Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:05   #1

Used Zen Estilo for 3.6L

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to finalize Zen Estilo VXI Feb 2007 model for 3.6L (may be bit less), single owner.
Wanted to check with Gurus if its a good deal, car has done 6300km, so wanted to know what all checks can i perform before finalizing the deals. I have gone through articles on Used cars and have noted down all the points but more feedback on the deal would settle my mind.

Thanks,
Pradeep
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi, the price seems ok for the amount it has done. Why is the owner selling it?

Also check the new prices of the Zen, since it comes quite cloes the price you have mentioned.

You plan to take loan or purchase the car outright?
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

You plan to take loan or purchase the car outright?

When I bought my second hand car I went the personal loan route.
The ROI was a lot lesser and icici loves me.
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Other better vehicles are available for that price and you can get a better vehicle say Swift/Getz. Why go for Zen Estilo?
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:21   #5

Thanks for the replies. Owner is leaving India so thats the reason he is selling his Car. I am not sure about used cars and if this deal is not fine or not.
Again is there a posibility that i would get a better car at price which has done so less in km. I mean this seems to be almost a new car. My initial thoughts was to go for new car Getz 1.3 or Palio Stile 1.6, i am still not sure about the power, performance and comforts of new Zen. That was the reason i want to share this with everyone to get your opinion.

I am planning to go for Loan (doesnt matter new car or Used one).

--PB
Old 4th January 2008, 00:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepbhambi View Post

I am planning to go for Loan (doesnt matter new car or Used one).

--PB
Interset rates on used car loans are pretty higher that that for a new car, so even though this is a pretty new car your interest out go will be a little higher. Include this in your estimate when you make a decision.
Old 4th January 2008, 00:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Zen Estile is no way even near to the Palio 1.6 in terms of performance, if i had to buy a petrol hatch back, i would buy the Palio 1.6, its just fantastic, the engine is a maniac, it drives very well and is very VFM. So if you intent to go for something for performance, look elsewhere and not on the Zen.

Getz is a better car then the Zen, since the Zen Estilo is basically the last generation WagonR(MR WagonR in Japan), re-badged Zen here.
Old 4th January 2008, 03:43   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Getz is a better car then the Zen, since the Zen Estilo is basically the last generation WagonR(MR WagonR in Japan), re-badged Zen here.
WagonR and MR Wagon are different cars. And its not MR WagonR in japan!
Old 4th January 2008, 10:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Zen Estilo flopped big time when its launched and Maruti realized it immediately and started heavy discounts which resulted in good sales.

So I suggest If you really want to buy Estilo bargain hard for good price at least 20% depreciation of on road price after discounts.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:57   #10
BHPian

Unless the owner quotes a lower price (under 3.2L) , I dont think its worth the deal. With your kind of budget you should go for a NEW car. Why take the risk for such a minimal price difference??
Old 4th January 2008, 11:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for a vehicle which is easy to drive in city, getting in and out (especially if you have elders in the family), Estilo is good. Apart from that, Getz and especially Palio are in a class of their own.

Feb 2007 model - i am sure that it will be having the gear stiffness problem. Do check it out if you feel uncomfortable, when changing to/from 2nd & 3rd.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

pradeep
firstly i would suggest decide on the car that you need in light of your requirements from the car..

then if the zen estilo fits the bill - u cud check out some threads on reviews about this car and further confirm ur decision

depending on what ur budget is , then decide whether to go for new or used...
like others pointed, the estilo , since it did not sell well, had a lot of discounts - so pls chek new car prices also

if ur going for finance - remember - USED CAR FINANCE IS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NEW CAR FINANCE. hence you might end up paying same or MORE for a used car under finance compared to a new car...

lastly, if ur anyway going for a used car, there is no point in going for SUCH A NEW CAR
1) it will anyways be a second had car
2) u cud settle for a year old car run a bit more which is anyway as good as this piece and would be substantially cheaper than this...

all the best
Old 4th January 2008, 11:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey zen cant be said as a flopped model,why is a discount on santro was given in tunes of 50000 when zen was 35,000 including exchange bonus.was that because santro was a flop.it is the second best selling model in the class.wagon r was also given discounts of 30000 including exchange bonus.this is as applicable to kerela.so check out if it is a good car bargain some more and go for up size tyres for a better stability and a sports kit from MUL that adds character to the car and enjoy the ride.loan for used car and new would be the same with any of the nationalised banks like SBI.
RAM
Old 4th January 2008, 18:08   #14

Thanks Guys, that was awesome feedback and now i have clear picture in my mind about my first car. I believe i will go ahead and drop the idea of getting this Zen Estilo and go for new Getz 1.3 or Palio 1.6 or maybe look for Swift.
Getz 1.3 will cost me around 5.9L on road in Bangalore similarly Palio and Swift would be in the same range.
So we are looking at comforts both in the front and rear (for my parents as pointed by HappyWheels), plus i am 6ft. So we take comforts, performance, power and other details in mind with a budget of 6-6.5L which car would you suggest.

Thanks,
--PB
Old 4th January 2008, 19:03   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepbhambi View Post
Thanks Guys, that was awesome feedback and now i have clear picture in my mind about my first car. I believe i will go ahead and drop the idea of getting this Zen Estilo and go for new Getz 1.3 or Palio 1.6 or maybe look for Swift.
Getz 1.3 will cost me around 5.9L on road in Bangalore similarly Palio and Swift would be in the same range.
So we are looking at comforts both in the front and rear (for my parents as pointed by HappyWheels), plus i am 6ft. So we take comforts, performance, power and other details in mind with a budget of 6-6.5L which car would you suggest.

Thanks,
--PB
PB, there are quite a few threads covering such topics in the forum. A recent one can be seen here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...lacs-road.html

You start by deciding what your priorities are - space, comfort, performance, service, running costs etc. Also, take a call between petrol and diesel. Once you have a clearer idea on these, you can use the existing threads or fresh post to crystallise your thinking. My two cents worth ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks