Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 15:10   #1
BHPian

Effect of Team-BHP on the Auto Industry

Mods, Merge this topic if this exists elsewhere.

We all love TBHP, Everyone has a hang of getting to this site again and again to check for new articles being posted.

In short "WE LOVE CARS, LIVE CARS" and Tbhp is sure an integral part of our lives, which brings me back to the motive of this thread

With this thread i want alll the enthusiasts enrolled out here to know that when we post our problems here, they for sure are given a large amount of thought up there in the industry with the big guys!

Here's my instance-
After a long time, my sister meets her old friend who is now married.
they chit chat long and then she puts into my ears that she was previously working with Hyundai as a management graduate.

Her friend comes into my room and looks at the TBHP stickers on the study table and exclaims!
" Hey you know about T-BHP?"
Me-(with lots of interest and a wide smile )" Yes i do, do you too?"

Then we get down to a long dsicussuion where she tells me, that their Higher ups mandate them to follow each and every article on Tbhp related to the project they are following.
She was in Fluidic verna department and said that she has followed almost all the ownership threads threads realated to Verna and especially the Official Test Drive and review and in the same breath she also added, that special considerations are taken according to the reviews found on Tbhp, when the guys in Korea perform a Facelift.

I was Delighted and had achest filled with Honour and wanted to share this experience here.

Please keep sharing your experiences, It really adds to the making of the vehicle!
Do share your experiences if you have any!

Thanks!
don_carmaster is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Effect of Team-BHP on the Auto Industry

I posted this somewhere else as well, Mahindra is also other company where there officials follow T-BHP seriously. They use it for sales numbers for all companies, reviews, inputs given by team members etc. They are very pleased with the amount of information and views are available on T-BHP. IMO, this is a good practice for any automobile engineers to keep surfing various stuff on the net. Its like information is readily available to be used for their own benefit. They can use this info & use it to make their cars better.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:34   #3
BHPian

All I know for sure is FIAT India also follows Team BHP religiously. I was having a chat with one of the senior sales employee of FIAT and He told me that most of the changes ( be it technical or aesthetic ) as well as market research is done using Team BHP as a reliable source. Same holds true for Ford as well.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:35   #4
BHPian

That's nice to hear. The power of community! And what a community! A community that is self-managed, democratic and well managed. What more could an auto company ask for?

They are getting free, honest and erudite feedback without spending a penny!

Ain't that cool? Ain't it time that they 'pay' for it to this community
soonya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 16:35   #5
BHPian

Being into the Market Research industry, I know for a fact the importance of websites like our tbhp for not just auto companies, but their entire eco system as well.

It is like research being delivered 'free of cost' for them, although at the cost of our jobs!
Sinner666 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Just to share a personal experience on how much team-bhp is respected

One of my relative once proudly showed me team-bhp sticker on his new car and said "do you know what it means ? and do you know how difficult it is to get one"

I did ask him if he was a member, and he replied in negetive. he said its a big deal to become a member so he begged and borrowed one sticker from a friend

He said he can try to arrange one sticker for me as well. I politely thanked him. (I did not mention him that i am a team-bhp member since 2006, Its just that i dont like to put stickers on my car)
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 16:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

What better way than reaching those at the upper echelons in the Auto industry?

Team-Bhp.com, more than an extensive hoard of information, has now become a platform wherein thoughts, ideas, praises and complaints can be addressed. These then automatically get channeled to the right places and effective counteraction is being taken. Sometimes, there are negative repercussions, but the fact that T-Bhp is built on truth, honesty and transparency is what makes this forum stand out tall amongst the rest!

Interesting link along the same lines here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...its-users.html
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 18:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Just to share a personal experience on how much team-bhp is respected

One of my relative once proudly showed me team-bhp sticker on his new car and said "do you know what it means ? and do you know how difficult it is to get one"

I did ask him if he was a member, and he replied in negetive. he said its a big deal to become a member so he begged and borrowed one sticker from a friend

He said he can try to arrange one sticker for me as well. I politely thanked him. (I did not mention him that i am a team-bhp member since 2006, Its just that i dont like to put stickers on my car)
Adding in context to your topic
There is one of my friends' who is a regular follower of Teambhp for reviews of cars, also knowing that I am a member of this enthusiasts community & if he is not able to follow the site he looks up to me for reviews.

Just recently he came up to me and told me that he has tried thrice to register and has been unable to pass the article test.
And has asked me to write one for himself.
I was like LOL
And was proud that this is the amount of attraction he has for our forum.

All hail!

Last edited by don_carmaster : 7th May 2013 at 18:22.
Old 7th May 2013, 18:27   #9
BHPian

Well the biggest impact of T-bhp is Db sir and the likes of him.

Another power of T-bhp. Driver seat height adjust and rear defogger are standard across all models of Honda Brio from now on.
Old 7th May 2013, 19:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP definitely a forum which can not be ignored even by the biggest auto makers.
This is the places where they get honest and real feedback on their cars and the things which they can improve upon.
My friend who works in Toyota Kirloskar Motors did say that Team-BHP is followed very closely to get the customer feedback and its taken seriously. I also heard that they have a dedicated team too working on that.
At the end of the day i would say its so beneficial for both customer and the Manufacturers.
Old 7th May 2013, 19:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Sometimes, there are negative repercussions, but the fact that T-Bhp is built on truth, honesty and transparency is what makes this forum stand out tall amongst the rest!
When I read the first post in the thread, and read about how Hyundai is trying to keep track of what is being written here, I was instantly reminded of the Skoda thread. Evidently, they seemed to ignore that so much negative has been written about them. Some manufacturers just a more customer and media focused than some other, I suppose.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 19:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

With wider access to communication tools, it has become imperative for Auto companies, dealers and even accessory shops/companies etc to pay heed to what the customer is expressing 'freely' on the internet and quality auto blogs like TBHP.

Try pulling up a review page or an A.S.C experience of your car on your smartphone and show it to the concerned personnel, you shall see the effect. I have done that earlier to successful results. Also the 'discipline' of the forum is very important to cast and set the image correctly.

For the Auto companies in specific, it is a compendium of great information which if utilized correctly will correct their trends in the market. Also, forums like ours become the soft pads of pre-launch pulse check!!

So much for our passion, Kudos to TBHP!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 19:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
She was in Fluidic verna department and said that she has followed almost all the ownership threads threads realated to Verna and especially the Official Test Drive and review and in the same breath she also added, that special considerations are taken according to the reviews found on Tbhp, when the guys in Korea perform a Facelift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I posted this somewhere else as well, Mahindra is also other company where there officials follow T-BHP seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
All I know for sure is FIAT India also follows Team BHP religiously. I was having a chat with one of the senior sales employee of FIAT and He told me that most of the changes ( be it technical or aesthetic ) as well as market research is done using Team BHP as a reliable source. Same holds true for Ford as well.
Wow! I'm quite surprised these companies read our opinions and criticism. This is very good news for both the companies and the consumer should they make changes based on our discussions. I would imagine blacklisting T-BHP URL is part of the Skoda Dealership program? : P
If by any chance Mercedes is listening, Please reduce the entry price of the A-Class to 18 Ex-Showroom : )

Last edited by Maky : 7th May 2013 at 19:34.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 20:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai following is news while Mahindras have been very closely looking at the social media and serious forums like ours.

Though it may be a bit here, but the companies that are most probably not following TBHP are the Tatas. Come on there are umpteen number of threads of how they can improve and load of feedback on the Nano, not sure if anyone reads up even some of them.
I just hope that I am wrong and not beating a here but it would be interesting to know if they actually do.

Also would be nice to know how it works up the ladder once information is tracked from TBHP and what sort of decisions actioned upon by companies such as Hyundai.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 20:23   #15
BHPian

An automobile manufacturer can not stay away from Social Media which includes powerful forum like Team-BHP. The power of Team-BHP has been well appreciated by automobile companies and they get many valuable feedback which can be implemented in their upcoming products.

For instance I was travelling in a shared auto rickshaw and two employees of an automobile company were discussing about some quality issues (field complaint). At one point one person said - "The problem is, the customer is a Team-BHP member and he is very well aware of the product. So we can not convince him very easily".

I wanted to tell them that even I am Team-BHP member, but did not.
MaxTorque is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks