Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2006, 07:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
They have a really bad model for that much Navin. At that price i would buy a pioneer or a JVC mp3 player.
ehem, we have atleast one all blau setup in our ICE section. And why is that a 4.5k blau unit is bad and 4.5k pio is better?
Old 6th February 2006, 10:28   #32
Team-BHP Support

JK,

Often a manufacturer makes one too many trade offs. Remember for an manufacturer every product must make a profit. Atleast that is the hope.

At a MRP of 4.5K your RM cost has to be 1.5K if you are looking at volumes.
Old 6th February 2006, 12:56   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
ehem, we have atleast one all blau setup in our ICE section. And why is that a 4.5k blau unit is bad and 4.5k pio is better?
A 4.5k blau includes margins, distributor profits, warranty costs shipping costs, import duty/excise and VAT.

A 4.5k pioneer includes nothing. Not even warranty. Plus Pioneer has perfected the art of low cost good quality HUs.

If I had 4.5K i would buy a japanese HU. Without warranty.
Old 6th February 2006, 15:16   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Pioneer has perfected the art of low cost good quality HUs....
True. Pio also makes some good high end HUs. Just that for Bill and Warranty you gotta pay 2-3 times the grey market price.
Old 6th February 2006, 15:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
A 4.5k blau includes margins, distributor profits, warranty costs shipping costs, import duty/excise and VAT.

A 4.5k pioneer includes nothing. Not even warranty. Plus Pioneer has perfected the art of low cost good quality HUs.

Regards,
Turbofreak
Old 20th June 2006, 14:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I still like plain. In fact I feel that many lower models look better as they are not cluttered with lots of useless buttons.
exzctly..navin...i totally agree...Changing radio stations in a modern pioneer its almsot liek doing rocket science.... the same button does 10 things... Blau layouts are so simple and cool.... no hanky panky fancy stuff...
The young music listener probably has never seen bass or treble knobs ever...only soem kind of EQ setting .... ROCK,hall,JAZZ etc
Old 20th June 2006, 15:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

I think the Blaus are very ok overall. I have nothing against the looks, but I really hope and pray they'd sort out and standardize things like the audio menu controls. I mean, in one HU you have to press left/ right on the circular controller to access the various menu fields, while the next model will have you press up/ down. Utterly frustrating at times.
Old 20th June 2006, 16:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

SK456... You just dug out a 4 month old thread... only to agree with what had already been stated? .. !!lol
Old 20th June 2006, 16:03   #39
BHPian

well now its new again...
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:36   #40
BHPian

Now its almost close to 2 years for the last post in this thread and even i am wondering the same why still theres nothing much discussed about Blaupunkt. I am thinking to ice up my system with Blaupunkt HU but didn't find much information. I was considering ST Louis MP56 but i came to know that its a 2 years old model and about to get discontinued soon. The new series is launching this May.
Old 4th April 2008, 00:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to waht others have said, i found blau to be much more complicated to use than my pioneer. Also, it had waaay less features.(and no! I'm not talking about dolphins/basket***** dashing across the screen!)
Old 4th April 2008, 00:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

Err the only feature that matters to me is the audio quality and in that I find blaus to be way better than the pios. But again thats my opinion.
Old 5th April 2008, 00:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Err the only feature that matters to me is the audio quality and in that I find blaus to be way better than the pios. But again thats my opinion.
And I would kinda agree with you. I found the sound quality of Blau (the one I've) very very nice and that's the reason although I'm missing USB connectivity I'm not willing to change the system.But one nagging issue that cropped up now is that it skips and sometimes unable to read some CD's.Probably the laser lens getting dirty, need to give it for service someday.It's been 4 years.
Oh yeah, JBL speakers do gel very well with Blaupunk HU.;-)
Old 5th April 2008, 02:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
And I would kinda agree with you. I found the sound quality of Blau (the one I've) very very nice and that's the reason although I'm missing USB connectivity I'm not willing to change the system.But one nagging issue that cropped up now is that it skips and sometimes unable to read some CD's.Probably the laser lens getting dirty, need to give it for service someday.It's been 4 years.
Oh yeah, JBL speakers do gel very well with Blaupunk HU.;-)
Hey which one are u using.
The following website mentions about new HUs launching in 2008. Have heard some of them might hit in India in May 2008.

Blaupunkt CES 2008
Old 5th April 2008, 06:06   #45
BHPian

Guys try the Clarion or even JVC for that matter, JVC gives a good one and really a value for money.
I have one question, is it illegal having a LCD panel in the front din? coz its illegal in the US, just curious to know..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks