Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 19:38   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
7.5 in City and 9 on highways is what even i get, As i mentioned 11-12 was during a controlled experiment only for academic purposes
The average fuel consumption for past 4500 kms is 9.8 kms in my 3.2AT which includes Superfast highway drives, Leisure cruising, Bumber to bumber City traffic, Hill drives, Rock crawling for around 70-80 kms at single digit speeds, Beach sand dune driving for around 20 kms and mostly around 70% in regular two lane highway with moderate traffic.
Maximum I got was upto 13 kms @ 90km/hr under cruise control.
Within city and at triple digit speeds, it comes down between 8-10 km/lt.
Rock crawling and offroad mode(Both in Sand and Slush), it gave me 4-5 kms/Lt.
Tyre pressure I usually maintain is 33psi on all four wheels.
Harshavarthan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 18:52   #902
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

All I read about on this thread is the 3.2 Titanium. From what I gather the majority on Team-BHP have bought this particular model. After reading about the poor fuel average the 3.2 has to offer, it may be a better idea to buy the 2.2 I request owner/s of the 2.2 Titanium or the 2.2 4x4 Trend give us some feed back, especially on fuel consumption and other details such as whether the 2.2 pulls the truck comfortably or is it laboured? How does the manual function in comparison to the auto tranny? Does anybody have a 4x4 manual? If some of these details are shared, it may help us decide on our purchase. Thank you.
Old 29th July 2016, 20:08   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brutus View Post
it may be a better idea to buy the 2.2 I request owner/s of the 2.2 Titanium or the 2.2 4x4 Trend give us some feed back, especially on fuel consumption and other details
I hope you've seen PrideRed's ownership review of his 2.2L AT, although its a Titanium and not Trend as you're looking for. LINK (My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium))
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 13:12   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I hope you've seen PrideRed's ownership review of his 2.2L AT, although its a Titanium and not Trend as you're looking for. LINK (My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium))
I am not sure what I am looking for hence I hoped that somebody would post some details of the manual 4x4 etc. I had not read PrideRed's review so I have you to thank. He has definitely answered some of my questions. I am convinced that the way to go is the 2.2 Titanium though I will be very upset to miss out on the 4x4 which it does not have. Ford is forcing us to buy the 3.2 by offering it with the 4x4 and all the bells and whistles in the Titanium model. As far as the 2.2 Titanium is concerned you miss out on loads of goodies.

Generally speaking the 3.2 is a very good towing vehicle. In the west these vehicles are used to tow all sorts of trailers, may it be a horse trailer or a boat trailer or just the usual caravan, which is extremely common. The 3.2 has a towing capacity of I believe something like 3000 kilogrammes, for which we generally do not have any use for in India. Those who buy the Titanium 3.2 is just because it is a complete vehicle with all the bells and whistles which they do not want to miss out on and if Ford had sold the 2.2 Titanium with the same 4x4 AT with all the bells and whistles that the 3.2 has, they would have been hard pressed to sell many 3.2 Titaniums, as in India we just do not need that sort of towing power and it is common knowledge that the 2.2 is a far more refined engine than the 3.2 and for obvious reasons gives a better return in terms of kilometres per litre.
Marcus Brutus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 10:36   #905
BHPian

Thought of lighting it up a lil with some happy experiences with this amazing car.Small break from discussions on headlights / sunroof / Mileage...

Last week i had a chance to chase rains in 'god's own country'.

The vehicle made my trip truly enjoyable and memorable.I got to drive on open long flat highways, Winding Ghat sections, Broken narrow village roads and beaches.I should admit that,this car never ceases to excite. More you drive it , the more you fall in love with it.
It is a perfect fusion of a luxury sedan and a rugged intimidating SUV.As confirmed by my mom and wife,If driven sensibly over humps and potholes the middle seats are the best place to be in.I could see them sleep like kids with middle seats reclined.The whisper quiet cabin helps
When it comes to mileage, yes one needs to a bit pragmatic in one's approach to life and concentrate on the bigger picture and stop nit picking

I drove a total of 1100 kms over the weekend and got an average of 8.7KM/L.

The best part is that long drives no longer feels like long drives.Even my parents were seen getting out of the vehicle still feeling fresh even after a 300km drive..

I got to experience all types of weather in a span of 3 days.I suggest all who can do so to go experience the monsoons in Kerala now.Its amazing.

Let the pics do the talking...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-3.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-4.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-5.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-6.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-7.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-8.jpg  

Last edited by pajero4me : 31st July 2016 at 10:40.
pajero4me is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 10:52   #906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I drove a total of 1100 kms over the weekend and got an average of 8.7KM/L.
I agree to your remarks having driven twice to Ahmedabad/ Kandla from Delhi. This SUV is one of most comfortable for long journeys. If you drive sedately till 120 Kmph one can easily get 11-12 Kmpl on highways. Trouble is the engine is so free revving that you can't drive it that slow and it's virtually silent inside. Perhaps if we can find some softer shocks or someone comes with Air suspension ( ) this can be the perfect SUV
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 11:18   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When it comes to mileage, yes one needs to a bit pragmatic in one's approach to life and concentrate on the bigger picture and stop nit picking
Perfectly summed up Pajero4me!

I cannot understand people buying an around 35 lac behemoth and then crib about a couple of kms here and there. What can one expect from such a big and heavy monster?

Keeping enjoying and drive safe!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 20:36   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Thought of lighting it up a lil with some happy experiences with this amazing car.

Last week i had a chance to chase rains in 'god's own country'.
Some really amazing pictures there pajero4me. You are right, the monsoon in the Western Ghats creates stunning & picturesque locations. Wishing you many many such happy mile munching opportunities in your Red Mammoth.
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 13:37   #909
BHPian

Hi Guys

Just a quick update on my car delivery. Sold my VW Passat to a fellow BHP-ian before flying out for Hungary on the 20th. Returned on Saturday. My phone was robbed there so had big issues connecting with the Dealer.

The Car landed at the Stockyard on 25th July. A friend from VW went for the PDI. Couldn't check the headlamps alignment though. The Rep delayed picking up my registration docs from office. 3 days were wasted in the process. The car has gone in for Temporary Registration and by Wednesday hopefully registration should be complete.

Have added the Accessories as well : Nudge Bar Kit, Thermo-cooler, Anti-theft nuts, Puncture Repair Kit, Illuminated Scuff plates and GPS tracker.

Ordered HUD from Exploride. Deliveries start in Q3 of 2016.

I am pushing for Wednesday evening delivery so that I can take the car to 3M on Thursday morning and have the Paint Protection Film, Sunfilm, Anti-Rust, Total Car Care Package and Mats done.

Dealer was asking me to take Delivery with Temporary Registration. I firmly refused.

Might be taking the car out of town on the weekend to celebrate parents' anniversary. So fingers crossed.

Pics from the Yard Attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0004.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0005.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0007.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0008.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0009.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0010.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0011.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0014.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160731wa0012.jpg  

kimianks is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 13:44   #910

Hi everyone! After a rigorous period of research and review feedback, I have finally booked the 3.2 Ford endeavor Titanium and expecting delivery next week. The dealer confirmed receipt of the vehicle any day this week and I have asked to do a PDI when its here. Could the experts and existing owners of this forum share what specifically I should look for and also which issues can be allowed to be sorted before delivery and which are totally unacceptable?

For example, If I were to check the alignment of headlights and if there was an issue, should I demand for it to be changed before delivery, as has been done for some or leave it to them to decide the correction?
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:14   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Satya View Post
Hi everyone! After a rigorous period of research and review feedback, I have finally booked the 3.2 Ford endeavor Titanium and expecting delivery next week. The dealer confirmed receipt of the vehicle any day this week and I have asked to do a PDI when its here. Could the experts and existing owners of this forum share what specifically I should look for and also which issues can be allowed to be sorted before delivery and which are totally unacceptable?

For example, If I were to check the alignment of headlights and if there was an issue, should I demand for it to be changed before delivery, as has been done for some or leave it to them to decide the correction?
Please use the PDI checklist

Since its Titanium 3.2, please check the following:

1) Headlight alignment
2) Sun roof leakage - Spray water (using a pressure wash gun) on the roof and check from inside in case of any leakage. If there is minor leakage then it can be fixed by the technicians by adjusting the rubber beadings, but if major please do not accept the vehicle.
3) Check for bumper alignments, front and back -- actually i found its not a big issue and the alignment can be done easily by the technician, but still check.
4) Check the paint quality - check when there is sufficient light for any color difference as well as inside the hinges of the bonnet, boot. I saw one car with a paint fault so check once.

Happy driving.
sunishsamuel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 07:47   #912
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
The average fuel consumption for past 4500 kms is 9.8 kms
Thanks for the update. This is actually very good for a 3.2 5 Cyl deisel that pulls such a huge SUV.
Old 4th August 2016, 00:08   #913
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Went to Bhavna Ford Nerul for picking up my SUV. Still did it under Temporary Registration.
My sales rep's wife is taken ill and the Sales Head completed delivery formalities. Pretty mediocre the Delivery Experience to be honest.

The Sales Head said that the docs weren't ready in the morning so I had to give him a nice dressing down. He stated since I didn't deem to inform him 2 days prior, it was difficult for him to align deliveries. This statement comes just a day after he told me that he requires only 4 hours prior notice to deliver a car. I had to ask him who the Client was and the validity of his earlier claims. 15 minutes later he confirmed I could take delivery in the afternoon.

The Sales Head was running around not really knowing what was needed and what was not but the Girl from the accounts was a lot more proactive & knowledgeable about the procedure. Also discovered an old Puncture Repair Kit in my accessories so had to give the accessories guy an earful. Barring the customary photo and ribbons, no goodie bag / chocolate box ( my father is particular about such things ) specially after owning 2 VWs in the past 6 years.

The Car had a small dot of paint taken out ( probably by a pebble ) on the inside of the right side bumper. The dealer mentioned the same in the Delivery Note and promised to sort it out during First Service.

Took Car Delivery and dropped it at 3M in Santacruz for the necessary fitments. ( they require 2 full days )

The Sales Head did mention again that if I do feel something is wrong / amiss in the car I can visit the Service centre to address the same.

The Service Manager is a good friend so am relaxed about after-sales. GPS Tracker Installation & Registration is scheduled at the Service Centre on Friday evening after I pick my car up from the Folks at 3M.

Pics attached. Got my number in the evening and hopefully the plate should be fixed by tomorrow.

The GM wasn't around but I shall definitely have a word with him about the delivery experience. Just glad I got my car.

Although I didn't see any misalignment issues ( neither noticed by my Friend from VW ) I still want to double check with the members of the group here. If you could share a pic or two it would be great.

Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160803_151414-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160803_151518-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160803_170052-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160803_170113-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160803_152734-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160803_151533-2.jpg  

kimianks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 00:43   #914
BHPian

Hi congrats.

Welcome to Endy Fan club.

Thanks for the update. 2days at 3M? What's the plan chief ?

A friend of mine drove my car for 30mins and he brought a 3.2 Titanium home. He had Merc and BMW at home but after a week of driving his new machine , he has been all gaga about Endy.

I have just completed 3600 kms in 2 months and will be back on road in the coming week for long drive and the unplanned off-roading.
Shamsher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 00:49   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi congrats.

Welcome to Endy Fan club.

Thanks for the update. 2days at 3M? What's the plan chief ?

A friend of mine drove my car for 30mins and he brought a 3.2 Titanium home. He had Merc and BMW at home but after a week of driving his new machine , he has been all gaga about Endy.

I have just completed 3600 kms in 2 months and will be back on road in the coming week for long drive and the unplanned off-roading.
Thanks buddy. Mine was booked in April so was quite a wait. Going to give the GM a call tomorrow about the Delivery Experience.

Yes doing the Paint Protection Film for the whole car ( barring the roof ), 5 years Anti-Rust, Total Car Care Package, Front Windshield Sun-film. Hes doing Silencer Coating, Nomad Mats and 2 extra Interior treatments for free.

They need to 2 days for the Film. Car was taken in for a wash first then the coats post which Film is put

Last edited by kimianks : 4th August 2016 at 00:50.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks