Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one to Buy Safari or Innova?
Tata Safari 18 47.37%
Toyota Innova 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:21   #31
BHPian

Wow thanks geeash!

was out of town so probably by this weekend will go again for a TD and check it, between business seems to be optimistic and santro might go for 2.8L so how's the idea of getting a Inova for 10.5L!, pls pour your suggestions guys.

manam oru korangu

wow! thanks geeash,

Between business seems to be good and I got offers up to 2.8L for the santro, so thought of streaching a bit and going for Innova.

Suggestions are welcome guys and thanks in advance.

Manam oru korangu

Mods: please change title to :Upgrading from santro to anything under sun for 10L, which drives!

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd June 2009 at 20:16. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks
Old 24th June 2009, 13:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,

The Innova is definitely a very comfortable car, and with 5 adults (parents, you, wife, driver) and the baby, it will definitely be a good choice.
However, please buy the top of the line V variant for its safety features.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:47   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
since then my inlaws are suffering from back pains during long journeys and I thought a good midsizer wouuld job and hit the market, boy and I have choices and choices
Quote:
I am still not able to come to a conclusion on the comfort part.
If low speed comfort is your top priority, don't look at the Linea. It has a stiff low speed ride and only moderate rear bench space. The Honda City is better, good seat and better ride at low speeds, only check whether the aged in your family have a problem with its low perched seat.

Comfort + Highway running:

1. Innova : With captain seats (preferred). Seats slide front and back, backrest incline adjustable and each passenger has his own armrest.

2. Safari : Outstanding ride quality + comfort. Don't expect Hyundai like reliability though.

P.S. : You want a comfortable car for your inlaws? That statement is a paradox at best!
Old 24th June 2009, 18:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
between business seems to be optimistic and santro might go for 2.8L so how's the idea of getting a Inova for 10.5L!, pls pour your suggestions guys.
Hi Makesh, As i said earler as well,

if you have the budget of 10.5L, if your car is being driven by a driver and if you have a good parking area, then Innova is the best vehicle available now in India. i have not encountered any other one as comfortable and reliable as Innova. I always hire Innova when i am on travel to Delhi/Mumbai and have found that even as high as 43 deg C outside, car is very cool inside. go for the version which offers front + rear A/C vents.
Old 28th June 2009, 10:52   #35
BHPian

Am able to post at last..Addiction!

Hi Lamborghini, thanks for the advice was also considering the same but not sure if I will be able to afford the V as it costs 12.5L on road here in coimbatore.

Hei GTO!, Innova stands first in the list now but have to give a serious try to Safari GX version, 30K less than Innova and more features.

Between my inlaws are aunt and uncle to me before they actually became inlaws, her mother is my dads sister, so caring comes naturally, maybe you have someting else..!

Thanks starvegabond, I coudnt agree more.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:23   #36
BHPian

I would say between the Innova and the Safari, go for the Innova. The Safari might have more features but is mediocre at best in terms of refinement, reliability and overall quality.

Is a new car absolutely a must for you (I'm not sure if you mentioned this before)? If not, look for a used Innova V or any other good used car for that matter. I'm sure you can find a pretty good deal that way.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Other than the innova do check out the optra magnum. The base version is less than 10L onroad.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Innova-V is the vehicle for you.
It comes will all the features of a luxury sedan.Perfect for long journeys and most reliable A.S.S.
Has good road capabilities & presence.
You will never regret buying one.
cheers.
Old 1st July 2009, 18:23   #39
BHPian

Thanks Adithyav, there is a huge gap in quality and refinment between safari and Innova, but there's also a huge difference in price that's what is preventing me from making a decesion.

Cooldude1988765 thanks for the reply but GM is a strict no no.

Ramsagar, V is approx 12.5L on road in coimbatore which is way beyond my wallet.

Guys I think I have almost running the last lap, its betwen safari and Innova now, please help me in deciding between both, also let me know how much is the discount I can get- TATA is offering 20 to 25K and Toyota is offering nothing!, is this true or dealer is trying to cover me. Anyone in Team-Bhp can help me get good discounts in coimbatore for Safari or Innova?

Mods please change the title to - Upgrading from santro clash of the titans- Innova vs Safari

Please also include a poll for the same.

Thanks as always.
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adithyav, there is a huge gap in quality and refinment between safari and Innova, but there's also a huge difference in price that's what is preventing me from making a decesion.

Cooldude1988765 thanks for the reply but GM is a strict no no.

Ramsagar, V is approx 12.5L on road in coimbatore which is way beyond my wallet.

Guys I think I have almost running the last lap, its betwen safari and Innova now, please help me in deciding between both, also let me know how much is the discount I can get- TATA is offering 20 to 25K and Toyota is offering nothing!, is this true or dealer is trying to cover me. Anyone in Team-Bhp can help me get good discounts in coimbatore for Safari or Innova?

Mods please change the title to - Upgrading from santro clash of the titans- Innova vs Safari

Please also include a poll for the same.

Thanks as always.
Innova-G4 will fit the bill.Yes you may not get any discounts on Innova(Corporate discount only).Hazel free,as long as you use it..New model of innova looks good than the earlier one.
see if you can streach a bit for V,you will be a complete man.
Safari:though you lot of goodies & discount of 20k,you will be spending the same money for other niggles.
I'm not letting down the safari here,its the fact.but safari is great in its own way.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

@Makesh: Dont go and buy the car based on the poll results.
At the end of the day it is your money, you have to live with the car not the people who voted for it.
I advice you to write down all the things you like and dislike about both the cars and then make your decision.
Read the reviews on both innova and safari. Most of the safari owners love their safaris, but they have spent quite a lot of time in garages trying to fix it up. The safari owners will give you better info.

The innova is a lot more reliable. service interval at 10k kms and you dont have to worry about anything but filling diesel and wheel alignment (every 5k) in between 10k kms. We have 3 innovas in our family each of them has been replaced with innovas again (after doing 1L+ kms). We cannot think of another MUV/SUV that is a better choice than the innova under 20-25L. Probably only the fortuner will be as good as the innova. The main minus points on the innova for me are the looks and it feels slightly underpowered.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:38   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hei GTO!, Innova stands first in the list now but have to give a serious try to Safari GX version, 30K less than Innova and more features.
The Safari can only dream about the reliability, trouble-free nature and longetivity of the Innova. Peace of the mind, high speed manners, all-roundedness = Toyota Innova.

Of course, the Safari beats the Innova in image, sheer ride quality and 4x4 option. But that's pretty much it.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest you to opt for innova, which perfectly suits your needs, if you can stretch your budget for V model, its a complete package yes its expensive but those safety are necessary for this kind of vehicles.
Congrats for your soon to become a father and for new vehicle to come.
Old 6th July 2009, 19:03   #44
BHPian

Hi Guys,

In a complete turn of events went and booked ANHC 1.5E for 8.85L on road Coimbatore, dealer also informed that mine is the last e version as Honda has stopped production as price clash between Jazz.

I started somewere but river always takes its twists and turns but sure to have enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks a million guys!

see ya all soon in Review section soon!
Old 7th July 2009, 09:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

In a complete turn of events went and booked ANHC 1.5E for 8.85L on road Coimbatore, dealer also informed that mine is the last e version as Honda has stopped production as price clash between Jazz.

I started somewere but river always takes its twists and turns but sure to have enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks a million guys!

see ya all soon in Review section soon!
Congratulations Makesh, on your ANHC purchase, enjoy your ride.
drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks