Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 13:43   #31
BHPian

re: Nissan @ Auto Expo 2012 (Including the Nissan Evalia / NV200)

I was at their stall. Good display. Evalia comes with the same diesel engine as Sunny - 85bhp and 20kgm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpk View Post
If they are targetting passenger and not taxi market, then why Evalia and not Quest which does not look like a panel van converted into people carrier?
Quest is a luxury minivan which is not only very big, but also very expensive (starts from approx Rs 15,00,000 in USA). Crucially, it is not offered with a diesel engine which is something Indians look for in such vehicles.
Old 7th January 2012, 21:32   #32
BHPian

NISMO, NISMO and NISMO, When will it come out of the concept cover and transforn into areal car. I mean Nissan has all the guts to launch this concept in real life. Would love to have one if launched with sensible pricing.

Rest Nissan is still new to the market in India with mass cars, so lets wait and watch.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:25   #33
BHPian

Also any idea on when Nissan is going to start assembling Xtrail in India? I think this is currently the best SUV in India and the high price is the only reason that the sales of this very capable vehicle has not taken off
Old 9th January 2012, 14:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Good portfolio, but I think they need to sell themselves more aggressively. Auto expo was a chance where they could have done that; in fact they did, but looking at the pics, I feel it was a feeble attempt. What they needed was some more jazz around their display area. No 'in your face' advertisement.

Evalia looks promising though. Let's wait and watch. If priced ~7-10L it could make a good buy.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
The Nissan Evalia (also known as the NV200) :
[list][*]Will be on sale later this year[*]To be built by Nissan at their India plant, which is incidentally their newest manufacturing facility worldwide[*]The Evalia is a seven-seater [*]Nissan is hoping to kick-start the “Urban-Class Utility Vehicle” space in India[*]Features a Rear View Camera and Intelligent Key[*]It will be interesting to see how the Indian market takes to the very utilitarian looks of this vehicle - will space and utility come out on top?
People complain about Indian car designers. See this. Total disaster in looks department. Tata Winger looks better than this. Don't know how company like NIssan makes such a car. If they launch in India, i am sure it will be flop. It may be technically good, but people will not accept it for sure. Total crap car.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:40   #36
BHPian

Since Nissan is coming up with the Evalia, how about Renault too announcing about bringing in their famous Espace. Or have they already?
Old 9th January 2012, 21:15   #37
BHPian

There was a Sunny Diesel in the Nissan stall. It was badged dCi, there was no other hint of the car being Diesel run, otherwise.
The GTR was one hell of a car and the Z seemed puny when compared.
The Fluence had redesigned headlamps, a facelift, maybe??
Old 12th January 2012, 20:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
[/list]GTO
A lot shall depend on the pricing. When it comes to people movers, we have earlier seen Xylo sell like hot cakes despite the quirky design. Eeco again has been doing well in its segment.

The car looks good IMHO. Nissan's service network may cause a problem though.
+1, the pricing has to be rightly perceived. At this point of time, it has to be comparable with Ertiga. Service network needs to be revamped. The ground clearance looks to be a concern(need on road feedback)
Tommie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 21:36   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
People complain about Indian car designers. See this. Total disaster in looks department. Tata Winger looks better than this. Don't know how company like NIssan makes such a car. If they launch in India, i am sure it will be flop. It may be technically good, but people will not accept it for sure. Total crap car.
It's not one of my favorites(cos it's a FWD van), but other than that can't see a reason why it should be called as crap. Yeah, the Renault Trafic (Winger) looks cleaner styled than this and the rear lights of the Evalia doesn't look it's place at the rear, still it ought to do well in the market provided it's priced right.
Old 9th March 2012, 17:49   #40
BHPian

Guys, Any updates on the launch of Nissan Evalia?? I am waiting for this, I expect it to be better spec'd than the highly overpriced Innova and at a competitive price too.

Any updates on the matter is appreciated. Cheers.
Old 15th April 2012, 08:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM21 View Post
Guys, Any updates on the launch of Nissan Evalia?? I am waiting for this, I expect it to be better spec'd than the highly overpriced Innova and at a competitive price too.

Any updates on the matter is appreciated. Cheers.
Nissan is indeed serious about launching the Evalia. Here's what I found at ARAI campus today morning when I want for my daily jog. I wanted to take photos of the interior too, but I was shooed off by the security.

Evalia looks nice very much in flesh, it is big and spacious too; though I would have preferred a nicer looking rear and front end. The rear end looks very bland and uninspiring. Let's see the pricing now.

Nissan (including Leaf) @ Auto Expo 2012-photo0007.jpg

Nissan (including Leaf) @ Auto Expo 2012-photo0008.jpg

Nissan (including Leaf) @ Auto Expo 2012-photo0009.jpg

Nissan (including Leaf) @ Auto Expo 2012-photo0010.jpg
W.A.G.7 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2012, 09:13   #42
BHPian

Thanks, agree with the disappointing exterior design. By the looks of it the second and third row windows are so small and also looks like they are sealed. Second row may have limited swing opening. This could make it quite claustrophobic and using it without A/C could be challenging.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:44   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

The exterior design is mediocre at best and feels if you seeing a 90s car. Also from the look of it this looks more like competing with the Eeco and Tata Venture rather than the MUVs. It would be interesting to see the pricing on this since Nissan has found a lot of buyers for the Sunny and have created the right amount of interest amongst the buyers. With correct pricing a lot of this interest is bound to rub off on the Evalia.
Old 15th April 2012, 17:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think Nissan will price it well. They have got a firm grip on the pricing of their models in Indian line up and shall succeed. My bet - Xylo range pricing.
Old 15th April 2012, 20:54   #45
Team-BHP Support

A delivery van kind of a styling indeed. It will be interesting to see how this car will be received in our market. IMO, this kind of a design is quite outdated for a personal/family car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks