Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2018, 21:26   #3181
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
1. For our conditions, a 10 speed GB is an overkill. Also, unless tested very rigorously for our notorious traffic, it could need to work harder and/or hunt for gears pretty often which could result in increased wear and tear and a plethora of other issues. No amount of testing in traffic anywhere in the world can replicate our traffic conditions.

2. A 2000cc engine belting out 500NM with 2 turbos makes it pretty complex and sensitive to fuel. I am yet to see any other OEM except BMW who have now mastered the art of making rugged, small displacement high power diesels which work well in India.
They should seriously think about a 6 speed manual with Single turbo engine then.

New Everest details and brochure is now updated in Ford Thailand website

https://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/everest/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AW_Everest ICA_Brochure 4p_Jul2018_website.pdf (4.15 MB, 501 views)
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 21:33   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
They should seriously think about a 6 speed manual with Single turbo engine then.
They did have a 2.2 ltr, 6 speed manual, turbo charged Endy for sale here. But it was discontinued for reasons best known to Ford.
Old 22nd July 2018, 13:23   #3183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
The parts changed are as mentioned below:
1. Front Bumper and Grill
2. Both Head Lamps
3. Both Fog Lamps.
4. Both Fender
5. Bonnet
6. 3 airbags (2 Front + 1 Knee)
7. Consumables

I have ICICI Lombard zero-dep insurance policy which does not include consumables. Do we still need to pay the extra amount even with zero-dep policies?
Glad to be of help and happy that the work carried out was to your satisfaction.

A few observations:

The impact did not damage any mechanical parts within the engine bay, which is very reassuring.
2. I feel they have replaced too many parts, but that is what most ASCs do. Remove and Replace and not Remove and Repair.
3. Like you've mentioned, since your policy is a zero-dep without consumables, you will need to pay for the consumables to settle the bill. Zero dep takes care of the depreciation of the vehicle year after year.

Could you post a break-up of the work done with the prices of the parts here please? It will benefit all of us as a point of reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
The current engine line-up is turbo charged.

A manual gearbox....I'm not sure how many numbers it would rake up compared to the support systems it would need.

Last edited by n.devdath : 22nd July 2018 at 13:28.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 17:51   #3184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The current engine line-up is turbo charged.

A manual gearbox....I'm not sure how many numbers it would rake up compared to the support systems it would need.
I was referring to the 2.0L Single Turbo Engine. The same engine is available with new Ranger in Thailand - 6MT 4x4

If 2.0L with 10 AT is not practical for India, then i would say 2.0L with 6MT should definitely a better choice. Toyota is still selling Fortuner 4x2 & 4x4 MT variants !
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ranger-new-final.pdf (6.52 MB, 519 views)
Old 25th July 2018, 00:38   #3185
BHPian

Is there any Endeavour owner WhatsApp group? I'd like to be added in one. PM me if any as I have 2 new Endeavours.
Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 14:10   #3186

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
If the nuts are larger (oversize), then they won't even be able to enter the hollow of the correct size spanner. Since you mentioned earlier that the spanner was slipping, I got the impression that the spanner was slightly larger than the nuts and not the other way round.

Incidentally, I got a puncture recently in one of the tyres of my 3-month old Endy and I removed the wheel and fitted the stepney myself. Everything worked perfectly.
I'm glad everything went fine with you. By slipping, I meant to say that the spanner would only go on about 1/3rd to 1/2 way on to the nut and any attempt to unscrew the nut would result in the spanner "slipping" off the nut. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, ford has replaced all wheel nuts on my car with the standard spec, and have no idea how the larger nuts got on there in the first place. Little troubling. I also had to "talk" them in to replacing one of the tires which got a side-wall cut since I had to drive on a flat tire for an extended distance. All things considered, I'm happy they agreed to change the tire but wish I had not been put in this situation in the first place.
Kaypa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 19:04   #3187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Ford SA called me and told the amount I have to pay is somewhere near 40k which includes 15k for consumables and 5% has to be paid to the insurance company. I have ICICI Lombard zero-dep insurance policy which does not include consumables. Do we still need to pay the extra amount even with zero-dep policies?
If you have zero dep insurance, there is mandatory deduction of about 2K. 40K for consumables doesnot seem right to me. You should look into detailed bill. Also 5% insurance company commission is something that is unheard off.

Last edited by PrideRed : 25th July 2018 at 19:08.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 11:30   #3188
BHPian

Broken ORVM Chrome ABS Cover - RH.

Few weeks ago, a drunken Tata Ace driver veered left on noticing a police check point and damaged the right side ORVM on my 3.2 Titanium endy. On inspection, I noticed that only the outer Chrome cover is damaged and all the other housing/bulbs are intact without any damage. This chrome part was dislodged by the impact, fell down and got run over by couple of two wheelers. I've pasted the broker part back to the main housing using transparent tapes.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180314_105442.jpg

The ORVM looks this way.
With Chrome Cover:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20180723wa0006.jpeg

Without Chrome Cover:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20180723wa0006.jpeg

This is the exact part that is damaged:
Front:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180726_110255f.jpg
Back:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180726_110309b.jpg

The part number etched within/shown is AB3917K746EAW

I found this part (based on word search and picture and not the part no) in Aliexpress for about US$ 18-30 but with a long delivery time 28+days.

Took it to Ford service and the Service advisor at Chennai Ford says this will cost about Rs.6,500 to be replaced!!!

When I pointed out that the part available (AB3917K746AA not AB3917K746EAW) at http://oriparts.com/42/428/3251/816687#item_15776336
and https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-ab3917k746aa-22178427/ are for much less, he says that the part mentioned there is not compatible with my car's VIN and it is just the black finish.

According to him my car requires Part No: AB3917K746DA which is the actual chrome part.

Will there be a Rs.6000 difference between the same part made out of the same material, albeit, one which is black and one which is in chrome? If yes, this is outrageous!

If my vehicle requires exactly AB3917K746DA (accordingly to the SA), then why does the original part that is broken say AB3917K746EAW?

Summary:

My original part AB3917K746EAW - as etched in the damaged part
SA's Part - AB3917K746DA - costing Rs.6000+
Compatible parts online AB3917K746AA - Costing about Rs600
or
about Rs900

Parts available in Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carm...58b04c4daIl2Sc

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ABS-...58b04c4daIl2Sc

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thank you!
vijay.sundar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:16   #3189
BHPian

I would say order two of them for either sides. If they are in chrome, good enough. If they are in black, get them painted outside in gloss Black or white and install. Paying around 6k for a Chrome mirror cover isn't justified in my books.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 20:53   #3190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Broken ORVM Chrome ABS Cover - RH
6500 for an ORVM cover is just not worth it. However, there are two options here:

1. Search around the scrap market, you should get an OE cover which will be of a better quality than those on Ali Express or other aftermarket websites.

2. Buy it from Ali Express and hope that it fits properly. I have faced a few issues especially with locks on plastic parts.

It is instances like this which prove the proverb "Whether the knife falls on the plantain leaf or the leaf falls on the knife, it is the leaf which gets cut."
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 10:22   #3191
BHPian

It's been close to one month since I have bought my Endy 3.2 and I have completed 1500 KMs with a mix of highway and city drives.

I absolutely love the luxurious interiors, handling, visibility, power, braking and active noise cancellation.

But I also have some sore points which I am not sure if everyone else is facing.
1) Ride quality - I am not entirely happy with the how Endy behaves in pothole filled roads. My previous Car was Terrano which used to glide over the same roads. Though I don't expect the same ride quality, I am not happy with how the thuds are felt even in patchy roads (just that the road has some undulations with no big potholes) but still it is felt inside at normal driving speeds. Even the small humps are felt if I go over at slightly higher speed which was never felt in Terrano. I tried varying the tyre pressure from 28 to 32 (now I have 32 on all 4 and they are OEM MRF tyres) but it did not help. Do others feel the same? Is there something wrong with the suspension that I need to get checked?

2) Seat adjustment - I have not been able to find the perfect driving position so far. The missing telescopic steering adjustment is felt sorely. Because I want the seat to be back in slightly relaxed position with height adjusted to passenger seat level and the steering is away, I am forced to bend forward and I am feeling the strain on my neck on long drives. I hardly feel any difference with lumbar adjustment. I am 5' 10" by the way.
Acelerar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:32   #3192
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
It's been close to one month since I have bought my Endy 3.2 and I have completed 1500 KMs with a mix of highway and city drives.

I absolutely love the luxurious interiors, handling, visibility, power, braking and active noise cancellation.

But I also have some sore points which I am not sure if everyone else is facing.
1) Ride quality - I am not entirely happy with the how Endy behaves in pothole filled roads. My previous Car was Terrano which used to glide over the same roads. Though I don't expect the same ride quality, I am not happy with how the thuds are felt even in patchy roads (just that the road has some undulations with no big potholes) but still it is felt inside at normal driving speeds. Even the small humps are felt if I go over at slightly higher speed which was never felt in Terrano. I tried varying the tyre pressure from 28 to 32 (now I have 32 on all 4 and they are OEM MRF tyres) but it did not help. Do others feel the same? Is there something wrong with the suspension that I need to get checked?
Ride quality is always relative, cannot be measured in absolute. Since your benchmark is the Terrano, you will always find your Endeavour' ride, less than perfect. My benchmark was Gi10, i too found the ride quality of my 2.2 poor. But, recently a Baleno hatchback has joined family, and i find the ride of Baleno and Endeavour quite similar. For people, who have been driving Scorpios, Fortuners, or other ladder chassis UV's, they would tend to rate ride quality of Endeavour quite good.
It always helps to do a thorough test drive before purchase, to eliminate chances of such setbacks (if you feel so). I never took one, was disappointed by the ride quality for a few months, but now it has become normal. I try to keep my body loose and move with the car, rather than keeping it stiff, which makes me feel the bumps a bit less. Hope that helps. Apart from the ride, it is a fabulous vehicle.
chaudh2s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:45   #3193
Senior - BHPian

On bad roads the Endeavour obliterates almost everything and anything. Driver and co-passenger would feel nothing and I find the front two seats better than Duster/Terrano. Come middle row, story is opposite. Being ladder frame, Endeavour is bouncier, has more lateral movement and the Duster feels a much better place to be. Another place where I felt the Duster outshines Endeavour(or any ladder frame car for that matter) is on twisty roads. Duster being a monocoque, has much lesser sideway movement than a ladder frame car.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 22:44   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
On bad roads the Endeavour obliterates almost everything and anything. Driver and co-passenger would feel nothing and I find the front two seats better than Duster/Terrano. Come middle row, story is opposite. Being ladder frame, Endeavour is bouncier, has more lateral movement and the Duster feels a much better place to be. Another place where I felt the Duster outshines Endeavour(or any ladder frame car for that matter) is on twisty roads. Duster being a monocoque, has much lesser sideway movement than a ladder frame car.
I agree, I felt endeavor just glides over bad roads. I used to have an outlander earlier, I think the endeavor ride quality is equal or better.

Btw. Today I noticed something, the horn doesn't work from the left side (when you press on the left side of the steering centre part); it works fine when pressing bottom or right side of the steering.

Can someone please check and let me know if this is an issue or it is a standard behavior.

Thanks in advance.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 23:03   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Can someone please check and let me know if this is an issue or it is a standard behavior.
No not happening with my car but I have faced similar situation in my old possession Safari where it used to work flawless on right hand side but struggle on the other side. I felt this happened as I mostly pressed horn from right hand thumb so the the left hand side rarely used turned numb. Not sure if my logic is correct so you can always check with Ford on this.

Last edited by roby_dk : 27th July 2018 at 23:05.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks