Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 22:51   #121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
kuttapan
if i am right they are not delivering with ABS nowadays, so i am wondering how you managed to get yours?
srikanth
Any idea why it is so?
Old 29th June 2007, 11:04   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
kuttapan

if i am right they are not delivering with ABS nowadays, so i am wondering how you managed to get yours?

srikanth
Hi! I just booked a Swift VDi with ABS in Mumbai. Waiting time of 2 months.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:14   #123
BANNED

Last month when i booked my VDI without ABS with Bimal Auto that time guy who booked it was asked me whether i want ABS or not means its available but again with waiting period of 4-5 months just as non ABS version.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:54   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Devarshi,

This is not the case. Maruti does not have the capacity to manufacture DDiS engine more than 2500/month and they did not expect such a huge demand for swift diesel. This powerplant is separately manufactured in a new plant of Maruti(Mannesar). Currently,they are expanding and will add to their capacity. Till that time, this will continue......Unless there are other players in market comes up with their models like Fusion-TDCi/Getz-CRDi/Indica-Dicor etc.

They have also mulled the release of DDiS SX4 due to the above reason (Capacity constraint)..........
Old 13th July 2007, 19:00   #125
BANNED

Exactly crossed two months after booking my swift VDI at Sagar auto Bengalooru.Till now no news or call from dealer .Will meet them tmrw and get the status.Is there any way to trace our booking details ?
Old 20th August 2007, 13:52   #126
BANNED

Finally the good news .Dealer asked me to arrange for the money.My swift VDI is on the way.
Old 20th August 2007, 17:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man...Get set to enjoy your new car...
Old 20th August 2007, 18:34   #128
BHPian

Hi,
Which dealer in Bangalore provides fast delivery for Vdi? My friend would like to Book for one.

Please let me know the dealer and contact details.

Thanks in advance
Old 26th August 2007, 12:55   #129

swift vdi delivery issue

hi every body want to share this incident with all of u.

fifteen days back went to my local maruti dealership with my friend to buy swift vdi and there we learnt that if we want an immediate delivery then we have to buy acceseries worth Rs.35000/- else deposit the money.

we didnt like this but since the requirement was urgent so i called up a friend of mine in maruti and he booked a car for me and it was to be sent to dealer after one week we went to the dealer and the sales guy showed us our car and we said that plz get it ready for delivery .

he said it would take an hour or so .
so my friend left his car home and i picked him and his parents and we headed for maruti showroom but when we reached there we were told by the manager that our car had not arrived and the car shown to us is sold and it was some mistake on sales man's part.
i and my friend stood there shocked and short of words it was such an embarassing situation.
i called up my friend in maruti and he talked to that manager but manager quite cleverly said that since billing has been done so nothing can be done.

in the mean time we learnt that the guy who had bought had promised to buy acces. worth rs 40000/ so it was given to them .

my friend got really infuriated and got into no if no but only jut mode( he is surd) he made a few calls to some local minister to talk to the owner and my friend went into that managers room and straight away said to him that if we don't get the car he wnt go home in single piece( manager was youngish probably 25-28 yrs old) and after a lot of drama and powershowing we got the car at around 10:45 pm .

why i wrote this longish episode is to say that all this blackmarketing of swift is going on with consent of maruti and want to know wat can be done against it?
Old 27th August 2007, 11:40   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketnagpal View Post
my friend got really infuriated and got into no if no but only jut mode( he is surd) he made a few calls to some local minister to talk to the owner and my friend went into that managers room and straight away said to him that if we don't get the car he wnt go home in single piece( manager was youngish probably 25-28 yrs old) and after a lot of drama and powershowing we got the car at around 10:45 pm .
Oye Balle Balle !! Wah ji wah !! Swift nahin doge to '' NO IF NO BUT - SIRF JATT ''

I think I will also take a few of my good sardarji friends if & whenever I need a Swift Diesel.

On a more serious note though - I partially agree with you, Here In Agra ( small city ), the dealer initially had the nerve to say that if you want a swift diesel just pay 10K over the actual amount & take it in 3 days !! So people who did not want to wait actually paid this amount. I thought it was ridiculous !!

I mean who wants to buy 35 - 40K worth of MGA !! Very few people get accessories from dealers.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

This Swift D was launched some 7 months back and Maruti is still using the "waiting period" illusion.
If not for this drama, I would be a 4 month old Swift D owner.
Shame on Maruti and its dealers.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:42   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my friend got really infuriated and got into no if no but only jut mode( he is surd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Oye Balle Balle !! Wah ji wah !! Swift nahin doge to '' NO IF NO BUT - SIRF JATT ''
ROFL

On a more serious note this is the same problem here also with Akansha Automobiles Moradabad, get accessories from us worth 25k & get the car immediately. Seems like the dealers have devised this new way of charging a premium from buyers. Maybe the shortage now is being maintained by them rather than short supply from Maruti.

I seriously think that these incidents alongwith this thread should be communicated to MUL.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:00   #133
BHPian

Let Fiat, TATA and GM come out with cars with the same diesel engine then these Maruti dealers would say take 35K from us as cash discount.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:35   #134
BHPian

Quote:
While I do not agree with the dealer's customer service and questionable sales tactics, I have to say that I also do not agree with the manner in which you dealt with the matter. In my opinion, you could have taken the manager's name, and sent in a complaint to MUL complaining about the tactics adopted by the dealership. You could have also written to the editor of a newspaper and given the incident a little publicity so as to deter the dealership from doing the same thing to another customer.

However in choosing to use "influence" and threatening the manager with bodily harm, you have, in my opinion, achieved a very selfish end and served no other purpose. What I do not understand is why you had to threaten the manager? How would you like it if someone threatened to beat you up?

There is a waiting period for the Swift D across the country and if you wanted a car in 1 week, surely there were other options? I can only hope that you might consider apologizing to the manager. At the same time, I urge you to write a letter to MUL telling them what happened and asking them whether the Swift D is available at short notice?

I am sorry if you feel angry reading what I have said. I feel it had to be said and that this kind of behaviour cannot be encouraged.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:44   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Its surprising these things happen in India even today. Maruti's not asking for any premium for the Swift. The dealer is encashing in on its demand.

Simply escalate this to Maruti

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks