Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 20:09   #16
BANNED

Mitsubishi Free summer service camp review

HM Mitsubishi launched cool summer camp, for which i got an telephonic call and mail to attend it. (April 21-24, 2010)

Their brochure specified

Free vehicle A/c service
Free top up of all vehicle fluids
Free assesment on vehicle conditon
Free battery check up
Free water wash
Special price on parts and labour if brought for service within one month
special price and value added service on extended warranty, road side assistance

I booked for an appointment, on 22 nd. I went there at 2.30 pm, they have asked for any other problems to be checked? and i said three problems

1)AC clutch missing for a while running.
2)When turning full right, noise on drive shaft.
3)Steering vibration (turning left and right wobbling)

They have noted and had many check list points , they asked me to come on 23rd at 12 pm. since there are lots of cars. I left the car there and asked whether the car is ready, they said, it will be ready . I went there to collect at 1 pm. It is ready.

But service advisor got me the job card, which specified the problems are checked, i wondered, how can drive shaft problem be checked? i know my drive shaft is gone and it should be replaced. But i think they have not tested it. the result was given under.

1) they recommend to change compressor, (but i had checked with AC mechanic today nearby, he checked back pressure and all sorts and said it is fine , and only problem is thermostat cut off, which is on blower should be replaced) I have seperate thread about this problem on technical problems.

2) They marked as checked, but it still there. i know it cant be serviced. But i have told them before to ask for quotation and assess the condition

3) Its sorted out. now i dont have that much wobbling and vibration is steering wheel. So it is done.

But as said they have not filled or topped up vehicle fluids,
1)water tank of windscreen washer is not filled,
2)Battery terminals are dry, no special grease is applied or cleaned.
3)They have not checked all points in vehicle it seems, only 7-8 number of points are marked as tick. others are left blank.
3)Washing exterior is good and best
4) Interior polishing is average. Still dust are there in control stalks of wiper and head lamp etc. But we shall excuse it, because of number of vehicles flow there for free service.

I got an box of facial tissue , table digital clock which had calendar, thermometer etc in digital screen. I didnt get an key chain, But on 22 nd people got it, so i think it is out of stock on 23rd.

there were Stalls of Yokohama, Bardahl, roots, but they didnt even try to canvass or try to expalin their products by giving any brochure, they were just sitting before their products display and talking with other stall persons, so me too didnt bother them.

finally, What i got is Free water wash, interior clean, and 2 compliments. But technically, i am upset with their serivce.
Old 24th April 2010, 23:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

They have similar in Bangalore. I got my car back after the check up and all fluid top up. Also got a list of things they think is not right. The list ok but the price is not. 21 K for the steering rack assembly, 10 K for something else, 8 K for some other part. Ufff Mitsu. But the car feels tight and nice.
Old 25th April 2010, 23:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

I got my car yesterday and it is running smooth. Topped up all the fluids including power steering. I had to pay for that one. Other bearings belts etc. cost me 2274 bucks. In all I am impressed with the service and detailing by the service engineers. They also gave me a list of things they observed was wrong with the car. I am heading with the list straight to Shivajinagar
Their driver picked and dropped the Vehicle for me.
Most important thing. They are open on Sundays as well.
Old 11th May 2010, 09:56   #19
BHPian

My Cedia is due for the 10,000 km service. Any more feedback on this new workshop? Any suggestions on which one to pick - SVR or India Garage?
Old 11th May 2010, 10:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
My Cedia is due for the 10,000 km service. Any more feedback on this new workshop? Any suggestions on which one to pick - SVR or India Garage?
IMO go for SVR till they are in marketing mode. Once stable both might be the same. So make hay till the sun is shining. Plus they work on Sundays and have free pick up and drop till now.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
IMO go for SVR till they are in marketing mode. Once stable both might be the same. So make hay till the sun is shining. Plus they work on Sundays and have free pick up and drop till now.
Well said Prince and just to update the group, they are back to normal :-). They have stopped working on sundays.

I gave my car for replacing the tie-rod ends and some problem with the alternator. Guy quoted me a price of 1500 + 600 service charge for ends, today he called me and said it will cost 3200+1600 service charge because they quoted me a price for replacing one. Wrong communication form their part! Also replaced the steering damper without informing me.

I spoke with some senior folk in at SVR, not to nag on the repair cost, but to validate my point of miscommunication and i got the "go to hell" attitude from them. Result, i asked them to send my car back without any further work on it.

While typing, i just got another call from SVR saying that instead of ends, they replaced complete tie rods. Well, i wrote it clearly on the job card that i wanted ends to be replaced, then i spoke with the in-charge of service that this is what i wanted, now did they want me to write it on a stamp paper to prove/validate it. seriously man, you must be kidding, and its already been 4 days for this much work.

I found them no different than southern motors. Last time when i sent my car to southern for routine service, i got it back all tuned up , revvs going higher than required, steering tilted permanently towards right, one radiator fan not working, oil stains on sun-visors, fingerprints all across the windscreen .. and the list goes on.

Back to SVR, i wanted to speak with their store GM and no-one ever connected me to him, instead, the girl at the reception kept on transferring my call to some Anil in spares dept. Then i started getting calls from the workshop folks on clarifications on what was done why; i have asked them to send my car back immediately and hopefully i will get that.
Old 26th May 2010, 19:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

^^Ooops sorry to hear that mate. I went there with a list of specifics I wanted to get done. I know a couple of engineers there. One of them is Srinivas who seems to have a level head. The other is a 23 year old graduate who knows Mitsu cars inside out. His name is Shravanth. I had 20 K job list which finished to about 32 K with taxes. New clutch, Tie-rods, Steering rack assembly repair etc. I am happy with the car and my parents enjoyed the ride till Pune from Bangalore and my father liked the ride quality and was happy with the car. Money well spent I'd stay.
One thing I did was call him everyday and ask for updates. Its a pity I could not feel the ride as I was due to fly to the USA.

Yes they have closed working on Sunday and their price list seems to be a little cheaper than southern motors. SM quoted 2K for a new steering wheel while SVR asked me for just 1440 INR. I was surprised. If I were to choose one, I cannot. Its too early to comment.

In Southern it is Laxmikanth I trust. Here I think I have developed a thing for Sravanth. The GM there is Mr. Prasad which is good to talk to. Pretty straight forward. Best of luck everyone.
Old 16th June 2010, 02:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj View Post
Well said Prince and just to update the group, they are back to normal :-). They have stopped working on sundays.

I gave my car for replacing the tie-rod ends and some problem with the alternator. Guy quoted me a price of 1500 + 600 service charge for ends, today he called me and said it will cost 3200+1600 service charge because they quoted me a price for replacing one. Wrong communication form their part! Also replaced the steering damper without informing me.

I spoke with some senior folk in at SVR, not to nag on the repair cost, but to validate my point of miscommunication and i got the "go to hell" attitude from them. Result, i asked them to send my car back without any further work on it.

While typing, i just got another call from SVR saying that instead of ends, they replaced complete tie rods. Well, i wrote it clearly on the job card that i wanted ends to be replaced, then i spoke with the in-charge of service that this is what i wanted, now did they want me to write it on a stamp paper to prove/validate it. seriously man, you must be kidding, and its already been 4 days for this much work.

I found them no different than southern motors. Last time when i sent my car to southern for routine service, i got it back all tuned up , revvs going higher than required, steering tilted permanently towards right, one radiator fan not working, oil stains on sun-visors, fingerprints all across the windscreen .. and the list goes on.

Back to SVR, i wanted to speak with their store GM and no-one ever connected me to him, instead, the girl at the reception kept on transferring my call to some Anil in spares dept. Then i started getting calls from the workshop folks on clarifications on what was done why; i have asked them to send my car back immediately and hopefully i will get that.

Here is the remaining part of what happened:

(I was convinced by their sorry words and their later behavior that i will not post anything more, and actually they asked me not to post anything on team bhp, but one incident happened that made me change my mind)

Once i posted the above message, i got a call from some Mr. Govindrajan who said he was regional head of HM motors and he will follow-up with Mr. Prasad at SVR. After that i got a bunch of calls from SVR saying that they will do their best to get my car fixed ... etc..etc and rectify all blunders that they had made. I was super happy at the attention that they gave to customers (I in this case).

Next day, i got a call from them, that they sent the car back and the alternator stopped working so they had to tow the car back to the garage. After some discussion, i asked them to send the alternator (they said they don't have the part in their stock and will need to order it). I handed it over to my friend who works with Bosch, he got it serviced (the voltage regulator was not working and he fitted a new one) and i gave it to SVR guys.

Next day, i got a call from SVR that my car was done and they were sending it, awesome! After couple of hours, i received my car in proper working condition ... i was wowed ... but not for long, i noticed that the front bumper was broken from the left and looked like it was forcefully fitted back. I immediately called SVR and at first they denied that it was their fault until their driver gave away and said the he had hit the car earlier while taking the delivery from me.

Conclusion, i sent the car back to SVR to get the bumper fixed (i spoke with Mr. Prasad who assured me that he will get it fixed). After 2 days, i got another call from SVR saying that the bumper was fixed and they have sent the car back with their driver. Then after couple of hours i got another call from SVR that the alternator was not charging the battery. i asked them to check the wiring and let me know.

Same day, 10:30 at night, i got a call from MR Prasad saying that he was at my apartment to deliver the car (sir, 10:30 at night! and that too without intimating me that you are coming?), i was at my office for some urgent work and came back to my apartment. Mr. Prasad was waiting there and he broke the news that the alternator had stopped working again so they kept swapping the batteries in the car and somehow made it to my place (sir, who asked you to send the car back without fixing it?) And then he started out that he had done a big favor to me by not charging for the alternator fitting, bumper repair ... etc. (Bumper? you guys broke it, didn't you?, on alternator .. please continue to read and you'll come to know what happened.) I asked them to leave the car and said i will get the alternator checked again and if required, i will ask them to procure a new one for me.

Next day, i called my friend again, he came and took the car (fuel got over right outside the apartment - tank was empty, when i gave the car, it had fuel worth 1000 and then they had put some for another 500 bucks). somehow, he could take the car along. In the evening, i got a call from him saying that the alternator wiring was short and that caused the alternator circuit to blow and there was a fuse/relay (don't remember what it was) on the car that had blown because of that (Thanks SVR guys, your people don't even know how to fix the alternator). He also mentioned that the speedometer was not working and i asked him not to touch that, i will get that fixed later.

Two days later, i got the car back ... and it was running fine, no problems at all!!!

I got the car waxed..etc and opened the trunk to get the cover out, realized that all the plastic locks on the rear bumper were missing!! (now SVR people, what the heck did you remove the rear bumper for ... forget it if you removed it, why the heck didn't you put the locks back.) My wild guess, they removed the rear bumper to get the color matching done to paint the front bumper, but forgot to put the locks back.

Overall, the alternator repairing (twice) and the wiring fixed cost me 3300 for the first time and 3900 for the second time. This is excluding the bill that SVR is yet to send me.

I am sure that someone from SVR will read this, so for whosoever you are, i am back in town so you can send someone to collect the cheque and stop calling me 20 times a day on your pending money, i am not a moron like you. Also, for slightest dignity that you might have, if you don't want to meet me face to face, here is my email ID (somendra.rathore@gmail.com), send me a scanned copy of the bill along with your bank details and i will do an online transfer.

Overall:

I found my experience with Southern Motors to be much much better, they just normally don't meet the timelines and once i found the parking bulbs missing ... that's it, but they never returned the car with a blown-up alternator and a non-working car.

To HM and Mr. Govindrajan: yesterday, i saw another letter from you promoting SVR as your new service center. Please don't send that to me, i have my experiences now to justify my pick.
Old 16th June 2010, 03:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^Sorry to know about your ordeal bro! I can't believe they took so much time for an alternator.
Old 16th June 2010, 04:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^Sorry to know about your ordeal bro! I can't believe they took so much time for an alternator.
It's not about the time they took, they couldn't even diagnose the problem with the alternator and neither could they fix it properly once i gave it to them after repairs.

Also, the act of sending the car back without even fixing it was a clear sign of getting rid of the ownership of the problem that they created.
Old 16th June 2010, 07:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
prince_pervez : One of them is Srinivas who seems to have a level head.

I had 20 K job list which finished to about 32 K with taxes. New clutch, Tie-rods, Steering rack assembly repair etc.
@Prince, was Mr Srinivas with Lathangi earlier ?

New Clutch, tie-rods & a steering rack assy repair at 20K ? And a paid job ? Why so early ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks