem. Its a faulty battery. The service guys came to my home , 70 kms, with a new battery, checked with it and everything was fine. They have taken the vehicle to the SC for checking any leakage. I have a 20 inch light bar which I occasionally use for 10 secs only. I have a dash cam. I noticed the power outlets are on for sometime after locking the car, could this be the reason? cause I have the chargers in it all the time. OK, now they are saying it is because of the accessories and can"t be covered under warranty.....Let the game begin ;-)

Dash cam- I have one in my Ford Fiesta plugged into the cigarette lighter power point. I don't think my car has battery drain protection. Sometime back, I had gone on a 3 day vacation leaving the car at home. When I came back the battery was fully drained. But I was able jump start and continue with same battery. Keeping it powered overnight does not seem to have any battery drain issues.

My suggestion would be to rewire the dash cam power supply from the power box/fuse box, to stop power supply once car is shut.

Also do you know if the detailing guy did not short your battery during washing?
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 18:55   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Dash cam- I have one in my Ford Fiesta plugged into the cigarette lighter power point. I don't think my car has battery drain protection. Sometime back, I had gone on a 3 day vacation leaving the car at home. When I came back the battery was fully drained. But I was able jump start and continue with same battery. Keeping it powered overnight does not seem to have any battery drain issues.

My suggestion would be to rewire the dash cam power supply from the power box/fuse box, to stop power supply once car is shut.

Also do you know if the detailing guy did not short your battery during washing?
My dash cam is connected to the fuse, switches of when the ignition is off, only the power outlet of the vehicle remain on for sometime.
Is it possible to short the battery with water spray? If yes, then maybe.....
Old 25th November 2016, 21:02   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Diagnosed the problem. Its a faulty battery. The service guys came to my home , 70 kms, with a new battery, checked with it and everything was fine. They have taken the vehicle to the SC for checking any leakage. I have a 20 inch light bar which I occasionally use for 10 secs only. I have a dash cam. I noticed the power outlets are on for sometime after locking the car, could this be the reason? cause I have the chargers in it all the time. OK, now they are saying it is because of the accessories and can"t be covered under warranty. Let the game begin ;-)
Glad the issue is resolved by a battery swap. I am not an expert but water when sprayed without care on to the electrical or electronic components are known to cause damages. I lost the ECU of a Tata safari because of that. From then i use the spunging method (courtesy 3M) to avoid any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Yes. I do have a similar problem. The noise starts just after I cross the 80 km/hr mark. I did complain about it when I left the car at HANS Ford in chennai for the first service. They said they got it rectified to some extent and blamed it on the mis - aligned rear hatch but nothing has changed. I did not notice anything wrong with the rear hatch in the first place. And now the service guys have messed up with the driver side door too as I have to bang the door hard to close it, now. Also when I complained about the moisture on the roof they said that all endeavours have this and it's normal. Not sure if I should trust them. And not sure what to do either.
Surprised to hear about the wind noise. Are there any gaps on the Sun roof ? If the issues are not resolved, please send a note to the customer care address of Ford and they will make sure an expert engineer is assigned to resolve the problem. Keep us posted.
Old 25th November 2016, 22:16   #1290
BHPian

I always tell my friends that when you switch off a car you must remember CALM -
C - Chargers
A - Air Conditioning
L - Lights
M - Music.

Switching all these off ensure the battery doesn't drain. I have a HUD coming next month so will be interesting to see how long the Battery lasts with it.

The Moisture on the Top Right of the Endeavour is totally normal. We discussed about this in the early days.

Wind noise is something that is debatable. Maybe Noise Cancelling is not doing what its supposed to do. Maybe the Ford Service Centre tried trial and errors to check the issue but I agree with Sunish. It could also be the Sun Roof. The mechanism sounds pretty crude sometimes.

I didn't notice any in my outdoor trips but will pay attention when I take the Endeavour out of town next time.

Last edited by kimianks : 25th November 2016 at 22:18.
kimianks is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks