Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 11:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford India recalls 20,752 units of EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Mine is the 1.5P and I got only the RCM CONNECTOR WIRING.
Firstly, thanks for confirming - this means that the below rusting issue and FSA is limited to the EcoBoost engines.
Quote:
1 FSA Number: S1403
FUEL TUBE AND VAPOUR TUBE REPLACEMENT
Quote:
Called up Kairali Ford service in TVM, they say they haven't got any details on the recall from Ford. And they would call the customers once they get it. I had a long trip planned on Friday, so wanted to do it before that. Looks like I would have to wait.
I think most of us will be setting off on a 2-week vacation this weekend. Although I'd like to have the airbags sorted out before travel, I'm not comfortable with the fuel line changes being made before my trip (I don't want to run the risk of a leak/getting stranded in case of teething issues).

So I've actually elected to return from my holidays and get both FSAs addressed only in early Jan.

Have you tried reaching out to the Bangalore service centers (given your profile location)?
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 12:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Have you tried reaching out to the Bangalore service centers (given your profile location)?
No. Since I am here on a short term transfer, I called up the center nearest to me. But from what the girl at Kairali Ford said, it is the dealer who sold you the vehicle that would be calling you and asking you to get the vehicles in for repair.

So since currently I am in the wrong city, probably, I would have to wait till Kairali Ford attends to all its own customers before attending to this outstation guy.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:36   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No. Since I am here on a short term transfer, I called up the center nearest to me. But from what the girl at Kairali Ford said, it is the dealer who sold you the vehicle that would be calling you and asking you to get the vehicles in for repair.
Ah man, that sucks.

What the customer service lady told you might be the official line. However, if you know any SA there, try talking to them directly. They may fuss for a while, and then relent.

I'm sure, today, Kairali Ford isn't yet flooded with working on the FSA, they'll still be doing outreach. So, if you explain your predicament to them, they might be more accommodating. Particularly since your EcoSport needs only the airbag wiring work.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you're the first one to get this, so it'll be nice for the rest of us to see this.
Sure buddy, here is a screen shot of the same. Received this email yesterday.
Ford India recalls 20,752 units of EcoSport-imageuploadedbyteambhp1418807498.370223.jpg
Ford India recalls 20,752 units of EcoSport-imageuploadedbyteambhp1418807516.090281.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 14:46   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Official announcement, online checking tool with your VIN and emails being sent to owners of affected cars. Textbook way of handling a recall, isn't it? Happy to see this.

Compare that to Nissan's (expectedly) shoddy handling of the Micra & Sunny airbag recall. It's been two months and there is still no clarity on the matter. Nissan doesn't know which cars are affected, their dealers don't know which cars are affected & customers don't know if their car is affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nissan's typically lame way of handling matters.

A responsible manufacturer would have a VIN-check tool on their website (as some others have) where you can see if your car is part of the recall. Not Nissan, they're either sleeping, busy with the export market or thinking of launching yet another brand in India.

The incompetent dealer doesn't have a clue. Upon prodding him, he says that my car isn't part of the '1st list'. He's waiting for the '2nd list' and can't confirm whether my car will be on it or not.

Basically, he spoke a lot....but gave no real information at all.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 15:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thank you, its good to have this email to hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Official announcement, online checking tool with your VIN and emails being sent to owners of affected cars. Textbook way of handling a recall, isn't it? Happy to see this.
I absolutely agree. Its good to see that Ford India is following Ford's global playbook for handling recalls.

I admire the email and the level of detail - it clearly and openly states what is wrong, what is the risk, and what will be done to correct it. I think it covers every common question people might have.

I only hope that the wider public (outside such forums/groups) realize the commendable action that Ford is performing, even when the prevailing behaviour in India amongst other manufacturers is to sweep such issues under the carpet and fix them on the sly (if at all). Consumers need to view such recalls positively.
arunphilip is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 17:59   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Cross-posting my response on the official review thread here, since its specifically about the recall.

Let me try to summarize, based on the various models that Ford lists on their webpage, and the information we've got till date about the recalls.

The following models have no recall, because they do not use the EcoBoost engine, and do not have 6 airbags.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Ambiente
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Trend
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Ambiente
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Trend
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium

The following models are in scope of only 1 recall, namely "S1411 RCM CONNECTOR WIRING", also known as the side airbags recall. These models have 6 airbags but do not use the EcoBoost engine.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium AT
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium(O)

The following model is in scope of only 1 recall, namely "FSA Number: S1403 FUEL TUBE AND VAPOUR TUBE REPLACEMENT", also known as the fuel line rusting inspection/replacement recall. This is because it uses the EcoBoost engine, but has only 2 airbags.
  • 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium

The following model is in scope of both recalls for the side airbags and fuel line, since it has the EcoBoost engine and has 6-airbags.
  • 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium(O)
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 18:07   #23
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th December 2014 at 15:39.
autobahnjpr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2014, 13:48   #24
BHPian

So my wife has an Ecoboost Titanium (O) but when I input her Ecosports VIN I get the following on Fords Website:
There is 1 Field Service Action
FSA Number: S1411

RCM CONNECTOR WIRING

Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer

Quote:
Cross-posting my response on the official review thread here, since its specifically about the recall.

Let me try to summarize, based on the various models that Ford lists on their webpage, and the information we've got till date about the recalls.

The following models have no recall, because they do not use the EcoBoost engine, and do not have 6 airbags.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Ambiente
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Trend
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Ambiente
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Trend
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium

The following models are in scope of only 1 recall, namely "S1411 RCM CONNECTOR WIRING", also known as the side airbags recall. These models have 6 airbags but do not use the EcoBoost engine.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium AT
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium(O)

The following model is in scope of only 1 recall, namely "FSA Number: S1403 FUEL TUBE AND VAPOUR TUBE REPLACEMENT", also known as the fuel line rusting inspection/replacement recall. This is because it uses the EcoBoost engine, but has only 2 airbags.
  • 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium

The following model is in scope of both recalls for the side airbags and fuel line, since it has the EcoBoost engine and has 6-airbags.
  • 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium(O)
Old 18th December 2014, 14:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
So my wife has an Ecoboost Titanium (O) but when I input her Ecosports VIN I get the following on Fords Website:
There is 1 Field Service Action
1 FSA Number: S1411
RCM CONNECTOR WIRING

Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer
Good question. Its possible that your car was manufactured at a time that meant its not affected by the rusting fuel line recall, which is why its not shown.

Could you please decode your year/month of manufacture using this thread?
Old 18th December 2014, 17:59   #26

Today my Ford Dealer called me and I was told that my Ecosport 1.5P AT was listed under Ford Field Service Action No.S1411 which required the Main Wiring Harness connected to the Side Airbags Reworked, I took my vehicle to the dealership and the service technicians did not replace any wiring but just reworked on the existing wiring harness and connected it to the correct position which should have been done at the time of Manufacturing, The Job took around two hours, Got a Zero bill.
KarNut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 23:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the mail. Your case and the mail talks only about the wiring harness issue.
Does anyone has the mail that talks about the Fuel and Vapour tube replacement issue? If so please post it. Is possible corrosion the only issue here?

Regards
Dinesh
Old 20th December 2014, 22:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Got an official mailer from Ford that my Ecosport is affected by this recall, it contained my ecosport's chassis number and the relevant FSA. Very transparent procedure and thumbs up to Ford for that.
In comparison, my Vento was manufactured during a period where the injectors had issues (there is an advisory for it)and silly VW is waiting for me to get stranded on the road to change them, no recall and no replacement despite complaining.
Dear Coolboy007, Do you have any official data/news on this injector issue for VW Vento? I also own a vento and heard this first time. Sorry for diverting from the topic.
Old 21st December 2014, 05:33   #29
BHPian

Almost a year back, I remember a friend of mine who bought a 2012 Ford Figo Zxi mentioning that he got a call from the dealership once. He bought it from Mahindra Truchoice. They said that Ford issued an advisory about a faulty part in Figo's suspension and so are contacting the affected customers. If I remember correctly, it's something in the suspension and he said it costs about 30,000/- and they replaced it for free

Last edited by rav11stars : 21st December 2014 at 05:49.
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:50   #30
BHPian

Had a harrowing experience today at Elite Ford service centre, Mahadevapura when I visited them for the FSA issue of Fuel and Vapour line corrosion for my Ecoboost Titanium.

I had booked a slot for this today on last Friday, which was double confirmed by Elite Ford staff on Saturday and yesterday. Inspite of so much follow up, they highlight to me today that they do not have appropriate tools to do the replacement which is expected from Chennai next week.

They mixed up my details and booked me for airbag related issue when my vehicle does not have it which clearly shows in their system.

I am not sure how updated they are internally.

One lady comes up to me asking if the vehicle is still under warranty. I was shell shocked for a moment since this is absolutely absurd question. Ecosport was launched just about 1.5 yrs back and how can warranty come into picture. I had a nice laugh and waited for Mr. Shyam (Asst. Service Mgr) to give me an answer after their so called "checking in the system".

I was asked to come next week. So if anyone is going to their SVC, please call up and confirm if they have the tools to do the Fuel and Vapour line replacement.

However, they are ready to the wiring harness replacement (6 airbags versions only). Its really immature of Ford to handle field campaigns in such a manner.

I hope this is the first and last case of such incidents.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks