Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sriraj

Anyways, you are also there. Hoping to see the car this evening from your reference
Old 6th March 2010, 02:02   #32
BHPian

Skoda is by far the better engineered car.....period.

Its basically reskinned to a new brand. The chassis and engines are however proven VW/Audi parts.

If you expect high quality and reliability, forget about the Hyundai. I'm not saying its an unreliable brand (Santros, I10s and Accents will testify) but when compared to the Germans, they are simply outclassed.
Old 6th March 2010, 15:02   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya View Post
Skoda is by far the better engineered car.....period.

Its basically reskinned to a new brand. The chassis and engines are however proven VW/Audi parts.

If you expect high quality and reliability, forget about the Hyundai. I'm not saying its an unreliable brand (Santros, I10s and Accents will testify) but when compared to the Germans, they are simply outclassed.
AFAIK Koreans and Japanese are more reliable than Skodas anyday.

I own a Elantra that has done 130k+ kms, it still feels like new and i have never heard of an unreliable Elantra.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:31   #34
BHPian

I have owned skoda and Elantra but trust me ask any good service engg in Hyundai he will tell you about its owes..; also i have seen Octavia diesels doing more than 5 lakh + mileage without any engine re-work ; trust me i have not seen any korean car doing it till date; yours might be first if it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

I own a Elantra that has done 130k+ kms, it still feels like new and i have never heard of an unreliable Elantra.

Last edited by raj.barcode : 6th March 2010 at 18:33.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:29   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Lauras, Superbs and Fabias may come with their own set of issues, but the Octavia 1.9 TDi is the classic simple robust-engineered German. The long-term reliability is stupendously good! Reason being, it doesn't have the complicated electronics, air-cons and DSG gearboxes of the newer Skodas. The Octavia 1.9 TDi is an honest Euro-diesel and is definitely more durable than the Elantra.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:36   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Lauras, Superbs and Fabias may come with their own set of issues, but the Octavia 1.9 TDi is the classic simple robust-engineered German. The long-term reliability is stupendously good! Reason being, it doesn't have the complicated electronics, air-cons and DSG gearboxes of the newer Skodas. The Octavia 1.9 TDi is an honest Euro-diesel and is definitely more durable than the Elantra.
but i read on TEAM-BHP other forums that SKODA cars specially OCTAVIA has loads of problems in it ??? shouldn't he go for elantra then ??
Old 7th March 2010, 21:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

^ That's only with the Octavia RS. The 1.9TDi is known to be reliable.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2010, 12:13   #38
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher : i vouch for the Octy. If you find a good private garage, your cost of ownership will also be reasonable.
Apart from routine service visits & one visit for changing the tie rods : my Octy has NEVER visited the service centre for any kind of work.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:10   #39
BHPian

+1 to Amogh's comment. I have a high mileage Octi as well and I can vouch for it too. The key is to treat her well and to find a 'good private garage/mechanic'.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:11   #40
BHPian

octavia is far better car than elantra.just find good independant garage for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks