Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 13:57   #676
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Great news, PrideRed. Started liking the lighter colors on Endeavour and feel unhappy for not choosing them.

Completed PDI of the vehicle alloted to me, paper work in progress. Reliance gives me 0 depreciation policy for 50% of what Ford & dealer quoted. So going with them. And no one seem to appreciate this vehicle in my known circle, everyone still says Toyota Fortuner is the best and that Ford is not good.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 00:27   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
And no one seem to appreciate this vehicle in my known circle, everyone still says Toyota Fortuner is the best and that Ford is not good.
I am getting the same reaction from my family and friends, who have been told that I have booked an Endeavour. I guess its the attitude of the people or the way they look at things.

None of the people I know are fascinated with the features like parallel park assist, sun roof, terrain management system, etc. I know I am hardly gonna need the terrain management, but it's the confidence or say mental satisfaction that you have in your car's ability. It's afterall I who have to drive and if I love what I drive, I don't care.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th May 2016 at 06:01. Reason: Grammar, punctuation, spellings, spacing
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 07:11   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Would you indicate which page this is?
Well,I cannot tell about the Endeavour right now because I still haven't got mine(even though I booked it on 18th of January ).
My Fortuner and w124 have wheel alignment specs and a whole lot of other specs and technical information,like engine oil capacity,coolant capacity,wheel size,payload,weight,fuel tank capacity etc,at the end of the owners manual,so I assumed it may be a common feature for all the vehicles' owners manual.
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 14:10   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I am getting the same reaction from my family and friends, who have been told that I have booked an Endeavour. I guess its the attitude of the people or the way they look at things.

None of the people I know are fascinated with the features like parallel park assist, sun roof, terrain management system, etc. I know I am hardly gonna need the terrain management, but it's the confidence or say mental satisfaction that you have in your car's ability. It's afterall I who have to drive and if I love what I drive, I don't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Great news, PrideRed. Started liking the lighter colors on Endeavour and feel unhappy for not choosing them.

Completed PDI of the vehicle alloted to me, paper work in progress. Reliance gives me 0 depreciation policy for 50% of what Ford & dealer quoted. So going with them. And no one seem to appreciate this vehicle in my known circle, everyone still says Toyota Fortuner is the best and that Ford is not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Well,I cannot tell about the Endeavour right now because I still haven't got mine(even though I booked it on 18th of January ).
My Fortuner and w124 have wheel alignment specs and a whole lot of other specs and technical information,like engine oil capacity,coolant capacity,wheel size,payload,weight,fuel tank capacity etc,at the end of the owners manual,so I assumed it may be a common feature for all the vehicles' owners manual.
Just finally picked up the 4x4 AT T-Fort and am quite happy with it - except for the relatively hard suspension and rear safety issue with the bumper.

It is obvious that the Endy is more advanced, has more features, but so far the potential issues I noted, the (lack of knowledgeable) service facilities, interior trim levels, feedback from dealers with regard to Ford's support are questionable in my mind.

Until this is sorted out, I will just stay with what I have now, as the Endy launch/availability just took too long.

I will be out in remote locations, so a bulletproof vehicle is more important - although it appears that the Endy is indeed one as well. It's just that local "workshops" or "mechanics" have more experiences with the T-Fort at this time, so it appears to be the better choice.

Always keeping an open mind for the Endy - let's see what transpires!
Old 20th May 2016, 14:30   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
So Ford India, Chennai called me again this morning. With regard to the alignment being done by Ford Dealers alone, he says, after speaking with his tech people, it seems, that all four wheels need alignment and not just the front 2 and therefore, it must be done by the dealership. This is complete bull. Any halfway decent alignment store can do an alignment of all 4 tires, if at all necessary. That information should be sought by all garages and not be the proprietary of Ford.
Old 20th May 2016, 16:27   #681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
fter speaking with his tech people, it seems, that all four wheels need alignment and not just the front 2 and therefore, it must be done by the dealership. This is complete bull.
What will you expect from the company ? to give you the go-ahead to get an alignment done at any workshop ? Leave FORD , try helpline of any other company and then update

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th May 2016 at 16:29.
Old 20th May 2016, 16:36   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
So Ford India, Chennai called me again this morning. With regard to the alignment being done by Ford Dealers alone, he says, after speaking with his tech people, it seems, that all four wheels need alignment and not just the front 2 and therefore, it must be done by the dealership. This is complete bull. Any halfway decent alignment store can do an alignment of all 4 tires, if at all necessary. That information should be sought by all garages and not be the proprietary of Ford.
Actually, as per my experience in the US (Audi Quattros with Torsen diffs), a full-time 4wd vehicle such as the Endy would require a 4 wheel alignment.

I gather that you could get it done at a third-party shop, but not sure if they would know all the required specifications to get it right. (Toe-in/out, camber, etc.)

Also best to first check if the rim/wheel has not been damaged, else the above exercise would not be fully achieved.

I think that Concorde Motors also did this (4 wheel alignment) for my Safari Dicor 3.0 (part-time 4WD, actually not operational at present) and the result after 2-3 tries was *fantastic*. (Yes, it required them to do it multiple times to get it right! )

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 20th May 2016 at 16:39.
Old 20th May 2016, 17:38   #683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I gather that you could get it done at a third-party shop, but not sure if they would know all the required specifications to get it right. (Toe-in/out, camber, etc.)
Actually the local shops generally don't always need to know (although they do by virtue of doing this often). It is basically the alignment machine manufacturer (say Hunter) who maintain these machines for the alignment shops who ensure that the latest data is fed to the machine. The alignment guys simply pick the right car from the list on the screen and then get to see all the alignments needed and the range to maintain. They just follow the machine till every parameter is taken care off.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 18:25   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Actually the local shops generally don't always need to know (although they do by virtue of doing this often). It is basically the alignment machine manufacturer (say Hunter) who maintain these machines for the alignment shops who ensure that the latest data is fed to the machine. The alignment guys simply pick the right car from the list on the screen and then get to see all the alignments needed and the range to maintain. They just follow the machine till every parameter is taken care off.
Exactly - if they cannot find "Endeavour" in the system, I would recommend they check "Everest" as well - FYI to the OP on that front.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 21:48   #685
BHPian

Did anyone managed to find out how to make the external mirrors autofold when switching off the engine?
Old 20th May 2016, 22:52   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Did anyone managed to find out how to make the external mirrors autofold when switching off the engine?
Endeavour doesn't have the auto folding mirror's? For instance once you lock the vehicle the wing mirror's don't fold?
Old 20th May 2016, 22:58   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Endeavour doesn't have the auto folding mirror's? For instance once you lock the vehicle the wing mirror's don't fold?
I don't know about the Endy, but for the T-Fort the dealer charges you extra for this. (Rs. 6,500/- in May 2015)

I didn't opt for it, but I am being goaded/teased for not having paid to have this option.

I think you can have this done cheaper outside than from the dealer - but not sure about the Endy situation. Can anyone report?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 20th May 2016 at 22:59.
Old 20th May 2016, 23:01   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I don't know about the Endy, but for the T-Fort the dealer charges you extra for this. (Rs. 6,500/- in May 2015)

I didn't opt for it, but I am being goaded for not having paid to have this option.
6500 INR, Doesn't seems to be worth it, But for people like me who have an habit to fold the mirror's and open them every time i sit in and move out from the car looks to be worth it.

One of my friend had done the same some how in his Innova which lead to lot of wiring issues later on, It was an aftermarket job and hence.
Old 21st May 2016, 08:52   #689
BHPian

I noticed that my insurance date started on the day my vehicle was billed, that is almost a week before it was registered and handed over to me, is this how it is ? This means that while the vehicle was transported from factory to Bangalore the risk was covered by me ? Can I ask the dealer to change the date ?

Currently I use the car only on weekends, will this affect the car in anyway ? Any possible failures , corrosion ect ect.. Is there anything which I should take care ?

Can some knowledgeable help me on the above two queries ?

Last edited by pajero4me : 21st May 2016 at 09:15.
Old 21st May 2016, 09:33   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
6500 INR, Doesn't seems to be worth it, But for people like me who have an habit to fold the mirror's and open them every time i sit in and move out from the car looks to be worth it.

One of my friend had done the same some how in his Innova which lead to lot of wiring issues later on, It was an aftermarket job and hence.
In the AU Endy version, they have an option available in the system which can be selected to make it auto-fold, looks like we do not have that in the software (meaning the electrical signals should be there already) and dealers could do this?.
can someone check with dealers please if you go for a service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks