Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 19:24   #1576
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
I did speak with Future Generali directly, and seems they don't offer cover for this car in Mumbai directly....only through Ford.
This is actually surprising, to say the least. Have you tried aggregator portals like policybazaar?

Quote:
What say?

I remember someone in the group had taken an HDFC cover. Not sure who it was. Were you okay with no cashless facility?
I do not think that the cashless facility alone, at the cost of limited number of claims is worth 9k extra.

The settlement of most insurance claims these days is pretty fast because the surveyors and advisors have their performance mapped to the number of cases they close.

I'd settle for HDFC over FG given the current conditions.

BTW, I did a quick search on policy bazaar and here is the quote for your vehicle: -
Base Cover

Basic Own Damage Premium32,764
Third Party Property Damage7,089
Owner Driver Cover115
Discounts

No-Claim Bonus0
Addons & Accessories

Zero Depreciation10,026

This adds up to 49,993.00 as per the portal.

You might want to check.

Last edited by n.devdath : 4th January 2017 at 19:30.
Old 4th January 2017, 19:36   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need opinion on insurance from the group (2.2 Trend 4X4 MT):

Option 1: Take insurance from the dealer. After much discussion, this is the best offer

Premium: Rs. 67,000
Insurer: Future Generali
Advantage: Cashless cover at Ford Service Centres
Disadvantage: Not sure about quality of service of Future Generali (but does it matter if it is cashless?). Also, zero dep claims limited to max 2 a year
Future generali has been completely amazing for me, They have always swiftly covered my claims from pretty low amount and also upto 2,50,000 ! I always prefer them, Why don't you buy future generali from outside? Avoid getting it from dealer, It will save you 10-20k easily!

Quote:
Premium 58,500
Insurer: HDFC
Advantage: Lower premium, unlimited zero dep claims (for stuff like windshield etc), better insurer (I think)
Disadvantage: No cashless facility with Ford. So I will have to pay and claim later

Both plans are Zero Dep + Engine Protect + NCB Protection (+ other features like key replacement etc)

Please advise....
HDFC has to be the worst i have faced, Not only me even a couple of friends have had troubled getting their claim done smoothly, Also many VW and mahindra service centres don't entertain their cashless facility just because there have been lot of issues with the claim and eventually it would be a mixup of the service centre, Insurance company and the customer, My recent encounter with HDFC was about 6 months back when they denied to cover a long dent which was passing from the rear bumper of my car to the rear door, Saying it "looked" Deliberate! And they covered only the bumper! even though i had the zero depreciation policy!
Old 4th January 2017, 21:51   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

This adds up to 49,993.00 as per the portal.

You might want to check.
Thanks Dev. Which insurer is this? On Future Generali, I tried getting a quote from their website, it showed an error. Then called them. After taking all details they checked and replied back saying they don't provide insurance for Endeavour in retail. Only through the dealer. Confirmed a second time with them on a separate call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Future generali has been completely amazing for me, They have always swiftly covered my claims from pretty low amount and also upto 2,50,000 ! I always prefer them, Why don't you buy future generali from outside? Avoid getting it from dealer, It will save you 10-20k easily!
Thanks Tanveer. They don't provide insurance for the Endy 'in retail'. i.e. I can ONLY take it from the dealer. Maybe thats the arrangement Ford has managed to get from them, in return for inclusion in the panel. Being a smaller insurer than, say HDFC, they would've agreed....

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 4th January 2017 at 23:06. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of creating successive posts within a short interval.
Old 4th January 2017, 22:21   #1579
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Dev. Which insurer is this?
This is HDFC, and if I were you, I'd take it.

BTW, which color are you buying?
Old 4th January 2017, 22:49   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is HDFC, and if I were you, I'd take it.

BTW, which color are you buying?
Grey !! Perhaps the first grey on the group :-)
Old 4th January 2017, 22:54   #1581
BANNED

Quote:
Grey !! Perhaps the first grey on the group :-)
Ah, thats different. Also, I find it difficult to buy an MT at this price range. What convinced you on it?
Old 4th January 2017, 23:33   #1582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
they don't provide insurance for Endeavour in retail. Only through the dealer.
FORD has an online portal where you can book Insurance from different providers. Sit with your SA/ Manager at the dealership and show him costs of 2-3 different companies. All give almost same benefits and you can save some money by picking lowest. I have paid about 72000 which includes Zero Dep from Ford Dealership for 3,2 Titanium.
Old 5th January 2017, 00:31   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
FORD has an online portal where you can book Insurance from different providers. Sit with your SA/ Manager at the dealership and show him costs of 2-3 different companies. All give almost same benefits and you can save some money by picking lowest. I have paid about 72000 which includes Zero Dep from Ford Dealership for 3,2 Titanium.
Which insurer did you go with?

Mostly because i will be predominantly chauffeur driven. Then, the choice was between a 4X2 automatic or a 4X4 manual. Since I wouldn't be driving as much, 4X4 was a more useful feature (e.g. during steep climbs with car fully loaded with passengers and carrier loaded with luggage) than automatic. Of course, if money was no object, the top of the line 4X4 Auto would've been the obvious choice :-)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th January 2017 at 01:00. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use the edit option when replying within 30mins. Thanks,
Old 5th January 2017, 15:54   #1584
BHPian

I did the test drive of 2.2L 4x2 AT Trend Endy yesterday. The quality of interiors and the drive quality and manouverability in city traffic is pretty impressive for a vehicle of this size. Ford offered discounts in December and sales guy (from Bhavna Ford) said that it is likely to be carried forward (he will share updated price list in a day or two) for bookings in Jan 2017. But looking at his anxiousness to push-sell the Trend model, I guess there is extra stock lying (either at the dealership or at the factory) and they are doing a clean-up act. The New Fortuner may caused a pile-up too
I have never had a great service with Ford for all the 7 years I've had the Fiesta with me. Almost all the time, it took an average of 2 trips to fix minor issues mentioned during servicing (the last time, my Fiesta overheated and spewed steam while returning back from service center). This experience spans multiple dealers/service-centers in Mumbai in Pune. So I'm not sure if I'd again want to endure the pains by going with a Ford again
Old 5th January 2017, 19:30   #1585
BHPian

Folks...sorry for the frequent posts. I have just hopped on to the Endeavour bandwagon recently, and hence all the questions.

So, I got the VIN number today and hoping for delivery in the next few days. Will post in detail at that time, ofcourse.

MAJAXXMRWAGD29040

Hmmm....July 2016, yes?

(1) Is that a bad thing?
(2) What else can the VIN tell me?

Last edited by JeepSomeday : 5th January 2017 at 19:41.
Old 5th January 2017, 19:46   #1586
BANNED

Quote:
For now, what does this VIN mean? I guess we cant access the etis.ford.com utility, right?

MAJAXXMRWAGD29040
Here's what I got when I checked on Etis Ford

Everest 2015, 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma, Smoke (Metallic)

VIN Number: MAJAXXMRWAGD29040

Primary Features

Date: 23.07.2016
Vehicle Line: Everest 2015
Cab Style: 5 Door
Series: XLT Series
Engine: 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Transmission-MT82
Drive: RHD 4WD (FTD)
Axle Ratio: 3.55
Emission: Bharat 4
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Smoke (Metallic)
Interior Colour: Honey Gold
Interior Fabric: Soho

I'll send you the complete information by PM

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th January 2017 at 19:49.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 20:46   #1587
BHPian

http://m.overdrive.in/features/off-r...n-philippines/

Off-roading with the new Ford Endeavour in Philippines
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 20:58   #1588
BHPian

So I finally got the truck home yesterday.Its a 3.2 titanium,September built with sync 3 enabled.Will post more pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg  

kedarwalke is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 21:09   #1589
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which insurer did you go with?
It's either New India or National, I am away so won't know exactly but this was booked via FORD portal that dealers use. It's online so prices should be same just that Dealers choose the most expensive one and do ask your SA to put maximum discount.

Quote:
Ford offered discounts in December and sales guy (from Bhavna Ford) said that it is likely to be carried forward
so they still have 2016 models left or discounts are on 2017 as well?

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'd again want to endure the pains by going with a Ford again
Ford is a big company, don't you think they would have closed by now if they produced such bad stuff or do they always find new guys who have no past experience with FORD, I gave my new Endeavour to my colleague who had used his Ford Figo for over 4 years and had done close to 1 ,5 Lac Km. and was using Innova for past 3 years. Since he drives mostly, new Innova was out of the question. I bought another Endeavour after I sold my V Cross, I am sure Isuzu is more like Toyota. Of course we can't change the general behaviour or attitude of a particular dealership and there are good dealers & some average or bad across every brand just that companies like Toyota/ Maruti exercise better controls on all dealers besides their stakes are higher than say a FORD Dealers. I am not much aware of Fiesta that you are referring to but Endeavour is a Global product and is more value over say Fortuner / Innova but if you want complete peace of mind then stick with Toyota, don't bother on missing features and high prices.

Quote:
July 2016, yes?

(1) Is that a bad thing?
No way, think all CBU from US or Germany takes at least 2 months in transit + holding time. You can decode a lot of things from VIN but apart from manufacturing date I don't think anything will be useful since this is a CKFD model and all features/specs are standard.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th January 2017 at 21:15.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 09:08   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
So I finally got the truck home yesterday.Its a 3.2 titanium,September built with sync 3 enabled.Will post more pictures soon.
Congratulations Kedar, on the beast. Looks amazing, drives even better.

The only thing that gets me still, is how 'negligent' Ford is about a glaring build/quality issue. I can spot the front bumper misalignment in this pic. Every new truck I saw in the showroom a few days back when I'd taken mine in for a job had the issue albeit to varying levels of misalignment. This is obviously an issue with the ODM that Ford has for the 'plastic' bumper. I guess the mold is a few millimeters off. Should have been rectified by now, these many months into the models life.

We need to get together and escalate this really high up within Ford. Hurts aesthetics, will hurt resale.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks