Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2016, 20:38   #1291
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
My dash cam is connected to the fuse, switches of when the ignition is off, only the power outlet of the vehicle remain on for sometime.
Is it possible to short the battery with water spray? If yes, then maybe.....
I use a dash cam as well, it stays on for couple of hours and then switches off, I normally don't disconnect. How did you connect it to the fuse? Please let us know.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 20:49   #1292
Team-BHP Support

Question for Titanium owners :
Going by the posts in this thread, it appears there are a number of complaints in Titanium if we compare with Trend - from Headlamps to noise from Sunroof.
Trend variant that I used to own which my colleague is now using ( about 25000 Km ) has Zero issues, so in case I have to buy again will Trend make more sense?

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th November 2016 at 20:51.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 00:11   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Going by the posts in this thread, it appears there are a number of complaints in Titanium if we compare with Trend - from Headlamps to noise from Sunroof.
Trend variant that I used to own which my colleague is now using ( about 25000 Km ) has Zero issues, so in case I have to buy again will Trend make more sense?
Headlamps - Yes, but these are rectified and it seems that one specific batch was affected by this issue. Have not heard any complaints in the recent times.

Sunroof - I remember reporting the issue and it was rectified by Ford to my satisfaction and works flawlessly. Don't remember/haven't heard other complaints yet.

Wind noise - Yet to hear back from the bhp'ans if its a sunroof issue or not.

If you are interested in the sunroof plus additional airbags, park assist, the front sensors and some other goodies then the Titanium makes sense. Otherwise Trend is the most value for money as it got most of the essential features but at a lower price point. My 2 cents. I admire your garage so I am sure you are well aware of the choices Surprisingly majority of the cars i have spotted are the 3.2 Titanium variants or it could be just a mere coincidence.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 27th November 2016 at 00:16.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 08:55   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Headlamps are sorted. Sunroof was a rare one-off issue. Wind noise is something I am reading here but have never felt or heard to the extent described here. Will need to take it out again on long drive to figure.

Rest no major issues are reported and given you will like the extra features, you can take call if you are ok to spend the extra bucks. But if this is not for your personal use but for everyone at work, then you might as well settle on
Trend.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 11:53   #1295
BHPian

I got a message from the Sales guy and he confirmed the 1 lakh discount on Trend variants.

Previously (or currently) the Trend 2.2 MT 4x4 /AT 4x2 OTR is around 29.6 lakhs including 3rd year extended warranty and with Bumper to Bumper insurance. It will go down by approximate 1.08 or so and i.e. 28 lakhs OTR in Chennai. Thought useful for those Chennai folks. VFM for sure I believe.

Would like to have a some one post a review of highway manners/tolerable highway cruising speed etc. This is the only area of concern with 2.2 as many is keen to know the cruise-'ability' of the 2.2 liter vs 3.2 liter.

Last edited by sgmuser : 27th November 2016 at 11:56.
Old 27th November 2016, 12:29   #1296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sales guy and he confirmed the 1 lakh discount on Trend variants
It should be 1,08 Lac and one can easily negotiate 20-30 K extra with dealer plus free basic pack. Looks FORD has lot of kits for Trend.
Quote:
his is the only area of concern with 2.2 as many is keen to know the cruise-'ability' of the 2.2 liter vs 3.2 liter.
I think 2,2 is good enough but I have not driven past 120 or so. Maybe some owners can comment better.
Quote:
Surprisingly majority of the cars i have spotted are the 3.2 Titanium variants or it could be just a mere coincidence.
You are correct, that's the reason for price correction on lower models, they still have a higher demand for Titanium and it's only after this recent cut that people ( I included ) have got confused if its worth to go for Titanium or save on 4 Lac or so. For me, Sync 3 upgrade alone is roughly 1,5 Lac plus the usual different stuff so most likely it will be a Black Titanium
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 12:36   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
I got a message from the Sales guy and he confirmed the 1 lakh discount on Trend variants.

Previously (or currently) the Trend 2.2 MT 4x4 /AT 4x2 OTR is around 29.6 lakhs including 3rd year extended warranty and with Bumper to Bumper insurance. It will go down by approximate 1.08 or so and i.e. 28 lakhs OTR in Chennai. Thought useful for those Chennai folks. VFM for sure I believe.

Would like to have a some one post a review of highway manners/tolerable highway cruising speed etc. This is the only area of concern with 2.2 as many is keen to know the cruise-'ability' of the 2.2 liter vs 3.2 liter.
For sure Endeavour is amazing at that price. So there is much gap between the 2.2 MT 4x4 and the new Toyota 2.8 MT 4x4 so customers can decide on the choice accordingly.

On the highway manners

I did test drive the 2.2 AT and the 3.2 AT (trend & titanium) The ride quality, manners are same.

Tolerable highway cruising speed

The 3.2 is powerful so it never runs out of breath. Looking at the way it performs, the 3.2 will be comfortable cruising all day even at speeds above 140kmph (this is assuming there are roads available with such speed limits -legally)

The 2.2 is a great economical mill, its fine till 80-100kmph and then takes a little time to build up speeds up to 120kmph and is comfortable cruising at this speed all day. I have seen online videos where they push the 2.2 mill to speeds above 160kmph so its a capable one. If you have tried the scorpio and safari 2.2 variants, then you will find the Endeavour much much better.

Please note - I do not encourage driving at speeds above the legal limits. Stating numbers to give an idea about the vehicle's capability.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 27th November 2016 at 12:37.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 13:02   #1298

Currently ex showroom price for my city in ford official site shows 24.17 lakh for Trend 4x2 AT. With 1 lakh it will come down to 23.27 lakhs? Has anyone confirmed new prices for 4x2 AT Trend? My dealer here still gives me old price list of 25.5 lakhs ex showroom and claims its latest. So I am waiting for better prices now.
greatestmj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 18:44   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I use a dash cam as well, it stays on for couple of hours and then switches off, I normally don't disconnect. How did you connect it to the fuse? Please let us know.

I think both Amazon and AliExpress has the fuse box connectors. But I would think a good Auto Electrician should be able to do it. The trick is in tucking the wires under the A-pillar and other inner vehicle cladding. I guess you wouldn't want ugly wires in your beautiful interior.

Quote:

If you plan to keep this beauty for 6-7 yrs or beyond, and if you are not a big off-road fan, then why not 2.2 Titanium? In such a big vehicle you will end up changing gears so often that you could be wearing out your shoulder and thigh ball joints. 😀 I know 2.2 is not beast but it's a pretty good on road vehicle that will take you to decent speeds.

Endy owners: anybody tried the Chip-express hp booster chip?
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 11:10   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
....Please note - I do not encourage driving at speeds above the legal limits. Stating numbers to give an idea about the vehicle's capability.
Understand the rules of the game for sure. I am driving a Innova 2013 with 30k or so in the ODO. You just need to push it beyond 90kmph in a nice highway to understand what I mean. The noise level is very high, it struggles after 100 and after 110kmph is unbearable. Worse if it is some sort of incline esp in Ghats. for 2.4 lit this seems to be a bit strange to me. I was driven in 1.1 Diesel Grand i10 and it is nice and relaxed in the midway mark in the speedo. As I am looking for my next ride and this time I am in the look out for a smoother ride which is on the top of the priority list. Just to clarify.
Old 28th November 2016, 11:53   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Understand the rules of the game for sure. I am driving a Innova 2013 with 30k or so in the ODO. You just need to push it beyond 90kmph in a nice highway to understand what I mean. The noise level is very high, it struggles after 100 and after 110kmph is unbearable. Worse if it is some sort of incline esp in Ghats. for 2.4 lit this seems to be a bit strange to me. I was driven in 1.1 Diesel Grand i10 and it is nice and relaxed in the midway mark in the speedo. As I am looking for my next ride and this time I am in the look out for a smoother ride which is on the top of the priority list. Just to clarify.
Both 2.2 and 3.2 have smooth rides compared to Innova for sure. 3.2 is a tad louder when pushed due to its 5 pot engine layout. However, both can cruise at 140 peacefully though buildup to 140 takes longer on the 2.2.

And I have driven at 140 (mine is 3.2) and never felt the wind noise either. Actually at that speed, the engine is surprisingly quiet when cruising.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 28th November 2016 at 11:54.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:32   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
The noise level is very high, it struggles after 100 and after 110kmph is unbearable. Worse if it is some sort of incline esp in Ghats. for 2.4 lit this seems to be a bit strange to me. I was driven in 1.1 Diesel Grand i10 and it is nice and relaxed in the midway mark in the speedo. As I am looking for my next ride and this time I am in the look out for a smoother ride which is on the top of the priority list. Just to clarify.
Hi sgmuser

1. The new Innova is a vast improvement in ride quality, and is better than the Endy in the back seat beyond doubt. Although in the front seat, there is more roll in the Endy, but it feels much more planted, so there may be a difference of opinion on which is better in the front - personal choice. Not in the rear.

2. However, if the important thing is ride quality, then stop looking here, and rush to the Hexa thread. I have test driven it two times, and also gone on the off-road experience, and I can assure you, theres absolutely nothing short of 50 lakhs which has the ride quality that the Hexa does.
torquing_points is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 15:22   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Hi sgmuser

2. However, if the important thing is ride quality, then stop looking here, and rush to the Hexa thread. I have test driven it two times, and also gone on the off-road experience, and I can assure you, theres absolutely nothing short of 50 lakhs which has the ride quality that the Hexa does.
Although I am not against new Innova, but somehow I took it out of my list when it was introduced with that huge price difference comparing the old version. Then again I was forced to keep it that way after the Endeavour. After Tucson which was in my potential list before the price anouncement, was removed from the list with that crazy pricing which is so close to Ford! Recently I saw a video of the Hyundai VP Marketing talking about the positioning of Hyundai as "Premium + Modern" . I humbly think, it was just a VFM, nothing premium nor modern. May be just the design (Germans working overtime in Hyundai Design Center!)

Then, I had a quick look at Hexa. Personally, I will leave Hexa on road atleast for 2 years (like I would do that same for Mahindra) to make any kind of decision. When Toyota struggling with niggles, I am not convinced Tata will give such an assured product right out of the factory! This car is for my dad and mom in their 70s+ and they need nothing else other than a comfortable ride and peace of mind. FE is not a big issue as the drive is less.

After lots of contemplation, I zeroed in on Ford which seems to be doing right things for the customers and their hard earned money where everyone else *cough* *cough* Hyundai talking premium and all other laughable stuff.

The difference betwen Endeavour 2.2 AT and Fortuner 2.8 MT is around 531,419.00 in Chennai (OTR). The advantage Fortuner has is its extra 600cc mill, 7 airbags, Toyota badge, resale value, perceived reliability (Ford seems to be good nowadays, with the pre-announced service package!) among few other features which my parents can live with out. For Ford, other than the price difference, the macho looks & AT. Some reviews like (autocar) rates the ride quality of Ford better and as well the 2.2 AT being eager to surge ahead.

I am not convinced of the 5.3 lakhs difference for Fortuner. If I keep the car for 4-5 years. These are all the analysis just to share! Hopefully I am doing this at the right place.

Last edited by sgmuser : 28th November 2016 at 15:24.
Old 28th November 2016, 15:31   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Although I am not against new Innova, but somehow I took it out of my list when it was introduced with that huge price difference comparing the old version. Then again I was forced to keep it that way after the Endeavour.

The difference betwen Endeavour 2.2 AT and Fortuner 2.8 MT is around 531,419.00 in Chennai (OTR). The advantage Fortuner has is its extra 600cc mill, 7 airbags, Toyota badge, resale value, perceived reliability (Ford seems to be good nowadays, with the pre-announced service package!) among few other features which my parents can live with out. For Ford, other than the price difference, the macho looks & AT. Some reviews like (autocar) rates the ride quality of Ford better and as well the 2.2 AT being eager to surge ahead.

I am not convinced of the 5.3 lakhs difference for Fortuner. If I keep the car for 4-5 years. These are all the analysis just to share! Hopefully I am doing this at
the right place.
I understand your hesitation on Hexa because youd like to to prove itself first. Fair enough.

The Crysta is worlds apart from the old innova. It might JUST be worth the premium. But no doubt, its expensive, and Toyota is trying to appropriate more value from the customer. I hope you've TDd it.

If you are looking for ride quality, you cant do Fortuner. Innova has a better ride quality than the F because of its lower center of gravity.

ALL reviews that I have seen rate ride quality of Endy better than the new T-Fort. Search for Ford Everest reviews from Australia or South Africa, and you will see that in terms of ride and handling, the endeavour is better.

Then again -- in India, a Toyota is a Toyota, especially in reliability and resale value. Thats why the car is at a premium price here -- even though worldwide, the Everest sells at a higher price than the Fortuner.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 15:42   #1305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The difference betwen Endeavour 2.2 AT and Fortuner 2.8 MT is around 531,419.00 in Chennai (OTR)
Quote:
The advantage Fortuner has is its extra 600cc mill
Did you check prices after recent reduction and a discount of 1,08 lac? Why don't you try 3,2 - 4x4 AT Trend? it's marginally expensive and best value. Honestly buying such a large SUV without 4x4 makes little sense. If comfort is more important, try new Innova. Forgot how much have they increase instead opt for Z version and the money will be well spent. It has same engine and gearbox as of Fortuner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks