Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 12:36   #2206
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

3000 KMs update:

After almost 3 months and 3000 KMs with the SUV, there is not much to report. I haven't faced any issues so far (touch wood). SUV was serviced at 2800 KMs and I guess it was just a car wash as I had nothing to report.

I am still glad I picked Endeavour over Fortuner.

The only notable incident is while driving back to Hyderabad from Srisailam at full load of 7 adults and 4 kids, the SUV started holding gears for much longer and probably didn’t shift past 3rd gear. I had to switch to manually shifting gears for a good 100 KMs. While I didn’t notice at that time it could be possible that one of the kids was kicking on the mode selection dial. The next day morning the SUV was back to its normal behaviour. Anyone noticed similar behaviour?

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2017 at 09:54. Reason: Language
nrahul is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th May 2017, 21:35   #2207
BHPian

Did anyone in Kerala attend the event organized by Ford ?

Sharing the video from Youtube

Another interesting video for the Endeavour fans. Liked the way it is shot.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 13th May 2017 at 21:43.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 22:20   #2208

I have confirmation from a friend of mine who works at ford, who says the new Endeavours that had arrived last month were equipped with SatNav as standard and ford is not going to charge a premium on it. Good to know that ford is taking the Fortuner competition seriously. But only whats left to see is if ford is going to activate the SatNav for existing owners with Sync 3. Fingers Crossed!!
logan2194 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 15:28   #2209
BHPian

Hi,

I have shared my complete experience with regards to stalling/shuddering issue in my 2016 Ford endeavour 3.2 AT in a separate thread. Sharing the link here, would like to feedback from fellow owners who have experienced this. Also request techinical experts to share their opinion on this issue

Link for thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4198074

PS : Got to know that few bhpians have experienced the stalling issue followed by refusing to start for 5-10 mins.
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 11:06   #2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
I have confirmation from a friend of mine who works at ford, who says the new Endeavours that had arrived last month were equipped with SatNav as standard and ford is not going to charge a premium on it. Good to know that ford is taking the Fortuner competition seriously. But only whats left to see is if ford is going to activate the SatNav for existing owners with Sync 3. Fingers Crossed!!
Can you please check with your friend whether Ford has any plans to add Keyless Go also in the near future.
Parameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 11:40   #2211
BHPian

Still there is no sign of Trend variants. I just checked again and Ford might start producing in July and August will see some deliveries. Ford lost a lot of business. Meanwhile Fortuner had a price increase which tells the story nicely. Ford is too big and not agile enough. With such a good product(s) still struggling.
Old 15th May 2017, 12:07   #2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parameswaran View Post
Can you please check with your friend whether Ford has any plans to add Keyless Go also in the near future.
I dont think ford has plans to add keyless entry unless they come out with a minor facelift. As this would mean changing the front door handles and the full key ignition system currently present. Even the Australian variants dont have keyless entry and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Still there is no sign of Trend variants. I just checked again and Ford might start producing in July and August will see some deliveries. Ford lost a lot of business. Meanwhile Fortuner had a price increase which tells the story nicely. Ford is too big and not agile enough. With such a good product(s) still struggling.
Apparently ford has stopped taking bookings for trend models due to poor demand. They have even stopped the 2.2L manual. The Only variants on sale are the 2.2L Titanium Auto and 3.2L Titanium Auto
logan2194 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 13:57   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
I dont think ford has plans to add keyless entry unless they come out with a minor facelift. As this would mean changing the front door handles and the full key ignition system currently present. Even the Australian variants dont have keyless entry and go.

Apparently ford has stopped taking bookings for trend models due to poor demand. They have even stopped the 2.2L manual. The Only variants on sale are the 2.2L Titanium Auto and 3.2L Titanium Auto
According to the sales person I was talking to said that trend will be available July onwards. He was confident that the deliveries will be in August. But I am skeptical to put my advance.
Old 15th May 2017, 14:19   #2214

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
According to the sales person I was talking to said that trend will be available July onwards. He was confident that the deliveries will be in August. But I am skeptical to put my advance.
I wouldn't advise you to confirm as my friend who is a sales advisor at the Goa showroom has told me today itself that they have stopped taking bookings for Trend models.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th May 2017 at 15:13. Reason: No SMS language please. u=You
logan2194 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 18:14   #2215
BHPian

Am I missing something here? Between Trend and a Titanium I don't see big and critically missing equipments other than the 6 air bags and better interior. What else is different.
Old 15th May 2017, 18:46   #2216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am I missing something here? Between Trend and a Titanium I don't see big and critically missing equipments other than the 6 air bags and better interior. What else is different.
Please go through this thread completely and you should find answer.
Old 15th May 2017, 18:55   #2217
BHPian

Hello,
Finally the wait is over. My all New Ford Endeavour has been arrived one day before my Baby's Birthday.

I must thank to all TBhp members who helped me in finalizing my decision. I started with XUV AT > Hexa XTA > Trend 2.2 AT > Titanium 2.2 AT > Titanium 3.2 AT.

I was looking for an AT SUV this time and had plenty of options but the major concern was to upgrade from Safari. Drove around 140k kms happily in 6 years and the comfort and road presence is unmatched. Hence my primary requirement was to have a butch looking huge SUV as I don't have any problem with size and dimensions. My philosophy is when trucks and buses use the same road we can also commute anywhere anytime in SUV's. I never faced any challenges so far with Safari be it on highways, city or market areas. Stay calm drive slow and safe that is my style of driving.

Checked below options thoroughly before finalizing my decision.

1. Hexa XTA - I was in love with this car and as soon as I joined TBhp I followed the Hexa thread sincerely. It was within my budget and ticked almost all boxes. I test drove Hexa's both XT 4x4 and XTA variants and was quite impressed with the later. I am also a happy customer of Tata so no problem with the brand itself. But then what stopped me from buying it? It was the MUVish looks and at the same time I didn't found it to be an upgrade from Safari. I must say it is the best vehicle from Tata and is far better than its competition. So Hexa was dropped purely on the basis of looks.

2. Mahindra XUV - I considered XUV till Hexa was launched as it was having AT option with long list of features. But I didn't like the design at all and moreover it again is not a proper SUV. The new model is overdone doesn't like the DRL's and too much chrome everywhere. Dropped as interiors are cheap and design doesn't impressed me.

3. Toyota Fortuner - This was my dream car before the new model and new Endeavour was launched and I wished owning one whenever I saw it on road. But when I checked the new variant with family my all dreams were shattered. The black interiors looks cheap in comparison to Endeavour or even my 6 year old Safari. And the pathetic brown patches on doors and brown seat covers were a big let down. Basically I don't have any problem with car itself but the hefty price tag for such a product is not justified by so called T-Badge. I even checked few external markets where I found Fortuner to be much cheaper than Endeavour. So basically Toyota is looting indian customers with so called reliabilty. Dropped due to cheap interiors,plastics and VFM factor.

5. Ford Endeavour - I initially planned for Trend variant but due to unavailability of Trend models and lack of features I shifted towards Titanium. Then I have to decide between 3.2 vs 2.2 and it was quite difficult as I never wanted the 4x4 feature but the Sunroof and Electric folding 3rd row were too tempting. Hence I went with 3.2 Titanium variant the fully loaded model in white colour. Endeavour looks really menacing from front the huge bonnet and hexagonal chrome grill looks awesome.

Delivery process hardly took 30 minutes. Thanks to Delhi's hot weather for not allowing us to check out things in broad daylight. It was impossible to stand outside without AC

Attaching pics at the time of delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_111830.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_112404.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_113255.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_113309.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_113325.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_113448.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_124032.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_124046.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 15th May 2017 at 18:59.
roby_dk is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 19:17   #2218
BHPian

Congrats Roby. Wish you many many miles of happy driving. Did you get any discounts? Also does the new 3.2 version now come with both SYNC3 and navigation both? Thanks!
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 20:14   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Congrats Roby. Wish you many many miles of happy driving. Did you get any discounts? Also does the new 3.2 version now come with both SYNC3 and navigation both? Thanks!
Thanks a lot. On road price delhi is 36.5L with discount of around 1L. Mine is the latest one with Sync3 and inbuilt navigation.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 20:41   #2220
BHPian

Does anyone know what is going on with Lathangi Ford Bangalore? I had sent my old Endeavour for a paid service to their Bannerghatta service center and was told that there is an "issue" and they don't have stock of basic parts and consumables. Have raised this with Ford, but they are yet to solve anything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks