Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2019, 07:52   #3856
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Got an updated price list for the Endaevour from Cauvery Ford Bangalore yesterday. The top end version has gone up by 78k ex-showroom. That is about 89k increase on the on road price in Bangalore.

The updated price list attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ndvr Pricelist May'19.pdf (200.2 KB, 469 views)
harikrishnanm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 14:18   #3857
BHPian

Just came back from the 40K KM. Mainly Oil change and all fluid top-up.. The Air filter was in good condition, so haven't changed it. The total bill came to 6200. The wheel nuts lost the grip, and got replaces all 24 in warranty.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 16:36   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnanm View Post
Got an updated price list for the Endaevour from Cauvery Ford Bangalore yesterday. The top end version has gone up by 78k ex-showroom. That is about 89k increase on the on road price in Bangalore.

That's quite a spike especially when translated to OTR.

Just a matter of time, I was expecting this jump considering the facelift saw no real price hike and the past two months were also stable.
Old 10th May 2019, 08:15   #3859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Prices are bound to increase.
The Endeavour was actually priced in his range mainly to compete with its direct rival -The Fortuner.
Had there been no Fortuner in India, the price of Endeavour would be much higher probably around 45 lakhs. With the top end Fortuner going to around 41 lakhs otr, Ford has also probably increased the price. All said and done, the Endeavour is perfect value for money SUV you can buy in this segment.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 22:04   #3860
BHPian

Hello Gentlemen - After much struggle and heavy weather, I managed to test drive the 3.2L beast today. Now I know why the Endeavour has a cult following. I also test drove the Hexa, the Crysta, the Compass over the past couple of weeks. I am happy to report that after having experienced the Endeavour, I will stretch my budget and take on hardships in my life, but my next car will be the 3.2.

Just one quick question (in my excitement, I forgot to test this aspect). How easy/difficult is highway overtaking in the Endeavour? Does it ever feel underpowered?

Also, I'd like to know your thoughts on if it makes sense to wait for the 2.0L bi turbo which I understand is more performant and also possibly 1-2 lakh rupees more expensive.

A couple of phone shots of the beast I drove.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190518_142145.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190518_142332.jpg

Last edited by rovingeye : 18th May 2019 at 22:10.
rovingeye is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 22:52   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post

Just one quick question (in my excitement, I forgot to test this aspect). How easy/difficult is highway overtaking in the Endeavour? Does it ever feel underpowered?

Also, I'd like to know your thoughts on if it makes sense to wait for the 2.0L bi turbo which I understand is more performant and also possibly 1-2 lakh rupees more expensive.

A couple of phone shots of the beast I drove.

Attachment 1877097

Attachment 1877098
75% City 25% Highway - Never have I ever felt the need for additional power from the truck. There is always ample torque available and the engine+gearbox combo calmly work in such a way that you will need to check on the speedo intermittently so that you are not driving in legally insane highway speeds.

In my opinion - Biturbo might not be worth the wait since there isn't any definite timeline in place for it's intended launch.
vijay.sundar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 00:39   #3862
BANNED

Quote:
The Endeavor is a breeze to overtake anything, be it any other SUV in its segment or trucks/Volvo's/most other cars.

In fact, I recommend you take a highway TD, it'll expose you to many other advantages of the truck that you wouldn't have noticed.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 10:41   #3863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
75% City 25% Highway - Never have I ever felt the need for additional power from the truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Endeavor is a breeze to overtake anything, be it any other SUV in its segment or trucks/Volvo's/most other cars.
Thanks guys. Appreciate your inputs. I may not be able to get another test drive since arranging one in Delhi is a herculean task. The TD I took was in Pune where I am currently, visiting family. Therefor, I will trust the collective wisdom of the forum.

Question for NCR folks - which is the best dealer in and around Delhi? Any references, please PM.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:55   #3864

Quote:
Thanks guys. Appreciate your inputs. I may not be able to get another test drive since arranging one in Delhi is a herculean task. The TD I took was in Pune where I am currently, visiting family. Therefor, I will trust the collective wisdom of the forum.

Question for NCR folks - which is the best dealer in and around Delhi? Any references, please PM.
You will never find the Endeavour wanting more power. I have driven it on highways ranging from NCR to North. Never I felt any hiccups. Also the Sequential mode(Sports) gives more thrust on hills. If u want, I can tell my sales person to give you a Highway TD in Gurgaon.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2019 at 22:21. Reason: Acronym
ravikrai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 11:54   #3865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's 43 lac on road in Bangalore Pray, why can't Ford give us an MT 4WD, even if in the 2.2 lit guise?!
Old 19th May 2019, 12:28   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikrai View Post
If u want, I can tell my sales person to give you a Highway TD in Gurgaon.
Thanks. However, I can't PM you or send you an email with my number.

Btw, I just spoke to couple of dealers both in Pune as well as in Delhi. Apparently, there is a huge supply/demand imbalance for which there are no discounts available. In fact, the sales guy says, due to elections, the markets are frozen and there is a 30-45 days wait period. But wait a minute, there is just one black colored 3.2L which has gotten despatched from Chennai and is in transit. The buyer who originally booked it is dilly dallying, due to which the salesman will strike his name off and put my name in his place if I pay him 50k tonight.

What a bunch of crock. Do these tricks still work?

I've told him, sure I'll pay you 50k. Just send me the VIN number first.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 19:17   #3867

Quote:
Thanks. However, I can't PM you or send you an email with my number.

Well, in my case it actually happened. We had booked the car, but a slot got cleared for us for the color that we'd ordered and our sales guy booked the in-transit car for us. Surprisingly we got the car in about 10 days of booking, including registration initiation, weekends and other processes.
dragunov11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 20:24   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
Good decision asking him for the VIN before handing over the booking amount.
That way the ball is in your court and you can thoroughly check vehicle details before making any payment.
Dealers are known to pull a fast one on customers who they think are eager to buy a vehicle on urgent basis.
Best to confirm its manufacturing month before plonking 40 big ones.
All the best to you in your purchase process.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 21:41   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What a bunch of crock. Do these tricks still work?

Seems like similar experience I had at two dealerships. I have posted my experience in the what car section. I was in the market for a capable SUV with reliability and a peaceful ownership. I have my decision made. I hope you have TDed the other vehicles in this category as well over various terrains.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 21:54   #3870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
there is just one black colored 3.2L which has gotten despatched from Chennai and is in transit. The buyer who originally booked it is dilly dallying
There can be many reasons including Finance or problems due to a specific colour. Normally, it will be unfair to ask for VIN without making a booking in my opinion, perhaps the month of manufacturing should suffice. The facelift was launched recently and cars are indeed moving. If you are oK with the colour, best will be to go to the showroom, sit with their marketing head and finalise the deal.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th May 2019 at 22:21.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks