Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 20:40   #2896
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

60,000 kms service done

I have got the 60k kilometres service for our 3.2 endeavour few days back. Odometer stands at around 59,000 kilometres. No complaints as such with the vehicle apart from the aging MRF tyres which have suffered 3 punctures in last 2 months. Planning to change the tyres to Michelin primacy suv in couple of weeks.

Total cost for service is Rs 9,001/- which included oil, air, fuel and AC cabin filters. Changing the AC filter was not a part of general 60k service however I decided to change it by choice. Also brake fluid top up was done. Without these two the general service would have costed Rs 7,000/-

Overall till now am happy with the vehicle and I am sure a change in the tyres will definitely improve the overall experience considerably
harsha.muvva is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 21:56   #2897
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
60,000 kms service done
Service costs are indeed reasonable. What has been your FE so far?
Old 13th March 2018, 05:35   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
60,000 kms service done

I have got the 60k kilometres service for our 3.2 endeavour few days back. Odometer stands at around 59,000 kilometres. No complaints as such with the vehicle apart from the aging MRF tyres which have suffered 3 punctures in last 2 months. Planning to change the tyres to Michelin primacy suv in couple of weeks.

Total cost for service is Rs 9,001/- which included oil, air, fuel and AC cabin filters. Changing the AC filter was not a part of general 60k service however I decided to change it by choice. Also brake fluid top up was done. Without these two the general service would have costed Rs 7,000/-

Overall till now am happy with the vehicle and I am sure a change in the tyres will definitely improve the overall experience considerably
Did the OEM MRF Tyres last this long? Any other previous 10k service had any major part change?
Old 13th March 2018, 06:13   #2899
BHPian

"Ford is all set to launch the facelifted Endeavour SUV in Thailand, a key market. The SUV has just been spied testing without camouflage on Thai roads and is expected to launch in India by the end of this year."
https://www.cartoq.com/bull-bar-ban-...hi-high-court/
Old 13th March 2018, 07:22   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Service costs are indeed reasonable. What has been your FE so far?
Till now the FE has been 10 - 10.5 kmpl on highway and around 9 kmpl in city traffic. Spirited driving gives nothing more than 8 kmpl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Did the OEM MRF Tyres last this long? Any other previous 10k service had any major part change?
Going by the depth of tyre thread, I am sure they will last another 15k to 20k kilometres more. BTW I had to change around two tyres at around 15,000 and 25000 kilometres on the odo as one had a side wall cut and other has gotten a puncture in the side wall.

I remember changing the rear brake pads at 40k kms service and front are yet to be changed. Apart from this headlight leveller, rear propeller shaft and CMP sensor were replaced under warranty.

Last edited by harsha.muvva : 13th March 2018 at 07:30.
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 08:06   #2901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rear propeller shaft and CMP sensor
Did you faced any stalling or breakdown issues? Any idea what would be the approximate cost of those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
"Ford is all set to launch the facelifted Endeavour SUV in Thailand, a key market. The SUV has just been spied testing without camouflage on Thai roads and is expected to launch in India by the end of this year."
https://www.cartoq.com/bull-bar-ban-...hi-high-court/
Corrected link

https://www.cartoq.com/ford-endeavou...ut-camouflage/

Last edited by Surprise : 13th March 2018 at 08:10.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 09:02   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Did you faced any stalling or breakdown issues? Any idea what would be the approximate cost of those?

Hi,
You can find complete details regarding the issue here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ion-issue.html

No real breakdown/towing incidents yet on the endeavour. Whatever the issues are "Ford India" has handled them professionally and provided me with either compensation for time spent in garage and provided me a loaner ecosport when needed. Everything is covered under warranty. The service I got and the involvement of parent company in my case is probably THE best I have received so far.
harsha.muvva is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 06:32   #2903
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Without these two the general service would have costed Rs 7,000/-
This is very reasonable. I am glad the Ford has improve on it's service/spares.

Quote:
Till now the FE has been 10 - 10.5 kmpl on highway and around 9 kmpl in city traffic. Spirited driving gives nothing more than 8 kmpl!
This is excellent for a 3.2 Liter 5-Cylinder powerful engine. I don't think one should expect anything more than this.
Old 14th March 2018, 07:56   #2904
BHPian

Took the test drive of the 2.2 Sun roof endeavour. Must say the car has a brilliant driving position Just commanding reminds me of my old safari and then a bit more height too!
Was extremely disappointed with the ride quality though, reminded me of the older fortuner with the middle row being wobbled and shaken by each and every undulation on the road ?! Which I think is not fair for a 35lakh plus vehicle! Have now called the 3.2 for a test drive - will there be a change in ride quality?
JUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 09:33   #2905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Took the test drive of the 2.2 Sun roof endeavour.
Was extremely disappointed with the ride quality though, reminded me of the older fortuner with the middle row being wobbled and shaken by each and every undulation on the road ?! Have now called the 3.2 for a test drive - will there be a change in ride quality?
I don't think 3,2 will fair any better, this is the single most grudge I feel towards this otherwise highly capable vehicle, the kind of hit you get on middle seats is really bad.

Will suggest you try the Fortuner or Innova as well if middle seat ride comfort is a deciding factor. Other than these, there are hardly any other options in this segment presently.

Quote:
I remember changing the rear brake pads at 40k kms service and front are yet to be changed. Apart from this headlight leveller, rear propeller shaft and CMP sensor were replaced under warranty.
That's quite a feat! My old Trend one which has now done about 70,000 Km has around 3/4 changes of pads/ rotors already, perhaps it depends on the driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is very reasonable. I am glad the Ford has improve on it's service/spares.

This is excellent for a 3.2 Liter 5-Cylinder powerful engine. I don't think one should expect anything more than this.
Again, I think it varies depending on usage, I have asked my accounts guy to make a sheet of all expenses and will try to post here but I see many extras added on the invoices, so it all depends how you interact with the service team. With Toyota, I don't see such a problem. So, I will say they are doing better but Toyota is a benchmark.

Quote:
has the ride quality of the fortuner changed with the face lift?
I have not tried new Fortuner off late, as of now test driving LX and LC

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th March 2018 at 09:43.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 09:38   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
We get the same truck as being sold in Australia since past 2 Years, the new one being referred has small changes like Start/Stop push button and is not available anywhere yet.

Where do you read this? I don't think this is even a concern, we get the same truck as being sold elsewhere and there are absolutely no issues on driveability reported.

Automobiles manufactured in India are very different now, even from Tata Just that traffic is a nightmare at most of the places despite improvement in roads.

Do compare with Fortuner and take a decision.
Quote:
I don't think 3,2 will fair any better, this is the single most grudge I feel towards this otherwise highly capable vehicle, the kind of hit you get on middle seats is really bad.

Will suggest you try the Fortuner or Innova as well if middle seat ride comfort is a deciding factor. Other than these, there are hardly any other options in this segment presently.
My thoughts absolutely !
Had driven the old look Fortuner Mumbai to Pune and this test ride brought back the same mid row memories unfortunately - has the ride quality of the fortuner changed with the face lift?
What about the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport ? Any good? Dont like the look but now have no real choice :(

Last edited by JUDA : 14th March 2018 at 09:51.
Old 14th March 2018, 10:27   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Took the test drive of the 2.2 Sun roof endeavour. Must say the car has a brilliant driving position Just commanding reminds me of my old safari and then a bit more height too!
Was extremely disappointed with the ride quality though, reminded me of the older fortuner with the middle row being wobbled and shaken by each and every undulation on the road ?! Which I think is not fair for a 35lakh plus vehicle! Have now called the 3.2 for a test drive - will there be a change in ride quality?
Quote:

Please test drive Hexa as well. As per my test drive experience, Hexa had the better ride and especially with the bucket seats. When I was test driving, For Ride (Especially for the middle row) my rating was Hexa > Endeavour > Crysta > Fortuner
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 10:58   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen dealers keeping the tyre pressure upward of 34 psi. On stock MRF these makes for a very hard ride. See if the dealer can bring it down to 30-31 where the ride quality on MRF significantly improves. This is one of the pain points I experience often. I carry a good quality metallic pressure gauge with me.
Czarcarsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 13:51   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Initially even I was extremely disappointed with the ride in middle row. But after reducing the tyre pressure to around 30 there was a significant difference in the ride. It still is much better than the old/new Fortuner and may be slightly better than our old Innova. I still dont call the ride as plush or very comfortable (like our superb), but it is now satisfactory. I am sure it will improve with a tyre change. Consider endeavour only if your driving involves driving over pothole filled state highways or driving to farms. For regular 4 lane driving I won't suggest either Fortuner/endeavour.
harsha.muvva is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 14:13   #2910
BHPian

Ford India website says the endeavour is fitted with a Power Shift AT dual clutch transmission. Link below:
https://www.india.ford.com/6-speed-powershift/
List of cars in which the dual clutch transmission is available is mentioned towards the bottom of the page.
Am confused.

Last edited by SCORPION : 16th March 2018 at 14:19. Reason: Link wasn't working.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks