Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2017, 18:32   #1996
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Ford is 1.5 lakhs cheaper. Moreover it has better steering, well suited for heavy traffic. If you will be driving mostly in town, go for Ford. For highways, Toyota is much better.
I guess the difference is 2 lakhs. Driving will be purely city no off road excursions. Highway drive will be once or twice in a year to hill stations near Delhi. I personally don't like the brown interior colour of fortuner and prefer beige over black any day despite of its maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
No as it would require re-routing the AC vents to make opening for sun-roof. Just take a vote count on Team-BHP to find how many of us really open sun-roof after the initial charm of having bought the vehicle with sun-roof.
Oh then better to live without it. I think a small sunroof like Hexa can be fitted without any problems anytime.

One last query 3.2 Trend(33L) or 2.2 Titanium(33.5L)?

Last edited by roby_dk : 5th April 2017 at 18:35.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 19:43   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Highway drive will be once or twice in a year to hill stations near Delhi.

You have answered it yourself. Since your highway drive is limited, please go with 2.2L Titanium.

Also after sometime, you would start missing the additional features of Titanium, if you buy take a trend now.
Old 6th April 2017, 12:31   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Depends on what you value more in your drive I guess. For more city drive, the larger engine may not make sense and the 2.2 will also offer greater fuel efficiency to boot. However, if I was making the choice, I would go for the 3.2 everytime! But then - that's just me.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 12:41   #1999
BHPian

Quote:

Oh then better to live without it. I think a small sunroof like Hexa can be fitted without any problems anytime. One last query 3.2 Trend(33L) or 2.2 Titanium(33.5L)?
I would go for 2.2 just for that extra 4 air bags among other niceties. You will not regret! The interior is nice in Titanium.

You might feel a bit underpowered with 2.2 in those occasional highway trips with full passenger and climbing up in ghat sections. 3.2 mill is a relaxed one with lots of grunt and it is one of the biggest in terms of cc in this range. Doing 140kmph will be very relaxed, overtaking will be less of an effort. In 2.2, you need to prepare well in advance. But, if you drive 2.2 for sometime you might learn to adapt to its power delivery and you might enjoy the highway cruising as well (how you reach 120 and above and staying there is the key to have smooth ride and better FE). 2.2 is a spirited engine, feels very lively in those city run abouts.

Sync 3 is another advantage with 2.2 Titanium. If possible go for the 2017 make in which they 'might' have solved few niggles that came in the initial lots (audio system/Sync, head light issue etc). Other than this, I don't see any other big advantages between Trend & Titanium.

For me 2.2 Titanium all the way if the price is not a factor and you are not keen about Fortuner MT!
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 13:27   #2000
BHPian

Lot of confusion here. Yesterday my wife called her hdfc relationship manager inquiring about the loan procedure. He asked for the car name and variant to which she told it to be 2.2 Endeavour Titanium variant.

The stupid on the other side told this model doesn't have sunroof mam and neither it has powered seats + 4x4. Further he advised her that everyone is going for 3.2 Titanium. Now we are thinking that even after spending 33L we are missing few things. Sunroof as many said is not a big feature and rarely used but she feels it to be mandatory since it is present in so many cars like city, xuv, hexa etc.

Problem with 3.2 is I feel it will drastically suffer on fuel economy vs 2.2. Not sure about the exact figures but I read 5-6kmpl somewhere in this thread. I expect atleast 10-11 figure since it will be the only car with us after selling Safari. Mind says 2.2 heart says 3.2.

Money is not the matter now as 3.2 will hardly require 3-4L more and this figure is too small if we compare it with 33L so just putting some extra efforts before finalising my decision.
Old 6th April 2017, 15:08   #2001
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The stupid on the other side told this model doesn't have sunroof mam
I think we need to be little respectful to others who have limited knowledge due to any reasons, on the contrary, I feel good for the Bank guy who suggested you an alternate even though it's not his work perhaps he is also an auto enthusiast like us. In addition, he is correct, 2,2 Titanium does not have a sunroof, only 3,2 Titanium will have.

Quote:
Not sure about the exact figures but I read 5-6kmpl somewhere in this thread. I expect atleast 10-11 figure since it will be the only car with us after selling Safari.
Please do post the link where you read 5-6 Kmpl. I don't think anyone is getting less than 8. But if you are expecting 10-11 then look at Fortuner, I am not sure if 2,2 can consistently deliver this.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th April 2017 at 15:12.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:08   #2002
BHPian

Ford India revised the prices of Endeavour.
2.2l 4X2 AT Titanium 29,18,976
2.2l 4X2 AT Trend 27,16,439
2.2l 4X4 MT Trend 27,39,848
3.2l 4X4 AT Titanium 32,12,096
3.2l 4X4 AT Trend 28,46,714

Ex.Show room Chennai
Onyx Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:38   #2003
BHPian

That is a bummer for folks like me waiting for 2017 Trend 2x2 :-(

Model Old Price New Price Difference
2.2l 4X2 AT Titanium INR 2,849,000 INR 2,918,976 INR 69,976
2.2l 4X2 AT Trend INR 2,428,000 INR 2,716,439 INR 288,439
2.2l 4X4 MT Trend INR 2,716,000 INR 2,739,848 INR 23,848
3.2l 4X4 AT Titanium INR 3,150,000 INR 3,212,096 INR 62,096
3.2l 4X4 AT Trend INR 2,823,000 INR 2,846,714 INR 23,714
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-capture.jpg  

Last edited by sgmuser : 6th April 2017 at 16:40.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 18:14   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I think we need to be little respectful to others who have limited knowledge due to any reasons
That was a bit sarcastic. I mean my wife doesn't know anything about 2.2 or 3.2 but he created a confusion in her mind. Now it is again difficult for me to make her understand pros n cons between them. I am ok with 2.2 but she is more inclibed towards the fancy features like sunroof and electric 3rd row seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Please do post the link where you read 5-6 Kmpl. I don't think anyone is getting less than 8. But if you are expecting 10-11 then look at Fortuner, I am not sure if 2,2 can consistently deliver this.
I think the one who got the first endeavour in our forum mentioned mileage as low as 5-6 in one of his post.
Name : dockap , #336, 20-3-2016 . Kindly check this post.

BTW I went today to check out Endeavour to Harpreet ford with my friends. Although the car was not available for TD but I checked the new prices. There is a price hike on all models, 2.2 titanium is now 34.9L and 3.2 titanium is 38.5L Delhi.
I think I should wait for GST now.
Old 6th April 2017, 18:29   #2005
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....this model doesn't have sunroof mam and neither it has powered seats + 4x4.....
Given your primary requirements, you'll be paying for a feature you'd rarely use (sunroof) and extra grunt you don't need in-city (plus the added hit on running costs).

Vanity features (sunroofs & powered seats) are a subjective choice so there's no real argument one way or another but you'll end up paying more for the 3.2, both upfront and in running costs, while actually not utilizing features that cost you the extra dosh.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 10:35   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Lot of confusion here. Yesterday my wife called her hdfc relationship manager inquiring about the loan procedure. He asked for the car name and variant to which she told it to be 2.2 Endeavour Titanium variant.

The stupid on the other side told this model doesn't have sunroof mam and neither it has powered seats + 4x4. Further he advised her that everyone is going for 3.2 Titanium. Now we are thinking that even after spending 33L we are missing few things. Sunroof as many said is not a big feature and rarely used but she feels it to be mandatory since it is present in so many cars like city, xuv, hexa etc.

Problem with 3.2 is I feel it will drastically suffer on fuel economy vs 2.2. Not sure about the exact figures but I read 5-6kmpl somewhere in this thread. I expect atleast 10-11 figure since it will be the only car with us after selling Safari. Mind says 2.2 heart says 3.2.

Money is not the matter now as 3.2 will hardly require 3-4L more and this figure is too small if we compare it with 33L so just putting some extra efforts before finalising my decision.
Hi have gone through the same dilemma earlier is making a selection between 2.2 and 3.2 trend . Finally went in with my heart for the 3.2 trend . Reasons the only feature i miss over the titanium are the extra airbags. As for the 2.2 it was rejected as the 3.2 motor is much smoother and more powerful. Yes does miss out on fuel economy but i never got less than 9 on any day. Its sheer pleasure on the highway plus the auto box is very well matched to the 3.2. If I am not wrong this same 3.2 motor was also used by range rover and was sourced from Ford. There is nothing wrong in having the extra torque when needed and moreover the vehicle is pretty much like a car to drive even in the city. You do not really feel you are driving a bulky vehicle in the city except in the initial days. Really in love with the seating position and now does take up some time in adjustment when i happen to drive something else. My take 3.2 is the one to go for . Trend or titanium is entirely dependent on the bucks you have to spare. Having upgraded from a sedan the Fluidic elantra i had earlier i feel this is much more refined , smoother and pleasure to drive. As for the costs on maintenance that only time will tell.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 11:29   #2007
BHPian

I have made my decision and my next car will be Endeavour. Yesterday I went Noida to meet very close friend of mine. It came to mind to check out both Fortuner and Endeavour with him. Since my wife is a big fan of Fortuner so even I was a bit inclined towards it after the recent price hike from Ford.

Although she didn't checked any of them yet but for her Fortuner sounds more plush and royal compared to Endeavour. What next she said, no one knows what is Endeavour and in mass market Fortuner carries a bigger brand name.

Well happy to say the above feeling lasted till yesterday only. I sent her the pictures of both cars clicked from my phone to which the next reply from her was Endeavour will be our next car. I went to Noida Ford and Uttam Toyota in Sector-63 Noida to check out both cars.

My observations:
I am still not able to convince myself that why people are so crazy about Fortuner. I was really disappointed with the interiors of Fortuner the fit, finish and the colour choice is so bad. I am not a die hard fan of beige interiors but that ugly brown colour looks so cheap in Fotuner. The exterior I can say can be a personal choice but interiors are a big letdown for me and you have to agree the Ford wins hands down.

I checked with my brother and mother they also confirmed the interiors of Ford is far better than Toyota. I felt the Tata Hexa’s interior which I drove few weeks back is far better than Fortuner and if Toyota really wanted to put dark they should have tried like Tata.

Pics attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_175153.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_175205.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_175334.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_175404.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_180901.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_182226.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_182236.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170407_182257.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 8th April 2017 at 11:31.
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 13:07   #2008
BANNED

Quote:
I have made my decision and my next car will be Endeavour.
Congratulations on choosing the best SUV in its segment and couple above today in India.

If I were you, I'd pick the same, in the 3.2 Trend 4WD variant. Of course, if I could afford it, I'd choose the Titanium but the Trend is the most VFM variant today. Why the 3.2? Well, there is no replacement for displacement.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 17:58   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2017 at 11:05.
ecosport rules is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2017, 18:36   #2010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have made my decision and my next car will be Endeavour.

My observations:
I am still not able to convince myself that why people are so crazy about Fortuner.I was really disappointed with the interiors of Fortuner
:
Congratulations on your decision.

People choose cars depending on their requirement and preferences
Looks are subjective.
For example one person would never buy an SUV with beige interiors and another person would never dare to put his hard earned 40 lakhs on Ford.

I personally think there is no right or wrong answer to that question of why people chose Endeavour/Fortuner over each other.
Everyone is right.

Cheers
Enjoy your new ride

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th April 2017 at 18:37.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks