Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 20:49   #46
BHPian

Re: USED!! D Segment entry level luxury with 10-12L Budget

Guys, how much should I pay for the below ones, what would be the best buy price ?

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...ccord-D549703/

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...ccord-D550574/
Old 1st March 2014, 22:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Accord is easily available in the used car market. Loads of them floating around but within 20-30k run range. Actually i dont mind. The DSG bhoot is the main thing which is bothering me. 99% it would be the Accord. Any idea on the Teana?
I personally wouldn't be averse to a 20k run Honda at all, they are built to last and are still young at that age. In fact, I had bought a City that had run 18,000 clicks on the odo some years back and it was a fill-it, forget-it kind of car. The Superb is no doubt better, but the ghost of that DQ200 DSG is a big worry.

Mind you, I drive a DQ250 shorn car (a Jetta), and it's new, but the diesel DSG cars have had a less troubled past. See if you can find one of those if possible!

The Teana barely ever sold in the first place, so finding one on the market will be tricky. Moreover, parts will be hard to come by compared to the Accord for sure since it would have to be imported, I reckon. The Accord or a Diesel Superb is a better bet.

Coming to the cars you posted...

This one sports a decent price tag, but it's being sold by Mahindra First Choice. I wouldn't touch them with a 20 feet barge pole, steer clear of them. Look around the forums and you'll find plenty of threads talking about how they can be very sneaky.

Notice the remarkable markup on the other car that you posted compared to the Mahindra First Choice one. This sounds more like what is being quoted for an Accord. The dealer won't budge much below 11L (if that), and if you're patient, you can get one from a buyer for a better price. For the dealer to be selling at 11.5L, he must have bought it at 10L or less. Petrol automatics have terrible resale these days. Ask me, i just sold one

Eventually, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. You'll have to go check the car(s) out in person and check everything thoroughly. Please don't be in a hurry, with some patience you can and will crack a great deal. Try to avoid buying from a dealer, look for an individual seller. That's where the real value is in the used car market.
Old 2nd March 2014, 00:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Of the two, The Superb is better, but it ofcourse has reliability issues which you will most certainly not have in an Accord. Honestly a well maintained Honda that has done 50000+kms will also be perfectly sound.

However, since you specified that the car ought to be easy to drive and family friendly with a nice rear seat, if looks and a sporty drive are no concern, please look no further than the Nissan Teana. The Ottoman styled seating, panoramic roof, vibration absorbing layer under the leather seats, the eloctronic power steering unit, ride quality and CVT all scream comfort and ease of use. Oh and the rear seat comfort is unparalleled let me tell you that! the car will surely bowl you over. I am a proper petrol-head who puts chassis, engine and gearbox first BUT even with the un-enthusiastic chassis, the lazy V6 and the elastic CVT the sheer level of comfort did bowl me over and I haven't to this day, stopped recommending this car to friend's parents

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd March 2014 at 00:37.
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:40   #49
BHPian

@Iliketurtles: I was personally preferring under 15-20K run but its difficult to find one, so upto 30K run should be fine considering the Honda reliability. Teana and Superb are out of the list for now. After you mentioned about the Mahindra thing i read the forums and it seems better to stay away from such malpracticing dealers. I am looking for the direct seller who can give a better deal instead of dealer. I am in no hurry to buy the bull immediately and currently i am not even in India until next week, once i am back will start the real search. Even for the Beat which i had bought was a 5 month old 6K run bought on loan by the neighbor and he was unable to repay his loan and i repaid it and took the car for 360K. A April 2011 LT model with all types of accessories only 6K run in 6 months. Sold it off with 18K on the clock last wee for 250K. Direct deals are less fishy and costs less plus you save on the brokerage.
@IshaanIan: I would stay away from the Superb, need peace of mind bro. When I am away and father or wife gets stuck middle way you know and can imagine what will be the outcome.
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@IshaanIan: I would stay away from the Superb, need peace of mind bro. When I am away and father or wife gets stuck middle way you know and can imagine what will be the outcome.
Precisely why I have focused my post on recommending the Teana. Unless you intend to drive enthusiastically, nothing comes close. You will have to check up on how expensive it is to maintain (everything in the D2/entry level luxury segment will be a shocker in this area ) but availability of parts is certainly not an issue
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:21   #51
BHPian

How about the XUV500? will it be fair enough to compare the comfort level with the accord?
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend a Jetta TDI 2010 or 2011 MKV which are going for prices around 8-9L. This car is a killer buy that is loaded with goods and finding a clean car is actually very easy with complete records. These cars can be serviced outside the service centre and parts are actually available outside. From bumpers to all consumables as well as engine parts to transmission parts. The car rides exceptionally well. The manual transmission has minimal failure of components compared to an automatic superb, jetta or laura.

The other option is a Toyota. I would be tempted to get an innova knowing for your likings the size is not a deal breaker. Even an used Corolla is a great option.
Old 19th March 2014, 09:16   #53
BHPian

Re: 10 lakh budget. New car, used car or wait and increase budget?

Update!! Bought the accord finally! Its a Dec 2009 Model, run only 37K genuine. Its a 2.4L AT Model with Inspire kit. Got it checked at arya honda before buying it, got clean chit and pretty good service they provided for Rupees 562.00. Multiple types of checks were performed. I paid 8.5L with renewed insurance and transfer costs paid by the dealer.
Old 19th March 2014, 21:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update!! Bought the accord finally! Its a Dec 2009 Model, run only 37K genuine. Its a 2.4L AT Model with Inspire kit. Got it checked at arya honda before buying it, got clean chit and pretty good service they provided for Rupees 562.00. Multiple types of checks were performed. I paid 8.5L with renewed insurance and transfer costs paid by the dealer.
Congratulations. Seems like a safe and good deal would love to see an ownership thread with you buying experience and also pictures
Old 8th April 2014, 14:00   #55
BHPian

I'm in a similar dilemma.

Budget is 10-12L OTR Mumbai. Considering Honda city petrol as well as diesel. Any idea what other cars can be considered in this price range ? Wouldn't mind stretching to 13 if I get a great deal on jetta or corolla
Old 8th April 2014, 14:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
I'm in a similar dilemma.

Budget is 10-12L OTR Mumbai. Considering Honda city petrol as well as diesel. Any idea what other cars can be considered in this price range ? Wouldn't mind stretching to 13 if I get a great deal on jetta or corolla
Jetta 1.4 tsi is a superb choice, if you're sticking your neck out into the D1 segment. If you want to play it safe, the city is always a good choice but I would always head to the Fiat or Ford showroom
Old 8th April 2014, 16:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Jetta 1.4 tsi is a superb choice, if you're sticking your neck out into the D1 segment. If you want to play it safe, the city is always a good choice but I would always head to the Fiat or Ford showroom

Thanks !

Not a big fan of ford.

Reliability is a priority. That's why thinking of Honda !

How much do you think a jetta 1.4 will cost me ? Sounds quite tempting.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:54   #58
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Now, this is my dilemma.

Currently i have a 10 lakh rupee budget for buying a car. Can't stretch my budget. i need a performance oriented car (not crazy performance, but a self driven driver friendly car). I drive around 150 kilometers a week and don't care about diesel or petrol cost or supreme comfort. I do need an automatic though. i normally keep my car for 5-6years before selling it. I have a type 2 1.5 OHC and love it's performance and handling. So i need a car that does significantly better than that. i don't like to buy a car on loan or emi. I won't spend money that i don't have.

These are my options:

1) Buy an ANHC auto. But apparently not very great on performance. I so not looking forward to it but still an option. Will linea be offered in auto and will it be significantly better than OHC?
I would suggest you look at Vento TSI. But get an extended warranty for DSG problems. But saying that, City is the overall winner I think.
If you can wait and double your budget, Octavia or next-gen Corolla might be a good buy.
Old 11th April 2014, 17:25   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
I would suggest you look at Vento TSI. But get an extended warranty for DSG problems. But saying that, City is the overall winner I think.
If you can wait and double your budget, Octavia or next-gen Corolla might be a good buy.
Thanks but LOL.

Look at the date when the thread was started.

I already bought a merc and sold it off also last month.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:03   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations. Seems like a safe and good deal would love to see an ownership thread with you buying experience and also pictures
Here are the pictures of the Accord. Did the regular Oil pani change, transmission oil change. Interior polishing and engine bay dressing. There was no oil leaking from the Power steering but was a bit hard, got the rack overhauled and change the joints. Overall a very very comfortable AT car. Father happy wife happy family is happy . They all can drive a AT car.
Attached Thumbnails
10 lakh budget. New car, used car or wait and increase budget?-img_20140330_154019.jpg  

10 lakh budget. New car, used car or wait and increase budget?-img_20140330_154042.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks