Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2016, 11:13   #766
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi Naresh,

I bought the regular clear plastic mats to put inside the truck. Dealer cut the middle one to fit nicely on the bumb.

Btw. Could you please let me know where you got the bulbs and most importantly where you got it fitted?

1. All three are available on Amazon. Try selecting Cloudtail as the vendor and all of them will be delivered together and quick. By the way Philips is Crystal Vision 4300 K. I forgot to mention earlier. And the price has changed. It is 800 a piece. So 1600 a pair.

2. I got them fitted at the Ford service center. Takes 5 min each. As the specs are same, no warranty issues and they happily do it.

3. Which mat set did you get? Which middle one did you cut? Asking as most clear mat sets are 4 pieces. If you bought in Bangalore, where?

Last edited by nareshtrao : 12th June 2016 at 11:20.
Old 12th June 2016, 11:30   #767
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi Naresh,
Btw. Could you please let me know where you got the bulbs and most importantly where you got it fitted?
Headlights are a definite DIY stuff, Fog lamps could be a challenge.
I changed the headlights myself in 10 minutes.(Under the guidance and encouragement of Naresh).
Old 12th June 2016, 11:42   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
1. All three are available on Amazon. Try selecting Cloudtail as the vendor and all of them will be delivered together and quick. By the way Philips is Crystal Vision 4300 K. I forgot to mention earlier. And the price has changed. It is 800 a piece. So 1600 a pair.

2. I got them fitted at the Ford service center. Takes 5 min each. As the specs are same, no warranty issues and they happily do it.

3. Which mat set did you get? Which middle one did you cut? Asking as most clear mat sets are 4 pieces. If you bought in Bangalore, where?
Thanks Naresh, I bought the mats from Malnad Auto Treat which is in HSR Layout. they have several mat sets with 5 pieces including expensive Michelin ones (not clear plastic). I got clear plastic ones, I think I paid about 1500, was couple of months back (don't remember exact cost).
Old 12th June 2016, 17:09   #769
BHPian

Hello Folks!

This is my first post here at Team-BHP!

I have been going through this tread almost everyday since the first post here and would like to express my sincere thanks to many for their contribution.

After serious deliberation since last September when I came to know of the Endeavour's impending launch in India I have finally booked for the 3.2 Titanium and now awaiting delivery in a couple of days.

I had a very hard time finding a test drive vehicle here in Chennai for almost a month since the launch and had to head over to Coimbatore to test drive the car. Had quite a elaborative test drive with my family and by the time we came back to the showroom, everyone were convinced with my decision to go for this beast!

Chennai dealers were not committing for delivery anytime within 8-10months from the booking date for the 3.2 Titanium version and were pushing me hard to settle for the 2.2 mill or the 3.2 Trend's. Since my brother-in-law (who is a used car dealer in Tiruppur) had good contacts with the folks at Ford, Coimbatore, we got a tentative commitment for delivery in 4-5months time. Booking was done by making a payment of Rs.50,000 during mid-April and voila!! We got a call couple of weeks back from the sales advisor that the car has been allotted in my name and that it must be invoiced before June to save on the price hike of about Rs.40,000. The VIN number was provided and I had it checked online to find the build date of 13 May 2016.

Had a last minute rush arranging for the payments with extremely good co-operation from the SBI Manager who had my loan sanctioned and disbursed all in less than 24 hrs.

Temporary registration had been done at Coimbatore couple of days back and the beast is safely hibernatig at their yard for delivery on Tuesday

PDI was done by my folks from Tiruppur and they didnt find any bumper alignment issues.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-3.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-4.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-5.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-6.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-7.jpg  

Attached Images

vijay.sundar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 18:34   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Booking was done by making a payment of Rs.50,000 during mid-April and voila!! We got a call couple of weeks back from the sales advisor that the car has been allotted in my name.
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new Endeavor.

Man,I sure do envy you,even though I had booked mine way back on 18th January,the expected date for delivery of my vehicle is still stated as mid-July.
Old 12th June 2016, 18:51   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Headlights are a definite DIY stuff, Fog lamps could be a challenge.
I changed the headlights myself in 10 minutes.(Under the guidance and encouragement of Naresh).
Headlamps and Fog Lamps are DIY for sure. In case of Fog lamp, you need to open the cover under the wheel well or slide under the truck. Latter is easier if you have the place and enough light to do so. For Number Plates I did not want to take a chance to so took it to the Service Center.Turns out it is the easiest of the lot. Does not need any tools. Just unclamp the light and it comes off in a click. Just as in the manual.
Old 12th June 2016, 19:23   #772
BHPian

I have noticed that
1. When i press the unlock button once only the driver door opens.
2. When i press the unlock button twice all the doors are unlocked
3. When i press the lock button once all the doors are locked
4. When i press the lock button twice all the doors get locked and i get a sound (horn)

What is the difference between the pressing of lock buttons once n twice ?
architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 19:58   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I have noticed that
1. When i press the unlock button once only the driver door opens.
2. When i press the unlock button twice all the doors are unlocked
3. When i press the lock button once all the doors are locked
4. When i press the lock button twice all the doors get locked and i get a sound (horn)

What is the difference between the pressing of lock buttons once n twice ?
Second should be a sound to confirm that you have locked all the doors. To reassure you once you are out of sight, and then you have a doubt if you locked the doors.

In my Fiesta, holding the lock and unlock keys together for 5 seconds would act as a toggle between - Unlock driver's door at first press / Unlock all doors at first press itself.
It could be the same for the Endeavour too.
Old 13th June 2016, 08:08   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Second should be a sound to confirm that you have locked all the doors. To reassure you once you are out of sight, and then you have a doubt if you locked the doors.

In my Fiesta, holding the lock and unlock keys together for 5 seconds would act as a toggle between - Unlock driver's door at first press / Unlock all doors at first press itself.
It could be the same for the Endeavour too.
Also if you unlock it twice and keep it holding for 7 sec all the windows and sun roof open up and if you lock twice and keep it holding the windows and sun roof will lock. Very convenient.
Shamsher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 11:26   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
My friend is getting Mirage audio media interface installed in his car, this should solve all your video and gps navigation problems. Though it could void warranty and it's not a plug and play that you can remove on your own, but I am told there is no wire cutting and it's a plug and play albeit dismantling dashboard center console.
https://www.facebook.com/Mirageaudio.Thailand/
Hi,

Has your friend installed the kit? Could you please give some details on where he obtained it from? The GPS interface language seems to be in Thai - can it be changed to English? Also, what is the background maps used in the same? Tom Tom?

Thanks,
Old 13th June 2016, 14:17   #776
BHPian

Imagine a 3.2L, 200PS Figo with 3rd row of seats! Come on Ford, don't embarrass yourself!

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot-20160613-13.57.02.png

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot-20160613-13.57.45.png

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot-20160613-13.58.14.png
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:23   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Imagine a 3.2L, 200PS Figo with 3rd row of seats! Come on Ford, don't embarrass yourself!

Attachment 1517438

Attachment 1517439

Attachment 1517440
You know what? My VIN search first threw back Ford Figo as well. I took this to the notice of my SA and for some reason the next day, it rightly showed as Everest.
vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 20:36   #778
BHPian

From Ford's parts cost calculator - Cost for the New Endeavour Headlight is 47,183 INR

https://partscalculator.fordind.com:..._search_result
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 20:43   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
From Ford's parts cost calculator - Cost for the New Endeavour Headlight is 47,183 INR
And whether they have those in stock in India right now is another matter...
Old 15th June 2016, 22:35   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
And whether they have those in stock in India right now is another matter...
They have stocks - and ample - for every single part. I was surprised how they sourced a couple of parts for me in less than a day. Parts which are normally not needed to be replaced and considered very low moving - and not common to any other cars. The dealer got the not so common parts shipped from Chennai overnight.

And then I checked. The dealer has all normally needed parts available. Apparently Ford has stipulated strict conditions of spares inventory and training for any dealer to qualify for Endeavour and Mustang. All of them are supposed to have at least one L3 Technician and one Master Technician.

Also, in this case the dealer was other than the one I purchased from as their Service Center is close to my place of residence whereas the dealer from where I purchased is too far for me.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 15th June 2016 at 22:37.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks