Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 11:24   #16
BANNED

Re: Automatic Required - but which one ??

One thing I can say is that the Maruti AT (a proper 4-speed) should be better than the age old 3+1 AT of Hyundai.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:06   #17
BHPian

Just saw that this thread got bumped I finally bought the i10 AT Sportz almost 2 years back, partially because Maruti just couldnt deliver A-Star on time and partially because the interiors were way classier.

The answer to the perennial question currently stands at 10-11 kmpl, but frankly I knew what I was in for.

Mods, request you to close the thread....
Old 14th June 2012, 22:16   #18
BHPian

I am in the same dillema now. All I know is
- I want an AT, preferably a hatchback,
- would also like to reduce spend on fuel.
- I am also keen on trying out used cars for the first time.
- I can stretch my budget till about 7 lakhs.
- I am in Mumbai
- This will be a second vehicle in the family which I will use daily for a ~30 kms commute to and from office. The other is a 2010 Manza Petrol.
My choices right now
- buy a used i10 and convert to CNG. Getting a 2011 Asta Kappa2 for about 5.25L add ~50 for CNG total cost 5.75L
- buy used A*, convert to CNG if FE < 11 (just a figure in mind). used A* are hard to come by, used A* AT even harder.
- buy a used Diesel vehicle, since none come in hatchback form will have to go in for a sedan. At present have 2 cars I like
(a) Skoda Superd of 2007, 2 previous owners, claims to be in prestine condition, 75000km on odo for 6.3L
(b) 2009 Hyundai Verna, 1 previous owner, 50000km on odo for 6.75L. Registered in Thane, I am in Mumbai. Will I need to pay additional octroi/registration charges compared to a vehicle which is already Mumbai registerd? Will need to add that to the cost.
(c) 2010 Maruti SX4 AT, ~45000km on the odo for 6L. + 50K for the CNG, will make it 6.5L.

What would be the right price for the 2vehicles listed above? (do not want to cross post in the used car price check thread)
Should I be looking at any other options? Open to suggestions/ advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks