Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2018, 19:52   #2926
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinism View Post
I missed adding this to my post. Please merge this post with my above one mods. Thank you.

I've never crossed 2000 rpm. Acceleration has been light and gentle. I'm usually the spirited driving kind but just waiting for my first service to get done.
I am planning to buy a Ford Endeavour3.2 myself but am not entirely convinced with its ride quality in the middle row. Do you do any of your driving with ppl in the middle row? Do they feel comfort or are they complaining when going over bumps, potholes etc? Let me know what you think about the ride quality in all seats - I know front seats are fine but the rear seats is bad. Let me know ur thought!
Thanks in advance. Cheers
Old 24th March 2018, 21:28   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
I am planning to buy a Ford Endeavour3.2 myself but am not entirely convinced with its ride quality in the middle row. Do you do any of your driving with ppl in the middle row? Do they feel comfort or are they complaining when going over bumps, potholes etc? Let me know what you think about the ride quality in all seats - I know front seats are fine but the rear seats is bad. Let me know ur thought!
Hi,

Keep the tyre pressure @ 30 and things shall be just fine. According to my experience it handles rough roads well, no complaints received so far.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 00:40   #2928
BHPian

Yes. Tyre pressure is important. I keep it 29-30 and the ride quality in middle seats is just fine. At time you feel the need of sliding it back a bit more.
Old 25th March 2018, 01:49   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There was some discussion on this topic a couple of pages away and it was pretty well established that even with different/better tires (Turbanator has them), the middle row cannot match, for example, the Hexa, on comfort.

How far away it is from the benchmark is a question that is best analysed by you.

@Roby, what do you think?
I can assure that middle row ride quality is not that bad at all and I must say with 30psi it has improved a lot. I am still running on stock tires and will continue with them for at least 30k. Will be definitely switching to some better brand like yoko or michellin. I think upsizing a bit can add up the comfort factor, have felt the same when I upsized from 235 to 255 in Safari.

Nobody in my family complains about the middle row comfort instead they mostly praise the adjusting and reclining mechanism which is not present in Safari. Only one complaint from them regarding the protruding seat belt anchors which hurts while shifting.

Regarding Hexa it is a nice car definitely better in its segment but stand nowhere in front of Fortuner or Endeavour. Its not only about suspension and ride quality there are many aspects where Fortuner/Endeavour will beat Hexa hands down.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 07:58   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi.
Your choice of the endeavour 3.2 is very good. And I'm sure you will not regret it.
As rightly said by all members, keep 30 psi in all tyres. Head room is slightly less than other cars like Xuv, fortuner etc. but still very comfortable. Another issue is the hump in the centre which can cause some inconvenience to the middle row person. But don't forget these adjustments are done to give you good ground clearance which is better than the other Suv's in the same segment.
Every car has some positives and negatives, so you have to weigh them and finally decide as per your preferences. Keeping aside the minor negatives, I'm sure you will be satisfied with the vehicle. Go for it if you are a passionate driver.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 10:17   #2931
BHPian

For anyone looking to buy the new Endeavour, I would highly suggest that you get the MRF wanderers swapped, preferably with Yokohama geolander. Even if you don't upsize, just swap the tyres. Yesterday I was pushing the car on a curve (ik it's an SUV and I shouldn't do that) and it felt like the car was loosing grip and sliding a bit. I can tell you with confidence that if it had more grip, the car could've held that line and that too at a higher speed. I regret not switching the tyres when new, now I'll wait till 40k kms for my 3.2. I'll have to change the tyres on my 2.2 soon(won't upsize as already low on power).
Another thing that happened and was really weird was that a flying eagle dived down in a slanting manner and hit my car somewhere near the front fender and the front drivers door. The impact was really loud but I couldn't find any perceivable damage. There is no dent, didn't look closely for scratches as the car was pretty dusty. I'm impressed with the build quality but hate the paint quality. It is extremely soft and uneven with high levels of orange peel effect.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 11:40   #2932
BHPian

Been wanting to post about my new purchase for a while but been lazy - Got my Endy 3.2 in last week of Dec (2017) and so far it has run about 2700km. Early on (under 100km) I changed the tyres and rims for aesthetic reasons. Did it early because I knew my ride quality or comfort would get affected and didn't want to even know how it is supposed to originally feel. Some of the senior members here helped with me deciding on the tyres

Rims are Fuel Anza 20 inchers. 9 inches width / +1 offset. Got them from Sai Mag Wheels. 120k damage. Wheels are Goodyear Eagle GTII 285/50/20. Set of 4. Ashoka Wheels, Hyd. Costed 88k.

Thoughts on driving with the new wheels/rims :
  1. Thumbs up everywhere looks wise
  2. Fuel economy with light/gentle acceleration upto a max of 2000rpm in city driving gave me ~7.2-7.4 kmpl. Tyre pressure was 35psi.
  3. Shorter breaking distance was apparent.
  4. A slightly harder steering and bumpier ride could be felt on bad roads/potholes. Nothing alarming. Cant comment on high speed driving or cornering. At max have done 70 kmh in short stretches because my driving is limited to the city. Barely hit the outskirts or go out of town.

About a week back I went back to my stock tyres/rims because while reversing on an incline and turning the wheel fully I noticed there was some contact happening in the front wheel well. At which point I had almost driven 2000km and never felt it happening. 99% of the time there is no contact with my daily driving. Did not happen in normal U turns too. Got it inspected at a wheel centre and turns out that it was just kissing the front left wheel wheel. The wheel tech said that it was happening on one side and most likely its an alignment issue and can be sorted out. . I was also curious to know what the handling, breaking and FE would be with the stock tyres and rims so decided to change and drive around with them . As posted earlier the FE on stock tyres/rims hover around 7.6-7.8 kmpl. I was expecting the difference between the stock and upgraded tyres to be atleast 1-1.5km per litre. Pleasantly surprised with the difference being only ~0.5 km per litre. All FE calculations are using tankful to tankful method. 95% of the time I drive by myself. Post my first service plan to return back to my upgraded rims/tyres with 30psi to see if it makes my ride softer. Not a petrol head here but ask me anything and I’ll try my best to give an informed answer
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1828.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1822.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1180.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1830.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1829.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1825.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1824.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ioddka7-imgur.jpg  

determinism is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 08:07   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
There were a few instances when I had people on the middle row. None of them complained. A friend who had a back problem moved front and said it was much better. Other than that no negative feedback. Haven't had anyone site in the last row so dont have any feedback on them. Front seats are fine and good. I'm overall very happy with the seating and comfort.
Old 26th March 2018, 09:49   #2934
Senior - BHPian

The new Ford endeavour has proved itself and Ford has really gone ahead in comparision with the old endeavour. The vehicle has proved itself in all areas and is continously improving.
Let's discuss some of the pros and cons of the vehicle. All members can add and comment on what I feel about this vehicle. I own a 3.2 Endy with Sync 3.

Pros:
1. Amazing off road capabilities.
2. Raw power - 197 bhp and 470 nm of torque.
3. Excellent highway cruiser.
4. 8 way adjustable driver seat.
5. Sunroof in Titanium models.
6. Noise cancellation (one of my favourite )
7. Sync 3 with Navigation ( Although older models before April 17 never came with it )
8. Leather seats.
9. Electronic assisted power steering.
10. Ground clearance.
11. Terrain management system with rear differential lock.
12. Electronic foldable rear seats.
13. Auto night vision rear view mirror.

Cons.
1. Tyres.
2. Low mileage.
3. Middle row comfort (comparitively)
4. Sync 2 in 2016-17 models which cannot be updated to Sync 3.
5. Only 2 airbags in lower models.
6. Models with Sync 3, Nov. 2016 to April 2017 did not come with Navigation.
7. No memory function for driver seat in case of change of driver.
8. 3rd row comfort. Can't complain much as all vehicles in the segment have low comfort levels in 3rd row.
9. No manual transmission (earlier in 2016 there was a 2.2L 4x4 manual which was stopped soon after launch)
10. Head lamps and fog lamps.

Thanks.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 26th March 2018 at 09:50.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 00:21   #2935
BHPian

Friends

Any suggestion for sun control attachments of the 3.2 titanium. ?
Old 31st March 2018, 00:26   #2936
BHPian

My lil one usually play with the roof lights mostly middle row and forget to close it before moving out of the car. In such scenario if I am already out after switching off the engine the light can't be closed anyhow. I have to insert the key into ignition or say close the door while I am inside and manually switch off the light. Even if I open the particular door and try to switch off the light it will not help and the light will come again once vehicle is locked.

I gave it several tries but didn't found a possible solution. Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a better way to handle this?
Old 31st March 2018, 00:47   #2937
BHPian

Alongwith the Western Offroaders, decided to the take the T-Rex offroading to a place called Morbe (located at the outskirts of Mumbai). A few videos and pictures.

In the second video notice the wheel spin at the beginning as I had not locked the rear differential. As soon as I lock it the beast moves!

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-1.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-5.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-6.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-10.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-13.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-4.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-8.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-9.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-11.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-12.jpg

And this is the situation at the end of the day! T-rex badly needs a shower!

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-7.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-sunroof.jpg
@Chaand is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:44   #2938
Senior - BHPian

I am posting this again in this thread, as I did that couple of years ago when there were no much owners that time.
This could be a crazy idea - But I am sure it is all about user experience (UX).

We have a couple of small buttons for AC control, which is very difficult to use on the go, also risky to change blower speed as it requires to take the eyes off the road.
To me, there is an almost useless knob, a nice rotary knob is sitting idle. We can very well use the touch screen for FM tuning, and I feel this one becomes redundant.

My question is - is there any way we can interchange this? I know this requires a higher level of expertise, But worth the risk. Mine is out of warranty now, and I'd like to take it. Before doing anything, I like to know fellow Endy owner's thoughts. Your expertise in such O.E electricals will help me. Will it be a big deal doing it through a local car electrician? Can an AC mechanic handle it? Or is it a foolish idea to think further?

I have attached a pic that speaks my mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy.jpg  

agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:54   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post

My question is - is there any way we can interchange this? .
It seems that you mostly use car air conditioning in manual mode and hence a need for better fan control.
While you wait for suggestion and possible retrofit, I recommend using the auto mode. Just set the temperature to your comfort and you only need to use "power" button. That too can be kept "On" all the time, although not recommended.

Last edited by Wanderers : 2nd April 2018 at 13:56.
Wanderers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:22   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
It seems that you mostly use car air conditioning in manual mode and hence a need for better fan control.
While you wait for suggestion and possible retrofit, I recommend using the auto mode. Just set the temperature to your comfort and you only need to use "power" button. That too can be kept "On" all the time, although not recommended.
Yes, you are correct. I use Manual mode all the time. For some reasons I have stopped using Auto (This is my first car with Auto), maybe I am missing something. I will try again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks