Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 21:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congo on a classic, Ricky! This truck is tough as nails...mechanically over-engineered, no electronics and robust construction. I've driven a 20 year old Pajero that had over 3,00,000 kms on the highway and she still rode decently well.

Drive safe, will ya!
THAT is the reason why I bought it. Mine is also running on 129K on the odometer with "stock" suspension !! Hope it goes for another...x kms !! Ya she still rides well.

The insurance surveyor who came in today to assess the vehicle was when he read on the RC that it is a 1998. That goes to say a lot of the vehicle.

Drive safe - yes I will Sire !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Congrats buddy, waiting for this in classified now

You will hopefully have to wait pretty long for it to appear in the "classifieds"

Thanks & CHEERS
Old 28th April 2010, 20:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Looking at adding some Hella's on the front bumper. Something with a nice spread. Hella 1000's should do the trick.

The light spread of the stock lights is pretty bad, which I hope is correctable - though I have upgraded to 90/100's the light intensity has improved drastically, so I basically need to get the focus right. Right ?

But adding the Hella's as the main driving lights should sort out the problem.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th April 2010 at 20:14.
Old 28th April 2010, 21:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ricky_63: Adding hella's will sort out your problem but I am worried about the poor oncoming traffic.
Score: add 1 for GV?
Old 28th April 2010, 21:13   #34
BHPian

Congrats Ricky. A really nice find.
This Pajero looks just like new Indian Version because of the beefed up body line, but is more easy on the eyes as its not with dual color paint (Thank God)

Any mods planned?
Old 29th April 2010, 10:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@Ricky_63: Adding hella's will sort out your problem but I am worried about the poor oncoming traffic.
Score: add 1 for GV?
Sudev, I am not so cruel , if I add any additional lights they will be focused properly to ensure that they do not blind oncoming traffic. Have seen additional "well focused" Hellas & they are just fine.

As for the score card - ya sure add 1 for the GV !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Congrats Ricky. A really nice find.
This Pajero looks just like new Indian Version because of the beefed up body line, but is more easy on the eyes as its not with dual color paint (Thank God)

Any mods planned?
Spot on, it is the model which they rebadged as the SFX here in India. Ya the flared arches do look nice. I agree with you on the paint job part totally !!

Mods ? No none for now, except for the lights I guess.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 29th April 2010 at 10:26.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:51   #36
BHPian

Ricky,

You got your self a wonderful engineered vehicle.

In fact even a 10 years old Pajero gives Run for money to the latest model SUV's in the market - even today.

What further comes to the mind is how much did you got the vehicle for?
If the price can be shared

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
Old 29th April 2010, 18:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ricky
This indeed is a wonderful vehicle and the previous owner has maintained it very well.
Congrats
Hella 1k's will look nice but why not go in for hella 3000.
Great lights and the throw is amazing.

BTW even if you can't disclose the exact price, is it possible to share the apporx price range, this will give potential future buyers/ enthusiast who might want to purchase cruisers like this (read people like me ) an idea on how much moolah they might be needing!
Even if you do not wanna disclose, I respect your privacy!!!
Cheers
Old 29th April 2010, 19:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Ricky,

You got your self a wonderful engineered vehicle.

In fact even a 10 years old Pajero gives Run for money to the latest model SUV's in the market - even today.

What further comes to the mind is how much did you got the vehicle for?
If the price can be shared

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
Thanks & I totally agree with your POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Ricky
This indeed is a wonderful vehicle and the previous owner has maintained it very well.
Congrats
Hella 1k's will look nice but why not go in for hella 3000.
Great lights and the throw is amazing.

BTW even if you can't disclose the exact price, is it possible to share the apporx price range, this will give potential future buyers/ enthusiast who might want to purchase cruisers like this (read people like me ) an idea on how much moolah they might be needing!
Even if you do not wanna disclose, I respect your privacy!!!
Cheers
BTW - did I mention that is a single owner vehicle. That tells us why it is in good shape. Yes the previous owner was the CEO of an MNC who imported it for his personal use & the duty that he paid for it was $$$$$. But yes he did maintain it well. Considering that is still running stock suspension still, though ofcourse there are signs of it wearing off, but she still rides better than a lot of vehicles (SUV's) that I have driven.

I see that there is a lot of curiosity on the price. What I can share is that I got it at around the same price that I sold my VITARA

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 29th April 2010 at 19:34.
Old 1st May 2010, 17:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !! Looks very clean and well maintained. I thought you were mad to sell the GV but it all makes sense now
Old 1st May 2010, 18:43   #40
BHPian

Hi Ricky, Good buy, congrats. Really a neat vehicle. Tough to fine vehicles like these at your 'Atractive price'. May the fours be with you. In case you are planning to part with the stud, mail me I'll be more than willing to give your 'Atractive price' ;-)
Dr.Jones
Old 1st May 2010, 21:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Congratulations !! Looks very clean and well maintained. I thought you were mad to sell the GV but it all makes sense now
Hey do I sound "out of line" So the madness makes sense now ?? Thank God you agree to my madness ! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi Ricky, Good buy, congrats. Really a neat vehicle. Tough to fine vehicles like these at your 'Atractive price'. May the fours be with you. In case you are planning to part with the stud, mail me I'll be more than willing to give your 'Atractive price' ;-)
Dr.Jones
Thank you Dr. Jones. Nice to know there are already more than one buyers for my Pajero

I must surely have done something right !! LOL So let the bids roll !!!!

Cheers & thanks all

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 1st May 2010 at 21:10.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
THAT is the reason why I bought it. Mine is also running on 129K on the odometer with "stock" suspension !! Hope it goes for another...x kms !! Ya she still rides well.
Good looking car mate. suspension and most parts last a long time. Mine has done over 160K and still doing well, and the nice part is that the tires last a long time as well as the suspension geometry does not get bent out of shape easily.
Old 2nd May 2010, 11:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Good looking car mate. suspension and most parts last a long time. Mine has done over 160K and still doing well, and the nice part is that the tires last a long time as well as the suspension geometry does not get bent out of shape easily.

@boeuff
Thanks, so your Pajero is going at 160K without a suspension job ?? That is certainly re-assuring.

Edit : Just saw your gallery Model year 1990 & still going strong !! Congrats, and that seems like a well looked after Pajero

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 2nd May 2010 at 11:33.
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Got the lights focussed today, way better - now I can actually see the road with the nice spread of light.

Yesterday on the way & back from the airport I was doing a high"ish" 3 digit on the odo, the vehicle behaved very well, except beyond a certain point it begged for a 6th gear

Wifey found the ride planted too !! Now that is a first. Coz she had no idea that I was doing some NICE 3 digits on the odo

So overall impression so far has been very good.

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Got the lights focussed today, way better - now I can actually see the road with the nice spread of light.

Yesterday on the way & back from the airport I was doing a high"ish" 3 digit on the odo, the vehicle behaved very well, except beyond a certain point it begged for a 6th gear

Wifey found the ride planted too !! Now that is a first. Coz she had no idea that I was doing some NICE 3 digits on the odo

So overall impression so far has been very good.

Cheers
What's the mileage?? approx., How is the pick-up and ride quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks