Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 09:27   #2341
BHPian

Ford cuts down on Endeavour variants

The Endeavour low sales seems to be the reason Ford is cutting down on the variants. From what i understand Ford is testing a facelift of the Endeavour abroad.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ts-405185.aspx
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 12:21   #2342
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Just curious about the registration time of diesel vehicles in Delhi/NCR. I checked by sending SMS to the VAAHAN number mentioned in our forum and to my surprise expiry date is after 15 years only. I thought it was changed to 10 years. I have not received my RC yet but dealer told me the number punched for my car by Delhi RTO. What should be the RC/FC Expiry date for Endeavour?
Old 22nd June 2017, 00:36   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Just curious about the registration time of diesel vehicles in Delhi/NCR. I checked by sending SMS to the VAAHAN number mentioned in our forum and to my surprise expiry date is after 15 years only. I thought it was changed to 10 years. I have not received my RC yet but dealer told me the number punched for my car by Delhi RTO. What should be the RC/FC Expiry date for Endeavour?

The RC Card of my Brezza registered in Gurgaon in the month of July 2016 is valid for 15 years. Not sure about Delhi RTO though. Will check with my Uncle who has an Endy registered in Gurgaon recently about the validity of his RC and let you know.

The Central Government had challenged the order of National Green Tribunal which banned plying of 10 years and older Diesel Vehicles sometime in January 2017. The appeal seems to be pending in Supreme Court.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 01:51   #2344
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
The RC Card of my Brezza registered in Gurgaon in the month of July 2016 is valid for 15 years. Not sure about Delhi RTO though. Will check with my Uncle who has an Endy registered in Gurgaon recently about the validity of his RC and let you know.

The Central Government had challenged the order of National Green Tribunal which banned plying of 10 years and older Diesel Vehicles sometime in January 2017. The appeal seems to be pending in Supreme Court.
The reason why I am a bit curious is at the time of purchasing I checked this with 3-4 dealers and all of them told the registration for diesel in Delhi/NCR is having validity of 10 years. They were quite confident on this hence I had a strong feeling that now all diesel ply under this policy. Moreover my hdfc banker also confirmed the same that if you need 15 years validity you need to register approx 100-130 kms away from Delhi.

Any owner from Delhi/NCR who took delivery recently can confirm on this point.
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:52   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post

Any owner from Delhi/NCR who took delivery recently can confirm on this point.

My Ford Endeavour registered at Noida has RC and tax valid till 2032, which means its 15 years.
Same rules applies through out the NCR.
The Supreme court ruling is not yet implemented as Centre has appealed against it.

Last edited by Wanderers : 22nd June 2017 at 11:53.
Wanderers is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:46   #2346
BHPian

Hi,

I'm about to complete 10,000 kms on my 3.2 and wanted to check on a few things from owners who've already been through this stage:

1. Should I stick to the cheaper Ford-supplied synthetic blend or opt to buy my own 5W30/10W40 fully synthetic from a reputed brand?
2. Any specific brand that has worked well for anyone here and what exactly are the perceived benefits over the 'feel-good factor' or running fully synthetic?
3. I'm torn between running the car through the service before or after a drive through Spiti next month. The Service Advisor assured me that a few (up to 1200) kms over the 10k odo will not matter on warranty, but I fear that it would be nicer to have a 'cleaner' engine on the way up through that terrain. Any intel on that?

My past cars have always run on fully synthetic, regardless of factory specs. But I've also heard good things about the Ford blend and frankly, a heavy motor like this one may be an overkill with wallet-smashing full-synths if the Motocraft is really as good as they say it is. But still, experience from slightly older mileage owners would be precious.

Thanks!
Old 24th June 2017, 07:11   #2347

Hi, Good morning.

If I were to be you, I'll complete the service before the specified limit (10K in this case.) God forbid, if any warranty claim arises, the manufacturer should not have a ready excuse to deny it, stating that the service was not carried out as per its specifications.

2) I'd stick to Ford's recommended Oils / Lubricants, till I complete the warranty run / period.

Good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
Hi,

I'm about to complete 10,000 kms on my 3.2 and wanted to check on a few things from owners who've already been through this stage:

1. Should I stick to the cheaper Ford-supplied synthetic blend or opt to buy my own 5W30/10W40 fully synthetic from a reputed brand?
2. Any specific brand that has worked well for anyone here and what exactly are the perceived benefits over the 'feel-good factor' or running fully synthetic?
3. I'm torn between running the car through the service before or after a drive through Spiti next month. The Service Advisor assured me that a few (up to 1200) kms over the 10k odo will not matter on warranty, but I fear that it would be nicer to have a 'cleaner' engine on the way up through that terrain. Any intel on that?

My past cars have always run on fully synthetic, regardless of factory specs. But I've also heard good things about the Ford blend and frankly, a heavy motor like this one may be an overkill with wallet-smashing full-synths if the Motocraft is really as good as they say it is. But still, experience from slightly older mileage owners would be precious.

Thanks!
ykamesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 10:19   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
It seems this ad is shown on TV for the past few weeks but I saw it today for the first time. The Bootlid mounted spare wheel looks really nice. Gives an awesome look to the car.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ivwUWqOaexw

From the screen grab it looks like a bracket that's mounted from the bottom. Any idea where to find these ?
Its simply photoshopped. I, in fact, laughed at the poor job the did. Even Ecosport would be larger to Kholi. See the proportion. :-) MRF should be careful on this or Ford should point that out to MRF.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 13:44   #2349
BHPian

So I am someone who had booked an Endeavour 3 months back only to cancel when the GST rates were announced. And now I face decision time again in a weeks time when GST becomes a reality. But now I find my selves at crossroad again. With the murmur about Ford quitting India, I am in a dilemma again - Endeavour or Fortuner. And this is largely due to the absolutely horrible service experience (and equally wonderful driving experience) with my Volkswagen Vento. And I absolutely dread being in a scenario a year or two down the line if Ford does decide to quit and the service centre has no incentive to serve me. With a week to make a decision, I can sense it's going to go down the wire and it can now swing either way...
Old 27th June 2017, 09:49   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
So I am someone who had booked an Endeavour 3 months back only to cancel when the GST rates were announced...... ...With the murmur about Ford quitting India, I am in a dilemma again
I would suggest you to buy a Fortuner post GST.
Peace of mind is more important than the car you drive.
But I love living on edge and hence bought Endeavour pre-GST.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th June 2017 at 09:50.
Old 27th June 2017, 10:04   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza
With the murmur about Ford quitting India---And I absolutely dread being in a scenario a year or two down the line if Ford does decide to quit and the service centre has no incentive to serve me.
That is a worrying rumour. I happen to be a ford owner with a 3 months old Aspire.

Though it is a rumour as you put it, but what is the source of information ?

I did run some Google Search but nothing came out on this issue.
Old 27th June 2017, 10:27   #2352
BANNED

Quote:
But now I find my selves at crossroad again. With the murmur about Ford quitting India, I am in a dilemma again - Endeavour or Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
That is a worrying rumour. I happen to be a ford owner with a 3 months old Aspire
Ford and GM are two completely different Cos' in their approach towards India and there is no way Ford is quitting India anytime soon. GM was confused in in its product offerings and line up and a lack of commitment was clearly seen after the Cruze.

Ford on the other hand has been very serious and focussed on India across all its products so far and has tasted good amounts of success with the Ecosport and the Figo/Fiesta twins. They have clear plans laid out for the next 2-3 years and with an Indian (Anurag) at the helm, they are in for the long haul.

PS: Even Fiat ain't quitting but that is for different reasons.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 11:39   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
So I am someone who had booked an Endeavour 3 months back only to cancel when the GST rates were announced. And now I face decision time again in a weeks time when GST becomes a reality. But now I find my selves at crossroad again. With the murmur about Ford quitting India, I am in a dilemma again - Endeavour or Fortuner. And this is largely due to the absolutely horrible service experience (and equally wonderful driving experience) with my Volkswagen Vento. And I absolutely dread being in a scenario a year or two down the line if Ford does decide to quit and the service centre has no incentive to serve me. With a week to make a decision, I can sense it's going to go down the wire and it can now swing either way...
I test drove both the Fortuner and Endeavour back to back over the weekend. Endeavour felt a much better SUV overall. Better engine, better in-city drivebility, better ride, more premium feeling interiors, expansive feature list including a sunroof that passengers would actually love using. Ofcourse, these is my opinion, but if it were me, I would have gone ahead with the Endeavour.
Keep us posted on your decision.
Old 27th June 2017, 11:56   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
That is a worrying rumour. I happen to be a ford owner with a 3 months old Aspire.

Though it is a rumour as you put it, but what is the source of information ?

I did run some Google Search but nothing came out on this issue.
Here is the source:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/b...kett.html?_r=0
Old 27th June 2017, 13:22   #2355
BHPian

Here is another story of recent vintage: https://www.ajot.com/news/ford-to-sa...a-not-mexico-2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks