Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathattingal View Post
Dear all,
I am planing to buy a diesel car. I check the new Verna (Diesel base model) & Fiesta (new ZXI model). I liked both, but people says that Ford spare and service is very costly. Please give me your valuable advise and pick me right choice from the above.
well if are planning to buy a diesel car and have choices limited to the Ford and The Hyundai - the choice is clear cut.

The Hyundai simply rocks here - though it falls short in the driving characteristics to the Ford Fiesta it more than makes it up with its pick up, and value overall.

One more thing - diesel is justified if your daily driving is at least 60kms+ daily. Less than that the overall value of owning a car (petrol to diesel) would be more for the diesel in comparison to the petrol.

Also note that the upfront cost of the Ford Fiesta ZXI is less than the Hyundai Verna D. The resale would be lower too - likewise. AS.S. cost would be identical for both (moderators please comment - i never owned a verna D and service cost of Ford Ikon was definitely higher) .

And lastly if you do opt for the Verna (which is a winner and hyundai has no plans to replace it in the next 2 years) - do opt for the one with ABS and air bags. Striclty necessary for this beast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks