Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd December 2016, 18:40   #271
BHPian

Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Any specific question I will answer.
Thanks a lot TaureanBull.

It answers most of my questions and this has all that I am looking for.

Few additional ones:
- Does it work with iPhones?
- How many phones can be connected?
- The model is available on snapdeal, amazon etc but without steering controls and reverse camera (MRP around 31k after discount 25k), is it any good? but I want steering controls and reverse camera as well
- Where do you fix the rear view camera? Outside or inside?
- I am in Bangalore, not sure if the Nissan dealer does the job

Thanks again.
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:56   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Thanks a lot TaureanBull.

It answers most of my questions and this has all that I am looking for.

Few additional ones:
- Does it work with iPhones?
- How many phones can be connected?
- The model is available on snapdeal, amazon etc but without steering controls and reverse camera (MRP around 31k after discount 25k), is it any good? but I want steering controls and reverse camera as well
- Where do you fix the rear view camera? Outside or inside?
- I am in Bangalore, not sure if the Nissan dealer does the job

Thanks again.
1. IPhone I have not checked since I have Android phones. Needs to be specifically checked. It does mention that all Android phones not compatible. No word about iPhone.
2. How many phones? Need to check the manual if it mentions that.
3. This model comes without those controls and reverse camera. Those are additional fitments. Need to be procured separately. The model just comprise of head unit, remote and wiring. Frame, Bluetooth controller, reverse camera and controller for steering controls are separate purchases. Therefore it would make sense to buy all items from the dealer directly who will also install the system. Not sure if any dealer would like to install a system bought online. As it is buying online has no advantage.
4. Reverse camera is on the rear bumper. Can post the pic tomorrow.
5. Bangalore will definitely have dealers to fit this system. Nissan dealer may not have it. The Renault dealer wanted to Palm off MMI AVN to me which I declined.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:58   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
4. Reverse camera is on the rear bumper. Can post the pic tomorrow.
Pls post the picture of rear camera installation.

I will look for some dealer at Bangalore for this model.

Thanks again TaureanBull.
Old 25th December 2016, 01:27   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Pls post the picture of rear camera installation.

I will look for some dealer at Bangalore for this model.

Thanks again TaureanBull.
Hi Hummer,
I personally haven't gotten anything done from the Nissan Showrooms in Bangalore as I feel they generally charge a lot more than the shops outside.
But, having said that I did see a decked out Nissan Terrano when I was picking mine up done by Surya Nissan at their show room on Hosur Road.
The after market audio units that they try selling are Blaupunkt units.
You can possibly try speaking to them.
If you are open to other companies I am using a JVC unit and it does all that you ask for minus the navigation part.
akshar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 10:35   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
If you are open to other companies I am using a JVC unit and it does all that you ask for minus the navigation part.
Thank you akshar890, I will try calling Surya Nissan.

I am ok for any brand but looking for all-in-one model, so that I don't use my smartphone while driving for calls / navigation etc.
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:39   #276

hi all,
I have been looking forward to replace my stock speaker setup in my Renault Duster since long time and had been ardently following this thread as well as the sound deadening thread.
I have received Plok Audio Db5251 5.25" component speakers and Db521 5.25" coaxial speakers which i intend to replace with the stock speakers, where i will be placing the component speakers in the front and the coaxials in the rear.

I do have few queries which i hope can be cleared here.

1. Do i need to do any thing extra to fit the 5.25" speakers? (Ex.spacers, cutting or poly fill)
2. Can any one suggest me a decent 2.1 channel amp along with a sub woofer.
3. I am looking forward to fix the tweeters as per the image given below which do involve cutting the plastic. In this case do we need any clamps to hold the tweeters from coming out? or is it suggested that i don't cut the plastic and place the tweeters on the top .
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  159.4 KB

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  29.1 KB

I am also looking forward to dampen the doors as done by few but I am looking towards the cheaper alternatives which are with in 5k range like using the bitumen sheets or yoga mats or a combination of both. How effective it would be? I would really appreciate the opinion of the experienced here.
iwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 18:16   #277
BHPian

After owing Carlos (my Terrano XLD Plus) for close to 3.5 years, finally took a plunge and upgraded the speakers.

Head Unit - no change (contemplating a change, but not sure if now is the right time for it)
Front Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Components 6.5 in Prime Series R165-S
Rear Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Coaxials 6,5 inc Prime Series R675
Blaupunkt 4 channel Amp EMA 455

Entire Set up was done at Kalra Accessories, Gurgaon. Overall a satisfactory experience , bot they took ~3.5 hrs for the entire setup.

Total setup (along with Amp kit, couplers, etc.) burnt a small hole in my pocket (~20k), but i think its worth it given how bad the stock speakers were.

Planning to add a subwoofer to add-in that missing thump. Suggestions?

Its a little OT, but also upgraded the headlights by replacing stock bulbs with Philips XV plus (Osram was not available anywhere offline). Its a good upgrade but I still found it insufficient during the long drive over the weekend.

Thanks.
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 15:34   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanderer View Post
hi all,

3. I am looking forward to fix the tweeters as per the image given below which do involve cutting the plastic. In this case do we need any clamps to hold the tweeters from coming out? or is it suggested that i don't cut the plastic and place the tweeters on the top .
Attachment 1614922

Attachment 1614923
Hey Wanderer!

I too have recently purchased a Duster and am looking to Install components the way you wanted (in the sail panel) as per your image. I have been asking a few installers but they don't want to try it. But it just looks like an OEM install so I am keen.

I was wondering if you figured an installer who got it done for you.

I did some digging online and found a video on youtube that shows how its done.

If you have already done the install, please let me know as I am interested in getting the same thing done.

Thanks

JM
josephrmathias is offline   Reply With Quote