Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 21:02   #1921
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Did any one get to watch this?
One faux pas. They mention Fortuner as 3.0 Liter in the video

Last edited by aah78 : 20th March 2017 at 21:12. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 20th March 2017, 21:46   #1922
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Did any one get to watch this?
Here you go.

And they came back by pleasing both the OEMs once again.
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 23:16   #1923
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
One faux pas. They mention Fortuner as 3.0 Liter in the video
And.. they missed out the presence of a "Normal Mode"..
Old 20th March 2017, 23:35   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Here you go.

Can't agree more. Both are winners here.

Doubts:

- Wasn't the snow chain supposed to give better traction while plowing snow ?
- Wouldn't the 4x4 Low help get some traction in that kind of snow plowing ? I am sure there are some techniques that can help get the car out. I am asking this because once i was stuck in deep sand and came out without issues using 4x4 Low. Agree the terrains are different but the one i got stuck wasn't an easy one to be.
Old 21st March 2017, 08:42   #1925
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Doubts:

- Wasn't the snow chain supposed to give better traction while plowing snow ?
- Wouldn't the 4x4 Low help get some traction in that kind of snow plowing ? I am sure there are some techniques that can help get the car out. I am asking this because once i was stuck in deep sand and came out without issues using 4x4 Low. Agree the terrains are different but the one i got stuck wasn't an easy one to be.
1. Yes.
2. Indeed. I dont think he even engaged 4wd Low on the Endy. 4L coupled with the chains and the rear diff lock would have taken it way ahead of the Fortuner without doubt.

Here is what can be done with the right driver at the wheel and soft snow, even without the rear diff lock and TC.

Last edited by n.devdath : 21st March 2017 at 08:56.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 09:53   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Why I ended up with Ford Endeavour

I would like to share my car selection process here. Hopefully any potential buyers might find this useful.....

Wow! Great selection process and good insights for the potential buyer. thanks for the write up!
Curious to know why you didn't consider TATA Hexa?

I am also in the same boat as you with thoughts to go for a feature rich, very comfortable SUV .. Actually, I need a SUV or sort of SUV with high ground clearance but I do not essentially need a 7 seater. Hence, Hyundai Tuscon is also in the reckoning. My commute will be primarily to office in the peak Bangalore traffic with may be 4-5 long highway drives per year.
Old 21st March 2017, 10:28   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Almost one year back in Feb-2016, as our 2010 Corolla Altis started aging gracefully, I got strong urge for upgrade. [/list]
Congrats Rahul .. Is it the 3.2 TITANIUM?
Old 21st March 2017, 20:14   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Congrats Rahul .. Is it the 3.2 TITANIUM?
Yes, it's 3.2 titanium. Since i needed 6-7 airbags and sunroof, there was no option. After using it for a month now, I think the SYNC3 is also huge plus.
nrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 08:00   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Here you go.

In the Overdrive magazine, the winner is Endeavor with 4.5 stars compared to 4 stars of Fortuner. The reasons they were giving .
  1. Value for money
  2. More features
  3. NVH level
  4. Quality of interiors

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd March 2017 at 15:31. Reason: Avoid Quoting youtube video for replies, affects readability. Thanks.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:23   #1930
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
  1. Value for money
  2. More features
  3. NVH level
  4. Quality of interiors
These people try so hard to be politically correct...!!!

They avoided key advantages like ride comfort, handling and most of all, Land Rover inspired Terrain Management System with a rear differential lock, which is the biggest highlight of the Endy over the Fortuner which still makes do with an antiquated 2H/4H/4L switch and open differentials.
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:26   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Yes, it's 3.2 titanium. Since i needed 6-7 airbags and sunroof, there was no option. After using it for a month now, I think the SYNC3 is also huge plus.
Thanks Rahul. I am also planning to go for 3.2 TITANIUM. Bulk of my driving would be for commute to office in peak Bangalore traffic with may be 4-5 long highway drives in a year.
1) What is the current mileage you are getting in city traffic?
2) You mentioned SYNC3 is a huge plus. What exactly has improved? Do you use Android phone? I guess issues with iphone still remain; especially the maps as iphone does not support google maps for CarPlay yet.
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:30   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Good to hear and great analysis. Which color did you chose? Wishing you happy miles with the Ford.
Thank you. Color is Sunset red. Did the PDI, everything looks good. Now need to wait till I get this thing in my hands after registration.

Quote:
Wow! Great selection process and good insights for the potential buyer. thanks for the write up!
Curious to know why you didn't consider TATA Hexa?

I am also in the same boat as you with thoughts to go for a feature rich, very comfortable SUV .. Actually, I need a SUV or sort of SUV with high ground clearance but I do not essentially need a 7 seater. Hence, Hyundai Tuscon is also in the reckoning. My commute will be primarily to office in the peak Bangalore traffic with may be 4-5 long highway drives per year.
Thank you appreciate your feedback. I decided to 'bypass' the Hexa due to couple of reasons

1) TATA has been a pioneer in many segments. Some examples like Ace, Mobile, Estate, Nano, Aria etc. But they could never hang on to the huge ground swell of customer acceptance. Many of their vehicles are either out of favor or loosing market share. So I will have to do a 8-12 month 'wait and watch' approach with Hexa, just to make sure that, it is not another Aria.

2) Brand pull or lack of it. What will my mother think?

Having said these, I am in mechanical engineering field and in one which is like a close parallel to automotive. I get to talk to a lot of common suppliers, ex-TATA employees etc. So I guess I have a good insight. To generalize, recently there has been some significant improvements in Tata motors, especially under ex-Chairman Cyrus Mistry. A lot of clean up happened and quality was a big focus. So it does appear to be in the right direction. Hexa is probably the best engineered vehicle from TATA Motors. Lot of learning introduced from JLR, and a very serious intent to launch a really good product with good service. But I do know some areas they really need to improve, which I am not mentioning here. One has to definitely appreciate the good attempt.

Considering everything, my suggestion is that if you are planning on Hexa, then please give it a good 8-12 months wait, assuming you can wait that long. But definitely go for the automatic.
If you are ok to wait for 5-6 months, then also check out the Pajero sport, which is a higher price bracket, but proven worldwide. It is basically a 5 seater, but now issued with 7 seats. If they launch a 5-seat version, which you are interested, nothing to beat that one. But again go for the automatic.

Both Hexa and Pajero are value for money in their own price bracket.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 22nd March 2017 at 15:36.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:57   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post

Thank you appreciate your feedback. I decided to 'bypass' the Hexa due to couple of reasons

But I do know some areas they really need to improve, which I am not mentioning here.
Both Hexa and Pajero are value for money in their own price bracket.

Curious why you would not let us know ?
Many of us on the forum could be making a buy decision. I would be nice if you can share with us the areas of improvement you have privy to.
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:17   #1934
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Curious why you would not let us know ?

Many of us on the forum could be making a buy decision. I would be nice if you can share with us the areas of improvement you have privy to.

Their warranty agreements with certain key suppliers for example Cummins turbo. The agreement is like a vollyball match. Pass the ball around and smash it to supplier side. The other side plays it again and smashes it back to OEM's court. All this while the customer is at a loss. Neither takes responsibility. Why directly expose the customer to tier1 supplier.

Testing: in most OEMs, when it takes 2 engineers to test one module or subsystem, it takes 10 to test in TATA. A semi public sector attitude.

Again if you are considering Hexa, try wait and watch.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 22nd March 2017 at 17:30.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:36   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
1) What is the current mileage you are getting in city traffic?
Its just 1000KMs now, so it may be bit early to comment on the mileage but still I am getting 8-9KM/L in city and 11.5KM/L on highways. This is measured by MID.

Quote:
2) You mentioned SYNC3 is a huge plus. What exactly has improved? Do you use Android phone? I guess issues with iphone still remain; especially the maps as iphone does not support google maps for CarPlay yet.
I mostly use ICE for maps, music and podcasts and SYNC3 with Android Auto is so much simpler to use. Its completely hands free experience. You don't even have to press the mic-button. Just say "OK Google" and say whatever you want to play.

Also, even without Android, the device is much more response and UI is less cluttered compared to SYNC2 systems.

I was using iPhone but switched to Android (Pixel) to get the maps on SYNC3 as maps is must have for me. Yes, CarPlay doesn't support maps in India. Also, the app support is limited. For example, one of my key app "Ganna" for Indian music is not supported on CarPlay yet but it is supported on Android Auto.

HTH
nrahul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks