Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 18:33   #16
BHPian

I agree with TSK1979 that mapmyindia guys are very non-responsive and arrogant. I reached to some guy called Kavi since I wanted to evaluate their software on Garmin. After over a month of chasing finally he said that we dont care for review etc even if you want to review it you have to buy it. I wonder why he wasted my time for over a month instead of giving me a straight forward reply.

What I have heard is that their Garmin maps suck and routing/navigation feature does not work in most cases thus I wanted to try this before buying.

Can anyone suggest any alternative for Garmin? I am using cloudmade maps but the only downside is that it does not support routing/naigation
Old 16th June 2009, 23:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thats good I too am using Gmapmaker to download the maps and for the front end I use MGmaps. SO now if I buy the MIO GPS receiver I just need a frontend as the maps I already have or can download.
Harjeev,

You tried it on that Binatone unit ? It should work as the GUI looks the same as the miomap PNA box.
Old 19th June 2009, 23:52   #18

well, guys reading all the whole thread. here are few things i want to share.

mapmyindia doesn't care about reviews & neither of there represntatives has a helping nature, they all want money & just they are pairing with big corporate houses. they are earning lot of money.

on the other hand, satgudie is good in customer relationship approach. they are keen to help but there software sucks bigtime & maps too aint gud as compared to mapmyindia.

@tsk1979 & abhi182
you are right, c320 is based on miomap 3.3 & is very easy to unlock. i have unlocked it writting a small sd based unlock myself & using satguide & mapmyindia without any problem.

the other navigation systems you can consider running are garmin, route66 & polnav.
Old 20th June 2009, 00:04   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I agree with TSK1979 that mapmyindia guys are very non-responsive and arrogant. I reached to some guy called Kavi since I wanted to evaluate their software on Garmin. After over a month of chasing finally he said that we dont care for review etc even if you want to review it you have to buy it. I wonder why he wasted my time for over a month instead of giving me a straight forward reply.

What I have heard is that their Garmin maps suck and routing/navigation feature does not work in most cases thus I wanted to try this before buying.

Can anyone suggest any alternative for Garmin? I am using cloudmade maps but the only downside is that it does not support routing/naigation
rishi, regarding garmin maps from asimindia the latest 2009 V2 are very ellaborative & now supports address function.. this one is navteq, the oter map for garmin is from satguide, garmin has patched up with satguide for map data. & these maps are for 200+ cities available form asimindia.

alternative.. may be u can consider route66,uses navteq maps but try for garmin maps from asimindia.

Garmin india distributors are asimindia(map data from navteq & satguide)
& second one is mapmyindia.
Old 15th August 2009, 14:45   #20

Trying to use Mio C320 in India

Hi,

I have a Mio C320 which a friend got from USA and am trying to use India maps in that. I have been digging into the various posts in the forum but sadly never been able to figure out how to unlock the device or use India maps and how. (call it my lack of sense in technology maybe).

I have installed Miopocket 3.0 and feel am almost close to unlocking it and using either Oziexplorer, Garmin or the likes to use in India. Could someone please help out in this.

If someone knows how I can use this thing in India - can someone please be kind enough to discuss out the process and for once, help me use this thing I have stored as a brick for four months now.

Regards,
Heena Luthra
Old 15th August 2009, 18:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Heena,

What you stuck on? Google unluck Mio C23 bring sup lots of useful site such as :

Mio C220/C320 Maps Unlock Page

If you want software then google ipmart forums.
Old 15th August 2009, 23:22   #22
Team-BHP Support

Try gpspassion forums. They have miopocket 3.0 for unlocking. Lots of threads there too to troubleshoot.
Old 16th August 2009, 02:39   #23

hey bigman,

Thanks for the link. Found it useful and downloaded the requisite softwares. I think I need to buy a data cable first since it was not with the device. Can you / anyone suggest a place to get one for C320 or any online store to deliver in Mumbai?

Just in case I am able to unlock after using mioheaven software (which basically asks to replace the files with those in the given archive), where can I get India maps? Possible to download mapmyindia maps since heard its best for India in terms of details? Can anyone share the maps or provide links?

So,
1. Where can I get the data cable?
2. How do I proceed for the maps?
3. My miomap v3.3 is July 2007 version. I hope the unlock for version Jan18, 2008 given in mioheaven website would be working for my device too.

Cheers,
Heena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Heena,

What you stuck on? Google unluck Mio C23 bring sup lots of useful site such as :

Mio C220/C320 Maps Unlock Page

If you want software then google ipmart forums.
Old 16th August 2009, 11:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

gpspassion forums have newer unlocks.
As for data cable, use any usb cable(the generic kind) which comes with many digital cameras
Old 16th August 2009, 13:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenaluthra View Post
hey bigman,

Just in case I am able to unlock after using mioheaven software (which basically asks to replace the files with those in the given archive), where can I get India maps? Possible to download mapmyindia maps since heard its best for India in terms of details? Can anyone share the maps or provide links?

So,
1. Where can I get the data cable?
2. How do I proceed for the maps?
3. My miomap v3.3 is July 2007 version. I hope the unlock for version Jan18, 2008 given in mioheaven website would be working for my device too.

Cheers,
Heena
1. If the MobileNavigator.exe hack works on the Mio then you may not even need a USB cable. You put a directory on a SD card named MobileNavigator and inside that put a file such as the file explorer s/w for CE and rename the exe to MobileNavigator.exe. The unit then should boot to the SD card. Still worth getting a USB cable though.

2. Ipmarts forum has everything you need

3. Sorry no idea but ask on other forums.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:58   #26
BHPian

Hi:
@heenaluthra:
You may also try the following link. Very India-centric
Forum - Navigator
Old 21st August 2009, 22:17   #27

OK I am fed up of this now. Now my Mio C320 is not detected by my 2 laptops, one having XP and other, Vista.

Can anyone contact me please? I am in Mumbai and would be happy to share my number to talk to someone who can guide me, maybe word to word.

I have Miopocket3 installed on SD card. But I just dont know how to proceed. Someone help please.

Heena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
1. If the MobileNavigator.exe hack works on the Mio then you may not even need a USB cable. You put a directory on a SD card named MobileNavigator and inside that put a file such as the file explorer s/w for CE and rename the exe to MobileNavigator.exe. The unit then should boot to the SD card. Still worth getting a USB cable though.

2. Ipmarts forum has everything you need

3. Sorry no idea but ask on other forums.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:49   #28

Quote:
OK I am fed up of this now. Now my Mio C320 is not detected by my 2 laptops, one having XP and other, Vista.

Can anyone contact me please? I am in Mumbai and would be happy to share my number to talk to someone who can guide me, maybe word to word.

I have Miopocket3 installed on SD card. But I just dont know how to proceed. Someone help please.

Heena
i guess you shouldn't have any problem with unlocking your mio.. first you should know which software comes preloaded on it..
miomap 3.3 or miomap 2008.

second, there are two type of unlocks.. one is sd unlock & other is sd-free.

you can use miopocket 3.0, nicely explained how to use on the website.. or you can try these unlocks.. Unlock : Mio Devices - Home

detail instructions are given..

If you want to use sd locks.. plug in your sd crad on your pc, transfer the files.. n the put sd card back in slot.. will work, also wen u connect mio to pc its in default usb mode.
Old 24th August 2009, 23:07   #29

Hi guys,

I installed the Miopocket 3 on the SD card. I have miomap v3.3 with me. Miopocket installed all fine and I got the windows-like screen with icons like Garmin, Oziexplorer, BeelineGPS etc.

So, does that qualify as unlocked? Now, which India-specific maps should I install and how? Can I use mapmyindia maps? Can you provide me the specific link and explain how to install it?

Thanks a BIG lot for your help!

Regards,
Heena

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
i guess you shouldn't have any problem with unlocking your mio.. first you should know which software comes preloaded on it..
miomap 3.3 or miomap 2008.

second, there are two type of unlocks.. one is sd unlock & other is sd-free.

you can use miopocket 3.0, nicely explained how to use on the website.. or you can try these unlocks.. Unlock : Mio Devices - Home

detail instructions are given..

If you want to use sd locks.. plug in your sd crad on your pc, transfer the files.. n the put sd card back in slot.. will work, also wen u connect mio to pc its in default usb mode.
Old 25th August 2009, 00:34   #30

Quote:
Hi guys,

I installed the Miopocket 3 on the SD card. I have miomap v3.3 with me. Miopocket installed all fine and I got the windows-like screen with icons like Garmin, Oziexplorer, BeelineGPS etc.

So, does that qualify as unlocked? Now, which India-specific maps should I install and how? Can I use mapmyindia maps? Can you provide me the specific link and explain how to install it?

Thanks a BIG lot for your help!

Regards,
Heena
yes its the unlock, unlock means you are able to use the capabilities of win ce device to a full extent.. like in miopocket you have many softwares/games but default u can only see one screen with four icons viz. miomap, audio player, file explorer and settings.

as far as maps/ software for india are concerned the best is from mapmyindia, you can d/l the software's from Forum - Navigator

if you face any problem, post in the forum or pm, with your doubts.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks