Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 20:16   #31
BHPian

Cedia Sports is a good choice.
It's a very comfortable city car which is even more enjoyable after work hours.

Do consider a tyre upgrade to improve both ride and handling compared to the stock tyre.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
Cedia Sports is a good choice.
It's a very comfortable city car which is even more enjoyable after work hours.

Do consider a tyre upgrade to improve both ride and handling compared to the stock tyre.
What do you recommend? I have seen references to Michelin PP2 and Yokohama AD07 or S-series for their handling, but I do want to maintain ride quality since most of my driving will be commuting in traffic over roads of varying quality.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Fan View Post
What do you recommend? I have seen references to Michelin PP2 and Yokohama AD07 or S-series for their handling, but I do want to maintain ride quality since most of my driving will be commuting in traffic over roads of varying quality.
I have Michelin PP2 205/60R15, and it has a good balance of ride and handling.
Ride is a lot better than the stock tyres, but it's mainly performance oriented.
Michelin Primacy LC seems to be a good option for comfortable and low noise ride.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recently checked (about a week back) and AD07 are not available in Delhi, checked with the regional manager itself, still if you find a way to get them let me know as well, me looking for tyre change as well. Was quoted 7200 for AD07 but couldnt get them. AD08's were available though but I was quoted 8300 for the same.

The S-drive are about 4600 each and PPS2 about 5600 each. I think I will go with S-drives, no specific reason but heart says Yokohama. Since my burget was about 6500, 08s are way above that.

In between, the size I checked for is 205/55/R15.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:06   #35
BHPian

And how much would I get for my stock Bridgestones right out of the showroom (i.e. less than 100 km)? Would a Michelin/Yokohama dealer buy them off me?
Old 8th October 2009, 15:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And how much would I get for my stock Bridgestones right out of the showroom (i.e. less than 100 km)? Would a Michelin/Yokohama dealer buy them off me?
New Bridgestone tyres are for about 4600, so you should get atleast 3k each. The problem is most Michelin and yokohama dealers are dedicated Michelin and yokohama dealers as in, one selling yokohama will only have yokohama and one selling Michelin will only have Michelin, atleast thats what I encountered in central and west delhi. You may have to locate a dealer who sell bridgestones as well..
Old 9th October 2009, 00:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar auto market carries Yokohama as well as Michelin
Old 9th October 2009, 00:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

BK also carries Bridge stone.

Another shop carrying Michelin and Bridge stone is in Chittaranjan Park. Owned by a Sardarji, I do not recall the name but he has a big signboard facing the direction of approach with his photo on it. You cannot miss it 50+ years gent with white beard looking at you as you approach. Take a left coming from Nehru Place into CR Park. The shop is on this road near the first traffic signal just look out for the billboard with the photo on it to your left.
Old 9th October 2009, 02:33   #39
BHPian

car fan get yourself the cedia.

and don't worry about the launch of the new lancer it ain't gonna happen.

i think they won't launch the new lancer ralliart say for atleast 3 years i think. their focus is now more on the SUV front. they are into selling pajero, montero, less volume but more margin. so SUVs is the main mantra for mitsubishi.

they know that they can't compete with honda and toyota unless they offer something new and exciting and valueable . SUVs are easy to import and sell. they find some buyers easily who are mitsubishi fans or are out there for something different!

but think hard and you get the answer, they are not in a position to launch the next gen lancer as it will have to be produced here to keep cost under control. and even if they acheive it! they will have dismal volumes, so setting up a plant or something like that goes outta the window!! if they bring in the EVO then its gonna cost a bomb. as much as the 3 series!!

why you should buy the cedia!

1) best handling car in its class.

2) sports car feel. the car was the (EVO VIII) the chasis is best and sporty.

3) its old but i think it should be reliable and refined. (only 20 percent localisation)

4) view on people's face. woah what car is that!! isntantly sets you apart from the crowd!!

5) dunno if they offer this stuff but- carbon titanum finish dash, sports pedals, momo steering.sporty leather seats, OZ alloys a body kit. and lo behold sporty is running in its veins even if its lil dated looking! if buying in white get carbon black alloys! and paint the callipers RED!!

6) you can mod this car. i am not techy guy!! but this car has way more potential!

a JAZZ or a 2004 CRV cannot compete with outright sporty factor. go for cedia!
Old 9th October 2009, 11:11   #40
BHPian

Beg to differ here - if you havent already made up your mind.

If you are going to be chauffeured most of the times I dont think Cedia is the right choice. It is a drivers car - good handling, sporty etc.

If you were so sold on the used CRV which unfortunately didnt work out for you, I would suggest, why not keep looking for one? Try AutoTerrace. CRVs take a good amount of depreciation in their value during the first couple of yrs (unlike the City)

It would be far more comfortable at the back, far more 'safer' and for sure has greater on-the-road presence.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:59   #41
BHPian

The dealer just told me that I will get a discount but that it will not be reflected in the invoice: I will just pay them the full price Rs 9,90,000 minus the discount.

Is that how it works?
Old 9th October 2009, 16:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer just told me that I will get a discount but that it will not be reflected in the invoice: I will just pay them the full price Rs 9,90,000 minus the discount.

Is that how it works?
At times, yes. They may ask you to do what you just wrote.
Have also seen examples where they may take the full 'white' payment and give you 'cash back'.
This is typically done where there is a cartel system where all the dealers have mutual decided to 'stick to a sale price' and are unofficially giving discounts.

If you are are thinking on depreciation tax benefits, its not a bad option IMHO. You spend less, but you get tax breaks on the higher 'billed value'.

OT - Do check out the manufacture date of the vehicle. Shouldn't be a 6+ months old model. Its a slow moving car, hence there is a possibility of old stock.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:02   #43
BHPian

Will check manufacturing date although the dealer implied that he will order a new car minus stickers to be delivered from the factor. I asked a friend who is a dealer for another firm who said that while unusual it is perfectly legal - only thing is that the road tax and insurance will be pegged to the full rather than discounted amount. (Btw he is a car dealer for a third company and suggested that Mitsubishi dealers are not as reliable as Honda dealers).

I did an email poll of friends and relatives to choose between white and yellow and was surprised by a slight majority for yellow (female- and odler woman-dominated)! I think some of them are motivated by wanting to see me look silly in a bright yellow car, so will probably go for white.

Btw I agree that the CR-V is a better car in some ways but since my original post my driver has been despatched for gross negligence and I am thinking of not replacing him - the Cedia effect!
Old 9th October 2009, 21:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
At times, yes. They may ask you to do what you just wrote.
Have also seen examples where they may take the full 'white' payment and give you 'cash back'.
This is typically done where there is a cartel system where all the dealers have mutual decided to 'stick to a sale price' and are unofficially giving discounts.

If you are are thinking on depreciation tax benefits, its not a bad option IMHO. You spend less, but you get tax breaks on the higher 'billed value'.

OT - Do check out the manufacture date of the vehicle. Shouldn't be a 6+ months old model. Its a slow moving car, hence there is a possibility of old stock.
what about the insaurance cost wouldn't that be calculated on the "billed price".? how does that work in this case!

@car_fan! thank god you went with the car with no stickers. i haven't seen a cedia with those on!

but just yesterday i saw one in black shining and sorta new. i don't it was the sports model but it had old alloys! are you gonna get that momo steering and oz alloys version of cedia or without it?

Last edited by Caramelo : 9th October 2009 at 21:20.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is that how it works?
It may be to do with Mitsubishi's strict policy on One County One Price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks