Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 15:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
I agree with you completely, the reason I am selling my VDi is that I will shortly be moving from Hyderabad back to north, and taking the car with all the paper work done will be a pain in the @ss, already spent days to get the car registered in AP, so will sell it here and a buy a new one...

And you are abosolutely right about Maruti's service network and quality, one mail to them in case of an issue and the entire dealership comes to your doorstep on their knees
If you have maintained the car well, it still may be worth the effort. The car meets your needs, in two years you will have extracted much more value from it, kept aside all the money saved, and will have a lot more and better cars to choose from at that time. Boring advice, but good advice generally is!
Old 14th August 2009, 16:15   #17
BHPian

@Sawyer - Thanks, not boring but I have decided to sell the car so please advice from there on
Old 14th August 2009, 16:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I sailed in the same boat as you couple of years back when i was going back to delhi from hyderabad.

OT which company do you work for?
you have a Private message
Old 15th August 2009, 15:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

I garee that your paper work will be a pain.
why dont you sell a swift vdi and go north and get a swift zxi. will be worth the money. and it satisfies all your requirements. and petrol because you travel only 1200km/month

Last edited by geeash : 15th August 2009 at 15:13.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:41   #20
BHPian

After a lot of thought, we (me and my wife) ruled out the possibility of keeping two cars (one small and one gypsy/custom jeep), so it boiled down to just one car with moderate off-roading capability. Now the 4X4 are out of question since they are way too expensive, and the basic ones (Bolero 4X4, Gurkha, Gypsy) do not have the everyday creature comfort.

Will Safari or Scorpio 4X2 be a good option ?
How are they for moderate offroading (jungle trails, hills, leh/ladakh type of terrain) ?
Old 16th August 2009, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Why don't you consider a used Scorpio.
I had suggested the same, earlier in the thread.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I had suggested the same, earlier in the thread.
sorry but used vehicle would be the last option in my list, when I exhaust all the other options,

BTW how would be the new soon to be launched SX4 Diesel, its ground clearance is decent and with a a diesel engine it would be a good option
Old 16th August 2009, 13:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajat,

I have moved states quite a few times but I didn't bother changing the reg because you never know where you are going to go next. Now since you have already got your VDi changed to AP reg, its better to sell the car in Hyd and enjoy the higher resale value compared to Delhi.

As per Carwale you should be able to get anywhere between 4-4.4Lacs for your car. EMI of 6k/month = 2.7L (Approx) Loan amount. So basically you have about 6.7 - 7 lacs budget.

Now coming to your monthly running of only 1200KM, I feel should be buying petrol. Unless you plan to do serious long drives apart from the short city drives. If that is the case and you are planning to do atleast 20k km/year then diesel is ok. else I would say no.

Now within your budget, new 4x4 are not available except the Gypsy, but I'm not sure whether you will be able to live with it only vehicle. So i would say 4X4 option is out.

Now amongst the options chosen, you only have the Bolero which satisfies almost all your needs except the 4x4. Within Bolero range, then you can look at either the DI Turbo ( a little slow but exceptional mileage) or the CRDe (Amazing point and shoot vehicle).
Old 16th August 2009, 14:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

rajat, according to me Xylo would be the best, the seating is very comfortable for ALL! including guys sitting in the last row. car is very peppy. since the seating position is high it works well both in city aswel as on highway...best part bad roads dont bother it at all.

second option is Bolero...

Both of these vehicles are easy to maintain aswell
Old 16th August 2009, 14:08   #25
BHPian

Hi Rajat,
As already suggested by MileCruncher, i also would ask you to go with Bolero. I would ask you to go and have a test drive. If you increase your bugdget by 50K i think you can go for a basic Scorpio.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:23   #26
BHPian

Scorpio Lx or Xylo is where I would put my two cents.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:52   #27
BANNED

I am not sure whether it will be within your budget, otherwise the Innova will win hands down. It is rugged, is still more car like than others, has a bulletproof quality, and so on.
Old 17th August 2009, 19:06   #28
BHPian

@all - Thanks, following is my opinion about your suggestions,

Bolero - Still in my radar
Xylo - No offence to anyone, beautiful to some but very ill designed vehicle for me, looks like the design team has some internal politics and they decided not to work in sync with each other
Scorpio LX - Too much body roll amongst all the SUVs but still considering
Innova - Amazing car, but again I don't like it much

@MileCruncher - Sir...you might have moved between states but I don't think you ended up paying 40K taxes everytime, since I paid here and ofcourse due to the higher resale value I am selling my car here
Old 18th August 2009, 01:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
@all - Thanks, following is my opinion about your suggestions,

Bolero - Still in my radar
Xylo - No offence to anyone, beautiful to some but very ill designed vehicle for me, looks like the design team has some internal politics and they decided not to work in sync with each other
Scorpio LX - Too much body roll amongst all the SUVs but still considering
Innova - Amazing car, but again I don't like it much
Don't you want to test drive one of the most comfortable rides and one of the most loved one on T-BHP with in this price bracket ? Even 4x2 has enough pulling power to take you anywhere and negotiate gravel and slush owing to low gear ratio in 1st and 2nd gear and awesome torque and power , Many got converted to the cult on T-BHP.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Rajath,

The diesel SX4 will not be launched any soon as Fiat is not ready to supply the engine till jan next year, so only expect it by end of the year 2010. Safari is a good option in 4X2 but its slightly expensive to maintain. On the other hand look for a brand new 4X2 Scorpio, you minght be able to source a 2008 model form the showrooms in delhi which will be a steal, it will well fit your budget and will give you a great road presence. But still i feel that you hardly need a high GC car to drive in Delhi/NCR, you can look for a cheap used ofroader for very occational offroading which you might do, but buying one for your daily commute would not be a wise decission IMHO. I drive a lancer, i am very satisfied with its capabilities. i have driven it through the worst streaches of western Ghats, where people usually go with a 4WD. but still performed well. So think wisely and remember >90% of SUV's in delhi are not used for offroading and are just a style statement. Any one spending > 700k on an SUV is not justified unless there is a purpose to it. Just my 2 cents.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks