Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 12:36   #826
BHPian

The dealer has notified me that the car will land at his stockyard on 28th July. I am travelling till the 30th so the delivery might only happen by August 1st Week.

The dealer has asked me to pay the remaining amount by the 10th of July. Isnt it too early? Have everyone else also paid 20 days prior to delivery?
Old 5th July 2016, 13:41   #827
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
One niggle:
And did anyone figure out how to adjust the headlamp leveling ? The service center guy is clueless so i am not going to pursue that further with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
About headlight levelling, I'm clueless too. Finding it very difficult at highways.
There is a white plastic manual adjustment screw.
Open the hood and you will find it on the top portion of the head lights.You would also find Up/Down written near it.There is also one for Left/Right, but is a bit hidden. Let me know if you don't find it, i'll post a pic.
The HID and Hi-beam reflector is attached to each other and any adjustment moves them together.

Last edited by pajero4me : 5th July 2016 at 13:45. Reason: Removal of text
pajero4me is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 19:41   #828
BHPian

I tried adjusting the plastic screw but only the right side focus goes up and the left side doesn't rise up as much as left.
Old 5th July 2016, 20:01   #829
BHPian

Quote:
I tried adjusting the plastic screw but only the right side focus goes up and the left side doesn't rise up as much as left.
I have the same issue, the left hand one doesn't move up at all. After few weeks of adjusting the right hand side to desired level, it went down at its original on its own.
Old 6th July 2016, 11:25   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
I have the same issue, the left hand one doesn't move up at all. After few weeks of adjusting the right hand side to desired level, it went down at its original on its own.
OK guys.. so the fact is that you have a problem here.
(*Please don't confuse this problem with the over all range and throw issue of the headlights)
The below explanation is specifically for people who have a misalignment between Left and Right head lights.

Pic 1 -> This is how the HID beams in a perfect unit should look like.
Pic 2 -> This is how a misaligned beam will look like even after adjustment with the manual screw.
Pic 3 -> Diagrammatic Explanation of the issue

So don't worry, Take it to your dealer service and replace the faulty head light unit under warranty . How do i know this ? Experience....

PM me if you need more details.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160706_110029-1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160625wa0004.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160625wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by pajero4me : 6th July 2016 at 11:27. Reason: Correction
pajero4me is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 13:27   #831
BHPian

Thank you for giving a detailed picture pajero4me. My beams are actually like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-edit20160706_131936.jpg  

Old 6th July 2016, 14:38   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for giving a detailed picture pajero4me. My beams are actually like this.
You are Welcome!

This apparently means that your left headlight HID+HighBeam reflector is having a faulty down tilt .(In my picture the right one was faulty)
What happens in this situation is that the headlamps,especially the low beam is extremely inefficient.
If service guys are unable to manually adjust it, they will have to replace the unit .In case of manual adjustment make sure that you have some more adjustment play left in what ever direction you adjust.
If they act smart, get them park a new vehicle there and show them the beam pattern.
Old 6th July 2016, 16:01   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
You are Welcome!

This apparently means that your left headlight HID+HighBeam reflector is having a faulty down tilt .(In my picture the right one was faulty)
What happens in this situation is that the headlamps,especially the low beam is extremely inefficient.
If service guys are unable to manually adjust it, they will have to replace the unit .In case of manual adjustment make sure that you have some more adjustment play left in what ever direction you adjust.
If they act smart, get them park a new vehicle there and show them the beam pattern.
Thanks for the detailed steps. I am waiting for the OSRAM H3 bulbs and i will swap them and adjust the beams. But i am still annoyed that Ford did not give headlight adjustment switch for this car. Interestingly their owners manual got steps to adjust the headlamp level using the headlight switch ! Poor editing i guess.
Old 6th July 2016, 17:19   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed steps. I am waiting for the OSRAM H3 bulbs and i will swap them and adjust the beams. But i am still annoyed that Ford did not give headlight adjustment switch for this car. Interestingly their owners manual got steps to adjust the headlamp level using the headlight switch ! Poor editing i guess.
Welcome.
Hope you have ordered Osram Nightbreaker HB3 (not H3).The foglamps are H8.
The headlight adjustment switch is present in the Trend Version and hence present in owners manual.The Titanium version has auto leveling feature in lieu of this switch.
The manual adjustment screw serves the purpose of calibration and not expected to be done often.The internal adjustment needs to be done when vehicle angle with respect to the road changes due to load factor which is done automatically in Titanium version, hence a manual switch is absent.
pajero4me is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 17:41   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome.
Hope you have ordered Osram Nightbreaker HB3 (not H3).The foglamps are H8.
The headlight adjustment switch is present in the Trend Version and hence present in owners manual.The Titanium version has auto leveling feature in lieu of this switch.
The manual adjustment screw serves the purpose of calibration and not expected to be done often.The internal adjustment needs to be done when vehicle angle with respect to the road changes due to load factor which is done automatically in Titanium version, hence a manual switch is absent.
Thanks, pajero4me (or endeavour4me )

I ordered the Osram HB3, from Amazon:

Quote:
Thanks, that's interesting information. Do you know this feature works ? I dont find the information on google. Even with full load i do not see the lamps adjusting on its own. Since the OSRAM's are supposed to give better throw, the adjustment might not be necessary, do you think so ? Kindly help.
Old 6th July 2016, 19:05   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, pajero4me (or endeavour4me )

I ordered the Osram HB3, from Amazon:

Thanks, that's interesting information. Do you know this feature works ? I dont find the information on google. Even with full load i do not see the lamps adjusting on its own. Since the OSRAM's are supposed to give better throw, the adjustment might not be necessary, do you think so ? Kindly help.
Yes. This feature works. If you notice, the moment you switch on the lights, there is a moment of adjustment based on how far the wall/road/objects are. You will see that in play as you move between walls in a basement for example. At the same time if the vehicle is fully loaded, they will level up by themselves.

Osrams of course will give you better throw and brightness. But if your headlight is tilted badly, you are better off using the warranty option to get a new set.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 20:23   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Yes. This feature works. If you notice, the moment you switch on the lights, there is a moment of adjustment based on how far the wall/road/objects are. You will see that in play as you move between walls in a basement for example. At the same time if the vehicle is fully loaded, they will level up by themselves.
That's right.

Quote:
The Auto leveling movement of the HID+Reflector at the source is in the order of millimeters and may be lil difficult to observe unless one is very keen.
However if you wish to see the mechanicals of this feature doing a self test, you could do one of the following.

Switch on the headlight HID, switch off the key and turn it ON all the way just short of cranking the engine, You could see the light beam moving down/up and settling.
or
Get some one to turn the ignition ON all the way just short of cranking the engine,you could stand out side and observe the HID+Reflector tilting up/down.
OSRAM's are definitely better than the OEM's in terms of brightness and throw.
Old 7th July 2016, 11:30   #838
BHPian

Thank you nareshtrao and pajero4me for all the details. Such help gives more reasons to fall in love with team-bhp

I went and checked in the night, i could see the projectors leveling on its own (never noticed it before till you guys told me) So my worry about the feature is gone.

The lights had a slight alignment problem, i fixed it and the levels are correct now. The OSRAM's are supposed to reach by Saturday and will do the next round of check after installing the new bulbs.

Forgot to update: There was a minor leak from the sunroof when it rained heavily. The leak was like one or two drop getting inside when car is exposed to rain for more than 15 minutes (stand still). The problem did not occur when the car was running. Obviously i was furious, but the service center guys took care of my dissatisfaction seriously this time.

Reported the issue and within a week the entire sunroof assembly (including the glass, rubber parts etc) were replaced under warranty. The service center guys took 1.5 days to get everything done and gave a free polish/interior cleaning as complimentary. When the issue was reported, technician took the video of the leak and mailed Ford, the chennai guys approved the replacement and the part was shipped from there. There are no other issues so not going to generalize Ford's quality right now. I have to test for another week and confirm if all is well.

Please add the sunroof check to the PDI list (for the new owners) Do a pressure test at the stock yard/showroom to confirm that there are no leaks. I should have done that earlier !

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 7th July 2016 at 11:44.
Old 7th July 2016, 12:21   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you nareshtrao and pajero4me for all the details. Such help gives more reasons to fall in love with team-bhp

Reported the issue and within a week the entire sunroof assembly (including the glass, rubber parts etc) were replaced under warranty. The service center guys took 1.5 days to get everything done and gave a free polish/interior cleaning as complimentary. When the issue was reported, technician took the video of the leak and mailed Ford, the chennai guys approved the replacement and the part was shipped from there. There are no other issues so not going to generalize Ford's quality right now. I have to test for another week and confirm if all is well.
Curious. Which dealer was this done at? How did they check the issue at the workshop?

Last edited by nareshtrao : 7th July 2016 at 12:29.
Old 7th July 2016, 23:05   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Curious. Which dealer was this done at? How did they check the issue at the workshop?
This was done at Vibrant Ford, Hyderabad. They used the regular water wash gun to check the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks