Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 19:38   #16
BHPian

Hi
For driving inside the city i10 would be a better bet since you already have a decent drive for highways. SX4 is powerful but inside city in jammed traffics how is it going to help.
Cheers.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

IMO SX4 is a good choice. But it seems that you have already discarded it. If you did not want to buy Maruti car for 9L then why did you TD at all! Because may be there is something that you liked about it. SX4 is a good VFM.

There are certain advantages of each car. You yourself brought them out. I just want to suggest you that if you are holding back to buy SX4 just because it is a higher price tag car from maruti, then don't hold back. You wont regret it believe me.

Personally speaking, a 7L hatchback from hyundai also does not sound anything great too! Its not Honda. Hyundai in India atleast is not known for anything above hatchbacks.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post

Head says SX4, Heart says i20....as always, the heart shall prevail
Hey he's already made up his mind.....So have you booked the i20 yet? I was against the minor updates to the interior at first but they do make the car seem nicer.
Do let us know your progress
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:22   #19
BHPian

using heart while buying a car??? i hope he doesnt have to hold his heart in future, SX4 was and is anytime better than i20, he probably saw the exterior and went in for the looks. Thats about the only thing i20 has better than the sx4 other than torque!
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:05   #20
BHPian

My vote very well goes to Sx4 hand down. There is no comparison unless and until size matters. Go for an Sx4, gives you an upgraded segment to start with. I20 is not a bad vehicle, the drive is good and comfortable, but if you are in chennai you gonna have a pain maintaining the car with the kinda service they offer in all the service outlets, except KUN hyundai. Life of any hyundai car is 5yrs and nothing more, after that it burns a big hole in your pocket every single month.
Just get a skirting kit with the sx4 and you are set for life.
If you get an i20 you would always thinking when you will go into the sedan league. So rethink, you can definitely get your heart listening. Happy shopping.
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:08   #21
BHPian

Listen to your head friend.
Best thing would be to do a comparison between these 2 cars.
If any of your friends have these two cars, it'll make your job easier.
Don't rule of the boot space. I am quite sure that sometime or other you *will* require it.
Go for SX4. It's VFM to the hilt.
Since you want petrol car, i20 doesn't make much sense. The new i20 1.4L has only AT version.1.2L is a big NO NO
SX4 I would say
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:32   #22

I would also suggest the SX4. It is a great VFM product. As I own one, I can say it is not at all bad for city driving - well, parking may be a problem. If you start using SX4, I am sure, you'll surely replace Fusion with SX4 for highway cruising.

i20 may be a good car but it seems over priced and Hyundai is definitely not a better brand than Suzuki.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:08   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafees View Post
I would also suggest the SX4. It is a great VFM product. As I own one, I can say it is not at all bad for city driving - well, parking may be a problem. If you start using SX4, I am sure, you'll surely replace Fusion with SX4 for highway cruising.

i20 may be a good car but it seems over priced and Hyundai is definitely not a better brand than Suzuki.
i agree. but i am not sure about the future of the sx4. i20 had some initial launch problems (electrical) and hyundai had to go for a relaunch. this information comes from a reliable source - employee of hyundai working at the chennai factory. as this thread has been idle for a while, i guess the decision has already been made in favor of the i20.
Old 11th September 2010, 09:45   #24
BHPian

I was thinking of buying a new i20 Magna.
But came across an SX4.
Details :
SX4 Zxi 2007 1st Owner
True Value Certified With 1 Year Warranty & 3 Free Services
Mileage : 26k
Insurance:Till 2011 , With NCB of 35% (This indicates that the car is not accidental?)
New Tyres,The dealership had 4 SX4's with 60k,40k,26k & 44k on ODO all with new tyres.
I also checked the service record;
Service at 1k,9k,16k & 25k Kms
The car was good to drive.
Getting it for 5.2L
I guess the deal is good?
What do you all suggest & is it the right decision to go in for a 3 Yr old SX4 as compared to a new car & anything else i should check for if i go ahead with this?
Both Cost me 5.2 Lakhs: i20 Magna New vs SX4 (Old)
Please Advice.Urgent
Old 11th September 2010, 11:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I was thinking of buying a new i20 Magna.
But came across an SX4.
Details :
SX4 Zxi 2007 1st Owner
True Value Certified With 1 Year Warranty & 3 Free Services
Mileage : 26k
Insurance:Till 2011 , With NCB of 35% (This indicates that the car is not accidental?)
New Tyres,The dealership had 4 SX4's with 60k,40k,26k & 44k on ODO all with new tyres.
I also checked the service record;
Service at 1k,9k,16k & 25k Kms
The car was good to drive.
Getting it for 5.2L
I guess the deal is good?
What do you all suggest & is it the right decision to go in for a 3 Yr old SX4 as compared to a new car & anything else i should check for if i go ahead with this?
Both Cost me 5.2 Lakhs: i20 Magna New vs SX4 (Old)
Please Advice.Urgent
Go for the new i20 magna. A 3 year SX 4 may not be the best choice - the older versions didn't get very favourable reviews. Also methinks at 5.2 lacs, one could look at a used NHC of similar vintage. Nothing like buying a new car tho' IMHO -and i20 is a great hatch- spacious, good looks and I'm sure will give you a hassle free ownership for 5 years at least.

Last edited by wilful : 11th September 2010 at 11:36.
Old 11th September 2010, 13:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
NCB does not necessarily translate into accident free vehicle. It just means that the owner has not claimed any insurance. The only way you can find out is from the service records.

When I bought my car 8 months ago, a two-wheeler damaged my bumper and speed away. I claimed insurance during 1st service. Though my vehicle was involved in an 'accident', there was no structural damage to the vehicle. My car is 100% perfect (touch wood) despite being an 'accidental vehicle'. When you buy a second hand vehicle look at what was replaced/repaired. That will give you a fair idea about the car's health.
Old 25th September 2010, 10:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Use the Fusion for the city. And buy the Sx4 for the highways. SX4 is a great highway/long drive/bad road car - perfect for Indian conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks