Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 11:27   #1
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Enthused by the Pavana dam meet, a bunch of us are discussing a softroading trip to Rajmachi on March 11th. No hardcore slush and rock climbing, just a good drive, some amateur offroading (no heartburn for the owners and the SUVS later ) and some great pics with the SUVs perched on rocks.

So far, I have interest from Throttleking (Safari), Guderion (Fortuner), Monaro (Fortuner) and jaysmokesleaves (which SUV?). I will have my Endy.

What say guys?
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 11:50   #2
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 436
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

I would love to join (if i'm in pune) - but as a photographer.
(I cannot take my car else it wont return in a single piece ).

I need a ride!

Moreover, in some organizations 8th is holiday.
So people are taking 9th as off and taking a long weekend off 8,9,10th and 11th.

Venue - Rajmachi
Type - Softroading
Date - 11th March 2012

Confirmed:
1. siddheshb - Endy
2. Throttleking - Safari
3. Guderian - Fortuner
4. MonaroCV8 - Fortuner
5. jaysmokesleaves - ?

Tentative :
1. Mikon - Passenger seat.
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 11:52   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,408 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
What say guys?
Hi Sid,
Thanks for taking the initiative. Have been wanting to do this for a long time (Rajmachi, I mean...not taking the initiative !) with Admiral.
Appears it'll finally fructify. Was there ages ago (2006) with my company's senior management team for an outbound training programme and stayed there for two days. Did it in my Scorp 4X2.
And so been wanting to do it in the Fortuner.
Count me in sir...
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 11:55   #4
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Yes I am very much interested, BTW siddhesh i noticed you took small off the road detour while coming back from Pavana.

Mikon, you can come in my Safari.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:00   #5
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

TK, lol, yes, it was too much to resist. Wanted to do a lot more, but then I realised I had no clue where Sunny Da Dhaba was, so got back in line.

Mikon, Tk has already offered you a place, and I'll have place too. Now you are spoilt for choice

I noticed the long weekend too, but it's also exam time (atleast for Sanam) so I think we should still be good to go. If not, we can move it to 4th March.

Guderion, we can finally settle the Endy vs Fortuner debate... What say? Although, with Monaro's Fort, you guys outnumber me, so will it be a fair battle?

Last edited by siddheshb : 14th February 2012 at 12:02.
siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:00   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,408 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Yes I am very much interested, BTW siddhesh i noticed you took small off the road detour while coming back from Pavana.
OK...let me be frank. Among other things I am doing it for throttleking's Poha+accompaniments.
Satyameva Jayate after all !

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Guderion, we can finally settle the Endy vs Fortuner debate... What say? Although, with Monaro's Fort, you guys outnumber me, so will it be a fair battle?
Hey Sid,
Mikon has plenty of space in Admiral too...
About the Fortuner Vs Endeavour ? That place Rajmachi is just a trail and nothing more, to my eye and dry weather too. So can't be settled there...we need to look at something more ambitious like Marsmik La or some such place for a real shoot out !

Last edited by Guderian : 14th February 2012 at 12:08.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:12   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Would be interested and would keep a watch on the thread. But would need a ride.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:18   #8
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Amit, with all the SUVs, space shouldnt be a problem - you are welcome to join!

Guderian, I am pretty confident Samara will take on Marsmik La with elan. I am also pretty sure you will beat me personally hands down there. So again, not fair
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:18   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 120
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I would love to join (if i'm in pune) - but as a photographer.
(I cannot take my car else it wont return in a single piece ).

I need a ride!

Moreover, in some organizations 8th is holiday.
So people are taking 9th as off and taking a long weekend off 8,9,10th and 11th.

Venue - Rajmachi
Type - Softroading
Date - 11th March 2012

Confirmed:
1. siddheshb - Endy
2. Throttleking - Safari
3. Guderian - Fortuner
4. MonaroCV8 - Fortuner
5. jaysmokesleaves - ?

Tentative :
1. Mikon - Passenger seat.
2. Nawal Singal - Passenger seat.
Same case as Mikon, but no skills like Camera to offer .Somebody want a passenger? Can take driver's seat too, if needed Would love to join in.

Last edited by nawalsingal : 14th February 2012 at 12:20.
nawalsingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:42   #10
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
I noticed the long weekend too, but it's also exam time (atleast for Sanam) so I think we should still be good to go. If not, we can move it to 4th March.
Not on 4th March, I already have a ride planned to Dapoli. BTW i will be the wonlee 4x2 guy amongst all you biggies? No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
OK...let me be frank. Among other things I am doing it for throttleking's Poha+accompaniments.
Satyameva Jayate after all !
I am thinking of changing the menu this time, how about some tasty aaloo or palak parathas with pickle and raita (and yes the frozen thumps-up goes without saying )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Same case as Mikon, but no skills like Camera to offer .Somebody want a passenger? Can take driver's seat too, if needed Would love to join in.
Hop in my Safari, just dont insist on driver seat :P lol
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:45   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,175 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

I'm definitely in for this one! Would be nice if other bikers could join too.

We will lead so the SUV guys don't slow us down by taking up all the real estate.

Last edited by ebonho : 14th February 2012 at 13:07.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:49   #12
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 436
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Mikon, you can come in my Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Mikon, Tk has already offered you a place, and I'll have place too. Now you are spoilt for choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Mikon has plenty of space in Admiral too...
Awesome. Thank you all. I'm IN.
Hopefully i stay back in Pune. (utilizing the 4 days off - planning for bangalore. Hence in tentative)
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 12:49   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 120
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Not on 4th March, I already have a ride planned to Dapoli. BTW i will be the wonlee 4x2 guy amongst all you biggies? No worries



I am thinking of changing the menu this time, how about some tasty aaloo or palak parathas with pickle and raita (and yes the frozen thumps-up goes without saying )



Hop in my Safari, just dont insist on driver seat :P lol
Thanks for the offer buddy. Offer for D seat was to share some work load :P
nawalsingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 13:03   #14
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

(Rubbing hands in glee)

This is looking good, gang! So 11th March it is, my astrologer confirms its a great day for offroading. TK, don't worry, I am sure your Safari can do it all... and if not, one of us will give it a gentle nudge!

Menu - I am sure we can rock this one. We can all pitch in with stuff, and have a party.
siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 13:06   #15
BHPian
 
satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Rajmachi Softroading Trip March 11th

I'll join too with my gypsy. Suggest we do an early start given that it will be pretty hot beyond 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
About the Fortuner Vs Endeavour ? That place Rajmachi is just a trail and nothing more, to my eye and dry weather too. So can't be settled there...we need to look at something more ambitious like Marsmik La or some such place for a real shoot out !
Hmm.... there are enough trails @ Rajmachi where you can have your shoot out, that is, if you are willing to put your respective beasts thru that terrain
satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08: jaysmokesleaves 4x4 Excursions 27 9th December 2009 11:59
Pics/ Report : March 11th Lonavala - A drive instead of a meet (Mumbai/Pune) pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 169 11th March 2007 21:48
Post Meet Review : Track day - 11th & 12th March sAP The Team-BHP Meet Section 105 16th March 2006 14:26
Register here for next track day - 11th & 12th March Sideways Indian Motorsport 73 12th March 2006 23:09
bangy & chennai meet on 11th/12 of march 2006 .. Get ready for it .. mclaren1885 The Team-BHP Meet Section 84 6th March 2006 15:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks