Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2018, 22:04   #3061
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour - Now features go missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Yes I use it everyday. Yes the dealer did give me a demo but I was not aware of this feature at that time and hence did not notice it’s absence.

Yes, I had raised this issue with dealer and Ford but haven’t received any response / solution yet.
Okay. In the first picture you've posted, the second column heading for the table is "Tiles", by this i am assuming you can rearrange what you can see on the home screen, did you try that? or the "tiles" can't be changed?
(P.S. I have never used the system and i am just going by what you have posted)
Old 10th June 2018, 22:41   #3062
BHPian

Quote:
1. One such feature which does not work in my Endeavour is the split screen functionality of SYNC3 for in-built navigation. As can be seen below in the collage, the Owners Manual clearly shows a different homescreen and the only pre-condition it lists down is the availability of Navigation. My vehicle is equipped with SYNC3 with navigation from the factory and yet the homescreen display is different from what is shown in the Owners Manual. I have ensured that the SYNC3 unit is always up-to-date with the latest software.

Attachment 1770000
The sections can be rearranged and I see you have the audio on the bigger one and navigation\phone sharing the other section. Rearrange them and you should be able to see the same display as in the manual.

Quote:
2. Another feature linked with Navigation is the ability to show the current route, next turn, time to destination, distance to destination and cancel route on the Instrument Cluster. Again, the only pre-condition mentioned is Navigation. The manual also clearly mentions that in the absence of navigation, a compass would appear which is what I see in my vehicle.
The current,next turn,time to destination,distance to destination - all these get listed only when you have set a route on your navigation.That info doesnt come up otherwise.

Last edited by jraj : 10th June 2018 at 22:48.
Old 11th June 2018, 02:08   #3063
BHPian

I too remember that my sync3 with navigation model has same home screen as posted by A.G. It seems there must be some way to rearrange the icons so that the bigger icon should display the navigation. Will try this and confirm if I am able to do so.

BTW i too got a shock when head lamp washers disappeared from my model (read: april 2017 manufactured) and service advisor didn't informed me at the time of delivery. I saw them working in the test drive vehicle but felt a bit insulted when I asked my wife to get down and watch out how they work in our new car. After several tries when nothing worked I get down and noticed they are not present on front bumper. I felt disappointed and called my SA who confirmed that they have been silently removed by Ford in new models having in-built navigation feature.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 11:33   #3064
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Please increase you IDV and than compare the quotes.
Currently its considered as 22 Lakhs. I guess for Trend version, it should at least be 24-25L.

Use coverfox quotes to negotiate with the dealer. Dealer provided Insurance is ideal for cashless with immediate delivery requirements post repair. Other may give cashless but dealer waits for DO (some even wait for actual payment)

For 25L IDV you should target less than or equal to 50K in second year of ownership (NCB = 20%)
My new car insurance was with IDV 22.7L (ex-showroom price when i purchased the car last year), so considering atleast 10% depreciation, shouldn't the IDV be around Rs.20L this time around? But, what is making it confusing for me is that, i read some where on this forum that IDV is derived from current ex-showroom price minus the depreciation. The current ex-showroom price of trend model has increased to Rs. 26.32L. If i deduct 10-15% depreciation, it comes to around Rs.22L IDV. So, not sure what IDV i should go with.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 11:53   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
But, what is making it confusing for me is that, i read some where on this forum that IDV is derived from current ex-showroom price minus the depreciation.

So, not sure what IDV i should go with.
Yes your understanding is correct. IDV is based on present ex-showroom price. However the original and present prices are taken from company library price list for a particular year in a major city like Mumbai or Delhi and may not match your calculation.

Most insurance companies allow you to change IDV to between present ex-showroom price minus depreciation and original ex-showroom price minus depreciation. As a buyer you should go for highest IDV given by the chosen company. Yes please chose the company based on best quote and than go for the maximum IDV offered by them. Discard the best quote only if if the IDV is much below your calculation.

You need to see the best quote in conjugation with maximum IDV offered.
Wanderers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 23:37   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
Okay. In the first picture you've posted, the second column heading for the table is "Tiles", by this i am assuming you can rearrange what you can see on the home screen, did you try that? or the "tiles" can't be changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
It seems there must be some way to rearrange the icons so that the bigger icon should display the navigation.
There is no way to rearrange the tiles on the homescreen of SYNC3. Further, the Instrument cluster is a separate unit which does not get the navigation information with or without a route being set.
Old 12th June 2018, 22:19   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
The pedal vibrates over 2000rpm and it is very annoying for otherwise an excellent car. Anyone experience the same or fixed it
Did you find any solution to the accelerator pedal vibration issue? Asking as a friend is experiencing the same.
Old 13th June 2018, 11:10   #3068

Has any endeavour owners used the continental, pirelli, michilin tyres if so can you give a review on how and why you would choose them. I am very unhappy with the mrf wanderers
Old 13th June 2018, 13:51   #3069
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskbh View Post
Has any endeavour owners used the continental, pirelli, michilin tyres if so can you give a review on how and why you would choose them. I am very unhappy with the mrf wanderers
I know friends who use Contis and are happy with them. A.G. uses another Korean brand and is happy with them as well.

The Wanderers are known to be hard tires and also wear out pretty quickly.

PS: It would be prudent to check your grammar and punctuations before you post.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 06:08   #3070
BHPian

Certain 2018 manufactured Everests and Rangers being recalled for a steering issue in Australia:

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...est-and-ranger
Old 14th June 2018, 09:19   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Did you find any solution to the accelerator pedal vibration issue? Asking as a friend is experiencing the same.
Never was able to remedy it. I read online is that it is due to a cable around that area.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:12   #3072
BHPian

Hey guys, have a quick question.

What is the battery Ah rating for the 3.2 engine? I couldn't figure out from the battery casing. One number I could see was around 65 (which sounds ridiculously low for such a big diesel engine) and the other was 105 ( which looks more reasonable).

Why I ask is because, a while ago, I had to jump start my 18 month old car (because of a mess up, I can tell you if you are interested).
I tried jump starting with my wife's Brio, but it wouldn't budge. Not even a single crank! So I went to my battery guy. Initially he brought a 75Ah battery, which I am assuming had reasonable charge, but still, no crank.
He finally brought a battery (which had pictures of a Swaraj Mazda LCV) which I think said 90Ah. This time she roared to life in the first attempt.

Which brings me back to my original question. What is the Ah rating for the 3.2 engine?

Last edited by SCORPION : 19th June 2018 at 11:16.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:29   #3073
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
What is the battery Ah rating for the 3.2 engine?
It is 90Ah.

Quote:
Why I ask is because, a while ago, I had to jump start my 18 month old car (because of a mess up, I can tell you if you are interested).
What was the mess up?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 11:52   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is 90Ah.

What was the mess up?
Thanks.

Well, I go sailing for about 4 months at a time. No one is allowed to touch my car (can't help it), except my wife who starts it and moves it every once in a while. Otherwise, it remains parked in my basement parking. This time, I had a doubt that she wasn't starting it regularly enough.
Now, the bigger problem are the tires. So about a couple of weeks before coming back to India, I told my wife to pump the tires up to 40psi using the Michelin mini compressor that I keep in the car. She was ably guided by my 9 year old son who has seen me using it regularly. But what I forgot to tell the duo was to leave the engine running. The 30 mins (I assume) of trial and error and 4 big tires, drained my already not so well charged battery.
So the next time she tried to start the car, she told me, there was only a clicking sound. I had a mini heart attack then. But then I figured out what had happened and I told her to let the car be until I returned.
That was the mess up!
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:23   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Well, I go sailing for about 4 months at a time. No one is allowed to touch my car (can't help it), except my wife who starts it and moves it every once in a while.
I do have similar situation as yours but trust me with the new generation batteries, ECM and battery savers, your traditional arrangement of starting car periodically and keeping it running, eats more battery than leaving it aside for 4 months.

You can start the car even after 3-4 months if you ensure that battery is fully charged before leaving it parked.

Also as long as you have free road side assistance do not bother with such things, just call the road side guys and they will happily jump start for you. After all they are third party service provider and are happy to receive complaints (orders)

If you are going for longer than 3-4 months, Just take out the battery and keep inside your house on wooden plank (not grounded) and you can start from were you left. Remember these batteries lies fully charged for up to 1-1.5 year on selves after they are shipped out of factory fully charged.

Last edited by Wanderers : 19th June 2018 at 12:46.
Wanderers is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks