Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:11   #61
BHPian

Slight delay in delivery dates because of HM factory closure for Diwali... now expected by 28 October or thereabouts. Anticipation is rising...
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:27   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Fan View Post
Slight delay in delivery dates because of HM factory closure for Diwali... now expected by 28 October or thereabouts. Anticipation is rising...
Congrats. I know the wait is painful though!, you won't regret your decision.

I learned one thing after buying a CEDIA, 20 months back. 'All new' is not always best, there are still good things around if you keep your eyes and ears opened.

Never had a problem with *** till today. May be because never had a problem with my car!
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:55   #63
BHPian

To be honest I do have some misgivings about plonking down 10L on what is essentially a 2003 design that has been detuned to 115bhp!

But it feels so right while driving, especially in comparison with the Corolla Altis and in some ways even the Civic, that I could not resist. The decent low end torque and refined engine make it a real pleasure to drive, as do the understated interiors. And Mitsubishi has a heavier "European" feel combined with the Japanese reliability that you have mentioned. Plus you feel a bit of a rebel owning one!

Abroad I would probably have gone for a 3-series BMW. I think this car captures some of that spirit (in the context of Delhi's lousy roads and heavy traffic). Not sure I would survive the daily heart attacks driving a 30L car on these streets!
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

^^Well I recently had not one but five test drives of the 320d/325i/320i. I was very very disappointed to be honest. The steering was heavy but not as precise as what I drive. Neither was the ride anything to write home about - super bumpy and gets completely unsettled when there's a dip on the road.

It felt very twichy and the car wasn't as planted as I'd expect at high speeds. It also had brakes that felt quite on - off.

All in all, I missed my car while driving the 3. Not impressed! The 5 on the other hand was marvelous.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:28   #65
BHPian

Interesting; I rode in (not drove) a BMW 335 (I think) in the US, and at highway speeds it was marvellous. Obviously road and traffic conditions are very different here. This might also explain why the 5 series sells better than the 3 series in India.

Interesting point: According to the car sales September 2009 thread, Mitsubishi sold 1,500-1,600 vehicles in India in January-September 2009. But my car identification number (2009 model) is in the vicinity of 2500. What gives? Exports?

Last edited by Car Fan : 23rd October 2009 at 11:47.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:50   #66
BHPian

Sorry, make that 1,800 Mitsubishi vehicles in 2009 up to September.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HappY Diwali .. I know how difficult it is to wait for the new ride but it will definately be worth a wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
'All new' is not always best, there are still good things around if you keep your eyes and ears opened.

Never had a problem with *** till today. May be because never had a problem with my car!
I agree 100% with you on this. The car is truely stands tall to the Japanese promise of reliability. Moreover it adds the word performance to the Japanese league!

Quote:
Plus you feel a bit of a rebel owning one!

Abroad I would probably have gone for a 3-series BMW. I think this car captures some of that spirit (in the context of Delhi's lousy roads and heavy traffic). Not sure I would survive the daily heart attacks driving a 30L car on these streets!
Exclusivity at a great price, dont expect anything better than this at this price, atleast not in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Well I recently had not one but five test drives of the 320d/325i/320i. I was very very disappointed to be honest. The steering was heavy but not as precise as what I drive. Neither was the ride anything to write home about - super bumpy and gets completely unsettled when there's a dip on the road. It felt very twichy and the car wasn't as planted as I'd expect at high speeds. It also had brakes that felt quite on - off. All in all, I missed my car while driving the 3. Not impressed! The 5 on the other hand was marvelous.
Quote:
Interesting; I rode in (not drove) a BMW 335 (I think) in the US, and at highway speeds it was marvellous. Obviously road and traffic conditions are very different here. This might also explain why the 5 series sells better than the 3 series in India.
Certianly, the road conditions are different in India. The primary reason for extremely bumpy ride in a 3 series is the run flat tyres. A friend of mine owns a 320d and when we go out for a drive, we really are on a roller coster ride on bumpy road, but when you drive it on good roads (around shanti path area in Delhi, the car comes alive). Cornering abilities are amasing and so is the diesel torque. I felt the steering was great and very responsive. What I miss in the cedia is the sports steering, the steering in the old sport is HUGE.

Brakes in 3, according to my friend are great as he escaped an accident at 180km/hr speed on Delhi-gurgaon highway when a trailer suddenly tried to change its lane with out indicating and came in to our extreme right lane. He braked hard and the car came to about 30-40kms in a couple of seconds. When I drove the car, I also felt the brakes were really good. Cant comment on high speed stability, I have just seen 140 on the od and till then it was very good. One has to be very careful driving a BMW in Delhi, they are just tooooooo famous.

All in all, cedia I believe is a great drivers car. Though I found the Octavia RS and Modeo to be good as well, reliability is certainly an issue there.

All the Best.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd October 2009 at 12:09.
Old 24th October 2009, 03:35   #68
BHPian

@ gaurav. we dont want another BMW kand (scandal) , keep it real guys and drive carefully, which i think as bhpians we all do.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Certianly, the road conditions are different in India. The primary reason for extremely bumpy ride in a 3 series is the run flat tyres. A friend of mine owns a 320d and when we go out for a drive, we really are on a roller coster ride on bumpy road, but when you drive it on good roads (around shanti path area in Delhi, the car comes alive). Cornering abilities are amasing and so is the diesel torque. I felt the steering was great and very responsive. What I miss in the cedia is the sports steering, the steering in the old sport is HUGE.

Brakes in 3, according to my friend are great as he escaped an accident at 180km/hr speed on Delhi-gurgaon highway when a trailer suddenly tried to change its lane with out indicating and came in to our extreme right lane. He braked hard and the car came to about 30-40kms in a couple of seconds. When I drove the car, I also felt the brakes were really good. Cant comment on high speed stability, I have just seen 140 on the od and till then it was very good. One has to be very careful driving a BMW in Delhi, they are just tooooooo famous
Well my complaints about the car were not about either the steering not being responsive or the brakes being bad. The steering is a tad too heavy at slow speeds and there's not that much feedback at high speeds. It more or less behaves very similarly. It was also a bit twichy - turn it a bit and it gets over enthusiastic - especially if you have stability control turned off. Maybe I felt so because I'm used a FWD.

The trouble I felt with the brakes were the on-off nature. There's no scope for modulating it. You are either braking totally or not braking at all. The travel in the pedal is really really short. Plus the diesel has lag at the absolute bottom. Not as bad as any other diesel but its there and can be felt.
Old 28th October 2009, 20:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude congratulations, the Cedia is an awesome car Any updates ? Have you taken the delivery ?
Old 29th October 2009, 14:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well my complaints .....and can be felt.
Whatever.. I will think over the issues when I plan to buy a 3 Series. Moreover, I will anyday prefer an evo over 3 series (petrol or diesel)

Quote:
Well my complaints about the car were not about either the steering not being responsive or the brakes being bad.
I never said or meant that you were complaining.

Quote:
The trouble I felt with the brakes were the on-off nature. There's no scope for modulating it. You are either braking totally or not braking at all. The travel in the pedal is really really short.
Its just that we are used to cedia's brakes. When I drive my cousin's lancer or the civic, I feel the same. The travel in pedal is short as compared to cedia. Niether of them are bad, just that one has to get used to it.

Quote:
Plus the diesel has lag at the absolute bottom. Not as bad as any other diesel but its there and can be felt.
Depends on which diesel you compare it to. I dont mind buying diesel even if it has a a bit of lag. Moreover, BMW claims its 320d engine to be better than the 325i.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th October 2009 at 14:10.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Dude congratulations, the Cedia is an awesome car Any updates ? Have you taken the delivery ?
Well as it happens I took delivery of a Chicago White Mitsubishi Cedia Sports a couple of hours ago! The story is not sadly over - they gave me a temporary registration number since they will register the car only once the balance cheque clears . They say the licence plates will be ready on Thursday.

So until then it will sit quietly in my parents' house, driven around the colony every now and then. I did drive it back from the showroom with my father and it was fantastic... he is now a fan of the Cedia (likes the refined and powerful engine, quality and understated interiors and of course the Kenwood GPS system which he now wants in his car too!). Also it drove very well in heavy Ring Road (Delhi) traffic. He kept telling me not to brake hard because other cars don't have such good brakes and could bang into my car's rear - so it is safe to say that he is fan.

My lawyers have advised me to post further information only once the car is registered in my name... just kidding, but of course I won't be driving it for a few days, so will post a report in due course.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations again bro, this time for getting the car
I know how it is with the temp thing, my car had a temp for a month because I wanted to register it from Haryana. Its like a kid sitting with a lollypop but not allowed to eat it.

No worries, just a day or two and you can unleash the monster.
Do post pics soon.
Have lots of fun and drive safe.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
He kept telling me not to brake hard because other cars don't have such good brakes and could bang into my car's rear - so it is safe to say that he is fan.
Your father is right. I transitioned from a hatch to CEDIA and experienced the same. I had a bike guy bank me from rear in the first week itself. I saw him through the IRVM, but could not help as I slammed right behind an auto. Since then, I am soft on brake in the city limits.

Good part is, unlike Honda cars, the bumpers are solid enough on CEDIA. So it won't rip your wallet. All that you may need is paint touch up.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:43   #75
BHPian

Also interestingly the dealer told me that there is no need to nurse the engine for the first couple of thousand kilometres - told me to rev it as much as I like.

I still think I will be cautious until the first 1,000 km service, but that was a surprise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks