Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 21:00   #976
BHPian

Re: City Buses of various STUs all over India

I have been seeing these for a few months now, but never been able to click since I would invariably be on my bike.
Old 4th December 2013, 20:56   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
Chennai:
Taken today near Kaliappa Hospital (Now Billroth Hospital). I saw 2 buses & they has a sign 'On Test' in yellow on the windscreen. (See the second pic)

I'm sorry for the poor quality pics. I had *JUST* started to engine to drive away when I saw them. I immediately thought of this thread & scrambled to find my phone.
I have spotted this along with a non AC bus (both from Ashok Leyland) parked at Tambaram near Hindu Mission Hospital. The non AC bus looked like an old one and I think it is used as a shared Body Unit for mileage accumulation on multiple test engines. The chassis was badly hit and the back rear floor was almost hitting the road.

Cheers!
Old 30th December 2013, 14:01   #978
BHPian

Hi all!
Uploading few snaps of Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport's (NMMT, Maharashtra) MCV City bus supplied by TATA MOTORS Ltd.

Few details of the bus.
1. Bus built on TML LPO 1512 platform.
2. Wheelbase of 5500mm.
3.44 plastic moulded seats.
4. BSIIII Compliant 120 bhp TATA Cummins engine.
Body fabricated by TATA MARCOPOLO MOTORS Ltd, Dharwad.

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc07115.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07115.JPG
Views:	4157
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	1184451

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc07116.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc07118.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc07119.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc07145.jpg
rakeshnair14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 15:06   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshnair14 View Post
Hi all!
Uploading few snaps of Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport's (NMMT, Maharashtra)
Do you by any chance have snaps of the new KDMT (Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Transport) mini-buses? Had seen quite a few AshLey Stags in Dombivli bus stand last week. All looked spanking new, and were a pleasant change from the rickety oldies
Old 30th December 2013, 15:26   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Do you by any chance have snaps of the new KDMT (Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Transport) mini-buses? Had seen quite a few AshLey Stags in Dombivli bus stand last week. All looked spanking new, and were a pleasant change from the rickety oldies
Not as of now but surely would try to get some snaps by January'14. AFAIK those midi buses are Eicher fully built buses built on their Skyline 10.90 platform. Have seen some buses plying on Kalyan-Vashi route, would post the snaps ASA i get them.
rakeshnair14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 00:02   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all!
Uploading few snaps of Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport's (NMMT, Maharashtra) MCV City bus supplied by TATA MOTORS Ltd.
Good to see some Tatas in NMML, a pure AL (with few Volvos) shop. Any idea how many Marcopolos were inducted? Any chance BEST getting some Marcopolos (MCV/MIDI) any time soon?
Old 31st December 2013, 12:02   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Good to see some Tatas in NMML, a pure AL (with few Volvos) shop. Any idea how many Marcopolos were inducted? Any chance BEST getting some Marcopolos (MCV/MIDI) any time soon?
No TMML buses as of now in BEST fleet , though a couple of TMML Hybrid buses were handed over to them in the year 2011 on trial basis. Hopefully there would be some TMML inductees in BEST once JNNURM Scheme-2 is implemented as much of those buses classified in the scheme are low floor & semi low floor buses.

As of NMMT is concerned, they have inducted 35nos of TATA MARCOPOLO buses in their fleet, out of which 25 numbers are the LPO 1512/55 MCV buses & the rest 10 are LPO 7.5T Ultra Y1 Midi buses. Here are some snap of the same.
City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc06810.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc06811.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc06817.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc06869.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc06870.jpg
rakeshnair14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 21:26   #983
BHPian

Got hold of few snaps of buses belonging to Thane Municipal Transport (T.M.T,Maharashtra) prior to their delivery to the corporation.Sharing with you guys.

Tata Marcopolo LPO 1618/62 wheel base RESLF (Rear Engine Semi Low Floor) AC bus.
City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-ac-2.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-ac-3.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-ac.jpg

Tata Marcopolo LPO 1618/62 wheel base RESLF (Rear Engine Semi Low Floor) Non AC bus.
City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-nac-1.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-nac-3.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-nac-4.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-nac-5.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-reslf-nac-7.jpg

TATA LPO 1613/55 wheelbase FESLF (Front Engine Semi Low Floor) CNG Non AC bus . Body fabricated by Ruby.

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-cng-1.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-cng-2.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-cng-3.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-cng-4.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-cng-5.jpg

TATA LPO 1512/55 wheelbase FESLF (Front Engine Semi Low Floor) Diesel Non AC bus . Body fabricated by Ruby.

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-diesel-1.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-diesel-2.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-diesel-3.jpg

City Buses of various STUs all over India-ruby-diesel-4.jpg

Cheers!
Old 25th January 2014, 07:28   #984
BHPian

Quote:
TATA LPO 1512/55 wheelbase FESLF (Front Engine Semi Low Floor) Diesel Non AC bus . Body fabricated by Ruby. Cheers!
I'm still surprised to see new government busses procured with Bharath Stage 3 emission standards, I have noticed the buses in Bangalore meetings Bharath Stage 4 emission requirements more than a year back.
Old 25th January 2014, 08:50   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I'm still surprised to see new government busses procured with Bharath Stage 3 emission standards, I have noticed the buses in Bangalore meetings Bharath Stage 4 emission requirements more than a year back.
As the original poster says, these are OLD images taken prior to delivery to TMT under JnNURM Scheme. No corporation has purchased buses under JnNURM-II till date. BMTC had invited tenders, though.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 09:23   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea why the BEST or TMMT buses still carry the age old design? Cant they make things a little smoother rather than those boxy bodies? And is this the first batch of SLF Marcos being delivered? I guess they will have tough time with this smoke machine
Old 25th January 2014, 14:16   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any idea why the BEST or TMMT buses still carry the age old design? Cant they make things a little smoother rather than those boxy bodies? And is this the first batch of SLF Marcos being delivered? I guess they will have tough time with this smoke machine

Good question mate! Well you see, the so called "boxy designs" according to STUs in Maharashtra are easily maintainable & less complicated to construct again in case of a major front collision where the whole front facia is damaged. Other than that, these front shows of the buses are fabricated with either Aluminium or G.I Sheets & unlike FRP cannot be moulded & or given a better aesthetic look as desired.

As of the TMML RESLF buses are concerned,a total of 40 buses were delivered to TMT under JNNURM 1 Scheme back in 2010, (30 Non AC & 10 AC buses) & as per sources in TMT , they seem to be pretty much appreciate the performance of these buses. The AC buses are helping TMT ring their cash registers on yearly basis, as they ply & dominate on Thane-Borivali routes where the numbers of passengers are high & competition from BEST's KingLong Cerita buses are weak.
Old 25th January 2014, 15:25   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post

Well binaiks said it right, these buses were procured under JNNURM Scheme-1 back in the year 2009-10 where it was not mandatory for buses to be adhering to BS-4 norms.

However the 10,000 buses scheduled to be procured under JNNURM II Scheme would comply with to the BS-4 emissions standards.
Old 25th January 2014, 20:41   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than that, these front shows of the buses are fabricated with either Aluminium or G.I Sheets & unlike FRP cannot be moulded & or given a better aesthetic look as desired.
Objections your honour!

Aluminum/GI Sheets can surely be moulded and used to give aesthetic look as desired. See this:

City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_2776.jpg

This one is made entire with GI sheets - the entire front panel is moulded out from GI panels.
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 21:07   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Objections your honour!

Aluminum/GI Sheets can surely be moulded and used to give aesthetic look as desired. See this:

Attachment 1196427

This one is made entire with GI sheets - the entire front panel is moulded out from GI panels.
Thats a nice example and exactly what I expected of the 'new' buses. They TMT buses are at their boxiest avatar. Agree that maintenance may be an issue but you rarely see such designs in South India and most of the buses do look pleasant if not striking. In fact this design is extinct in BMTC and KSRTC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks