Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2018, 12:15   #3151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Finally, took the plunge and bought Endevour 3.2 Titanium.

Already took it on highway drive and I must say it drives like a dream. The ride quality is top notch and active noise cancellation feature is awesome.

Though it is huge, I observed that due to all the gizmos (sensors all around) and delightful steering, it doesn't feel cumbersome to drive in peak citytraffic and overall very happy with the purchase!
Congratulations! I took delivery of mine on the 9th of April and as of yesterday morning, have crossed the 10k mark. Did my 10k service at Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore last week.

I have gone in for the 3M hypershield treatment. So far, has kept the car clean and shiny without any paint swirls.

Planning to drive down to BLR next week and hopefully, we should meet up.

Quote:
Regarding PPF, I was thinking the same. Did you get one done? Do you have any recommendation and the cost involved?
I chose the 3M Hypershield coating for my Endy. Did it when the Endy had about 3000kms on the clock. So far, it's been holding out good with no dirt sticking to the vehicle even during the rains.

Cheers!

Last edited by Samurai : 5th July 2018 at 13:56. Reason: b2b
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 12:43   #3152
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I chose the 3M Hypershield coating for my Endy. Did it when the Endy had about 3000kms on the clock. So far, it's been holding out good with no dirt sticking to the vehicle even during the rains.
Thanks krishsreedharan. How much did it cost?
Old 5th July 2018, 13:33   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I have done for my car (Not fully but in parts). But now I am thinking that I should have done for the entire car. When I go on highway, i can see that chiseling spots on the bonnet and on the front fenders. The quote I got was for the entire car was 1L from 3M. I recommend to go for full car (May be except the roof )

I spent around 30K for both bumpers, ORVM, Corners of all 5 doors and door Handles.
I got the bumpers, skid plates, door edges, door handle inner concave spaces, headlamps and the entire bonnet done. Cost me around 55 k

While the bonnet did not come out very well and the 3M showroom offered a replacement, I decided not to take the offer as I felt over a period the creases over the edges smoothened out. of course this was in early 2016 when I bought the truck.

Overall positive for bumpers for sure. But not sure if I would go with bonnet (and doors) if I were to buy a new car again. My point of view.
nareshtrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 14:23   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks krishsreedharan. How much did it cost?
The Hypershield treatment cost me around ₹29k. I had to leave the car over-night at the 3M dealers so that they could make sure the application was proper and it had cured adequately.
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 22:20   #3155
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I always wonder. Is this paint protection worth spending so much ? Why not Carnauba wax ? It is water repellent, protects from UV, gives a better shine than any of these paint protectants or sealants, it is plant based and may be some more. It costs only a fraction. Ok may be you have to get a good carnauba from Europe or US.
Of course you have to apply it every month or two. I do wax the Endy myself. You should see that shine after a good wax. Spend 1 hr every month and you develop a close bond with the beauty. You start appreciating the styling details, the tight curves, the NURBS surface (check that out in google) etc.
I think Carnauba is the way to go. Your thoughts.
Czarcarsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 01:13   #3156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
I always wonder..
Agreed. I have had PPF from 3M applied to bumpers and personally I'd say it was waste of money. The film changes color after some time and its noticeable separately when viewing under different lights. Got the ceramic coating done and been happy with it since.
dragunov11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 07:13   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
I think Carnauba is the way to go. Your thoughts.
My Endy has the most boring colour - white. When I say that, it sounds like someone gifted it to me and I had no choice but to accept white. Whereas, the real reason was because I didn't want to wait too long because I booked at a time when the waiting period was about 2 to 3 months. If I waited that long, I would have had to leave her and go sailing when she was a 15 or 20 day old baby. My natural instincts wouldn't allow that. White was readily available.

Still, every time I polish her, it gives me immense satisfaction. I use Collinite 845 or 3M Carnauba depending on my mood.

There is only so much you can do with white. Yet, my chest swells with pride after each polishing job and I keep looking at her from different angles to relish the gleam on her body. Like a sculptor would look at his sculpture. Ok, I am going overboard now.

I enjoy the process of polishing and like you said, it is like your bonding time with your car. I wish I were staying in an independent house with my own garage and I could have done so much more.

I have not done any coating except for 3M transparent film for the bumpers and ORVMs.

Regarding the economics of applying a coating, I do feel most, if not all, coatings are overpriced for what you get and don't last long enough.

Last edited by SCORPION : 7th July 2018 at 07:27.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 08:57   #3158
BHPian

Those of you using your Endy 3.2 purely in bumper to bumper city traffic (my MID shows my avg speed is around 17 kmh), what kind of fuel consumption numbers are you getting? Not sure why mine has gone down but it is around 6.5-6.6 km for the last 1500km or so. My odo is currently at 6500km. I do have upsized wheels (20 in) but the same wheels/setup was giving around 7.2-7.3 prior to my first service which was done at around 3000 km or so.
Old 7th July 2018, 19:49   #3159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinism View Post
I do have upsized wheels (20 in) but the same wheels/setup was giving around 7.2-7.3 prior to my first service which was done at around 3000 km or so.
A km decrease in the FE is signficant. Did you measure the FE immediately after the service? If yes, it will be lower due to the amount of idling and usage at the ASC by the service staff, which is routine.

Secondly, it is generally bad fuel combined with small stuff like tire pressures etc.

Was the ECU updated by any chance?
Old 7th July 2018, 21:17   #3160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
A km decrease in the FE is signficant. Did you measure the FE immediately after the service? If yes, it will be lower due to the amount of idling and usage at the ASC by the service staff, which is routine.

Secondly, it is generally bad fuel combined with small stuff like tire pressures etc.

Was the ECU updated by any chance?
Yes it is. I cant recollect when after service it came down but over my last 1500 km I carefully monitored it and its around 6.5-6.6 km. Tire pressure has always been 32 psi.
Old 10th July 2018, 09:08   #3161
BHPian

Folks,I have a query regarding tyre pressure monitoring system.

I took the delivery of my 3.2 last week. I specifically asked dealer about tyre pressure and he mentioned that it was maintained at 35. I believed him and drove for a week. Since I was feeling the ride to be bumpy, I got it checked and the pressure in the tyres was in the range of 45 to 50

1) Is the tyre pressure monitoring supposed to show over inflation as well? Mine showed nothing when it was 50 also. I checked the manual and it only talks about under inflation
2) I kept the pressure at 33 since I had driven for an hour before pressure check and thought it might be actually 31 to 32. There is still no tyre pressure indicator so it might be alright but does any one know at what pressure, it starts showing indicator for under inflation?. I just want to ensure that it is actually working since there was no indicator for even pressure of 50
Old 10th July 2018, 09:23   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
1) Is the tyre pressure monitoring supposed to show over inflation as well? Mine showed nothing when it was 50 also. I checked the manual and it only talks about under inflation
I may be wrong here but the TPMS only shows the difference in tyre pressure which is relative to other tyres pressure. So if all of your tyres have same pressure (low or high) then the TPMS will not show any warning.

Again, I might be wrong.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 11:08   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
2) I just want to ensure that it is actually working since there was no indicator for even pressure of 50
The TPMS system in the Endy will only give you a warning if the pressure in any tire is significantly low. There is no warning for high pressure.
If you have doubts that your system is malfunctioning, you can try deflating the tires slowly and see if the system gives you a warning. Provided you have immediate access to an air compressor of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I may be wrong here but the TPMS only shows the difference in tyre pressure which is relative to other tyres pressure.
The TPMS will give a warning if any tire has less pressure. The low pressure warning limit is set at the factory. The warning is not based on pressure differential between individual tires.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 12:37   #3164
Distinguished - BHPian

TPMS will show alert for two scenarios. I am taking about TPMS of my XUV and also what I have read about online.

- Low pressure
- High temperature

I don't think they bother about high pressure.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 10th July 2018 at 12:38.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 13:23   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
The low pressure warning limit is set at the factory. The warning is not based on pressure differential between individual tires.

We can reset the low pressure warning limit from console, it is there in settings section. I have seen the TPMS working when I switched to Nitrogen on the very first day of car delivery. There was one error sign popped up which I later decoded was warning from TPMS module. I usually reset when I plan to make changes in tyre pressure while refills this need to done once you are on the new values.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks